How to get rid of TDBImage label

Hi,

I added a TDBImage VCL on my form, linked it to a TAdsTable. I don't open
the table right away. When the form shows, a (DBImage1) label always show on
this control. Is there a way to hide (or delete) this label? (I don't want
my users to see it, but don't want them to open the table until it is
necessary).

Thanks for any suggestion.

Chris Leong

0
Chris
8/4/2003 4:11:13 PM
comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc 5769 articles. 1 followers. miniFAQ (1) is leader. Post Follow

"Chris" <christopher.leong@verizon.net> a �crit dans le message de
news: BAvXa.8519$W%3.6514@nwrdny01.gnilink.net...
> Hi,
>
> I added a TDBImage VCL on my form, linked it to a TAdsTable. I don't
open
> the table right away. When the form shows, a (DBImage1) label always
show on
> this control. Is there a way to hide (or delete) this label? (I
don't want
> my users to see it, but don't want them to open the table until it
is
> necessary).

I think you mean the caption. just erase it in the Object Inspector.

0
John
8/4/2003 8:21:56 PM
How can I find the Caption property in the object inspector?
Chris

"John of Aix" <j.murphyNOSPAM@libertysurf.fr> wrote in message

> "Chris" <christopher.leong@verizon.net> a �crit dans le message de
> news: BAvXa.8519$W%3.6514@nwrdny01.gnilink.net...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I added a TDBImage VCL on my form, linked it to a TAdsTable. I don't
> open
> > the table right away. When the form shows, a (DBImage1) label always
> show on
> > this control. Is there a way to hide (or delete) this label? (I
> don't want
> > my users to see it, but don't want them to open the table until it
> is
> > necessary).
>
> I think you mean the caption. just erase it in the Object Inspector.

0
Chris
8/4/2003 9:13:32 PM
"Maarten Wiltink" <maarten@kittensandcats.net> wrote in message
> Chris wrote in message <00AXa.10972$Wt.7034@nwrdny03.gnilink.net>...
> >How can I find the Caption property in the object inspector?
>

> Get real.
>
> Groetjes,
> Maarten Wiltink

Well interestingly it does not have a "caption" property.  The only way that
I could get rid of the "text" was to make the font color clWindow.

John

0
John
8/5/2003 4:02:47 AM
"Maarten Wiltink" <maarten@kittensandcats.net> skrev i melding
> John Kebert wrote in message ...
> >"Maarten Wiltink" <maarten@kittensandcats.net> wrote in message

> >> Get real.
>
> >Well interestingly it does not have a "caption" property.  The only way
> that
> >I could get rid of the "text" was to make the font color clWindow.
>

> That certainly sounds like a good excuse. Somehow, I was under
> the impression that the question referred to some kind of button.
>
> Select the component, press F1, follow "Properties", spot "Caption".
> If it's not there, feel superior (not to mention cheated). If it is,
> check visibility.

It's so stupid, drawing the component's name whenever a picture is not
loaded.

What one needs to do, is making a local copy of dbctrls.pas, and modify
TDBImage.Paint; method (remove the TextRect() stuff).

BTW, there are more reasons to modify this unit, so keep it in a repository
or similar (but don't attempt to replace the original).

--
Regards,

Bj�rge S�ther
bjorge@haha_itte.no
-------------------------------------
I'll not spend any money on American Software products
until armed forces are out of Iraq.

0
Bj
8/5/2003 11:04:52 AM
John,
This works.
However, are there any situations that can cause undesirable effects, such
as when the graphics has some text, or I don't know what font could be
associated with a picture, that won't be visible? It sounds illogical by
saying that the graphics has some text associated with it. But I'm just not
knowledgeable about graphics in general. If this weren't a possibility, why
is there a font property? How else can one use the font property in a
graphic image?
Chris

"John Kebert" <johnrkebertAT@hotmailDOT.com> wrote in message
> "Maarten Wiltink" <maarten@kittensandcats.net> wrote in message
> > Chris wrote in message <00AXa.10972$Wt.7034@nwrdny03.gnilink.net>...
> > >How can I find the Caption property in the object inspector?
> >

> > Get real.
> >
> > Groetjes,
> > Maarten Wiltink
>
> Well interestingly it does not have a "caption" property.  The only way
that
> I could get rid of the "text" was to make the font color clWindow.
>
> John

0
Chris
8/5/2003 12:39:50 PM
"Chris" <christopher.leong@verizon.net> skrev i melding

> "John Kebert" <johnrkebertAT@hotmailDOT.com> wrote in message
> > "Maarten Wiltink" <maarten@kittensandcats.net> wrote in message
> > >

> > > Get real.
> > >
> > > Groetjes,
> > > Maarten Wiltink
> >
> > Well interestingly it does not have a "caption" property.  The only way
> that
> > I could get rid of the "text" was to make the font color clWindow.
> John,
> This works.
> However, are there any situations that can cause undesirable effects, such
> as when the graphics has some text, or I don't know what font could be
> associated with a picture, that won't be visible? It sounds illogical by
> saying that the graphics has some text associated with it. But I'm just
not
> knowledgeable about graphics in general. If this weren't a possibility,
why
> is there a font property? How else can one use the font property in a
> graphic image?

Well - to be able to draw "DBImage1" in the control when no picture is
assigned....

--
Regards,

Bj�rge S�ther
bjorge@haha_itte.no
-------------------------------------
I'll not spend any money on American Software products
until armed forces are out of Iraq.

0
Bj

where to get a copy of pascal delphi
i was hoping to find a new version of delphi pascal i want to program midi programs within the pascal environment charles charles wrote: > i was hoping to find a new version of delphi pascal > > i want to program midi programs within the pascal environment > > charles There are older versions floating around that you may be able to get.. the old D3 was published via a Magazine from the uK once.. It depends on what you are trying to do here. That version does not support some of the things that today's programmers like to do how ever, it still can b...

Get rid of axis tick labels
Hi there, Can anybody tell me how I can get rid of axis tick labels (i.e. the numbers referring to an axis)? I can change thickness, spacing,...but for one axis they should not appear at all... Thanks a lot for any suggestions, Marco Hi Marco, try this: x=0:.1:2; plot(x) set(gca,'xtick',[]) Regards, Stefan Stefan wrote: > > > Hi Marco, > > try this: > > x=0:.1:2; > plot(x) > set(gca,'xtick',[]) > > Regards, > Stefan Thanks a lot, this works! ...

Get Rid of Duplicate Impoint Labels
Hello, I'm trying to find a way to delete duplicate Impoint labels. I am using a PoisitonCallback that looks like this for all of my impoints... Defined as: h.addNewPositionCallback(@(pos) update_coords(h,pos(1),pos(2))); function update_coords(h,x1,y1) global coords points ctrl; for i=1:size(points,2) coords(i,:) = getPosition(points(i)); end set(ctrl, 'XData', coords(:,1), 'YData', coords(:,2)); setString(h,['(',num2str(x1),',',num2str(y1),')']); end This is on an axis in a GUI. The problem here is that when the impoint ...

How can I get rid of -200492 error in Delphi?

Get rid of left margin reserved for In/Out labels
Dear MathGroup members, By default notebooks have an empty margin on the left, reserved for the In/Out labels. How can I turn this margin off (and turn off the In/Out labels as well) for one particular notebook? Are there any notebook options or cell options that control this? Szabolcs -- New Mma QA site has launched! http://mathematica.stackexchange.com/ ...

titletoc
Hi there, I am using the titletoc package to format, you guessed it, the table of contents. I want to get rid of the numbers in front of the sections. Is it doable? I got: Chapter 1 ................. 1 1.1 First Section ....... 1 I want: Chapter 1 ............... 1 First Section ........... 1 Cheers, ++Hector C. "Hector C" <hhcalderon@yahoo.com> escribi�: > I am using the titletoc package to format, you guessed it, the table > of contents. I want to get rid of the numbers in front of the > sections. Is it doable? It's doable, but if all you ne...

How to get rid of 10^x in Y labels automaticaly
Hi, I am plotting a simple matrix. The Y axis numbers are big-- for example they are like : 10400,10500 etc. When Matlab displays those numbers it ylabels them as 1.040 * 10^4. How to get rid of that and make it plot the ylables as 10040 etc... Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Maybe you can try x = [1 3 4 5 6]; y = 10^4.5*x; plot(x,y) set(gca,'YTick',y) set(gca,'YTickLabel',{y}) HTH, Krishna http://dsplog.blogspot.com "Sivakumar " <sbatthal.nospam@gmail.com> wrote in message news:f9cnqv$lac$1@fred.mathworks.com... > I am plotting a simple mat...

Is there a way to get rid of Caption Label added by LaTeX?
I really want to provide caption label by my self as portion of the caption text. For example: \begin{figure}[htbp] \centering \includegraphics{tree.png} \caption{\textbf{Figure IV}: Shown Tree.}\end{figure} Thanks. H Xia <huayang.xia@gmail.com> wrote: > I really want to provide caption label by my self as portion of the > caption text. For example: > > \begin{figure}[htbp] > \centering > > \includegraphics{tree.png} > \caption{\textbf{Figure IV}: Shown Tree.}\end{figure} Have a look at the caption package. Ciao Enrico On Apr 20, 5:07 pm, Enrico Grego...

Re: Get rid of left margin reserved for In/Out labels
Dear MathGroup members, By default notebooks have an empty margin on the left, reserved for the In/Out labels. How can I turn this margin off (and turn off the In/Out labels as well) for one particular notebook? Are there any notebook options or cell options that control this? Szabolcs Dear Szabolcs, There is a method to fix the margins in the StyleSheet. You can add the definition of the cell margin size to those elements of the StyleSheet you need. As an example I write below one of my definitions (which is Text in the PrintOut environment): Local definition for the style ...

getting rid of the label "mydatafilexy.dat" in graphs
Hi! I'd like to get rid of label showing the filename in plots of datafiles. Anybody an idea? thank you for any help, Martin ps: please excuse my english ;-) On Fri, 17 Dec 2004 14:35:32 +0100 Martin M=FCller <martin816@gmx.net> wrote: > Hi! >=20 > I'd like to get rid of label showing the filename in plots of > datafiles. Anybody an idea? >=20 > thank you for any help, > Martin >=20 > ps: please excuse my english ;-) unset key G. See also `help plot title`. THeo Hi, > unset key thanks a lot! Martin...

How to get/read Hard disk label / drive label
I want to read individual disk label for Hard disk (C: drive, D: drive disk label) and CD-ROM disk label Please provide some pointer to the code or document. Thanks in advance. Praveen wrote in news:1162752076.121514.313750 @h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com in comp.lang.python: > I want to read individual disk label > > for Hard disk (C: drive, D: drive disk label) > and > CD-ROM disk label > > Please provide some pointer to the code or document. > You could use: <url: http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/docs/ActivePython/2.2/PyWin32/win32api__ GetVolumeInformat...

gets gets
I'm a little surprised at this. In irb, I tried puts gets gets. Why? I don't know. but basically, gets gets, seems to almost act like a heredoc! myString = gets gets puts myString On Mar 26, 2007, at 3:17 AM, John Joyce wrote: > I'm a little surprised at this. > In irb, I tried puts gets gets. > Why? I don't know. > but basically, gets gets, seems to almost act like a heredoc! > myString = gets gets > puts myString It's not surprising at all. First, let's insert the parentheses so we can see it as Ruby does: puts(gets(gets())) Now we see th...

Pascal and Delphi
Pascal, is the old SDK we use. Now, shall we move on to Delphi? "Boo K.M." <khanming@brinkster.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:42e5bd1e_2@news.tm.net.my... > Pascal, is the old SDK we use. Now, shall we move on to Delphi? Why not? PASCAL is not a SDK, but a programming language. Delphi is not a language, but a SDK which uses the PASCAL language. Did you create windows apps in your former SDK using PASCAL? I regard Delphi to be a very straight forward SDK for creating windows apps. The promise in advertising "RAD" (rapid application development) is...

Get rid of it
Used PBM format and a few lines of c code. Thanks anyhow. ...

How to get Pascal++
Hi, this is an object oriented Pascal dialect developed by the danish company FAVOR Software by Anders Olsen in the 90th for MS DOS, Windows et al. There was a Shareware version with 50 pages ASCII documentation. Has anybody this Pascal system and would be so friendly to send it to me as ZIP? Best regards, Ludwig ...

How to get rid of
Hi: I wrote a subroutine to calculate the "density of state" of some model, which basically is a numerical problem that involves the summation of a three dimensional function f(x, y, z) over three dimensional discrete lattice points \sum_{i,j,k} f(x_i, y_j, z_k). I orginally wrote this program using three layers of for-loops to build up a three-dimensioal array f(x_i, y_j, z_k), then, use sum(sum(sum(f)))) to perform the summation. This program is very time-consuming, and I try to vectorize it in the following way: %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %%% f(x, y, z)=cos(x)+cos(y)+cos(z); ...

Getting rid of the "Getting Started with Access" page
Anybody know how to prevent the annoying Access 2007 "Getting Started with Access" page from showing up when the database is closed using DoCmd.Quit? My database is used in a terminal server environment and I need to be able to prevent users from creating new databases or opening existing ones using that page. Thanks! On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 19:07:44 -0700 (PDT), evenlater <evancater@gmail.com> wrote: That page does not show up for me when I close my app using DoCmd.Quit. Rather the desktop appears which was previously covered by Access. You may mean at startup time. If so, just...

Getting rid of
I am playing a little bit with libturpial. I got a few warnings. Most I could get rid of, but one I still get, while I have done what is said in the reference of the warning. Example code: #!/usr/bin/env python import certifi import urllib3 import urllib3.contrib.pyopenssl from libturpial.api.core import Core urllib3.contrib.pyopenssl.inject_into_urllib3() http = urllib3.PoolManager( cert_reqs='CERT_REQUIRED', # Force certificate check. ca_certs=certifi.where(), # Path to the Certifi bundle. ) ...

How do I get rid of these
Running 10.6.7. On my top finder window, about one third of the items under places are dead and will not highlight. The only thing that I can do with them is move them with a click and drag. The trash will not highlight if I drag them to it. How do I get rid of them? -- During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. George Orwell In article <1k3dq33.9bugvdrbzil6N%pf@porkain'tkosher.oink>, pf@porkain'tkosher.oink (Paul Fuchs) wrote: > Running 10.6.7. On my top finder window, about one third of the items > under places are dead and...

Labels ....Labels
Hi all, I'm using a dataset in which the variables have long labels. Now I want that in the output instead of the complete label only the first three words of the label be showed. Is that possible? And also is their away to show only the labels and not the variable name? Thanks, Sajeel It is possible. You can get the label information from SAS meta data, and create a new set of shorten label, then use it whenever needed: data xx; a=23; b='abc'; label a='one two three four five' b='123 456 789 000 xxx kkk'; run; proc print label; run; proc sql; select nam...

How do i get rid of this?
installed YuBurner on mac to try to overburn a cd, it did not work so i uninstalled it (trash bin), but now when ever i right click on a file the option of "send to YuBurner" still appears, How do i get rid of this? thanks In article <8bbd9f15.0412310123.1c67b648@posting.google.com>, jonsonny2003@yahoo.co.nz (joncha) wrote: > installed YuBurner on mac to try to overburn a cd, it did not work so > i uninstalled it (trash bin), but now when ever i right click on a > file the option of "send to YuBurner" still appears, > How do i get rid of this? A plug-...

Getting LABEL for=...

how to get rid of this
I have installed SyGate about 4-5 weeks ago. I have Comcast service at the time of Sygate installation and I still have the same Internet service. I used to have DSL. I have treid to remove and deleted anyhting that has to do with DSL before SyGAte installation. Someone helped me remove bad entries from running hiJjackThis during Sygate installation. About 3 weeks ago, a comcast tech came by and replaced a new modem and configuartion. A few days ago I experience a window popped up with title "Enetr Network Password" with the folling info: Server: smtp:sbcglobal.yahoo.com User...

Wall Street Journal: Get a Mac and get rid of insecure Windows
http://ptech.wsj.com/archive/ptech-20031023.html A quote from the article: "This big gap in security and virus susceptibility has altered the balance in the age-old debate between Windows and the Mac, and made the Mac a more attractive contender than it was when I last compared the two platforms in 2002." -- The trouble with the global village are all the global village idiots. - Paul Ginsparg. On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 21:49:10 +0200, none@none.invalid (Jesper) chose to bless us with the following wisdom: >http://ptech.wsj.com/archive/ptech-20031023.html > >A quote from th...

Web resources about - How to get rid of TDBImage label - comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc