Another way to open an MS ACCESS 2000 database? #2

Hi!
I've developed an ms access 2000 db. Then I'll protect the db with a
password. But I want to open the access 2000 file from a Delphi 7
program, and try to have the program connect to the ms access 2000 db.

1. How can I have the OnOpen_event of the starting form in access
check if the db is being tried open from doubleclicking the access
2000 file itself,  and deny the user to open except from the Delphi
program?

2. What is the connection string to the access 2000 file from the
Delphi 7 program?

The reason is that I'll write to the register from Delphi 7 and do
certain checks regarding to date and time ++... (I'm using the
mxProtector from http://www.maxcomponents.net)

I'm using "only" Delphi 7 PE.

Me.Name
0
geir_baardsen
8/17/2004 8:16:37 AM
comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc 5769 articles. 1 followers. miniFAQ (1) is leader. Post Follow

Another way to open an MS ACCESS 2000 database?
Hi! I've developed an ms access 2000 db. Then I'll protect the db with a password. But I want to open the access 2000 file from a Delphi 7 program, and try to have the program connect to the ms access 2000 db. 1. How can I have the OnOpen_event of the starting form in access check if the db is being tried open from doubleclicking the access 2000 file itself, and deny the user to open except from the Delphi program? 2. What is the connection string to the access 2000 file from the Delphi 7 program? The reason is that I'll write to the register from Delphi 7 and do ...

Another way of opening a ms access 2000 file?
Hi! I've developed an ms access 2000 db. Then I'll protect the db with a password. But I want to open the access 2000 file from a Delphi 7 program, and try to have the program connect to the ms access 2000 db. 1. How can I have the OnOpen_event of the starting form in access check if the db is being tried open from doubleclicking the access 2000 file itself, and deny the user to open except from the Delphi program? 2. What is the connection string to the access 2000 file from the Delphi 7 program, sending the password from Delphi 7 to access? The reason is that I'l...

Can anybody give me some code that I can put in to my VB6 app to open a passworded Access database in the Crystal Reports 8.5 RDC? I see so many examples - none of which seem to work for me. I am using a native connection in Crystal ( pdbdao.dll). My current code is : Dim Report As New crPrintPreview Dim crTable As CRAXDRT.DatabaseTable Private Sub Form_Load() Set crTable = Report.Database.Tables.Item(1) varpath = CurDir crTable.Location = varpath & "\OrderManager.mdb" CRViewer1.ReportSource = Report CRViewer1.ViewReport End Sub All I receive is the message "Error o...

How many recordset can be opened simultaneously for a MS-Access 2000 Database
Hey friends Can someone please suggest that how many recordset can be opened simultaneously for a MS-Access 2000 Database.Does that make any difference if we use ODBC or some other way of connecting to the database. vikrant_kpr@hotmail.com (Vikrant) wrote: > Can someone please suggest that how many recordset can be opened >simultaneously for a MS-Access 2000 Database. There is mention of 2048 Table IDs but a query can open many Table IDs while it's processing. Especially during a very complex Union query. What's your specific problem? >Does that make any >differ...

Re: <Another Pluh>Re: Accessing MS SQL server or ORACLE database from the HP3K #2
> <plug> > > MPE/iX Enterprise Client: > www.advnetsys.com/enterprise.html * Does not require ADO or ODBC Drivers * Uses native access for outstanding performance. * The middleware server is not just limited to Windows - runs on Unix, Linux Windows and HP e3000. * Implements database pooling on the middleware for outstanding performance. * In a addition to database XL, we have available libraries for SAP BAPI and SOAP calls. Regards, David Thatcher Advanced Network Systems, Inc. www.advnetsys.com </plug> While your product sounds interestin...

Problem Opening Access forms and macros from database residing on a Windows 2000 web server using IIS #2
I've tried to research this problem, and I haven't been able to find any references to it. Probably because I shouldn't be doing it, but it was working, and now it's not. I'm trying to develop a small application to run on our intranet. I have a lot of old knowledge, and not a lot off access to new knowledge, so I'm shooting from the hip and fumbling. I have a small Access database that I'm using as a back end for some ..ASP pages. There are a couple of tables that are linked to a SQL database running on a separate server. I'm able to update the Access table...

What is the best way, via the internet, to access a remote Microsoft Access database? I was thinking of using VPN, but I thought that I would check here to see if there is a better way. Any suggestions? Thanks Do you mean remotely controlling an Access database, or linking tables over the internet? The first is doable, the second is a recipe for disaster. Remote Control: If your remote OS is Windows XP, you can use Remote Desktop (although only 1 person can access the PC at a time; this will change in the upcoming Service Pack for XP, but that may not help you now). Otherw...

Hi, I have an application with MS-Access as backend and JSP/ tomcat as frontend/webserver. For getting better response time(as access is very slow compared to other RDBMS's), I have split the main DB into two DB's on different disks on my server for better performance.I have kept the table names same but changed the DB names. How do I access tables from both the DB's? This is what I have done; I made different connection to the respective DB's i.e. con and con2. When I want to access data, I am using 2 result sets for retriving data from the tables, but getting no re...

Can anybody give me some code that I can put in to my VB6 app to open a passworded Access database in the Crystal Reports 8.5 RDC? I see so many examples - none of which seem to work for me. I am using a native connection in Crystal ( pdbdao.dll). My current code is : Dim Report As New crPrintPreview Dim crTable As CRAXDRT.DatabaseTable Private Sub Form_Load() Set crTable = Report.Database.Tables.Item(1) varpath = CurDir crTable.Location = varpath & "\OrderManager.mdb" CRViewer1.ReportSource = Report CRViewer1.ViewReport End Sub All I receive is the message "Error o...

Problems with MOD-Function by accessing MS-Access Database via SQL in Delphi
Hello, the following problem: I use Delphi 6 to access a MS Access Database. In short, the Delphi Code looks like this: ADOConnection1.Open; ADOQuery1.Close; ADOQuery1.SQL.Text :=3D 'SELECT * FROM database1 WHERE value1=3D1 AND value2=3D ' + inttostr(array[3]); ADOQuery1.Open; Label5.Caption:=3DADOQuery1.Fiel=ADdByName('value4').AsString; Now I only want to select these rows, where the Integer value3 ends on 1=2E So I need the Modulo-Function. I found in the Internet these two functions: MOD(x,y) und x % ...

Accessing linked tables in MS Access database using JDBC ODBC Bridge #2
Does anyone know if JDBC can access linked tables in a Microsoft Access? We have a Mictosoft Access database that contains linked tables that are physically on a network drive. On a windows machine, We set up a java servlet that uses JDBC to connect to a microsoft access database using a DSN name set up in the ODBC administrator. We are able to run a query using a table that is physically on the database but not on tables linked into the database. The linked tables are comng from another Microsoft Access database on a mapped network drive. The java servlet and the database contain...

Opening MS Access database
Hi, The problem is that while opening MS Access database via ADO/Jet4 with connection mode set to adModeShareDenyWrite, this should prevent others from opening in write mode. But it denies writing all (including me)! Adding adModeWrite allows to write but doesn't prevent others from writing... I want to open the database in share mode so that only one user can write while others can read. Is it possible? Regards, Rafal "Rafal Kaminski" <yksnimak@_usun_to_wp.pl> wrote in news:d6nnhj$cj6$1@news.onet.pl: > Hi, > > The problem is that while opening MS Access d...

Ran a batch file or an MS Access macro shortcut without opening another instance of access
I am trying to use Windows Task Scheduler to run a batch file for an already open MS Access database. Below is the syntax to the batch file: Batch file: DailySalesExport.bat REM This runs the macro that exports the reports to the J drive PATH = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\;C:\Windows\Command" START /WAIT Msaccess.exe "D:\acesdata\SALES\Daily2005.mdb" /x "SnapShotExportDailySales" EXIT Its working fine, the only problem is that its opening another instance of MS Access and i dont want it to do that since that databse is already open. I have to live ...

Web resources about - Another way to open an MS ACCESS 2000 database? #2 - comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc

Enterprises want to run databases in containers
More than three out of four IT decision makers are interested in running stateful applications like databases within containers, according to ...

NFL mock draft database 2016: Tracking Giants picks from around the Internet
Let's keep track of mock drafts from around the Internet as the 2016 NFL Draft approaches. Can we find a consensus for the New York Giants?

Top US School District Switches to Rimini Street for Oracle Database and Oracle E-Business Suite Support ...
Douglas County School District using savings from Rimini Street independent support to develop district-wide data visualization capabilities ...

Consumer Group Sues DOT For Failure To Create Searchable Database Of Safety Defects
... about safety defects. One safety group says this hasn’t happened, and is suing DOT Secretary Anthony Foxx in an effort to make this database ...

18 million targeted voter records exposed by database error
A second database containing voter records has been exposed due to a configuration error. While the first held records that some dismissed inconsequential ...

TSA Will Finally Be Given Access To Counterterrorism Database To Screen Airport Workers
TSA Will Finally Be Given Access To Counterterrorism Database To Screen Airport Workers