configuration problem

Hello,
I am trying to learn pascal and I downloaded the IDEnvironment
Dev-Pascal.
When I start a new project and try to compile, I always get the
message: Resource File. Icon file not found(please change it in
Project Options).
And I think that I have not done the configuration right.
What do I need to do, so I can compile programs?
Can anyone give me some advice?
Thank you in advance...
4
evanthh (5)
9/14/2004 6:58:19 PM
comp.lang.pascal.misc 1854 articles. 0 followers. eng (34) is leader. Post Follow

On 14 Sep 2004 11:58:19 -0700, evanthh@yahoo.com (evanthh) wrote:

>Hello,
>I am trying to learn pascal and I downloaded the IDEnvironment
>Dev-Pascal.
>When I start a new project and try to compile, I always get the
>message: Resource File. Icon file not found(please change it in
>Project Options).
>And I think that I have not done the configuration right.
>What do I need to do, so I can compile programs?
>Can anyone give me some advice?
>Thank you in advance...

This is because you haven't specified a resource file.  These files contain
menus, accelerators, copyright information, icons, etc.  They are tacked onto
the end of every windows program.

You *can* turn the feature off, but then you will have to hard code all your
menus and such... not fun.

To create a resource file you need a resource compiler.  The best of these is
GO-RC which can be obtained from http://www.jorgon.freeserve.co.uk/  (Second
item on the list.)

To use GO-RC you must create a text file with at least the application's icon
in it.  The GO-RC help file explains the format of this file.  You then need
to compile it into a .RES file.  This file can be specified in the DEVPascal
IDE's settings or as a {$R <name>.RES} compiler directive.

-----
Laura
On 2004-09-14, evanthh <evanthh@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I am trying to learn pascal and I downloaded the IDEnvironment
> Dev-Pascal.
> When I start a new project and try to compile, I always get the
> message: Resource File. Icon file not found(please change it in
> Project Options).
> And I think that I have not done the configuration right.
> What do I need to do, so I can compile programs?
> Can anyone give me some advice?

I don't know dev-pascal that well, but:

- If you can choose an icon file in "project options" do so. Maybe
	it simply can't find the file.
- Otherwise, if you have the FPC variant, make sure the FPC directory is in
your path, and/or set the path to windres in the pp/bin/win32 directory.
Windres is the GNU resource compiler.
0
Marco
9/14/2004 8:23:06 PM
Marco van de Voort <marcov@stack.nl> wrote in message news:<slrnckekpa.2egq.marcov@turtle.stack.nl>...
> On 2004-09-14, evanthh <evanthh@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I am trying to learn pascal and I downloaded the IDEnvironment
> > Dev-Pascal.
> > When I start a new project and try to compile, I always get the
> > message: Resource File. Icon file not found(please change it in
> > Project Options).
> > And I think that I have not done the configuration right.
> > What do I need to do, so I can compile programs?
> > Can anyone give me some advice?
>
> I don't know dev-pascal that well, but:
>
> - If you can choose an icon file in "project options" do so. Maybe
> 	it simply can't find the file.
> - Otherwise, if you have the FPC variant, make sure the FPC directory is in
> your path, and/or set the path to windres in the pp/bin/win32 directory.
> Windres is the GNU resource compiler.

Thank you for your reply.
Though I am a total beginner and I do not quite understand what that
means.
All I know is that I downloaded Dev-Pascal from the website
http://www.bloodshed.net/devpascal.html.
I downloaded this one: Dev-Pascal 1.9.2 + Free Pascal compiler
(http://haiku.bloodshed.net/dev/devpas192.exe).
And from there I get confused.
Could anybody guide me through the configuration, step by step and in
an easy way? I hope it is not too much to ask.
I would really appreciate it...thank you
0
evanthh
9/15/2004 6:09:05 PM
On 2004-09-15, evanthh <evanthh@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> 	it simply can't find the file.
>> - Otherwise, if you have the FPC variant, make sure the FPC directory is in
>> your path, and/or set the path to windres in the pp/bin/win32 directory.
>> Windres is the GNU resource compiler.
>
> Thank you for your reply.
> Though I am a total beginner and I do not quite understand what that
> means.

Then try finding dev-pascal docs, or contacting their devels. I only use
FPC, not dev-pascal too.

0
Marco
9/15/2004 6:38:37 PM
On 15 Sep 2004 11:09:05 -0700, evanthh@yahoo.com (evanthh) wrote:

>Could anybody guide me through the configuration, step by step and in
>an easy way?

Have you tried actually reading the help files?

No offense, but that's where the best information is going to be.

-----
Laura

BIG PROBLEM : Configuration Boot Problem Stratix
hi, we've got some Stratix DSP development kit EP1S25 where at the power-on don't load the flash memory to the FPGA !!! We've seen that the EPLD MAX 7064 often fail the programmation of the FPGA... We've seen that the RESET of this EPLD is in the same time that the 3.3 V power-on... Did someone have this this problem yet... and how to boot at any time on power-on ? Perhaps it's be better if the RESET is after the 3.3V power-on ? We utilizes 3 board in a big system and we have this problem now of non programming at boot.. Thanks "Patrick" <patrick.melet...

Problems problems....
I've got Fujitsu MAN3184MP and Adaptec 29160 scsi card. Sometimes i have this message "A disk read error occured" , sometimes even bios does not recognize it, sometimes it does but the boot sequence does not start it seems that motherboard bios has problems with it ( so it seems to me, i could be wrong about that assumption) . Then i reset and it all works perfectly. I've noticed a speed degradation in Win XP lately. I'm angry :)) I have LVD/SE terminator, and i think 68pin cable ( not sure about that ). Hope i gave you enough info to try and help. Thanx! -- ----------------------------------- Makni #### iz adrese Seems obvious that the drive is going belly up. You could download the manufacture's utility disk and confirm it. I think time would more wisely be spent backing up your data before you can't read it at all. DaveL "biBU" <idolovcak####@inet.hr> wrote in message news:cuslus$ljq$1@fegnews.vip.hr... > I've got Fujitsu MAN3184MP and Adaptec 29160 scsi card. > > Sometimes i have this message "A disk read error occured" , sometimes even > bios does not recognize it, sometimes it does but the boot sequence does > not start it seems that motherboard bios has problems with it ( so it > seems to me, i could be wrong about that assumption) . Then i reset and it > all works perfectly. I've noticed a speed degradation in Win XP lately. > I'm angry :)) > > ...

Configuration Problems
Hi, I'm trying to perform SSH authentication using Kerberos but I am a beginner. The steps I followed are those in this guide: http://www.visolve.com/security/ssh_kerberos.php#Configuring_the_Kerberos_environment but I definitely made some wrong step and I can not understand where. My lab is composed of : server KDC realm.sso1.sociale.it 10.43.165.10 server SSH ldap2.sso1.sociale.it 10.43.165.36 client SSH my machine MacOSX 10.43.130.100 servers are both on the DNS. ############################################### On server KDC: cat /etc/krb5.conf [logging] default = FILE:/var/log/krb5libs.log kdc = FILE:/var/log/krb5kdc.log admin_server = FILE:/var/log/kadmind.log [libdefaults] default_realm = REALM.SSO1.SOCIALE.IT default_keytab_name = FILE:/etc/krb5.keytab dns_lookup_realm = false dns_lookup_kdc = false ticket_lifetime = 24h forwardable = yes [realms] REALM.SSO1.SOCIALE.IT = { kdc = realm.sso1.sociale.it:88 admin_server = realm.sso1.sociale.it:749 default_domain = sso1.sociale.it } [domain_realm] realm.sso1.sociale.it = REALM.SSO1.SOCIALE.IT [kdc] profile = /var/kerberos/krb5kdc/kdc.conf [appdefaults] pam = { debug = false ticket_lifetime = 36000 renew_lifetime = 36000 forwardable = true krb4_convert = false } ------------------------------------------------------- kadmin: listprincs K/M@REALM.SSO1.SOCIALE.IT admin/admin@REALM.SSO1.SOCIALE.IT host/ldap2.sso1.sociale.it@REALM.SSO1.SOCIALE.IT...

configure problems
hi all: My appologies for such a newbie questin, but, I'm not familiar with this topic enough.. Iv just upgraded my linux - acctually reinstalled on new system - version 9. Now, back in ver 7, I was simply able to run "configure" to setup new apps such as qpopper... now in ver 9, configure seems to be missing... i.e. $configure configure: command not found. is it hidding somewhere? any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks Richard Hello Morrison (<lycergic2003@hotmail.com>) wrote: > My appologies for such a newbie questin, but, I'm not familiar with > this topic enough.. Iv just upgraded my linux - acctually reinstalled > on new system - version 9. That version is actually quite old already. Is there still support for RH9? Maybe you want to switch to Fedora Core 2 or 3. > Now, back in ver 7, I was simply able to > run "configure" to setup new apps such as qpopper... > now in ver 9, configure seems to be missing... i.e. $configure > configure: command not found. > > is it hidding somewhere? any help would be greatly appriciated. configure is not a system program, it comes with the source code. You should be able to call it using ../configure (perhaps the current directory is not in the PATH). Maybe the source code does not have a configure script. Check the documentation, like the README and/or INSTALL files. best regards Andreas Janssen ...

Problem with configure
Hi, I'm new to building software on Macs. In fact, this question is about building on someone else's Mac, because I don't normally have access to one. I have a software package written in C and built with the standard GNU make utilities. It compiles and links on GNU/Linux. When I tried to compile the package on OS X after a ./configure, it won't go looking for include files in /sw/include. Is there something special I need to do within my makefiles to automagically force the compiler to look in /sw/include - and, looking ahead, to pick up libraries in /sw/lib? Thanks! C Chris Roat wrote: > I'm new to building software on Macs. In fact, this question is about > building on someone else's Mac, because I don't normally have access to > one. I have a software package written in C and built with the > standard GNU make utilities. It compiles and links on GNU/Linux. When > I tried to compile the package on OS X after a ./configure, it won't go > looking for include files in /sw/include. Is there something special I > need to do within my makefiles to automagically force the compiler to > look in /sw/include - and, looking ahead, to pick up libraries in > /sw/lib? > This is really a subject for one of the Mac coding groups (follow-up set) but the Gnu compiler that is on OS X has a pretty restrictive include and library path. Certainly /sw will not be there unless you deliberately set some environment va...

./configure problem
hi! I'm trying to compile karamba for a rh8.0, but ./configure gives this error: configure:21805: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0) (library qt-mt) not found. Please check your installation! For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log. Make sure that you have compiled Qt with thread support! I do have these lib in /usr/lib/qt-3.1/lib. All paths are ok. What's going on? Why doesen't it find them? Thanx! On Sun, 13 Jul 2003 23:07:28 +0000, tudor wrote: > hi! > I'm trying to compile karamba for a rh8.0, but ./configure gives this error: > > config...

./configure problem
uname -a Linux localhost.localdomain 2.4.18-14 #1 Wed Sep 4 13:35:50 EDT 2002 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux ------------------------ from /var/log/boot.log OS Kernel: Linux version 2.4.18-14 (bhcompile@stripples.devel.redhat.com) (gcc version 3.2 20020903 (Red Hat Linux 8.0 3.2-7)) ------------------------- I am running RedHat 9.0 on my laptop Pentium II And I have the following problem when I try to install ruby 1.8.1. /configure checking build system type... Invalid configuration `i686-pc-linux-oldld': machine `i686-pc-linux' not recognized configure: error: /bin/sh ./config.sub i686-pc...

configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot create executables
Hi, I've tried configuring TCL by following the 'How to compile TCL' instructions at http://www.tcl.tk/doc/howto/compile.html. Problem occured when I type ./configure. The output at the shell is like this : loading cache ./config.cache checking for ranlib... (cached) ranlib checking for gcc... (cached) cc checking whether the C compiler (cc ) works... no configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot create executables Please advise what to do. Zack Wahab wrote: > I've tried configuring TCL by following the 'How to compile TCL' > instructions at http://www.tcl.tk/doc/howto/compile.html. Problem > occured when I type ./configure. The output at the shell is like this > : > > loading cache ./config.cache > checking for ranlib... (cached) ranlib > checking for gcc... (cached) cc > checking whether the C compiler (cc ) works... no > configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler > cannot create executables > > Please advise what to do. Since it says "cached", my guess is that you are building from sources that aren't "clean", that they have been used to build on another system. Don't do that. The best way to build is to build outside the source dirs, with different directories for each build-type and platform. You just call /path/to/tcl/unix/configure --with-options ... make alternatively you can try a 'make distclean&#...

configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot create executables.
Hi guys. I am trying to configure gcc. But getting the problem mentioned below. -desktop:~$ /home/nitin/gcc-4.2.4/configure loading cache ./config.cache checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1 checking target system type... i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1 checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1 checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c checking whether ln works... yes checking whether ln -s works... yes checking for gcc... gcc checking whether the C compiler (gcc ) works... no configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot create executables. Although this problem has been posted by many users, I am yet to find its solution. What can be the way out ? The gcc is already installed , but its for native machines only. I have to install it as cross compiler for ARM. Do I need to remove the already installed native gcc ? Thanks. You must also install gcc for a build machine. With it you compile new version of gcc. You can not use cross compiler to build runnable executable on build machine (or may be you wont canadian cross http://www.airs.com/ian/configure/configure_6.html ?). Oleksandr Gavenko wrote: > You must also install gcc for a build machine. > With it you compile new version of gcc. > > You can not use cross compiler to build runnable executable > on build machine (or may be you wont canadian cross > http://www.airs.com/ian/configure/configur...

Compiling TK : configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot create executables
Hi, I've tried configuring TK by following the 'How to compile TCL' instructions at http://www.tcl.tk/doc/howto/compile.html. Problem occured when I type ./configure. The output at the shell is like this : loading cache ./config.cache checking for ranlib... (cached) ranlib checking for gcc... (cached) cc checking whether the C compiler (cc ) works... no configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot create executables Please advise what to do. In article <a0028451.0401200238.570ea846@posting.google.com>, Zack Wahab <kutufutt@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > I've tried configuring TK by following the 'How to compile TCL' >instructions at http://www.tcl.tk/doc/howto/compile.html. Problem >occured when I type ./configure. The output at the shell is like this >: > >loading cache ./config.cache >checking for ranlib... (cached) ranlib >checking for gcc... (cached) cc >checking whether the C compiler (cc ) works... no >configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler >cannot create executables > >Please advise what to do. It's telling you you lack a working C compiler. What you should do is ... get a C compiler that works. With what operating system are you experimenting? -- Cameron Laird <claird@phaseit.net> Business: http://www.Phaseit.net ...

Configuration Assistant problem
For the Configuration Assistant, why gave me such errors when I try to add remote database "sample" on linux (DB2 ESE UDB version 8)using "add database wizard" to my local DB server ******************************************************************* SQL1005N The database alias "SAMPLE" already exists in either the local database directory or system database directory. Explanation: The alias name specified has already been used. If no alias is specified in the catalog database command, the database name is used as the alias. When a databa...

Problem with GEM configuration
Hi, I've ben running Ruby and Gem for a few years without any problems until now, when this wierd thing poped up. It's been a while since I ran GEM so I don't know what may have happened to produce the problem. However, now, with most GEM commands I get the following response ... ERROR: While executing gem ... (Errno::ENOENT) No such file or directory - %UserProfile I'm running ... Windows XP Ruby v1.8.6 Gem v 1.3.6 I do have an environment variable "UserProfile" and equates to a valid directory and it contains a ".gem" direc...

problem with network configuration
Hi, we have installed an openMosix cluster (using clusterKnoppix) and we have some problems configuring the network. We have tried several things but they didn't work. Things working properly: -you can connect through ssh and ftp to the cluster from the intranet. Things not working: -you cannot connect from outside the intranet. -from the cluster, you cannot access internet. Could some expert illuminate us (poor newbies)? Thanks in advance, Federico ...

Problem on broadband configuration
Hi, I got a problem configuring my broadband access to the internet. I am using Hurricane 8000 USB on Red Hat 9.0. Anyone knows how to configure? Thanks. Regards ...

Problem In Network Configuration
Hi everybody, I've got a Win2k3 Enterprise Edition Server, with 2 NICs and an ADSL ethernet modem. NIC1 (192.168.0.1) serves the local LAN, and I just installed the second NIC to connect the ethernet modem to it. The modem manual tells that it has a default IP address (192.168.1.1), so I configured my second NIC to be in the same sunbet as the ethernet modem and gave it 192.168.1.2. My problem is that how should I configure my network to pass the internet traffic from my clients in 192.168.0.* to 192.168.1.1 and vice versa? As a try I enabled RRAS service and configured it for NAT. I ad...

Configuring display problems..
I am a beginner to Linux and after searching and trying for a long long time finally decided to come to the forums for help. I installed Linux by making partition to have a dual OS Windows XP and Red Hat Fedora 4 and everything was well and fine. I logged in to Linux and played around and changed the display setting since the display was too big and the display selected was "Generic". I changed it to 15inch with 1024 x 768 and restarted the machine. It showed the initial messages and I was waiting for the login screen and the login screen never came. I powered off and restarted and nope.. I feel that I did not choose the proper display settings. So now what should I do. I can re-install but I do not want to do that. Is there a easier way to go to the configuration file. I have a hp dv6113US notebook with 15inch display. Any help is greatly appreciated and awaited. sachin.readytohelp@gmail.com wrote: > I am a beginner to Linux and after searching and trying for a long long > time finally decided to come to the forums for help. > I installed Linux by making partition to have a dual OS Windows XP and > Red Hat Fedora 4 and everything was well and fine. I logged in to Linux > and played around and changed the display setting since the display was > too big and the display selected was "Generic". I changed it to 15inch > with 1024 x 768 and restarted the machine. It showed the initial > messages and I was waiti...

RiscPC Configuration Problem
Last night, to get out of a permanent hourlass situation on my RiscPC, I did a CTRL+Break. The machine then booted up in black & white 640 x 480. Failing to remember which CTRL + keypress I should use to re-start at the default settings I tried one or two, and got 256 colours 640 x 480 which is barely usable. Clicking on !Boot, Display, and Monitor, I get "Message from Screen setup: Syntax: *LoadModeFile <filename> - what does this mean? Trying to reconfigure using the Display Manager icon doesn't work as no other options are offered. Can someone help, please? -...

Configuration Modem Problem
Hye, We have a new as400, with 2 modems : - Internal - External the external go well but we can't configue a profil off RAS PPP on the internal, when we want to see the properties of the connexion ops nav says that no modem to do PPP is installed in the communication ressources we have : Cmb01 MFIO process Lin01 Cmn01 Communication Port Cmn02 Port V.24 Cmb03 Lin03 Cmn04 Ethernet Cmb04 Lin02 Cmn03 Token ring i think it's here something wrong , but...

Network Configuration Problem
I've just downloaded and installed Pegasus 4.21C on top of my 3..x installation. I use Pegasus on a Novell netwrk in NDS mode. When I launched Pegasus on my system to test it, my new mail folder opens fine. All my mail is there and so are my address books. However when I tried to send and receive internet mail nothing happened. I checked the network configuration setting and they were blank. I corrected the problem and sent and recieved internet mail without problem. However whenever I exit and reload Pegasus the settings are gone again. It appears Pegasus does not save the settings. Any idea what is happening? Hi Tim Tim a �crit : > I've just downloaded and installed Pegasus 4.21C on top of my 3..x > installation. I use Pegasus on a Novell netwrk in NDS mode. When I launched > Pegasus on my system to test it, my new mail folder opens fine. All my mail > is there and so are my address books. > > However when I tried to send and receive internet mail nothing happened. I > checked the network configuration setting and they were blank. I corrected > the problem and sent and recieved internet mail without problem. However > whenever I exit and reload Pegasus the settings are gone again. It appears > Pegasus does not save the settings. > > Any idea what is happening? > Do you still use your old 3... version? if so that could explain that your network configuration disapears. Th...

proftpd configuration problem
Hi ,i'm using proftp daemon on my server. The problem is that i access with a user with anonymoys directive . for example <Anonymous /data/www/html> User ftp Group inet Umask 002 AnonRequirePassword on UserAlias myuser ftp AuthUsingAlias on RequireValidShell off AllowOverwrite on ShowSymlinks on </Anonymous> the problem is that i can read ,write ,delete files ,but i can't update files (sam...

Synonym Configuration Problem
Due to Certain Company Policies I maintain a copy of all the incoming and outgoing mail. I do this using synonym. The problem I am facing is that a copy of the mails which satisfy rule no. 1 is not made whereas a copy of mails which satisfy rule 2 are made. The following is the Rules which I have created in Synonym.conf <Rules> <Rule> <Condition> <Header>From</Header> <Match>abc@xxxxx.com</Match> </Condition> <Condition> <Header>To</Header> <Match>abc@xxxxx.com</Match> </Condition> <Action> <ActionTyp...

Network configuration problem.
I have a print server and two PCs networked via hardwire through a router. These devices are assigned static IPs 192.168.1.10, 11, and 12 respectively and had been running successfully for several years. One of the PCs (192.168.1.11), running Red Hat 9, experienced an AC power failure which apparently damaged some files in the root ext2 partition. After a session with fsck I am able to boot up this system. Most everything appears normal except I can not connect to the printer or internet with this PC. The Network Configuration Tool shows that device eth0 is inactive. However attempting to...

Sendmail Configuration Problem
Hey everyone, I am having a problem with Sendmail for Perl. I have a web page with five fields. Four textbox fields are: "fname" = From name "femail" = From email "tname" = To name "temail" = To email 1 textarea: "contents" = Email contents The script itself seems to be working fine. I input names and email addresses in the "to" and "from" fields and add contents. The e-mail send correctly and it gets to my inbox. When I open the e-mail in M$ Outlook, instead of reading EG: From: Robert (robert@email.com) To: John (john...

Web resources about - configuration problem - comp.lang.pascal.misc

Pusher configuration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In a craft with a pusher configuration the propeller (s) are mounted behind their respective engine(s). According to Bill Gunston , a "pusher ...

Facebook Simplifies XCode Configuration, Adds App Events To IOS SDK
Facebook released a new software-development kit for iOS , version 3.6 , the social network announced in a post on its developer blog . continued… ...

Safe Gadget - Secure Your Computer and Smartphones with Easy to Follow Security Configuration Tips on ...
Get Safe Gadget - Secure Your Computer and Smartphones with Easy to Follow Security Configuration Tips on the App Store. See screenshots and ...

The Promise of System Configuration - YouTube
Google Tech Talks November 5, 2008 ABSTRACT In 1993 cfengine was one of the first open source configuration management systems for Unix, and ...

IBM: The PC is the new mainframe - Apple, Configuration / maintenance, Data Center, hardware systems ...
"The PC is dead!" We've heard that message a lot since the birth of Apple's iPad, but when one of the creators of IBM's first PC added his voice ...

Cloud BI vendor Birst bags $38 million in venture funding - SaaS, Configuration / maintenance, Birst ...
Birst, a San Francisco company that offers cloud-based business intelligence services, has scored a US$38 million venture investment led by existing ...

EMC teams with Avaya (not Cisco) on communication pods - unified communications, Configuration / maintenance ...
Two stalwarts in the enterprise IT market joined forces today to release a unified communications stack that integrates hardware from EMC, virtualization ...

Qualcomm Announces Snapdragon 820 Modem Configuration
... program. While we have some information about various bits and pieces of Snapdragon 820, the real points of interest like the exact CPU configuration, ...

All configurations of Nexus 6p back in stock at Google Store
... variants. Considering the fact the Nexus 6p hasn’t been on the market very long just yet, we wouldn’t be surprised if some of these configurations ...

Killer 5-Day Deal: Free AppleCare with all early-2015 13" MacBook Pros & $119-$200 off custom configurations ...
... free plus instant discounts on all of Apple's standard early-2015 13" MacBook Pros, or save between $119 and $200 on select custom configurations ...