Curious HTTPRIO soap problem.

Hi Guys,

I'm connecting to a client's soap service, and everything has been
working fine, except the client's system is a bit wobbly.

Unfortunately this seems to be causing my process to hang for a very
long time (approx 30 mins) before it decides that the SOAP server is
not going to talk to it, and then it returns.

After a little bit of a google I found the
  THHTPRIO.HTTPWebNode.ConnectTimeout
  THHTPRIO.HTTPWebNode.SendTimeout
  THHTPRIO.HTTPWebNode.ReceiveTimeout

properties, which look exactly like the kind of thing I need...

But it can't be that simple can it... Oh no....

If I set them to 8000ms, so 8 second time out, my soap call returns
instantly (less than a second) with the following exception

"The data area passed to a system call is too small."

I've tried removing the timeouts one at a time, and it appears that
the error occurs if I have any of them.

Remove them all, and great, it works (until the next time the client's
SOAP server has a wobble).

Oh, D7 arch standard Borland Soap components

  HTTPRIO := THTTPRIO.Create(self);
  try
    with HTTPRIO do
    begin
      Name := 'HTTPRIO';
      OnAfterExecute := HTTPRIO1AfterExecute;
      WSDLLocation :='blah blah';
      Service := 'CaseInfo';
      Port := 'CaseInfoSoap';
//      HTTPWebNode.ConnectTimeout:=8000;
//      HTTPWebNode.SendTimeout:=8000;
//      HTTPWebNode.ReceiveTimeout:=8000;
      HTTPWebNode.Agent := 'Borland SOAP 1.1';
      HTTPWebNode.UseUTF8InHeader := False;
      HTTPWebNode.InvokeOptions := [soIgnoreInvalidCerts];
      Converter.Options := [soSendMultiRefObj, soTryAllSchema,
soRootRefNodesToBody, soDocument];
      Converter.Encoding := 'utf-8';
    end;
  except on E:Exception do
...... etc etc

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Dodgy.
--
MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES
0

problems problems problems
(The short(?) summary) I've got an Access MDB file and a DAO connect with it.. Problem 1 of 2 The below gives me a runtime error 91 Object variable or With block variable not set. I've got the db stuff after the form.show (to make sure all the objects on the form are loaded before attempting to utilize/manipulate them) But it doesn't like it when I use the data object in the form load anyway for some reason.. pffft. Private Sub Form_Load() frmTest1Project.Show datGallery.Recordset.MoveLast datGallery.Recordset.MoveFirst Call LockTextBoxes(frmTest...

SOAP problem and legacy problem
Hi all, Got two challenges; 1st; UF 9, fat client, web services.... Would like to use SOP 2.0 - but cannot find any information on connections to/from https servers Result is "setting certificate verify locations: CAfile: /usr/local/ share/curl/curl-ca-bundle.crt CApath: none" Any ideas? 2nd; UF 9, fat client, MS-Access '97 db. The current ODBC setup prevents me from writing to an Access 97 database (running Office 2003 / 2007). Any ideas (short of rewriting the legacy app! / upgrading the access db to a later version) to enable write access to the db? ...

[SOAP]Problem with namespace in Soap Header
Hi, I have a .NET Web Service. I must write a client in PHP5. I've got a problem with the formatting of my SoapHeader. In fact, the prefix of the namespace does not apply to the entire header node and child nodes: Here is my PHP Soap message : =========================== <env:Envelope xmlns:env="http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope" xmlns:ns1="http://www.toto.com/"> <env:Header> <ns1:AuthHeaderUidSite> <UID>xxx</UID> <Site>102</Site> </ns1:AuthHeaderUidSite> </env:Header> <env:Body> <ns1...

[Uniface-L] SOAP problem and legacy problem
Hi all, Got two challenges; 1st; UF 9, fat client, web services.... Would like to use SOP 2.0 - but cannot find any information on connections to/from https servers Result is "setting certificate verify locations: CAfile: /usr/local/ share/curl/curl-ca-bundle.crt CApath: none" Any ideas? 2nd; UF 9, fat client, MS-Access '97 db. The current ODBC setup prevents me from writing to an Access 97 database (running Office 2003 / 2007). Any ideas (short of rewriting the legacy app! / upgrading the access db to a later version) to enable write access to the db? ...

Problem: PEAR SOAP => PHP5 SOAP
I am having problems converting from Pear SOAP to PHP5 SOAP, especially when it comes to complex types. I would be grateful for any help on how this should be translated: require_once("SOAP/Client.php"); $wsdlurl = "http://myserver/myservices/mypage.php?wsdl"; $wsdl = new SOAP_WSDL($wsdlurl, array("timeout" => 360)); $soapclient = $wsdl->getProxy(); $soapclient->setEncoding("UTF-8"); $soapclient->__trace(1); $mydata = array( "fromDate" => new SOAP_Value("fromDate", "string", "2003-10-01"), &q...

Re: [Uniface-L] SOAP problem and legacy problem
Hi Mike, thank you for the suggestion. I must have done something with the driver settings because it now works... Arrgh - the wonders of the MS platform... Kind regards, Knut Sent from my iPhone On 19/01/2009, at 23:09, "Porter, Mike" <MPorter@gategourmet.com> wrote: Re: Challenge 2 http://www.pocketinformatics.com/satforms/MDAC2.1_AccessODBC.htm May contain the answer. Point 1 of the Backward compatibility section seems to cover your issue. Looks like your options are limited if you don't want to upgrade from Access 97 but digging a little ...

Problem with a problem
Hello, take a grammar G with alphabet {0,1} such that (the word problem for) the language L_G={w in (0+1)*|w\in L(G)} is very complex, say in PSPACE or some higher complexity class. Now consider an "easy" problem EASY like: "Is an element of L_G in L_G?". Well, this seems to be fairly easy because the answer is "yes" in any case. Hence the problem should be of small complexity. But if one models such a decision problem one has to construct a language L with alphabet A such that the word problem for L reflects exactly the decision problem which one is interested...

Soap Problem
Hi, Can anyone help. I am having a probelm with references and the SOAP:Lite module. I have code like the following : #!/usr/bin/perl use SOAP::Lite+autodispatch=> uri => "http://servername/soapServiceTest proxy => "http://servername/cgi-bin/soap/serviceTest2.cgi" my $myobj = new soapServeTest(); my @rows = @{$myobj->selectRows("MYTABLE"); When I try use this array , I get an uninitialized reference error, even though when I run this with the same application locally all is well. It seems as if references are not being passed from the soap s...

SOAP problems
Here is my irb session: irb -r soap/wsdlDriver irb(main):001:0> end_point = "http://my.endpoint.com/cgi-bin/ipc- SOAP/" => "http://my.endpoint.com/cgi-bin/ipc-SOAP/" irb(main):002:0> soap = SOAP::WSDLDriverFactory.new(end_point).create_rpc_driver WSDL::XMLSchema::Parser::UnknownElementError: unknown element: {}html from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/wsdl/xmlSchema/parser.rb:116:in `decode_tag' from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/wsdl/xmlSchema/parser.rb:82:in `start_element' from /usr/lib/ruby/1.8/xsd/xmlparser/parser.rb:67:in `start_element' fr...

SOAP problem
Hi all, I have a problem with a SOAP (OASIS) client based on JWSDP. The server is coded in .net. The problem is that we got a FailedAuthentication SOAP fault as a response in case of JWSDP based client. But Axis based client works well. We have not much information from the server side. The server would like to get necessary certificate with help of SSL (https) mutual identification. But the server cannot get the certificate from the SSL identification process. Have anyone any idea? Thanks, Peter ...

Curiouser and curiouser
One of about twenty nearly identical gawk scripts fails on this line if( match( $0, /failed:[\t ]([A-Za-z0-9 ]+)/, Arr ) ) Response = "ERROR: " Arr[ 1 ] IF and only if the OS is Windows (but not Cygwin under Windows), the script is executed via this command while( ( Command | getline ) > 0 ) s = $0 from another script, and the name of the script has about 11 characters ahead of the ".awk" extension. It works under Cygwin and it works with shorter and longer names. I haven't had an oportunity to test it under Linux yet. -- T.E.D. (tdavis@gearbox.maem.umr.edu)...

Problems with SOAP
Hi all, I'm currently trying to run an O'Reilly SOAP sample but i'm having problems. Its just a simple sender that sends a SOAP envelope to a servlet receiver which then spits out the soap envelope to the command line. (I'm using win2k-server btw). Here's the stack trace.... _________________________________________________________ Starting Modified SimpleJAXMClient: host url = http://localhost:8080/examples/servlet/SimpleJAXMReceive ___________________________________________________________ Sending message to URL: http://localhost:8080/examples/servlet/Simpl...

Curious problem
I am looking for a way to trace/show how php resolves method calls. I don't know if this even exists. (I can't show the code as it exists behind a firewall, but I can accurately describe the problem). Class A has a require_once of class C. Class B has a require_once of the same class C. Class A invokes a method in class C in only one place. Before it calls that method I have a debug print statement saying it is calling that method. Class B invokes a method in class C in only one place. Before it calls that method I have a debug print statement saying it is calling that metho...

Curious problem...
A coworker came in today and all of the files on her desktop were gone and Entourage is acting like it was just installed -- all her e-mails are gone and none of the custom folders she had set up are there. Upon searching, we found the desktop files had been moved to the "Movies" folder. It's HIGHLY unlikely that anybody else in the office tampered with her system. Does anybody have a clue what might cause this or how to fix it? She's running Panther on a G5. UPDATE: It looks like Entourage has been completely wiped clean. We checked her Db files and they are all as if th...

Web resources about - Curious HTTPRIO soap problem. - comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc

Curious Rat - Home
“ 10 Changes That Must Have Steve Jobs Rolling In His Grave ” ( WARNING: Gizmodo link.) There’s so much that’s factually incorrect/skewed, it’s ...

I Am Curious (Yellow) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I Am Curious (Yellow) ( Swedish : Jag är nyfiken – en film i gult , meaning "I Am Curious: A Film in Yellow") is a 1967 Swedish drama film written ...

Facebook’s Voting Reminder Has Curious Timing
At the start of Election Day , Facebook pointed out that users will gradually see a prompt at the top of their page (and as a notification on ...

The Daily WTF: Curious Perversions in Information Technology
(from Pete) My phone interview for a senior developer position in the banking industry started off pretty well. The jovial and affable development ...

Curious Wavefunction (@curiouswavefn) on Twitter
Sign in Sign up You are on Twitter Mobile because you are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Learn more here Curious Wavefunction @ curiouswavefn ...

Scripting News: Aaron Swartz was curious.
... But people have asked why they don't see my name on that spec. That's why. Aaron explains that what made him unique was that he was curious. ...

What? Why? How? - Funny facts for curious kids on the App Store on iTunes
Get What? Why? How? - Funny facts for curious kids on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Are You Curious?
jurvetson posted a photo: So excited... I'll be at JPL when they land this Curiosity rover on Mars. This baby is about 5x larger than the Spirit ...

YouTube - Oh really, why is that? Web performance for the curious!
Veröffentlicht am 19.09.2012 The modern browser is not the black box it used to be. We can peek inside and see how it really works—we have the ...

Questions but few answers surround curious bank account
On April 22, 2010, Saba's Lebanese restaurant in Ivanhoe hosted a $500 per head banquet to help two Labor MPs build their war chests for that ...