About my Parallel compression library and my Parallel archiver...

Hello,

I have downloaded Easy compression library that costs you 149$
and more...

Here it is:

http://www.componentace.com/ecl_features.htm

And i have noticed that it supports three compression algorithms:
Zlib, Bzip and PPM, and i have tried to benchmark
it against my Parallel compression library and i have found
that the Easy compression library with maximum level compression that
is ppmMax(with PPM maximum compression level) has less compression ratio
than my Parallel compression library with maximum level compression that
is clLZMAMax(LZMA with maximum compression level),
try it yourself and see, so my Parallel compression library and Parallel
archiver are better on compression ratio.

If we take a look know at the performance and scalability,
my Parallel my Parallel compression library and my Parallel archiver
are very fast , you can even use my Parallel archiver as a hashtable
from the harddisk with O(1) access, and they can scale with the number
of cores, Easy compression library can not.

If we take a look at the Relibalitity, my Parallel compression library
and my Parallel archiver are very stable now, and they don't take
too much memory ressources.

If we take a look also at the usability , my Parallel compression
library and my Parallel archiver are very easy to use.

My Parallel compression library supports Parallel LZMA,Parallel
Bzip,Parallel LZ,Parallel LZO and Parallel Gzip compression algorithms,
and my Parallel archiver supports Parallel LZMA,Parallel Bzip,Parallel
LZO and Parallel Zlib.

And  they are compatible with Windows 32bit and Windows 64 bit.

And my Parallel compression library and my Parallel archiver don't
cost you anything.. they are free and they come with source code...

I have also updated Parallel archiver...

Parallel Bzip and Parallel LZMA compression algorithms..

Supported features:

- Opens and creates archives using my Parrallel Zlib or Parallel LZO or
Parallel Bzip or Parallel LZMA compression algorithms.

- Compiles into exe - no dll/ocx required.

- 64 bit supports - lets you create archive files over 4 GB

- Now my Parallel Zlib gives 5% better performance than Pigz.

- Supports memory and file streams

- You can use it as a hashtable from the hardisk

- Fault tolerant to power failures etc..

- Supports Parallel AES encryption.

- Parallel compression and parallel decompression are extremely fast

- It supports both compression and decompression rate indicator

- You can test the integrity of your archive

- Easy object programming interface

- Full source codes available.

- Platform: Win32 , Win64

Please look at test_pzlib.pas , test_plzo.pas , test_pbzip.pas and
test_plzma.pas demos inside the zip file, compile and execute them.. -

Note: test_plzma.pas demo compiles just  under Delphi.

When you want to delete files inside the archive you have to call the
DeleteFiles() method , the DeleteFiles() method will not delete the
files, it will mark the files as deleted , when you want to delete
completly the files , you have to call the DeletedItems() method to see
how many files are marked deleted and after that you use the Clean()
method to delete completly the files from the archive. I have
implemented it like that, cause it's better in my opinion..

Other than that, you have to call the LoadIndex() just after you create
your TPZlibArchiver or TPLZOArchiver ,  TPBzipArchiver or TPLZMAArchiver
objects with the constructor, it's mandatory, and by calling the
LoadIndex() method , my Parallel archiver will be fault tolerant to
power failures etc.

And my parallel archiver uses a hashtable to store the file names and
there corresponding file positions so that you can direct access to
files inside the archive when decompressing, and deleting etc. so it's
very fast.

Please look at the test_pzlib.pas, test_plzo.pas ad test_pbzip.pas demos
inside the zip file to see how to use my Parallel archiver.

And please don't use directly the ParalleZlib.pas that i have included
inside the Parallel archiver zip file, cause i have modified it to work
correclty with my Parallel archiver.

If you want to use my ParallelZlib library just download it from my
website, or download my other Parallel compression library.

You can now use my Parallel archiver as a hashtable from the hardisk
with 0(1) access, you can for example
stream your database row with my ParallelVarFiler into a memory stream
or into a string, and store it with my Parallel archiver into an
archive, and after that your can access your rows into the hardisk as a
hashtable with O(1) access, you can use it like that as a database if
you  have for example id keys that you want to map to database rows,
that will be a good idea to
use my Parallel archiver as a hashtable.

Question:

What's your newest ideas behind your parallel archiver ?

Answer:

Of course my Parallel Archiver supports Parallel compression etc. but my
newest ideas behind my Parallel Archiver are the following:

I have played with Winzip and 7Zip , but if you want to give some files
to extract or to test there integrity, they both (Winzip and 7Zip) will
use sequential access and that's bad i think, so i have decided to
implement a O(1) access that is very fast for extraction and and for
testing the integrity etc. into my Parallel Archiver and for that i have
used an in-memory hashtable that maintains the files names and there
correponding file positions , and my second idea is that my Parallel
Archiver is fault tolerant to power failures and also if your hardisk is
full and you get file corruption etc. so my Parallel Archiver is fault
tolerant to this kind of problems , 7Zip and Winzip i think are not
fault tolerant to those kind of problems.

I have just played with 7Zip , and i have compressed 3 files into the
archive and after than i have opened the archive with an editor and i
have deleted some bytes and i have saved the file and after that when i
have tried to open the archive, 7zip responded that the file is
corrupted, so 7Zip is not fault tolerant, i think that with WinZip it's
the same, but i have done the same test with  my Parallel archiver, and
it's recovering from the file damage, so it's fault tolerant to this
kind of damages, such as power failures and when also the disk is full
and you get a file corruption etc. I have implemented this kind of
fault tolerancy into my Parallel archiver.

I have updated my Parallel archiver and i have added the Update()
method, it's overloaded now in the first version you pass a key name and
a TStream, and in the second version you pass a key name and a filename.
Please look at the test_pzlib.pas demo inside the zip file to see how to
use those methods.

So now you have all the methods to use my Parallel archiver as a
Hashtable from the hardisk with direct access to the compressed and/or
encrypted data with O(1) very fast acces to the data , the DeleteFiles()
has a O(1) complexity the ExtractFiles() and Extract() have also O(1)
complexity and  GetInfo() is also O(1) and of course the AddFiles() is
also O(1), the Test() method is also O(1). So now it's extremely fast.
When you want to do solid compression with my Parallel archiver using
Bzip , you can use the same method as is using Tar , you can first
archive your file with the compression level 0 and after that compress
all your archive file using Bzip, and when you want to encrypt your data
with Parallel AES encryption just give a password by setting the
password property and when you don't want to encrypt just set the
password property to a null string or don't set the password property ,
that's all.

Parallel archiver supports the storing and restoring of the following
file attributes:

Hidden, Archive, System, and Read only attributes.

To store and restore them just set the AddAttributes property like this:

pzr.AddAttributes:=[ffArchive,ffReadOnly,ffHidden,ffSystem];
The compression ratio of my Parallel archiver with maximum level
compression is the same as WinZip with maximum level compression, but
it's less on compression ratio than 7Zip with maximun level compression
by 15% to 17%, cause 7Zip uses "block solid compression".

And read this:

"We're a video sharing site located in China. We rewrote the PHP
memcached client extension by replacing zlib with QuickLZ. Then our
server loads were dramatically reduced by up to 50%, the page response
time was also boosted. Thanks for your great work!

Jiang Hong"

http://www.quicklz.com/testimonials.html

http://www.quicklz.com/

So as you have noticed , like QuickLZ or Qpress, i have implemented
Parallel archiver with  the idea to favor speed over compression ratio,
so with with maximum level compression my Parallel archiver is the same
as WinZip but less than 7Zip by 15% to 17%, but by using my Parallel
Zlib or my Parallel LZO compression algorithms my Parallel archiver will
  be very fast and as i have wrote in my webpage:

"So now you have all the methods to use my Parallel archiver as a
Hashtable from the hardisk with direct access to the compressed and/or
encrypted data with O(1) very fast acces to the data , the DeleteFiles()
has a O(1) complexity the ExtractFiles() and Extract() have also O(1)
complexity and  GetInfo() is also O(1) and of course the AddFiles() is
also O(1), the Test() method is also O(1). So now it's extremely fast. "

So as you have noticed since my Parallel archiver  favor speed over the
  compression ratio, you can use it as a hash table database from the
Harddisk to lower more the load on your server (from internet or
intranet) and boost the response time...

Hope you will enjoy my Parallel archiver.

You can download my Parallel archiver and my Parallel compression
library from:

http://pages.videotron.com/aminer/

Here is the public methods that i have implemented:

Constructor Create(file1:string,size:integer;nbrprocs:integer);
- Creates a new TPZArchiver ready to use, size is the hashtable size for
the index(Key file names and the corresponding file position ,and file1
is the file archive, nbrprocs is the number of cores you have specify to
run Zlib , LZO , Bzip and LZMA  in parallel.

Destructor Destroy;
- Destroys the TPZArchiver object and cleans up.

function AddFiles;
- Add the files to the archive.

function AddStream;
-Add the stream to the archive.

function DeleteFiles;
- Delete the TStringList content from the archive.

function Erase;
    - Erase the data inside the archive and inside  the hashtable.

function Update;
- Update the file or the stream inside the archive

function ExtractFiles;
- Extract the TStringList content from the archive.

function ExtractAll;
- Extract all the files from the archive.

function Extract;
-Extract the file to the stream.

function Test;
- Test the integrity of the files inside the archive.

function GetInfo;
- Get the file info that is returned in a TZSearchRec record.

function ClearFile;
- Deletes all contents of the archive.

function Clean:boolean
- Clean the marked deleted items from the file.

function DeletedItems:integer
- Return the number of items marked deleted.

function LoadIndex:boolean
- Load the the file names keys and there correponding file positions
values from the file passed to the constructor into the hashtable.

function Exists(Name : String) : Boolean;
- Returns True if a file Name exists

procedure GetKeys(Strings : Tstrings);
- Fills up a TStrings descendant with all the file names.

function Count : Integer;
- Returns the number of files inside the archive.

PUBLIC PROPERTIES:

Indicator : boolean
- To show the compression and decompression indicator.
CompressionLevel;
- Set and read the compression level.
Overwrite:boolean
- To update and overwrite the file without asking .
Freshen: boolean
-Add newer files to the archiver and extract newer files from the archive.
AddRecurse: boolean
- AddFiles() method will recurse on subdirectories.
AddAttributes: TAttrOptions
- FindFile attributes for the AddFiles() method, look inside FindFile
component.

Language: FPC Pascal v2.2.0+ / Delphi 7+: http://www.freepascal.org/

Operating Systems: Win32 and Win64 (will be ported soon to Linux and Mac
(x86)).

And inside defines.inc you can use the following defines:

{$DEFINE CPU32} and {$DEFINE Win32} for 32 bits systems

{$DEFINE CPU64} and {$DEFINE Win64} for 64 bits systems

Required FPC switches: -O3 -Sd -dFPC -dWin32 -dFreePascal

-Sd for delphi mode....

Required Delphi switches: -DMSWINDOWS -$H+ -DDelphi

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.
0
aminer
4/8/2013 9:34:37 PM
comp.lang.pascal.misc 1854 articles. 0 followers. eng (34) is leader. Post Follow

On 4/8/2013 2:28 PM, aminer wrote:> If we take a look at the
Relibalitity, my Parallel compression library
 > and my Parallel archiver are very stable now, and they don't take
 > too much memory ressources.

Sorry i mean Reliability, my Parallel compression library
and my Parallel archiver are very stable now, and they don't take
too much memory ressources.

Amine Moulay Ramdane.
0
aminer

Parallel archiver and Parallel compression library have been updated
Hello all, I have updated my Parallel archiver and my Parallel compression library, i have updated the zip file with the new LZ4 algorithm DLLs for both 32 bit and 64 bit, and now the LZ4 algorithm gives much better decompression speed. You can download again my Parallel archiver and my Parallel compression library to get the new LZ4 algorithm DLLs from: http://pages.videotron.com/aminer/ Thank you, Amine Moulay Ramdane ...

Parallel archiver and Parallel compression library have been updated
Hello... I have updated my Parallel archiver and my Parallel compression library, i have updated the zip file with the new LZ4 algorithm DLLs for both 32 bit and 64 bit, and now the LZ4 algorithm gives much better decompression speed. You can download again my Parallel archiver and my Parallel compression library to get the new LZ4 algorithm DLLs from: http://pages.videotron.com/aminer/ Thank you, Amine Moulay Ramdane ...

I have updated my Parallel archiver and my Parallel compression library...
Hello, I have updated the tbbmalloc.dll inside my Parallel archiver and my Parallel compression library, so that it works correctly with Delphi. Now they are working perfectly with Lazarus , Freepascal and Delphi. I have also added a bcNone compression level to PBzipArchiver.pas, that means no compression . Question; Why do we have to use tbbmalloc.dll that you have included inside Parallel Archiver and Parallel compression libraries zip files ? Answer: I have included tbbmalloc.dll especially for Delphi, cause it is a multithreaded and scalable memory manager, ...

Parallel archiver and Parallel compression library have been updated
Hello all, I have updated my Parallel archiver and my Parallel compression library, i have updated the zip file with the new LZ4 algorithm DLLs for both 32 bit and 64 bit, and now the LZ4 algorithm gives much better decompression speed. You can download again my Parallel archiver and my Parallel compression library to get the new LZ4 algorithm DLLs from: http://pages.videotron.com/aminer/ Thank you, Amine Moulay Ramdane ...

I have updated my Parallel archiver and my Parallel compression library...
Hello, I have updated my Parallel archiver and my Parallel compression library... I have updated the tbbmalloc.dll inside my Parallel archiver and my Parallel compression library, so that it works correctly with Delphi. Now they are working perfectly with Lazarus , Freepascal and Delphi. You can download my Parallel archiver and my Parallel compression library from: http://pages.videotron.com/aminer/ Thank you, Amine Moulay Ramdane. Hello, I have also added a bcNone compression level, to PBzipArchiver.pas, that means no compression . You can download my Parallel archiver and my Parallel compression library from: http://pages.videotron.com/aminer/ Thank you, Amine Moulay Ramdane. Hello, I have stress tested my Parallel archiver and my Parallel compression library all those days, and i think they are much more stable now, hope you will enjoy them. You can download my Parallel archiver and my Parallel compression library from: http://pages.videotron.com/aminer/ Thank you, Amine Moulay Ramdane. Hello, Question; Why do we have to use tbbmalloc.dll that you have included inside Parallel Archiver and Parallel compression libraries zip files ? Answer: I have included tbbmalloc.dll especially for Delphi, cause it is a multithreaded and scalable memory manager, much better than the one that you find in Delphi, you don't need it for FreePascal or Lazarus, cause Freepasc...

I have updated my Parallel archiver and my Parallel compression library...
Hello, I have updated the tbbmalloc.dll inside my Parallel archiver and my Parallel compression library, so that it works correctly with Delphi. Now they are working perfectly with Lazarus , Freepascal and Delphi. I have also added a bcNone compression level to PBzipArchiver.pas, that means no compression . Question; Why do we have to use tbbmalloc.dll that you have included inside Parallel Archiver and Parallel compression libraries zip files ? Answer: I have included tbbmalloc.dll especially for Delphi, cause it is a multithreaded and scalable memory manager, ...

Parallel Compression Library 3.3 and Parallel archiver 2.2
Hello, Parallel Compression Library was updated to version 3.3 and Parallel archiver was updated to version 2.2 I have stress tested all the day my Parallel archiver and my parallel compression library, and i have discovered a bug that i have corrected , and i have also optimize them more and now parallel LZMA compression have the same speed as the parallel compression LZMA of 7Zip.. i have also cleaned more the code and i can tell you now that Parallel archiver and Parallel Compression library are very stable now, you can really be confident with both my Parallel archiver a...

[...]

Parallel archiver version 2.1 and Parallel compression library version 3.2
Hello, Parallel archiver was updated to version 2.1 and Parallel compression library was updated to version 3.2, I have added support for 64 bit LZMA compression/decompression. If you want to use Windows 64 bit Parallel LZMA just copy the LZMAStream1.dll inside the LZMA_fpc64 directory and LZMAStream2.dll inside LZMA_dcc64 directory to your current directory or to the c:\windows\system32 directory, and if you want to use Windows 32bit Parallel LZMA copy the LZMAStream1.dll inside the LZMA_fpc32 directory and LZMAStream2.dll inside LZMA_dcc32 directory to your current ...

Parallel archiver version 2.1 and Parallel compression library version 3.2
Hello, Parallel archiver was updated to version 2.1 and Parallel compression library was updated to version 3.2, I have added support for 64 bit LZMA compression/decompression. If you want to use Windows 64 bit Parallel LZMA just copy the LZMAStream1.dll inside the LZMA_fpc64 directory and LZMAStream2.dll inside LZMA_dcc64 directory to your current directory or to the c:\windows\system32 directory, and if you want to use Windows 32bit Parallel LZMA copy the LZMAStream1.dll inside the LZMA_fpc32 directory and LZMAStream2.dll inside LZMA_dcc32 directory to your current ...

Parallel archiver was updated to version 2.1,and Parallel compression library was updated to version 3.2
Hello... Parallel archiver was updated to version 2.1 and Parallel compression library was updated to version 3.2, I have added support for 64 bit LZMA compression/decompression. If you want to use Windows 64 bit Parallel LZMA just copy the LZMAStream1.dll inside the LZMA_fpc64 directory and LZMAStream2.dll inside LZMA_dcc64 directory to your current directory or to the c:\windows\system32 directory, and if you want to use Windows 32bit Parallel LZMA copy the LZMAStream1.dll inside the LZMA_fpc32 directory and LZMAStream2.dll inside LZMA_dcc32 directory to your current d...

About my Parallel Compression Library
Hello..... As you have noticed my Parallel Gzip format is not compatible with Gzip fomat , simply because my Parallel Gzip format has come with some enhancements to the Gzip format such as: it supports both compression and decompression rate indicator , and it can show the compression ratio, also i have brook the compatibility with Gzip format because i want to bring more enhancemends to the format, so this is why my Parallel Gzip format has become incompatible with the Gzip format, so hope you have understood this, this is the same for my other parallel compression algorith...

About my Parallel Compression Library
Hello.... As you have noticed my Parallel Gzip format is not compatible with Gzip fomat , simply because my Parallel Gzip format has come with some enhancements to the Gzip format such as: it supports both compression and decompression rate indicator , and it can show the compression ratio, also i have brook the compatibility with Gzip format because i want to bring more enhancemends to the format, so this is why my Parallel Gzip format has become incompatible with the Gzip format, so hope you have understood this, this is the same for my other parallel compression algorithm...

About my Parallel Compression Library
Hello, As you have noticed my Parallel Gzip format is not compatible with Gzip fomat , simply because my Parallel Gzip format has come with some enhancements to the Gzip format such as: it supports both compression and decompression rate indicator , and it can show the compression ratio, also i have brook the compatibility with Gzip format because i want to bring more enhancemends to the format, so this is why my Parallel Gzip format has become incompatible with the Gzip format, so hope you have understood this, this is the same for my other parallel compression algorithms. ...

About my Parallel Compression Library
Hello...... As you have noticed my Parallel Gzip format is not compatible with Gzip fomat , simply because my Parallel Gzip format has come with some enhancements to the Gzip format such as: it supports both compression and decompression rate indicator , and it can show the compression ratio, also i have brook the compatibility with Gzip format because i want to bring more enhancemends to the format, so this is why my Parallel Gzip format has become incompatible with the Gzip format, so hope you have understood this, this is the same for my other parallel compression algorit...

My Parallel Compression Library was updated
Hello, I have updated my Parallel Compression Library, now the Parallel LZ compiles correctly under both Win32 and Win64. You can download my Parallel Compression Library version 3.4 from: https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/parallel-compression-library Parallel Compression Library 3.4 Author: Amine Moulay Ramdane Description: Parallel Compression Library implements Parallel Gzip , Parallel Bzip , Parallel LZMA , Parallel LZ , Parallel LZO and parallel LZ4 algorithms using my Thread Pool Engine. - Now my ParallelGzip gives 5% better performance than Pigz. ...

[...]

Parallel Compression Library 1.24
Hello, I have also updated my Parallel Compression Library to version 1.24. Welcome: http://pages.videotron.com/aminer/ Sincerely, Amine Moulay Ramdane. ...

Web resources about - About my Parallel compression library and my Parallel archiver... - comp.lang.pascal.misc

Compression (physical) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Physical compression is the result of the subjection of a material or structure to compressive stress , which results in reduction of volume ...

Sports science: Does compression gear benefit your workout?
"No amount of compression can outdo a bad night's sleep or 22 vodka Red Bulls."

The Logic Pros: Time compression and pitch correction with Logic’s built-in Flex tools
In this week’s episode of the The Logic Pros , Flex audio features are up, with some serious hardware reviews on deck. Next week we will start ...

VESA Releases DisplayPort 1.4 Standard: DisplayPort Adds Compression & HDR
One of the more interesting aspects of the DisplayPort standards is how the VESA has the separate but strongly intertwined DisplayPort and Embedded ...

Reduce data usage, turn on data compression in Chrome – Android customization
The web browser can be a major data user on our devices, this Android customization post will show you how to turn on data compression in Chrome, ...

Opera Max Now Supports Data Compression For Netflix And YouTube Video
Opera Max has been out for a while, and it's been helpful to those who find themselves running low on data each billing cycle. This app uses ...

Google launches Brotli, a new open source compression algorithm to speed up the web
As websites and online services become ever more demanding, the need for compression increases exponentially. Fans of Silicon Valley will be ...

China Mobile, Huawei and Qualcomm, Debut Uplink Data Compression on 4G Network
China Mobile, Huawei and Qualcomm, Debut Uplink Data Compression on 4G Network Cellular News China Mobile, along with Huawei and Qualcomm announced ...

Opera Mini browser for Android gets new data compression tech
The latest version for the mobile browser adds a new High compression mode that minimises data expenditure without affecting the page display. ...

Google to boost compression performance in Chrome 49
Google yesterday announced that a new in-house compression algorithm, dubbed "Brotli," will soon be added to Chrome to speed up page loading ...