Need the MS-DOS version

Hi everybody

I can't find the MS-DOS version of MUMPS source.

Who know the MS-DOS version of MUMPS program ?

--

Best Regards

- Jae Yong, Lee
             HanSeo University
 Dept. of Internet Engineering
360 Daegok-Ri, Haemi-Myon, Seosan City, Chungnam
    Associate Professor   Lee Jae Yong  Ph.D.
       Tel       : 041) 660-1363
       FAX       : 041) 660-1119
       E-mail    : jylee@hanseo.ac.kr
       Messenger : dovejlee@hotmail.com

jylee (1)
6/7/2004 4:10:56 AM
comp.lang.mumps 1621 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow

Lee wrote:
> I can't find the MS-DOS version of MUMPS source.
Do you mean "source code" or "supplier"?

> Who knows the MS-DOS version of MUMPS program?
There were many.
MS-DOS was probably the most widely supported OS to date.

Re: old ms-dos versions
> "Wildman" <wildman@caveland.net> wrote in message > news:1110919412.b6ecc5ecd7db095f95af4a4b5bda3240@bubbanews... >> On 15 Mar 2005 10:56:17 -0800, lairdnet@gmail.com wrote: > >> BTW there were no official retail releases prior to version >> 5.0, although the 4.x versions and many 3.3x versions >> were not modified in any way. >> >> <Wildman> > Not exactly. :-) The first US retail release was Microsoft MS-DOS version 3.21 (not to be confused with any IBM or other 3.21 versions.) and as you said, every...

MS/DOS version of "][ in a Mac"
Hi, y'all! I've just learned that there was an MS/DOS version of the "][ in a Mac" Apple IIe emulator for the Mac O/S. Anyone know where I can find a copy of "2inaPC"? Willi A2Pro wrote: > I've just learned that there was an MS/DOS version of the "][ in a > Mac" Apple IIe emulator for the Mac O/S. Anyone know where I can find > a copy of "2inaPC"? I found a tiny little bit of info about 2inaPC here: http://www.stason.org/TULARC/pc/apple2/emulator/2-9-12-in-a-PC.html It was a commercially available prod...

Is there any version of basic that runs under MS-DOS, and allows access to extended memory?
Hello all, as the subject says, is there any version of basic that runs under X86/MS-DOS, and allows access to extended memory? I'm a hardware technician that needs to be able to write hand loops to peek/poke memory space for debugging CPUs and peripherals to the component level. Writing hand loops allows me to set triggers for my O-scope. I suck at programming in all other languages, and truth be told, I'm not all that good even in basic; but I know just enough to get the job done. A basic interpreter that could do this for me would make my job a whole lot easier... Thanks f...

MS on attacking the counterfeiting of MS-DOS ..
From: Jeff Alder Date: September 4, 1991 ... In order to attack the counterfeiting of MS-DOS and increase the penetration in the naked PC market. THIN-DOS will be introduced in early November .. ... BENEFITS A competitive defense against DR_DOS provided by 2-3 year license agreements A substantial decrease in the profit incentive and oppurtunities for counterfeiters ------- comes v microsoft http://iowa.gotthefacts.org/011607/9000/PX09834.pdf Doug Mentohl wrote: > From: Jeff Alder > Date: September 4, 1991 > > .. > > In order to attack the counterfeiting of MS-D...

DOS program needs a DOS path to desktop
I am wrtting a DOS program that will place a text file on my desktop. The path to my desktop is C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.YOUR-E4DEF3FEB4\Desktop How can I abbreviate this for DOS usage ? Is there a way to specify a general path to anyones desktop ???? Len <usd@suscom-maine.net> wrote in message news:1158286338.140964.289140@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > I am wrtting a DOS program that > will place a text file on my desktop. > The path to my desktop is > > C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.YOUR-E4DEF3FEB4\Des...

Dual boot MS-DOS/Free DOS?
Hi--I'm experimenting with an old PC that has MSDOS 6.2 on C: and FreeDOS on D:. I'm looking for a way to toggle the command interpreter on demand. I'm reasonably sure I want the command interpreter to be "permanent" because my understanding is that if it's only "temporary" then it can be overwritten in memory. My instinct is to just type "C:\command.com /P" or "D:\command.com /P", but the help says that the "/P" switch is only for use in config.sys. So is there a way to force a "reload" of C:\config.sys or ...

Need Urgent help:Version 8 to Version 9
Hi all, I was wondering if someone can help me with this issue.I created the transport files of some datasets which were created in version 8.0 in SAS.I wanted to copy them to Version 9.And some how it is not working.I used CPORT and CIMPORT .SAS 9 is not able to open them. Can someone help..... Mona __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com Try this it might work. libname xpt xport 'yourtransfile.xpt'; proc copy in=xpt out=work ; run; Cheers -ag On 10/7/06, monal ...

Ms-Dos
How do you run batch files in Full screen? I tried making a shortcut to it and setting the screen properties to Fullscreen, but when i run it off the command line, it still appears windowed or create an autorun.inf file to run it, although it is full screen if you click on it directly. ...

Re: Need Urgent help:Version 8 to Version 9
Dear SAS-L-ers, Monal Kohli posted the following: > I was wondering if someone can help me with this > issue.I created the transport files of some datasets > which were created in version 8.0 in SAS.I wanted to > copy them to Version 9.And some how it is not > working.I used CPORT and CIMPORT .SAS 9 is not able to > open them. > > Can someone help..... > Monal, somebody probably will, but it won't be me. I'm about to leave SAS Mecca for home for the weekend, and will not see your reply to this posting until Monday morning. But, others undoubtedly will....

Anyone remember US-DOS for Apple II (MS-DOS clone)?
Back in the early 1990-ies a student from Bulgaria created MS-DOS alike Operating System for Pravetz 82/8A/8C/8M (Apple II clones), called US-DOS (Universal Software DOS) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0cP0tfKuLI It was so close to MS-DOS that the editors of the local computer magazine reviewed it and gave it very positive review. I think I still have the article somewhere at home. I managed to obtain version 1.11. I don't know if newer version was released, but this version already had virtual drive support, script files support, built-in timer, possibility for 40 and 80-c...

iTunes states that my version needs updating but when I check for updates it says that I am on the current version
I recently bought an iPod and all is well apart from a message that I only get on some occasions when synchronising with iTunes. It states that some tracks were not synchronised because I am not on the current version and need to upgrade. However, when I click on the 'Check for iTunes updates' in the Help menu it says 'This version of iTunes (6.0.1) is the current version'. I have checked on www.apple.com/itunes and there seems to only be a full download which is for an updated version 6.0.2. Do I have to manually install this whole new download and will I have to do this every...

Re: Need Urgent help:Version 8 to Version 9 #4 674797
Dear SAS-L-ers, Mona posted the following in reply to my suggestion to provide more information about the problem at hand: > > Thanks Michael ,I was able to fix it. > > Mona, you are quite welcome! I am _VERY_ glad that you fixed your problem. However, it would be helpful to fellow SAS-L-ers if you posted what the problem actually turned out to be and how you fixed it. It could very well turn out that some hapless person in SAS-L-landia hits the very same issue in the next week or so. Then, that person would think "Oh, yea, I remember this problem from the 'L, and M...

Re: Need Urgent help:Version 8 to Version 9 #4 1557057
Try this it might work. libname xpt xport 'yourtransfile.xpt'; proc copy in=xpt out=work ; run; Cheers -ag On 10/7/06, monal kohli <k_monal_99@yahoo.com> wrote: > > Hi all, > I was wondering if someone can help me with this > issue.I created the transport files of some datasets > which were created in version 8.0 in SAS.I wanted to > copy them to Version 9.And some how it is not > working.I used CPORT and CIMPORT .SAS 9 is not able to > open them. > > Can someone help..... > > > Mona > > __________________________________________________ > Do You Yahoo!? > Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around > http://mail.yahoo.com > ...

General advice needed regarding MS Access, MS SQL Server, MySQL/PostgreSQL
I am working on two versions of an application, one of which will be a windows forms application (which will need to be redistributable) and the other will be a web application. I have MS Visual Studio 2005 (along with the developer's edition of MS SQL Server), but not MS Access. I also have MySQL, PostgreSQL, Sun's application server, Tomcat and Apache web server. I am working on Windows XP Pro, and have installed the .NET 3 SDK and all relevant related products I could find (e.g. 2 extensions packages for Visual Studio). I have one MS Access database, to which my users should have read only access. I have, and have used, a tool for importing MS Access databases into MySQL. I expect that SQL Server has a similar utility hidden somewhere (where I haven't yet looked, though I HAVE been looking - obviously in the wrong places). I have located a similar utility for importing MS Access databases into PostgreSQL. I have not yet decided which servers to use for the web version, but that is another story, for which I may raise another thread in due course (but I welcome suggestions which may reduce the effort required given required effort for the windows forms app). My problem is for the windows form aplication (intended for use by a single family). I expect to use ADO.NET. The question is, should I import the Access database into MS SQL, and redistribute it, along with MS SQL Server Express (or is that necessary), or distribute it just as an Access database a...

MS SQL Express Advanced vs MS SQL full version vs MySQL
I'm planning to transport a desktop application to the web. A spin-off of this application has already been put on the web by another programmer. He used ColdFusion with MS SQL, Access, VC, and Java. It is faster than the desktop application (written in VFP). 1. Can I get the same results using MS SQL Express Advanced and Access for the internet version if used with .net? 2. Are the select statements limited in power, accuracy, size, etc. for MS SQL Express Advanced when compared to SQL? 3. If Access will perform poorly, can VFP be used instead with .net? I already know it can't be used with ColdFusion. 4. If MS Express Advanced will not sufficiently replace SQL, will MySQL do the job better? Thanks On Jul 22, 5:31 pm, <wipeou...@hotmail.com> wrote: > I'm planning to transport a desktop application to the web. A spin-off of > this application has already been put on the web by another programmer. He > used ColdFusion with MS SQL, Access, VC, and Java. It is faster than the > desktop application (written in VFP). > 1. Can I get the same results using MS SQL Express Advanced and Access for > the internet version if used with .net? > 2. Are the select statements limited in power, accuracy, size, etc. for MS > SQL Express Advanced when compared to SQL? > 3. If Access will perform poorly, can VFP be used instead with .net? I > already know it can't be used with ColdFusion. 4. If MS Express Advanced > will not suffic...

MS DOS is a virus ! ! ! !! ! ! ! ! !
It's the biggest virus ever ! Karl-Hugo Weesberg wrote: > > It's the biggest virus ever ! Sorry... Windows qualifies as a bigger virus than MS-DOS ever thought of being. -- Me Guess who? <nobody@spamcop.net> schreef in berichtnieuws 417BC93F.78B17C78@spamcop.net... > Karl-Hugo Weesberg wrote: > > > > It's the biggest virus ever ! > > Sorry... Windows qualifies as a bigger virus than MS-DOS ever thought > of being. If you want to be pedantic about it, neither is a virus. But they could qualify as trojan-horses :-) ...

Mumps free version
Is there any good free version of MUMPS with CACHE? It does not matter if it runs on Windows or Linux. The problem is that I have a old HP server, with no support from HP and it is going down. I tried to buy a version from Intersystems and it is very expensive, and I dont have money enought to buy it. Can anybody help me? Best Regards, In article <1161023437.523568.13410@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com>, Daniel <danielTI@gmail.com> wrote: >Is there any good free version of MUMPS with CACHE? >It does not matter if it runs on Windows or Linux. The problem is that >I have a old HP server, with no support from HP and it is going down. I >tried to buy a version from Intersystems and it is very expensive, and >I dont have money enought to buy it. http://www.intersystems.com/cache/downloads/index.html -- -- Rod -- rodd(at)polylogics(dot)com GT.M is not Cache, but it is MUMPS and it is free / open source software on x86 GNU/Linux - http://www.sanchez-gtm.com & http://sourceforge.net/projects/sanchez-gtm The GT.M Acculturation live CD is a good way to get started with GT.M. Regards -- Bhaskar ks dot bhaskar at fnf dot com <-- send e-mail here On Oct 16, 2:30 pm, "Daniel" <danie...@gmail.com> wrote: > Is there any good free version of MUMPS with CACHE? > It does not matter if it runs on Windows or Linux. The problem is that > I have a old HP server, with no support from HP and it is going down. I > tried to buy ...

Need a MUMPS Programmer
I have a position in Alexandria for a MUMPS programmer for the VA. You can work remote but would need to come here for a week every month. Let me know if you would be interested. Let me know a hourly rate and call me if you have any questions. Regards, Arvind akmathur@aetea.com Client needs a contract MUMPS programmer to help them with some interfaces from legacy system to new application. Work will be onsite and split between Alexandria and Salem, Va until deployment and then work can be remote. Experience with the VA is a big plus. ...

Mumps programmers needed
Palladian Consulting is seeking Mumps Programmers for contract assignment in Schenectady, NY. Experience programming in an environment which uses Creative Sociomedics (CSM) MUMPS software is a plus.Federal HIPAA guidelines knowledge and experience also a plus. We offer competitive rates, please call: Robin Marsh Palladian Consulting, Inc. 800-750-1777 employment@palladianconsulting.com -- Robin Marsh Posted via http://dbforums.com ...

Mumps need in Baltimore
Palladian Consulting, a leader in IT services would like to alert you and your colleagues to a 6 month + contract opportunity for a Mumps / Cache Database Systems Programmer In Baltimore, MD. Onsite need only. Job Accountabilities: Duties: Design, install, configure and support complex InterSystems Cache Database systems on HP Alpha/Integrity VMS, HP P Series AIX, Windows, and other platforms for the corporate Information Systems. Design, manage and support the system and applications software environment across a range of standalone and clustered systems. Install and configure Cache, layered products and applications software as required. Support and Design guidance for complete system and application creation and maintenance. Problem Management: Must be able to resolve complex system and network problems within tight timeframes. Special Requirements: 24/365 on-call . Weekend and after hour implementation and maintenance support. 5% travel between corporate locations. Minimum Job Requirements: Deep knowledge of high availability Cache systems design, installation, configuration, management, ECP networking and multi-tier architecture. Knowledge of M based (DSM and Cach=E9) laboratory and financial information systems, dataflow, setup and management. 7+ years experience. Cache version 4,5, and 2007 and related software products. Clusters in a high availability, production critical environment Comprehensive problem analysis involving multiple disciplin...

an ms-dos reference
Does someone have a link for a contemporary reference for ms-dos? I poked around the net and couldn't really find anything. Thx -- Uno On 14-5-2010 22:06, Uno wrote: > Does someone have a link for a contemporary reference for ms-dos? I > poked around the net and couldn't really find anything. > > Thx Do you really want an ms-dos reference, or do you mean a reference for the command console in Windows? If the latter, you could go straight to the source: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb490890.aspx Another possible site to go to, which ...

MS Office not needed?
<http://goo.gl/TXLzNw> [Tech World] ----- Organisations are wasting money licensing Microsoft Office applications that the majority of employees barely use, a study released this week by application analytics startup SoftWatch has found. Conclusion: many users could easly be migrated to far cheaper cloud applications such as Google Apps. The firm carried out a 3-month analysis of Office suite use in 51 global firms representing 148,500 employees, revealing that seven out of ten employees weren�t using any single application heavily, lau...

which version of LabVIEW needed?
I developed an application with the students version of LabVIEW 6.1 (prof.). I think I don't need all the features of the prof-version. Now I want to use the version 7. How can I find out which editon (Base-, Professional- or Full-System) I need? Is there a testversion of the base-edition? The base version is just as the name implies. You would be better off if you chose the full developemet edition of labview 7.1(current version) This will give you all the functionality of the base version plus a lot more features. Some you may not need NOW but will become valuable in the future as you u...

MUMPS Version i dentification
Dear All; Is there any standard command/function available to find out the Version of the MUMPS Application The command should be able to run in all the mumps versions :) Please if there are other command please let me know thanks and regards You can use $ZVERSION for GT.M: kbhaskar@bhaskark:~$ mumps -dir GTM>Write $ZVERSION GT.M V5.3-001 Linux x86 If other MUMPS implementations use a different intrinsic special variable, you can use $GET() or $DATA() to test. Regards -- Bhaskar On May 31, 4:32=A0am, getadkhan <getAdK...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Dear All; > > Is there any standard command/function available to find out the > Version of the MUMPS Application > > The command should be able to run in all the mumps versions :) > > Please if there are other command please let me know > > thanks and regards Both Cache and MSM allow: $ZV or $ZVERSION "K.S. Bhaskar" <ksbhaskar@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8de1a108-d30f-40af-b49d-34a0e472bf5c@w7g2000hsa.googlegroups.com... You can use $ZVERSION for GT.M: kbhaskar@bhaskark:~$ mumps -dir GTM>Write $ZVERSION GT.M V5.3-001 Linux x86 If other MUMPS implementations use a different intrinsic special variable, you can use $GET() or $DATA() to test. Regards -- Bhaskar On May 31, 4:32 am, getadkhan <getAdK...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Dear All; > > Is there any standard command/function available to find out the > Version of the MUMPS Application >...

Web resources about - Need the MS-DOS version - comp.lang.mumps

Android version history - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Global Android version distribution since December 2009. As of March 2014, Android 4.x Jelly Bean is the most widely used Android version, operating ...

Scanner Pro for iOS updated to version 7 w/ text recognition, workflows, more
Scanner Pro for iOS has today received a hefty update. The latest update brings the app to version 7 and includes a host of new features, including ...

Apple Slips: Unveils ‘iPhone SE’ at $399, $499, 10-Inch iPad Pro with 256-gig Version
As widely expected, Apple ( AAPL ) this afternoon unveiled a new, 4-inch version of its iPhone at a media event in Cupertino, offering models ...

Twitter drops TweetDeck for Windows, but Mac version is safe
... has announced that it will soon drop support for the program, leaving fans with just the web app at their disposal. However, the Mac version ...

Samsung released two different versions of the Galaxy S7... and yours is the slower one
... In fact, in terms of hardware and design, it might be the best smartphone ever, period . The bad news is that it looks like the U.S. versions ...

"In an upside-down version of a traditional campaign, the Republican front-runner is immensely unpopular ...
Writes Craig Gilbert in The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel: These are the party’s bedrock counties: Waukesha, Washington and Ozaukee. They typically ...

This man created a real-life version of the floating house from "Up" with 600 balloons, and it's getting ...
Cameron Balloons pilot Simon Askey has been making waves over the internet this week thanks to his whimsical hot air balloon that looks exactly ...

Is that a new version of Google Glass on eBay?
Technically Incorrect: A pawnbroker is selling something he claims is a genuine Google Glass and it looks like the rumored Enterprise Edition. ...

Watchmen: Director's Cut vs. Ultimate Version - Collider
Zack Sndyer talks about the various cuts of Watchmen and explains why the Director's Cut is his preferred version over the Ultimate Cut.

Tidal extends free trial for the updated version of Kanye's album
By now you've likely heard all about how Kanye West's The Life of Pablo will always be a Tidal exclusive. When the album first dropped, West ...