Parallel LZ4 and my Parallel LZO...

Hello,

I have downloaded the C version of the following compression algorithm:

http://code.google.com/p/lz4/

They say that it's the fastest, so  i have compiled it into a DLL with
mingw  to use it from FreePascal and Delphi, so i have wrote the interface
and all was working perfectly, but when i have benchmarked the parallel
LZ4 , that i have
wrote, against  my Parallel LZO algorithm ,
i have noticed that they have the almost the same speed on compression
and decompression but my Parallel LZO is
7% better on compression ratio than Parallel LZ4 , so i have decided to
not include Parallel LZ4 algorithm inside my Parallel Archiver, so if
you want to compress Terabytes files i advice you to use my Parallel LZO
algorithm with my
Parallel Archiver.

My Parallel archiver is very stable now, and you can
download it from:

http://pages.videotron.com/aminer/

Best Regards,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.

0
aminer
4/16/2013 7:46:25 PM
comp.lang.pascal.misc 1854 articles. 0 followers. eng (34) is leader. Post Follow

Parallel LZ4 and my Parallel LZO ...
Hello, I have downloaded the C version of the following compression algorithm: http://code.google.com/p/lz4/ They say that it's the fastest, so i have compiled it into a DLL with mingw to use it from FreePascal and Delphi, so i have wrote the interface and all was working perfectly, but when i have benchmarked the parallel LZ4 , that i have wrote, against my Parallel LZO algorithm , i have noticed that they have the almost the same speed on compression and decompression but my Parallel LZO is 7% better on compression ratio than Parallel LZ4 , so i have decided to ...

Parallel threads is parallel proces
Hello all, On one of our Solaris 5.10 systems we have a database running Oracle 10.2.0.3. We have parallel_max_servers set to 100. I was surprised to see that a ps -Lef shows 258 parallel threads per parallel server process. See output below. ps -ef|grep p00 oracle 20780 1 0 Sep 02 ? 776:08 ora_p007_P835 oracle 20776 1 0 Sep 02 ? 525:32 ora_p005_P835 oracle 20778 1 0 Sep 02 ? 517:40 ora_p006_P835 oracle 20784 1 0 Sep 02 ? 532:26 ora_p009_P835 oracle 20782 1 0 Sep 02 ? 531:50 ora_p008_P835 oracle 20...

Parallels or BootCamp? - -
I paid a heck of a price today for being senile. Completely messed up a backup file itself. Usually make a backup of my backup, but in this case I did not do it soon enough. Waaaah, it is going to take me months to recover from this, I had a whole bunch of stuff on that Mac. Looking at the good side of this, it forced me to make a decision I have been trying to make for over a year. Parallels or BootCamp? - - - BootCamp or Parallels? REALLY tough choice, at least for me. How one chooses depends a lot on the applications one is trying to run. I am going to switch back to usin...

USB to PARALLEL (not PARALLEL to USB)
I'm trying to connect a USB printer to a Print Server that only has a Parallel Port. I wouldn't think that combination would be so unique, but can't seem to find them anywhere. I think this cable would have a USB "B" socket plugging into the printer and the other end would be a DB25 Male socket, that plugs into the DB25 Female socket in the back of print server. Can't seem to find any adaptors or gender changers, even wireless options to accomplish this and really, really don't want to trash the print server. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Parallel in, Parallel out shift register
I am trying to synthesize and simulate a parallel shift register that keeps shifting the input data as long as the enable pin is active. entity shift_out is Port ( --Inputs clk : in std_logic; en : in std_logic; rst : in std_logic; in1 : in std_logic_vector(31 downto 0); -- Outputs shift_val : out std_logic_vector(31 downto 0) ); end entity shift_out; architecture arch of shift_out is signal shift_t1 : std_logic_vector(31 downto 0) := (others => '0'); .... process (clk, rst, in1, en) is begin if rst = '1' then shift_t1 &...

MATLAB parallel to parallel communication
Hi, I am using MATLAB to communicate between two computers using the parallel port. Right now I am having issues where either I can read or write on either computer (using digitalio and addline to add input and output lines), but I am unable to do both. I have been tinkering with the BIOS settings and it looks like the computer that is set to ECP is able to write, and the one set to EPP is able to read, but I can't write form the EPP to ECP computer. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what is the best way to configure MATLAB to read and write on both computers? Tha...

parallel while loops not running in parallel
I am collecting data from a PCI 4351 board and a 6070E board. These are connected to a TC 2190 and a BNC 2090. I do not need exact sychronization, however I do need them to collect data at different rates. Currently I am using two while loops to perform this, but they run sequentially in stead of simultaneously, that is, the second while loop waits for the first one to finish before running. Is there any way I can get these to run both at the same time instead of one after the other? Parallel Whiles.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/326678/1/Parallel Whiles.vi Your two loops are c...

Parallel
Hi Does anyone know of or where i can find or even if it is possible to find some procedures for priting to the parallel port, or even serial or USB using pascal? Dan Hi Danny, If anyone has example to do this kind of thing, the following URL should have it for sure. http://www.gdsoft.com/swag/downloads.html Look at the HTML version in the list of links to see if you find it there somewhere. -- St�phane Richard "Ada World" Webmaster http://www.adaworld.com "Danny" <dan.schofield@ntlworld.com> wrote in message news:3F755BD3.2080409@ntlworld.com... > Hi ...

What are Parallels NAT and Parallels Guest Host?
What are Parallels NAT and Parallels Guest Host? These show up every time I boot up on my System Preference Network screen. Yes, I know they have something to do with Parallels running on my Mac but why the network connection? Is Parallels monitoring what I do or is there some need to connect with their server to run virtual windows with Windows and Linux? Thank for any answers that are helpful. ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com ** In article <hasta-73692F.10193913072008@free.teranews.com>, hasta la vista <hasta@lavista.org> wrote: > What are Parallels NAT and Par...

Parallel Job inside Parallel Job
I have a monte carlo that I am currently parallelizing using the PC toolbox (each node gets an iteration of the monte carlo), however I also wish to parallelize a function inside the monte carlo using parfor. Is this possible and can I specify the number of nodes which are to handle each task? On 22/08/10 11:34 AM, Ryan Webb wrote: > I have a monte carlo that I am currently parallelizing using the PC > toolbox (each node gets an iteration of the monte carlo), however I also > wish to parallelize a function inside the monte carlo using parfor. Is > this possible and can I spec...

[ANN] parallel: simple parallel processing.
If you ever write a shell script along the lines of: some | ppieline | bash then you may be interested in my program parallel. The above line would be written as: some | pipeline | parallel 4 to perform the same task, but with 4 commands running in parallel. There is a companion program, ssh_parallel which will distribute the jobs over a number of machines (assuming you have passwordless SSH set up). Webpage: http://mi.eng.cam.ac.uk/~er258/code/index.html Download: http://mi.eng.cam.ac.uk/~er258/code/dist/parallel-1.0.tar.gz On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 01:41:16 +0000, Edward Rosten wrote: >...

About my Parallel compression library and my Parallel archiver...
.. Hello, I have downloaded Easy compression library that costs you 149$ and more... Here it is: http://www.componentace.com/ecl_features.htm And i have noticed that it supports three compression algorithms: Zlib, Bzip and PPM, and i have tried to benchmark it against my Parallel compression library and i have found that the Easy compression library with maximum level compression that is ppmMax(with PPM maximum compression level) has less compression ratio than my Parallel compression library with maximum level compression that is clLZMAMax(LZMA with maximum compressi...

serial to parallel and parallel to serial conversion
Hello, I am simulating MC-CDMA/MC-DS-CDMA(using Walsh-Hadamard code in Rayleigh fading Channel + AWGN) using Matlab/Simulink. Do anyone knows how to do the serial to parallel and parallel to serial conversion of the data? Thanks! "Mikail " <mikailidirs@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message <flmn52$d1i$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hello, > I am simulating MC-CDMA/MC-DS-CDMA(using Walsh-Hadamard code > in Rayleigh fading Channel + AWGN) using Matlab/Simulink. Do > anyone knows how to do the serial to parallel and parallel > to serial conversion of the data? Thanks! h...

About my Parallel compression library and my Parallel archiver...
.... Hello, I have downloaded Easy compression library that costs you 149$ and more... Here it is: http://www.componentace.com/ecl_features.htm And i have noticed that it supports three compression algorithms: Zlib, Bzip and PPM, and i have tried to benchmark it against my Parallel compression library and i have found that the Easy compression library with maximum level compression that is ppmMax(with PPM maximum compression level) has less compression ratio than my Parallel compression library with maximum level compression that is clLZMAMax(LZMA with maximum compression level), try it yourself and see, so my Parallel compression library and Parallel archiver are better on compression ratio. If we take a look know at the performance and scalability, my Parallel my Parallel compression library and my Parallel archiver are very fast , you can even use my Parallel archiver as a hashtable from the harddisk with O(1) access, and they can scale with the number of cores, Easy compression library can not. If we take a look at the Relibalitity, my Parallel compression library and my Parallel archiver are very stable now, and they don't take too much memory ressources. If we take a look also at the usability , my Parallel compression library and my Parallel archiver are very easy to use. My Parallel compression library supports Parallel LZMA,Parallel Bzip,Parallel LZ,Parallel LZO and Parallel Gzip compression algorithms, and m...

About my Parallel compression library and my Parallel archiver...
.. Hello, I have downloaded Easy compression library that costs you 149$ and more... Here it is: http://www.componentace.com/ecl_features.htm And i have noticed that it supports three compression algorithms: Zlib, Bzip and PPM, and i have tried to benchmark it against my Parallel compression library and i have found that the Easy compression library with maximum level compression that is ppmMax(with PPM maximum compression level) has less compression ratio than my Parallel compression library with maximum level compression that is clLZMAMax(LZMA with maximum compression level), try it yourself and see, so my Parallel compression library and Parallel archiver are better on compression ratio. If we take a look know at the performance and scalability, my Parallel my Parallel compression library and my Parallel archiver are very fast , you can even use my Parallel archiver as a hashtable from the harddisk with O(1) access, and they can scale with the number of cores, Easy compression library can not. If we take a look at the Relibalitity, my Parallel compression library and my Parallel archiver are very stable now, and they don't take too much memory ressources. If we take a look also at the usability , my Parallel compression library and my Parallel archiver are very easy to use. My Parallel compression library supports Parallel LZMA,Parallel Bzip,Parallel LZ,Parallel LZO and Parallel Gzip compression algorithms, and my ...

parallel processors connecting parallel processors
a tiny instruction set, for separating data from function reference(s), ( a representation of a hardware model dichotomization of data and function reference, separate parameter and return stack, ( PATENT PEND., "The Wheel", HoHoHE, :)) explicitly 0< AND XOR DROP OVER DUP @ ! 2* 2/ >R R> INVERT + implicitly JUMP_IF_ZERO JUMP CALL RETURN LITERAL enhanced with a second and third parameter stack, in parallel, for simulating VLIW address protect executable cache. basic machine concept link, enhanced with a second and third parameter stack along the diagonal of the N by...

About my Parallel compression library and my Parallel archiver...
... Hello, I have downloaded Easy compression library that costs you 149$ and more... Here it is: http://www.componentace.com/ecl_features.htm And i have noticed that it supports three compression algorithms: Zlib, Bzip and PPM, and i have tried to benchmark it against my Parallel compression library and i have found that the Easy compression library with maximum level compression that is ppmMax(with PPM maximum compression level) has less compression ratio than my Parallel compression library with maximum level compression that is clLZMAMax(LZMA with maximum compress...

Parallels
Today it is 2 weeks since i got my MacBook Pro, 2.33 Ghz, 2 gigs RAM. Sweet machine, that's all I can say. Decided to shell out 80 bucks for Praallels Desktop on saturday, and I chucked WinXP onto the hard drive (hermetically sealed onto a disk image, of course, I wouldn't want to defile my wonderful new computer by exposing it to raw windows binary code, now would I? ;) Summarizing: Windows XP installes very fast, the full install was done in less than 15 minutes. It boots blindingly fast, even with a fairly low CPU load (monitored via MenuMeters). WinXP registers 1 CPU inside P...

What after Parallelism?
Hi, What are the options available after Energy & Parallelism? Sincerely, Seima Rao. On Jul 16, 5:52=A0pm, Seima <seima...@gmail.com> wrote: > =A0 =A0 What are the options available after Energy & Parallelism? Parallelism is the last resort after you use up all the other ways to make a computer go faster. You can always throw more computers at the problem, the only question is if that will help. Nothing comes after energy either; the computer always has to be plugged in. I don't really understand what you mean by speaking of "energy" a...

parallelism
What is parallelism? What is the difference between hardware parallelism and software parallelism? atul_1980_sharma@yahoo.co.in wrote: > What is parallelism? When things run in straight lines equally distant from each other. > What is the difference between hardware parallelism and software parallelism? Hardware parallelism is when when the traces on your printed circuit board run equally distant from each other. Software parallelism is when your source code lines up with nice equally spaced lines and tabs. You can believe me or do your own homework. It's all up to you. On ...

About Parallelism
I have a multi-CPU machine, but I suspect my compilers may not be taking advantage of parallelism. Yes, I am doing penty of multi- threading, but how can I make sure that the implementation is actually making use of the multiple CPU's (Xeons)? As a brute-force approach, I could 'objdump' my pthreads library and study its gas code to see what happens. Is there a less tedious alternative? Thanks, Scott Scott J. McCaughrin wrote: > I have a multi-CPU machine, but I suspect my compilers may not be > taking advantage of parallelism. Yes, I am doing penty...

Boca Research Parallel and Serial/Parallel adapters
I was tromping through things looking for the Boca adapters, I saw the 88-89 full length adapters that used discrete logic and the newer ones, half length, that used higher density ICs. Image quality was not good. Old long parallel adapter is BMCP01, the newer short parallel used it as well. The old long ser/par is BMCPS2, same for newer half length. But the late parallel adapter is BOCA SSP. I am confused. ...

Parallels
With Parallels software, which I just heard of, can I load any (or most any) Windows applications to run on a Mac notebook? Would there be a problem with Mac OS upgrades-like Leopard when it comes out? My reason for asking is that I am (was?) a Windows XP user that is really twitchy about Vista but most of my apps would be DOA on a Mac and then I saw an article in Macworld about Parallels. I would like to switch to a Mac notebook but not at the price of all of my apps. -- Never hire a Ferret to do a Weasel's job Jim Higgins <gordian238@hotmail.com> wrote: > With Par...

Web resources about - Parallel LZ4 and my Parallel LZO... - comp.lang.pascal.misc

Parallel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kindle for iOS gets social sharing features, parallel downloads
... it is nevertheless nice to see Amazon take advantage of Apple’s mobile platform through integrating sharing in this way. Kindle for iOS. Parallel ...

Panasonic Introduced Its Tomato-picking Robot and Parallel Link Robot at International Robot Exhibition ...
Panasonic proposed numerous robotics solutions such as the tomato-picking robot and the parallel link robot at one of the world's largest robot ...

Charting the Parallels Between Rey and Luke Skywalker in Star Wars: The Force Awakens
[SPOILER WARNING: This article discusses plot elements from Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Do not [...]

Trust and Democracy: The Odd Parallels between Trump and Apple
... Apple in its fight against the FBI and Justice Department wouldn’t be caught dead voting for Trump. And yet Apple’s position has some odd parallels ...

‘Homeland’ Evoked Amidst School Threats In Latest Real-Life Parallel For Season 5
When New York Commissioner Bill Bratton spoke today about the email bomb threats sent to schools in the country’s two biggest cities that shut ...

Parallels Updates Remote Application Server for PCs, Macs
Parallels Remote Application Server v15 brings Windows applications and desktops to employees on any device, anywhere in the world.

No This Isn't The Dot-Com Bust All Over Again, But The Parallels Are Uncomfortable
... sign of trouble in the tech markets, both public and private. While 2016 isn't yet a carbon copy of 2000, there are some disturbing parallels ...

Parallels brings server-based desktop apps to iPhone and Android in first big update since company split ...
No one wants to work on their phone, but sometimes you just have to get something done while on the go. And the latest version of Parallels Remote ...