Reminder: Common Lisp Weekly News

  • submit to reddit
  • Email
  • Follow

Weekly news are published for several programming language communities.
Since december 2008 there are weekly news collected for (Common) Lisp:

  http://lispnews.wordpress.com/

Quoted from the website:

  LispNews.wordpress.com�� a weekly newspost and newsletter
  dedicated to the recent developments in the Common Lisp community.

   *	If you know something that you think would interest the rest of the community,
   *	If you would like to announce a software release,
   *	Or anything else Common Lisp related,

  Then drop me a mail (reverse '("com" "." "yahoo" "@" "anyakinvictor")).

Those who want to catch up with recent developments without following
newsgroups, mailing lists, webforums, etc. might find it useful.
Remember to send in to the lispified mail address above if you
want to see something mentioned there...

--
http://lispm.dyndns.org/
0

See related articles to this posting
comp.lang.lisp 15362 articles. 5 followers. Post

Common Lisp Weekly News
http://lispnews.wordpress.com/ Looks like a useful service. Let's see how long it lasts. Make sure you send a message to (reverse '("com" "." "yahoo" "@" "anyakinvictor")) of everything newsworthy you want to see there. -- http://lispm.dyndns.org/ ...

Common Lisp on TV (for weeks)
On air... For Your Information: As some of the #lisp people on irc.freenode.net knows I'm (together with two geek friends from fazlamesai.net) producing a technology program called Fazla Mesai on a Turkish TV: http://www.teknolojitelevizyonu.com which broadcasts over cable and sattelite (including the whole Europe). It is seldom that we don't mention Lisp this way or the other on every Wednesday evening between 21:30 - 22:40. Whenever possible we try to show something related to Lisp, audiovisually. This means... yes, videos. What have we done until now? Well, we talked about ...

Common Lisp Directory news
The development of the Common Lisp Directory is going on. As I have several real work projects to finish, I can't spend as much time as I would like on this project, but it is progressing anyway and I hope to be able to put the new version online next week. The Common Lisp Directory is here: http://www.cl-user.net (Thanks to Arthur Lemmens for this cool name ;-) So far the categorization system is finished and I'm adding the following objects to the directory. -implementations -libraries -persons -html-documents -external-documents -organizations -events ...

Common Lisp Application Builder news
The Common Lisp Application Builder project now has its own domain: http://www.lispbuilder.org/ The CLISP patch for Windows is updated to the latest version 2.38 and with the help of Surendra Singhi for the SWIG module and Justin Heyes-Jones for the SDL mapping, now we have our first SDL test program on Windows, which is end-user friendly (no console window, only 2 files to install). Next steps will be finishing the SDL Lisp bindings, porting of some games and creating a simple to use gaming package. If you want to help with the project in general or discuss how the gaming package should lo...

News about the European Common Lisp Meeting
Hi, We now have 104 registrations from 20 countries for the European Common Lisp Meeting in Hamburg. This means that there are only 21 seats left. If you want to be sure of a place, don't wait with registering until April 19 but register NOW at: http://weitz.de/eclm2006/ About the dinner on Saturday evening: thanks to Edi's negotiation skills the original maximum of 80 people has now turned into a maximum of 90 people. But with 83 seats already taken you'd better register YESTERDAY if you're interested in more than a lonely Big Mac on Saturday evening. Looking forward...

[News] CMS Award Competition Reminder, New FLOSS Weekly Episode

Common Lisp :Help me!!Viva one week to go!! -> How to read from textfile structure by structure and assigning them to names and variables....dun want to extract all structures in a bunch
Am still completing my expert system or rather diagnostic system in Common Lisp and bit stressed right now. I have saved my cases into lisp structures using defstruct into a textfile. THe question is : 1. How to extract structures one by one from the textfile rather than the whole bunch of them? 2. And how do i index them and append them to a database called *example-database* (which consist of previous cases using defstruct)after a new case is saved into the textfile? How do I update it to *example-database* after extracting from the textfile? Please help, tq aston > Am still compl...

why Common Lisp is not a lisp
How about, when trying to decide "what is lisp" or to apply "lispp" to some _thing_, we just go very low level and somewhat retro and mostly informal? As a straw-man: a lisp is any language implementation which includes a run time system with some recognizably lispish types (cons pairs, numbers, symbols) having their familiar properties (latent typing, gc-based memory management), and implemented in a recognizably traditional way (or a brilliant new way, worthy of being added to the design space). In the language implemented, programs are expressed in s-exp syntax and th...

[News] DistroWatch Weekly and Ubuntu Weekly Released for This Week