Own Control+Tab order

I use Control+Tab to walk between MDI Windows or Documents (for example
Total Commander or Firefox sheets) .

How manage this walk order like addition "LastTab" to Firefox where
Control+Tab begins go to last visited page (or like Windows Alt+Tab where go
to last Application)

Is possible to manage it? Or it is in Forms.pas or it is standard Windows
MDI management ?

0
Borneq
11/17/2008 12:24:05 PM
comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc 5769 articles. 1 followers. miniFAQ (1) is leader. Post Follow

Borneq wrote:
> I use Control+Tab to walk between MDI Windows or Documents (for example
> Total Commander or Firefox sheets) .
>
> How manage this walk order like addition "LastTab" to Firefox where
> Control+Tab begins go to last visited page (or like Windows Alt+Tab
> where go to last Application)
>
> Is possible to manage it? Or it is in Forms.pas or it is standard
> Windows MDI management ?

Ctrl+Tab is the keystroke for switching between *tabs*, not for
switching between multiple MDI windows. That keystroke is Ctrl+F6, I
think. As far as I can tell, neither of the programs you cited are
really MDI programs.

If Ctrl+Tab doesn't already do what you'd like it to do, then you'll
have to write code to make it do what you want.

--
Rob
0
Użytkownik "Rob Kennedy" <me3@privacy.net> napisał w wiadomości
> Ctrl+Tab is the keystroke for switching between *tabs*, not for switching
> between multiple MDI windows. That keystroke is Ctrl+F6, I think. As far
> as I can tell, neither of the programs you cited are really MDI programs.

My Editor is MDI program and Ctrl+F6 also as Ctrl+Tab switchs between MDI

> If Ctrl+Tab doesn't already do what you'd like it to do, then you'll have
> to write code to make it do what you want.

I not program Ctrl+Tab, this behaviour is programed in VCL or Windows, cany
anyone change this manner?

0
Borneq

Tab order in Tab Control
Hey, I have a modeless dialog (as the main window) which contains a tab control. For each tab I have a child window. My problem lies in tabbing through the controls. As of now I can only tab through the controls in the main dialog. That is, the only control here is the tab control. What I want to achieve is to be able to tab through the controls on the current active tab's page. Any idea on how to do this? Thanks! Soren Dreijer wrote: > My problem lies in tabbing through the controls. As of now I can > only tab through the controls in the main dialog. Th...

Tab order
>From the dev guide and older threads the only way I can see to set the tab order is by the control order. But what if I want some odd tab order that's different from the control order? For example, if I use a tabpanel, which the control order is very specific in RB or else all the controls get screwed up. So I have all my controls working on the tabpanel but I want my own tab order. Any way to do this? It seems like there should be an option to make a custom order, regardless of the control order.....or maybe I'm missing something. In article <1105575553.895968.164450...

tabbing order in tab controls
Hi How can I set the tabbing order of controls in a tab control on the front panel when having several other controls on the front panel. Right-click on the tab and select "Reorder controls In page" from the menu that pops up. This is not exactly what I meant. When I'm creating a local variable I can choose its destination (right-click - select item). Because there are so many I would like to reorder the tabbing order to choose the correct on the top. All this action are taken in the block diagramm. From the edit menu, select Set Tabbing order changing the tabbing order will ...

How can I set the tab order of text box controls on each page of a tab control?
I need to be able to select the tabbing order of individual controls on a single page of a tabbed control. How?? In LV 6.1 an up you should be ablel to right click on the edge of the tab control when the tab-page in question is selected. The bttom selcetion in the pop-up is "Reoder controls in page..." selecting this option will switch editing modes to allow you to specify the ored, just like in a cluster. I seem to remeber in older versions you had to drag the tabable controls off the tab control, specify the tabbing oder and then drag them back on. The oldest version I have on ...

Tab order on multirow tab control
Is there a way to stop the default action of a multirow tab control whereby the row with focus moves to the front of the tabs? I find this behaviour annoying and confusing to the user and am at a loss as to why MS has designed their tab controls like this. Wayne wrote: > Is there a way to stop the default action of a multirow tab control > whereby the row with focus moves to the front of the tabs? I find > this behaviour annoying and confusing to the user and am at a loss as > to why MS has designed their tab controls like this. ALL multi-row tabs act this way. How else can y...

Tab control order in OLE control
Recently I got the tip how to include a listview in the tab (control order) stops: SELF:oDCLV1:SetStyle(WS_TABSTOP,TRUE) This doesn't seem to work for a OCX (ole) control. Is there any way to get this working there too? Dick van Kooten ...

a2k
I have 3 groups of controls each in their own frame and all are sitting on a page in a tab control. I want the user to be able to tab between the controls in each frame; at the moment tabbing can move the cursor to another frame, which is a bit disconcerting when the user is filling out some address fields. I've played around with the tab index properties manually and even tried to set them using VBA. However if I do this I find some controls actually disappear! To correct this I have to use Auto Order. Apart from this the app is working nicely but little things like are a bit of a pai...

Re: tabbing order in tab controls
Is there a way to change the tabbing order without having the order on a list or local change also? I didn't take that into account when making the program, should have ordered all the control before wiring it all up :-/ Hi leachdor,When you change the tab order of a specific control in LabVIEW, it must then re-order the other controls in order to ensure that each tab order value is only applied to one control, and that there are only as many tab stops as there are controls.&nbsp; As such, there is no way to simply re-order a single control without modifying other controls. Hi and th...

Tab control in one of the tabs of another tab control
One of my colleagues is working with a tab control. He has several tabs. He is trying to embed another tab control inside one of the tabs of the first tab control. He had placed the second tab control inside one of the tabs of the first tab control. But the problem is that the second tab control does not show up (unless one goes to the block diagram and double clicks the second tab control, only then does it shows up; when the vi is closed and reopened its again not there). I told him that I had never seen such functionality (a tab control inside another tab control) in any application but is ...

Re: a2k
Deano wrote: > I have 3 groups of controls each in their own frame and all are > sitting on a page in a tab control. > > I want the user to be able to tab between the controls in each frame; > at the moment tabbing can move the cursor to another frame, which is > a bit disconcerting when the user is filling out some address fields. > > I've played around with the tab index properties manually and even > tried to set them using VBA. > However if I do this I find some controls actually disappear! To > correct this I have to use Auto Order. > > Apart fr...

Long pull down menu of tab control. References to controls on page of tab control.
Folks, &nbsp; two questions regarding a tab control: &nbsp; 1. &nbsp; I am using a tab control for offering the user various sub menus. The tabs are switched invisible. Instead I am using the page labels display for control of the tab. The list of available sub-menus (tabs) has already become quite long so that a pull down menu with a scrollbar appears (See attached screenshot). However, the scrollbar is not very convenient and not actually needed. Does anyone know how I could avoid this scrollbar? &nbsp; 2. &nbsp; I would like to get all the references of all controls of...

How do I put a control on a certain page of a tab control, instead of the WHOLE tab control
I am trying to put a 3D surface plot onto one page of a tabbed control, but Labview insists on putting it on top of the whole tabbed control, so that you can't look at different pages. What's the deal? Hi John, I made a test with LV 7.0. I can put the 3D Surface Graph into a page of the tab control. Move the 3D Surface Graph from the tab control onto a blank area of the front panel. Move the 3D Surface Graph back onto the page you want it. Be sure to get a black broken line around the page. Then release the mouse button. If you lay the 3D Surface Graph partly on the tab control it w...

Tab Controls, Painting and control order from the 2.7a relase notes
Hi, Have any of you had the time to study the release notes yet (http://www.grafxsoft.com/whatsnew27a.htm) The last paragraph "Tab Controls, Painting and control order" is giving me a hard time. I simply do not understand it. What must I do to get rid of my paint problems, especially when dialog above tab windows is closed? This is a post a made a while ago, a concrete example of this problem: ================ Hi all, I'm having problems with some of the windows in my application. The framework consists of quite a few subwindows, because this gives me t...

tab control inside another tab control
Hi. Is it possible to put a tab control inside another tab control. I tried it several times, but for some reason this doesn't seem to work. Can someone confirm this, or tell me what the trick is. Thanks. -- Georges The only way I know to do this is to put a subform on the first tab control. Then you can put your second tab control on the subform. If you do this repeatedly, however, you will find the form loading rather slowly. HTH - Turtle "Georges Heinesch" <news@geohei.lu> wrote in message news:3fe82fb8$1_2@news.vo.lu... > Hi. > > Is it possible to...

Tab control within another tab control
I am creating a form with a tab control containing 10 tabs. and what I want to do is on only on of the tabs, I want a sub section of tabs. So what it ends up being is one main tab control with another tab control embedded into only one of the tab pages. The problem I am getting is when I insert the sub section tab control into one of the tabs from the main tab control, the sub section tab control appears in every tab in the main tab control. Can anyone help? What do I need to do so it only appears in one tab, not all. Thanks As you found, you cannot place a tab control on one of the pages...

Web resources about - Own Control+Tab order - comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc

Enable volume keys in Flash Player using a hotkey program
dreamlayers Tuesday, November 05, 2013 Enable volume keys in Flash Player using a hotkey program Flash Player running in Firefox in Windows 7 ...

How good are Windows 8 accessibility features for the blind?
... to launch it. Navigating Apps Not all programs are displayed on the Metro screen. To access all of the apps and programs you must press Control+Tab ...

10 Safari keyboard shortcuts that everyone should know
Safari is definitely the most energy efficient browser available for the Mac, so it's wise to use it as your browser of choice, especially if ...