Another way to open an MS ACCESS 2000 database?

Hi!
I've developed an ms access 2000 db. Then I'll protect the db with a
password. But I want to open the access 2000 file from a Delphi 7
program, and try to have the program connect to the ms access 2000 db.

1. How can I have the OnOpen_event of the starting form in access
check if the db is being tried open from doubleclicking the access
2000 file itself,  and deny the user to open except from the Delphi
program?

2. What is the connection string to the access 2000 file from the
Delphi 7 program?

The reason is that I'll write to the register from Delphi 7 and do
certain checks regarding to date and time ++... (I'm using the
mxProtector from http://www.maxcomponents.net)

I'm using "only" Delphi 7 PE.

Me.Name
0
geir_baardsen
8/17/2004 8:16:24 AM
comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc 5769 articles. 1 followers. miniFAQ (1) is leader. Post Follow

Another way to open an MS ACCESS 2000 database? #2
Hi! I've developed an ms access 2000 db. Then I'll protect the db with a password. But I want to open the access 2000 file from a Delphi 7 program, and try to have the program connect to the ms access 2000 db. 1. How can I have the OnOpen_event of the starting form in access check if the db is being tried open from doubleclicking the access 2000 file itself, and deny the user to open except from the Delphi program? 2. What is the connection string to the access 2000 file from the Delphi 7 program? The reason is that I'll write to the register from Delphi 7 and do ...

Another way of opening a ms access 2000 file?
Hi! I've developed an ms access 2000 db. Then I'll protect the db with a password. But I want to open the access 2000 file from a Delphi 7 program, and try to have the program connect to the ms access 2000 db. 1. How can I have the OnOpen_event of the starting form in access check if the db is being tried open from doubleclicking the access 2000 file itself, and deny the user to open except from the Delphi program? 2. What is the connection string to the access 2000 file from the Delphi 7 program, sending the password from Delphi 7 to access? The reason is that I'l...

How many recordset can be opened simultaneously for a MS-Access 2000 Database
Hey friends Can someone please suggest that how many recordset can be opened simultaneously for a MS-Access 2000 Database.Does that make any difference if we use ODBC or some other way of connecting to the database. vikrant_kpr@hotmail.com (Vikrant) wrote: > Can someone please suggest that how many recordset can be opened >simultaneously for a MS-Access 2000 Database. There is mention of 2048 Table IDs but a query can open many Table IDs while it's processing. Especially during a very complex Union query. What's your specific problem? >Does that make any >differ...

What is the best way, via the internet, to access a remote Microsoft Access database? I was thinking of using VPN, but I thought that I would check here to see if there is a better way. Any suggestions? Thanks Do you mean remotely controlling an Access database, or linking tables over the internet? The first is doable, the second is a recipe for disaster. Remote Control: If your remote OS is Windows XP, you can use Remote Desktop (although only 1 person can access the PC at a time; this will change in the upcoming Service Pack for XP, but that may not help you now). Otherw...

Can anybody give me some code that I can put in to my VB6 app to open a passworded Access database in the Crystal Reports 8.5 RDC? I see so many examples - none of which seem to work for me. I am using a native connection in Crystal ( pdbdao.dll). My current code is : Dim Report As New crPrintPreview Dim crTable As CRAXDRT.DatabaseTable Private Sub Form_Load() Set crTable = Report.Database.Tables.Item(1) varpath = CurDir crTable.Location = varpath & "\OrderManager.mdb" CRViewer1.ReportSource = Report CRViewer1.ViewReport End Sub All I receive is the message "Error o...

Can anybody give me some code that I can put in to my VB6 app to open a passworded Access database in the Crystal Reports 8.5 RDC? I see so many examples - none of which seem to work for me. I am using a native connection in Crystal ( pdbdao.dll). My current code is : Dim Report As New crPrintPreview Dim crTable As CRAXDRT.DatabaseTable Private Sub Form_Load() Set crTable = Report.Database.Tables.Item(1) varpath = CurDir crTable.Location = varpath & "\OrderManager.mdb" CRViewer1.ReportSource = Report CRViewer1.ViewReport End Sub All I receive is the message "Error o...

Problems with MOD-Function by accessing MS-Access Database via SQL in Delphi
Hello, the following problem: I use Delphi 6 to access a MS Access Database. In short, the Delphi Code looks like this: ADOConnection1.Open; ADOQuery1.Close; ADOQuery1.SQL.Text :=3D 'SELECT * FROM database1 WHERE value1=3D1 AND value2=3D ' + inttostr(array[3]); ADOQuery1.Open; Label5.Caption:=3DADOQuery1.Fiel=ADdByName('value4').AsString; Now I only want to select these rows, where the Integer value3 ends on 1=2E So I need the Modulo-Function. I found in the Internet these two functions: MOD(x,y) und x % ...

Opening an Access 2000 database
I am trying to open an Access 2000 database. The book I am reading says to go into the Components dialog box and select the Microsoft Active Data Control 6.0. I go into the components dialog box but the Microsoft Active Data Control 6.0 is not there. I do find an entry for Microsoft ADO Data Control 6.0 (OLEDB) but that is the data control for pre-access2000 data base files. What am I doing wrong? The only reason that I went to the book is because I could not find the control and suspected that I had forgotten the name of the control that I need to open an access 2000 databa...

Opening MS Access database
Hi, The problem is that while opening MS Access database via ADO/Jet4 with connection mode set to adModeShareDenyWrite, this should prevent others from opening in write mode. But it denies writing all (including me)! Adding adModeWrite allows to write but doesn't prevent others from writing... I want to open the database in share mode so that only one user can write while others can read. Is it possible? Regards, Rafal I believe that you need to OR the two flags (adModeShareDenyWrite + adModeWrite). But, in my mind --- why would you want to deny others to write when yo...

Opening databases with out MS access
Hi, I have an Access database file with all the switchboard commands and what I want to do is to try to access the switchboard command without opening microsoft access. Which means i want to access the database without opening access. I am seeing if I can make this file an executable file but i dont think this is the solution. If anybody have any ideas, please help. Thanks > I have an Access database file with all the switchboard commands and > what I want to do is to try to access the switchboard command without > opening microsoft access. Which means i want to access the database...

Ran a batch file or an MS Access macro shortcut without opening another instance of access
I am trying to use Windows Task Scheduler to run a batch file for an already open MS Access database. Below is the syntax to the batch file: Batch file: DailySalesExport.bat REM This runs the macro that exports the reports to the J drive PATH = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\;C:\Windows\Command" START /WAIT Msaccess.exe "D:\acesdata\SALES\Daily2005.mdb" /x "SnapShotExportDailySales" EXIT Its working fine, the only problem is that its opening another instance of MS Access and i dont want it to do that since that databse is already open. I have to live ...

Opening an Access database in Delphi
Hi all, The subject is a tad vague/misleading. My question is, are there any DLLs or other files that need to be installed with my Delphi 6 app in order to open and work with a Microsoft Access 2000 database, or are all the necessary files included with Windows? I'm thinking of switching a freeware program I've written from using a flat file for data storage to Access, but I want to avoid having to figure out which DLLs, etc. that I'd need to include with it. It seams that the handful of small/test apps I've written can open an Access database without a problem, ...

Open Access Database Form from within Access database
I have included the following code to open an Access database form from within an exsisting Access database. But when I run the code, it appears that it opens the database because in windows explorer I can see the database has the .ldb file extension. So it appears that it's open, but I can't see the database or the form that I've tried to open. What am I doing wrong. The following is the code: 'This is in the declaration part of the module Dim appAccess As Access.Application ' Initialize string to database path. Const strConPathToSamples = "C:\Documents a...

Web resources about - Another way to open an MS ACCESS 2000 database? - comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc

Enterprises want to run databases in containers
More than three out of four IT decision makers are interested in running stateful applications like databases within containers, according to ...

NFL mock draft database 2016: Tracking Giants picks from around the Internet
Let's keep track of mock drafts from around the Internet as the 2016 NFL Draft approaches. Can we find a consensus for the New York Giants?

Top US School District Switches to Rimini Street for Oracle Database and Oracle E-Business Suite Support ...
Douglas County School District using savings from Rimini Street independent support to develop district-wide data visualization capabilities ...

Consumer Group Sues DOT For Failure To Create Searchable Database Of Safety Defects
... about safety defects. One safety group says this hasn’t happened, and is suing DOT Secretary Anthony Foxx in an effort to make this database ...

18 million targeted voter records exposed by database error
A second database containing voter records has been exposed due to a configuration error. While the first held records that some dismissed inconsequential ...

TSA Will Finally Be Given Access To Counterterrorism Database To Screen Airport Workers
TSA Will Finally Be Given Access To Counterterrorism Database To Screen Airport Workers