x - 1 = x - (x+1) + x

What languages might use a scheme similar to this? Could I build my
own?

x = x - (x+1) + x + 2: Numbers: 101 (TM) Code.
-100=-101+1==-99-1===-100
-099=-101+2==-98-1===-99
-098=-101+3==-97-1===-98
-097=-101+4==-96-1===-97
-096=-101+5==-95-1===-96
-095=-101+6==-94-1===-95
-094=-101+7==-93-1===-94
-093=-101+8==-92-1===-93
-092=-101+9==-91-1===-92
-091=-101+10==-90-1===-91
-090=-101+11==-89-1===-90
-089=-101+12==-88-1===-89
-088=-101+13==-87-1===-88
-087=-101+14==-86-1===-87
-086=-101+15==-85-1===-86
-085=-101+16==-84-1===-85
-084=-101+17==-83-1===-84
-083=-101+18==-82-1===-83
-082=-101+19==-81-1===-82
-081=-101+20==-80-1===-81
-080=-101+21==-79-1===-80
-079=-101+22==-78-1===-79
-078=-101+23==-77-1===-78
-077=-101+24==-76-1===-77
-076=-101+25==-75-1===-76
-075=-101+26==-74-1===-75
-074=-101+27==-73-1===-74
-073=-101+28==-72-1===-73
-072=-101+29==-71-1===-72
-071=-101+30==-70-1===-71
-070=-101+31==-69-1===-70
-069=-101+32==-68-1===-69
-068=-101+33==-67-1===-68
-067=-101+34==-66-1===-67
-066=-101+35==-65-1===-66
-065=-101+36==-64-1===-65
-064=-101+37==-63-1===-64
-063=-101+38==-62-1===-63
-062=-101+39==-61-1===-62
-061=-101+40==-60-1===-61
-060=-101+41==-59-1===-60
-059=-101+42==-58-1===-59
-058=-101+43==-57-1===-58
-057=-101+44==-56-1===-57
-056=-101+45==-55-1===-56
-055=-101+46==-54-1===-55
-054=-101+47==-53-1===-54
-053=-101+48==-52-1===-53
-052=-101+49==-51-1===-52
-051=-101+50==-50-1===-51
-050=-101+51==-49-1===-50
-049=-101+52==-48-1===-49
-048=-101+53==-47-1===-48
-047=-101+54==-46-1===-47
-046=-101+55==-45-1===-46
-045=-101+56==-44-1===-45
-044=-101+57==-43-1===-44
-043=-101+58==-42-1===-43
-042=-101+59==-41-1===-42
-041=-101+60==-40-1===-41
-040=-101+61==-39-1===-40
-039=-101+62==-38-1===-39
-038=-101+63==-37-1===-38
-037=-101+64==-36-1===-37
-036=-101+65==-35-1===-36
-035=-101+66==-34-1===-35
-034=-101+67==-33-1===-34
-033=-101+68==-32-1===-33
-032=-101+69==-31-1===-32
-031=-101+70==-30-1===-31
-030=-101+71==-29-1===-30
-029=-101+72==-28-1===-29
-028=-101+73==-27-1===-28
-027=-101+74==-26-1===-27
-026=-101+75==-25-1===-26
-025=-101+76==-24-1===-25
-024=-101+77==-23-1===-24
-023=-101+78==-22-1===-23
-022=-101+79==-21-1===-22
-021=-101+80==-20-1===-21
-020=-101+81==-19-1===-20
-019=-101+82==-18-1===-19
-018=-101+83==-17-1===-18
-017=-101+84==-16-1===-17
-016=-101+85==-15-1===-16
-015=-101+86==-14-1===-15
-014=-101+87==-13-1===-14
-013=-101+88==-12-1===-13
-012=-101+89==-11-1===-12
-011=-101+90==-10-1===-11
-010=-101+91==-09-1===-10
-009=-101+92==-08-1=== -9
-008=-101+93==-07-1=== -8
-007=-101+94==-06-1===-7
-006=-101+95==-05-1===-6
-005=-101+96==-04-1===-5
-004=-101+97==-03-1===-4
-003=-101+98==-02-1===-3
-002=-101+99==-01-1===-2
-001=-101+100==-0-1===-1
 000=-101+102==01-1===0
 001=-101+103==02-1===1
 002=-101+104==03-1===2
x = x - (x+1) + x + 2
x - 1 = x - (x+1) + x
(C) 2009. MeAmI.org. All Rights Reserved in Perpetuity and apply to
this publication, code, and derivatives including all intellectual
property including software and all other applications.  Commercial
use of this code is strictly prohibited. Support a cure for childhood
cancers: visit http://AlexsLemonade.org and support http://MeAmI.org
'Search for the People!'
0
marty.musatov (1143)
10/10/2009 10:15:48 AM
comp.lang.lisp 16861 articles. 5 followers. Post Follow

Learn what the equals sign means, you fucking imbecile.

"Geordie La Forge @ http://MeAmI.org" <marty.musatov@gmail.com> wrote in
message news:e8962d91-

"me a google-posting twat.   me a poop head"

Martin Musatov wrote:
Marti Frottage wrote:> Learn what the equals sign means, you fucking
imbecile.> > "Geordie La Forge @ http://MeAmI.org"
<marty.musatov@gmail.com> wrote in > message news:e8962d91-> > "me a
google-posting twat.   me a poop head "

DO NOT SWEAR AT ME; OR DO AND YOU ARE A FOOL I STEP ON A FOOTSTOOL.
0
marty.musatov (1143)

To LISP or not to LISP?
I know there have always been tons of posts on game AI boards asking about LISP, what it is, and if it's used in commercial games. Given that LISP is used in few commercial games, is it worth becoming fluent in anyway? I am considering persuing it for two reasons: A.) It is used in academic papers. Being fluent in LISP allows a person to stay on top of the latest developments in AI. B.) It can be embedded into game engines. I heard that Halo uses an embedded LISP-like language for AI. Could embedded LISP-style languages benificial in the long run? I've been reading ...

Which lisp for a (lisp) novice?
I'd like to learn lisp but I'm confused with the many variants I'm finding. What would you recommend for an experienced programmer in other languages (mainly C and perl), wanting to learn lisp? Should be a well documented lisp and working in Mac OS and main UNIXes (Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, ...) I've found and enjoyed the "Practical Common Lisp" book, mainly because it starts with realistic examples, not the car/cdr/lists I had found in the past that lead me to the wrong conclusion that lisp was "only" good at processing abstract lists and could do nothin...

why Common Lisp is not a lisp
How about, when trying to decide "what is lisp" or to apply "lispp" to some _thing_, we just go very low level and somewhat retro and mostly informal? As a straw-man: a lisp is any language implementation which includes a run time system with some recognizably lispish types (cons pairs, numbers, symbols) having their familiar properties (latent typing, gc-based memory management), and implemented in a recognizably traditional way (or a brilliant new way, worthy of being added to the design space). In the language implemented, programs are expressed in s-exp syntax and th...

I wish there was a livejournal in lisp. A meetup.com a lisp craigslist. A lisp drudgereport. A lisp forum like this. so I had more things to point at and say hey that is lisp powered.. may
I wish there was a livejournal in lisp. A meetup.com a lisp craigslist. A lisp drudgereport. A lisp forum like this. so I had more things to point at and say hey that is lisp powered.. maybe a lisp cpan with vote up your favorite project in various categories. ...

lisp web servers, lisp as a shell, lisp using rdbms or not
1 I saw the webserver huchentoot seems to want to sit behind apache? araneida seesm to also? Why do they depend on apache? 2 I saw lisp on lines is kinda alpha 3 uncomon web seems cool but also wants to sit behind apache 4 common lisp as a shell is really doible? anyone do this? 5 for large apps is using a rdbms unavoidable? 6 does lisp support or mapping or persisten db conneciton pooling and cacheing? gavino wrote: > 1 I saw the webserver huchentoot seems to want to sit behind apache? > araneida seesm to also? Why do they depend on apache? I can't comment on those particula...

Were are all these great lisp apps if its such great lang?
dns webserver appserver word processors games dhcp servers operatingsystems I mean its compiled these days eh? "gavino" <bootiack@yahoo.com> writes: > dns > webserver > appserver > word processors > games > dhcp servers > operatingsystems > > I mean its compiled these days eh? You must be a troll robot written in a crappy language. Tell your implementor to try lisp! -- (espen) ...

A Lange & Sohne Lange Double Split
A Lange & Sohne Lange Double Split - A Lange & Sohne Watches Discount A Lange & Sohne Lange Double Split: http://www.fashion163.com/A_Lange_Sohne_Lange_Double_Split.html Luxury Watches Lower Prices: http://www.fashion163.com/ Quality A Lange & Sohne Watches http://www.fashion163.com/a_lange_sohne.html We guarantee our A Lange & Sohne Lange Double Split and A Lange & Sohne Lange Double Split aren't just a simple imitation. We use the same fine materials and technology that the original does. Each A Lange & Sohne Lange Double Split produced is examined careful...

Lisp Metadata Importer in Lisp?
Hi, Does a similar software to John Wiseman's "Lisp Metadata Importer" (http://lemonodor.com/archives/001232.html), written in Lisp, exists? The functionality i'm looking for is: extract from Lisp source code an indexed list of symbols and definitions with individual properties. I am currently in the process of writing one, but i have some problems with (read) and packages and other syntactic sugars (macro- characters). Adrian D. ...

Why xml:lang instead of lang?
What was the reason to introduce a new attribute "xml:lang" instead of "lang"? This bothers both authors and browsers in different language versions: HTML 4, XHTML 1.0, XHTML 1.1. HTML has only "lang"; XHTML 1.1 has only "xml:lang"; XHTML 1.0 has both! For example, Mozilla 1.7 recognizes the lang attribute http://www.unics.uni-hannover.de/nhtcapri/temp/lang-attribute.htm but it does not recognize the xml:lang attribute. http://www.unics.uni-hannover.de/nhtcapri/temp/lang-attribute.xhtml What do we gain from "xml:lang"? Andreas Prilop wrot...

Why Common Lisp is not a Lisp, continued
[I am picking up this thread again that came to a rest some time ago. I am doing this because it took me relatively long to dig out an article referenced in the posting below.] [I know that such topics are likely to ignite heated discussions between Common Lispniks and Schemers, and some find them practically irrelevant. But, heck, I am interested in these things, and I don't know where else to discuss them. ;) ] > From: Rainer Joswig <joswig@lispmachine.de> > Subject: Re: why Common Lisp is not a lisp > Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 20:01:48 +0200 > Message-ID: <joswi...

#lisp macros and lisp fanatics
lisp macros and lisp fanatics. [original g+ post https://plus.google.com/b/116187821854023674058/116187821= 854023674058/posts/NewjjhGz4js ] as you may know, i think lisp macro is one of the most idiotic thing in computer science. (and cons, and lisp's IRREGULAR nested syntax) i've wrote perhaps 10 articles on this, and been arguing with lispers for about 10 years. still, once in a while, out of the blue (or, as Naggum says: crawling out of the woodwork), i got some comment or email, criticizing my criticism on lisp. the degree of quality, and what i can guess of the person's ...

A tiny Lisp written in Lisp
Hi ! It exists a page that defines a tiny Lisp in Lisp very tersely. I'm pretty sure to have seen it on the list about one year ago. However I'm not able to find it again. I wonder if Pascal Bourguignon exhibited this program, not absolutely sure to remember. Please have you got any idea about this small program ? Thanks. Fabrice Fab <fabricemarchant@free.fr> writes: > Hi ! > > It exists a page that defines a tiny Lisp in Lisp very tersely. > > I'm pretty sure to have seen it on the list about one year ago. > > However I'm not...

Lisp vs. Common Lisp
I'm deeply interested in Lisp. I'm learning it through Peter Seibel's PCL. One comment I find a lot when people talk about Lisp is that Lisp is wonderful, but CL has a lot of problems (problems I cannot understand due to my newbieness). Now, I don't want to learn the wrong Lisp. What do people mean by Lisp in this context? Is it Lisp 1, Lisp 1.5, the particular dialect they used and fall in love with? If this unidentified Lisp is so great, why don't they use it and avoid all the pitfalls of CL? On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 09:36:50 -0700, Simon wrote: > I'm...

On Lisp: the 6 keystones of Lisp
Trying to get a handle on CLOS, I grabbed my Kinkos copy of "On Lisp" and jumped far ahead to the CLOS chapter. In section 25.1, there is a footnote (which in the .pdf version is for page 349) which reads: "Efforts to sum up Lisp in a single phrase are probably doomed to failure, because the power of Lisp arises from the combination of at least five or six features." OK, I can think of 1 extensibility 2 garbage collection 3 functions as a type 4 ... oh-oh out of newbie guesses -- Everyman has three hearts; one to show the world, one to show friends, and one onl...

lang comparison: in-place algorithm for reversing a list in Perl, Python, Lisp
fun example. in-place algorithm for reversing a list in Perl, Python, Lisp http://xahlee.org/comp/in-place_algorithm.html plain text follows ---------------------------------------- What's =93In-place Algorithm=94? Xah Lee, 2012-02-29 This page tells you what's =93In-place algorithm=94, using {python, perl, emacs lisp} code to illustrate. Here's Wikipedia In-place algorithm excerpt: In computer science, an in-place algorithm (or in Latin in situ) is an algorithm which transforms input using a data structure with a small, constant amount of extra storage space. The input is u...

Web resources about - x - 1 = x - (x+1) + x - comp.lang.lisp

Moto X+1 Leaked TK Tech News Exlusive - YouTube
So here you go guys and gals, You wanted to know what the next moto X+1 was going to look like, And there you have it, In this video thanks to ...

Rocket Fuel Buys X+1 For $230 Million
Automated ad-buying platform Rocket Fuel has acquired X+1, an ad-tech firm offering data-management capabilities and an ad-buying tool of its ...

Moto X+1 render image leaked by @evleaks
We know all kinds of Moto X+1 images, rumored specs and details, but today's leak is a bit more special. It's @evleaks' retirement gift to us. ...

'Moto X+1' back panel options rumored, including wood and leather
... for Motorola, and if the latest rumor from Twitter leaker @evleaks is to be believed, the apparent successor to that phone, dubbed "Moto X+1" ...

Possible pre-production Moto X+1 photos leaked
We’ve been waiting a while now for the device that Motorola has called the Moto X+1, possibly the new flagship phone of the Lenovo-owned company ...

Blurry Press Render Shows Off What Could be the Moto X+1 Running Stock Android
It's been almost a year since the Moto X was originally launched, and it seems like Motorola is getting ready to announce their next version ...

Moto X+1 Archives - Android Origin
Motorola’s event on September 4th is expected to be the event to announce a plethora of new devices, including the Moto X+1, Moto G, and the ...

Photos of the Moto X+1 leak, show wooden back
Android Police Android Police has gotten a hold of leaked photos of an upcoming Motorola follow-up to the Moto X , the oddly named Moto X+1. ...

Here’s our best look yet at the flagship Moto X+1 in action
There hasn't exactly been a shortage of Moto X+1 leaks since the name was revealed earlier this year, but now we've finally been given a chance ...

Motorola Moto X+1 Slated for September Release, Improved From Moto X
... is good for the market and Motorola for one, is contributing to that diversity with the successor to its well-received Moto X, the Moto X+1 ...