can i directly use kb_sql in mumps programming or it needs any tool for it

hello members
can i use kb_sql directly in mumps programming?
i need link of mumps compiler.

thanks
bhupendra
comp.lang.mumps 1545 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

On Jul 25, 3:44=A0am, bhupendra <bhupi.j...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hello members
> can i use kb_sql directly in mumps programming?
> i need link of mumps compiler.
>
> thanks
> bhupendra

[KSB] You need to license KB_SQL from Knowledge Based Systems (http://
knowledgebasedsys.com) and you need a MUMPS implementation such as
GT.M (http://fis-gtm.com).  Since KB_SQL is just another MUMPS
application, yes, you can call KB_SQL routines from MUMPS.

Cheers
-- Bhaskar
ks dot bhaskar at fnis dot com <-- send e-mail here
0
ksbhaskar (327)
7/25/2009 11:11:54 AM
On 25 July, 12:11, "K.S.  Bhaskar" <ksbhas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 25, 3:44=A0am, bhupendra <bhupi.j...@gmail.com> wrote:
Wouldn't it be nice if KB_SQL was available as a free open source
product! :-)

Rob

> > hello members
> > can i use kb_sql directly in mumps programming?
> > i need link of mumps compiler.
>
> > thanks
> > bhupendra
>
> [KSB] You need to license KB_SQL from Knowledge Based Systems (http://
> knowledgebasedsys.com) and you need a MUMPS implementation such as
> GT.M (http://fis-gtm.com). =A0Since KB_SQL is just another MUMPS
> application, yes, you can call KB_SQL routines from MUMPS.
>
> Cheers
> -- Bhaskar
> ks dot bhaskar at fnis dot com <-- send e-mail here

0
rob.tweed (100)
7/25/2009 3:04:31 PM
On Jul 25, 11:04=A0am, rtweed <rob.tw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 25 July, 12:11, "K.S. =A0Bhaskar" <ksbhas...@gmail.com> wrote:> On Jul=
 25, 3:44=A0am, bhupendra <bhupi.j...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Wouldn't it be nice if KB_SQL was available as a free open source
> product! :-)
>
> Rob
>

> > > hello members
> > > can i use kb_sql directly in mumps programming?
> > > i need link of mumps compiler.
>
> > > thanks
> > > bhupendra
>
> > [KSB] You need to license KB_SQL from Knowledge Based Systems (http://
> > knowledgebasedsys.com) and you need a MUMPS implementation such as
> > GT.M (http://fis-gtm.com). =A0Since KB_SQL is just another MUMPS
> > application, yes, you can call KB_SQL routines from MUMPS.
>
> > Cheers
> > -- Bhaskar
> > ks dot bhaskar at fnis dot com <-- send e-mail here

[KSB2] For SQL access to GT.M databases, there's also PIP - http://fis-pip.=
com

The original question pertained to KB_SQL, so that's what I answered.

Cheers
-- Bhaskar
ks dot bhaskar at fnis dot com <-- send e-mail here
0
ksbhaskar (327)
7/25/2009 7:50:56 PM
<snip>
> [KSB2] For SQL access to GT.M databases, there's also PIP -http://fis-pip.com
>
> The original question pertained to KB_SQL, so that's what I answered.
>
> Cheers
> -- Bhaskar
> ks dot bhaskar at fnis dot com <-- send e-mail here

Any news on the next iteration of PIP?
0
subasic (26)
7/26/2009 9:14:40 PM
On Jul 26, 5:14=A0pm, rms <suba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > [KSB2] For SQL access to GT.M databases, there's also PIP -http://fis-p=
ip.com

> > The original question pertained to KB_SQL, so that's what I answered.
>
> > Cheers
> > -- Bhaskar
> > ks dot bhaskar at fnis dot com <-- send e-mail here
>
> Any news on the next iteration of PIP?

[KSB3] Hope to release this summer.  It has been on my personal plate
to clean up the packaging for a couple of months (I have the software,
but it has directory dependencies wired into it), but GT.M V5.3-004
came first.

Regards
-- Bhaskar
ks dot bhaskar at fnis dot com <-- send e-mail here

GT.M - Rock Solid. Lightning fast!
0
ksbhaskar (327)

Vim tools for use with Mumps...
I better post this now; otherwise, I will just keep postponing this. We are releasing a bunch of vim tools for Mumps. It's licensed under AGPL. I am not the author--Jim and David did all the work. Jim's have been around for some time now (syntax highlighting), David added ctags functionality and Global Dumps from vim. Yes there are bugs; but if you spend a lot of time in vim, you will fix those eventually, and hopefully send back the changes. Download from this thread on the hardhats group: http://groups.google.com/group/hardhats/browse_thread/thread/907a5178e7876022?hl=en the vim/d...

Mumps Compiler 8.00
Mumps Compiler 8.00 - Hybrid C++/Mumps Programming The initial build of Version 8 of the Mumps Compiler is now available via: http://math-cs.cns.uni.edu/~okane/cgi-bin/newpres/m.compiler/compiler/index.cgi With version 8, the Mumps Compiler produces C++ translations of Mumps source programs and these translations, in conjunction the the MDH (Multi-Dimensional and Hierarchical) Library (also distributed with the Mumps Compiler) may be integrated into C++ applications. This permits: - C++ programs and class libraries to directly access Mumps global arrays and to manipulate and navigate t...

Vim tools for use with Mumps... #2
I updated the vim toolset for Mumps when editing routines for GT.M. The most important improvement is that gf now works across the board: whether your routines are in the current path or not, and whether your routines contain a % sign. Find it here: https://github.com/shabiel/vim-mumps-tools Sam David Wicksell has asked me to remove all his stuff from this repo. I have done so. He will have it hosted here instead: https://bitbucket.org/dlw/m-tools Sam On Nov 5, 1:05=A0pm, Sam Habiel <sam.hab...@gmail.com> wrote: > I updated the vim toolset for Mumps when editing routines for GT...

Can write and run MUMPS programs on my PC?
Hello, I am not on a network... I just have a personal PC. I know MUMPS inside and out, but no other programming languages. I have the Cache cube installed on my PC for remote work that I did for a client. It worked great for that. My question is... Can I write programs for personal data manipulation in MUMPS on my PC? That is. Can I read in a .CSV file that I have with my personal bank information and write a MUMPS program to output a custom report just for my personal use on my PC? What do I need to accomplish this? Thanks for any help. -L On Jul 5, 8:39=A0am, lucky <luckyla...@gmail.com...

Full-time MUMPS Programming Team Needed
My name is Amy Doughten. I'm with Atlas Intelligence. Our client has an urgent need for several full-time MUMPS/Cache programmers. If you are interested or know someone looking for a full-time position, please email me directly at adoughten@atlasintel.com. THANK YOU!!! The job description is below: Bachelor's degree in Math, Computer Science, or equivalent experience. Proficient in UNIX, MUMPS and C preferred. 2+ years experience developing application interfaces using HL7 protocols. Experience with communication protocols such as TCP/IP, RS232 and various modem protocols preferred...

not every MUMPS means MUMPS
If you think, MUMPS is MUMPS, then check out this links... ;-)) http://mumps.enseeiht.fr/index.php http://mumps.enseeiht.fr/ud_2013.php Regards and have a nice day Julius -- (my real mail address ends with a .net tld) ...

Why use mumps
Hello People always seem to wonder why bother with mumps and why not just use Oracle, Mysql, Postgresql etc. Well some things just are not very SQL friendly and are more suited to the hierarchical nature of the mumps database. The following is an example of a data structure that would be well suited to the mumps database and is not related to the medical field at all. see: http://www.artwork.com/odb++/odb++_overview.htm scroll down to "The ODB++ File Structure" Dave You're right Dave Otherwise , Why use SQL (support only relational model!) ??? Josef ...

( MUMPS ) Can't format larg Number to String and use it as a key
Dear all, I am trying to convert larg number to string inside MUMPS but I can't. Let me explain what I would like to do : s A=3D"TEST_STRING#12168013110012340000000001" s B=3D$P(A,"#",2) s TAB(B)=3D1 s TAB(B)=3D1 I would like create an array TAB where variable B will be a primary key for= array TAB. When I do ZWR I will get A=3D"TEST_STRING#12168013110012340000000001" B=3D"12168013110012340000000001" TAB(12168013110012340000000000)=3D1 TAB("12168013110012340000000001")=3D1 as you can see first SET recognize vari...

In AIX5.1, which tools can used to watch the running program's heap
In AIX5.1, which tools can instead of procmap in AIX5.2? Because I want to know the running program's heap size in AIX5.1. ...

Hi. I need an example on generating a PDF file using pdf4tcl. Text direction can be Right to Left.
Hi. I need an example on generating a PDF file using pdf4tcl. Text directio= n can be Right to Left. I live in Lebanon which is an Arab country. Account= ing Reports can , of course, be in Arabic. So, kindly please, show me an ex= ample. I tried the example from the pdf4tcl manual. I am getting question marks, a= nd I know the reason is because of the encoding . I also did set the encodi= ng to utf-8 (unicode encoding). and the question marks still appear instead= of the Arabic characters which also must be joined and well rendered. You may test Arabic by copying the following str...

MUMPS In the News
www.tinyurl.com/moremumps C-B On Wednesday, April 2, 2014 12:47:11 PM UTC-4, Charlie-Boo wrote: > www.tinyurl.com/moremumps > > > > C-B Hmmm... Not the news I expected. :-) Kevin ...

Can Java program evoke and run a FORTRAN program directly?
Hi, I have a Java program. In order to use an existing FORTRAN program for doing some computation, I hope I can evoke and run the FORTRAN program from my Java program. Somebody has told me that Java has to call a C program, which calls the FORTRAN program. I am wondering if there is some better ways to do it. Thank you very much. Shawn wrote: > Hi, > > I have a Java program. In order to use an existing FORTRAN program for > doing some computation, I hope I can evoke and run the FORTRAN program > from my Java program. > > Somebody has told me that Java has to ca...

Can Java program evoke and run a FORTRAN program directly?
Hi, I have a Java program. In order to use an existing FORTRAN program for doing some computation, I hope I can evoke and run the FORTRAN program from my Java program. Somebody has told me that Java has to call a C program, which calls the FORTRAN program. I am wondering if there is some better ways to do it. Thank you very much. "Shawn" <shaw@nospam.com> wrote in message news:el6vbd$q9a$1@news.nems.noaa.gov... > Hi, > > I have a Java program. In order to use an existing FORTRAN program for > doing some computation, I hope I can evoke and run the FORTRAN p...

Can i use malloc function while using DLL created from C program
Hi, I have written a simple program in C , which uses malloc function for allocating memory for the array.When iam calling that DLL using call library function node in labview, it is not giving any output, my doubt is can we use malloc function in C program from which we will create DLL and is called in labview? I am attaching my C code and DLL and also labview file please tell me where i am doing wrong?Thanks &amp; Regards,Vishnu first.zip: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/313030/1/first.zip Hi Vishnu, There's no problem using the Malloc function in C and call it as a DLL in...

Web resources about - can i directly use kb_sql in mumps programming or it needs any tool for it - comp.lang.mumps

Mercury (programming language) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
11.07.2 (August 3, 2012 ; 2 months ago ( 2012-08-03 ) ) Mercury is a functional logic programming language geared towards real-world applications. ...

Programming Note/Self Aggrandizement — Vulcan/Planet Nine Edition
Hey, all: if you’ve got a moment this afternoon, I’ll be talking with Ira Flatow on Science Friday about The Hunt for Vulcan in the context of ...

The sheer volume and quality of Netflix’s original programming is unprecedented
... on its laurels, Netflix CEO Reed Hastings said in an earnings press release that Netflix plans to launch at least 600 hours of original programming ...

Pay what you want to learn programming for web, Apple Watch, iOS 9 and more
The world of programming is wide and wild, bristling with enough different languages, platforms and workflows to leave anyone dizzy. These 10 ...

UP Taps Hector Campos As VP Programming
Former CMT exec Hector Campos has joined UP network as vice president, programming. In his new role, he’ll be responsible for long and short-term ...

Mob Programming
I came across the idea of mob programming on an Elixir podcast, Elixir Fountain . Its pair programming on steroids, where you sit together and ...

Donald Trump gets his own blustery programming language
Have you ever wondered what code would look like if it were dictated by a presidential candidate's grandiose statements rather than such radical ...

Verizon's CFO: Custom TV will 'refresh' to comply with programming contracts
Verizon CFO Fran Shammo said his company will make changes to its FiOS Custom TV product, which granularly controls which programming networks ...

New Donald Trump programming language seeks to make programming great again
A team of software engineers at Rice University has introduced a new programming language called TrumpScript. Based on Python, the new language ...

There's a Donald Trump Programming Language
If programming isn’t political enough for you, maybe you need to try a new language. How about TrumpScript, which lets you create code that the ...