"Can't locate object method "PV" via package "B::SPECIAL""

When I try to use B::Lint I get the error

  Can't locate object method "PV" via package "B::SPECIAL""

Does anyone know where B::SPECIAL is defined?

TIA,

kj
kj

On Oct 20, 5:53 am, kj <so...@987jk.com.invalid> wrote:
> When I try to use B::Lint I get the error
>
>   Can't locate object method "PV" via package "B::SPECIAL""
>
> Does anyone know where B::SPECIAL is defined?
>
> TIA,
>
> kj
> --
> NOTE: In my address everything before the first period is backwards;
> and the last period, and everything after it, should be discarded.

The B-Specials: Armed, part-time section of the Royal Ulster
Constabulary. The B-Specials helped to police Northern Ireland between
their formation in 1920 to their abolition in 1969. They were replaced
by the Ulster Defence Regiment (UDR) in 1970.

I trust this is the information you require.  If not then your
original question was not specific enough.

0
Mintcake
10/20/2007 2:35:34 AM
Quoth kj <socyl@987jk.com.invalid>:

> When I try to use B::Lint I get the error
>
>   Can't locate object method "PV" via package "B::SPECIAL""
>
> Does anyone know where B::SPECIAL is defined?

It's defined, such as it is, in ext/B/B.{pm,xs} in the perl
distribution. An object of class B::SPECIAL represents one of the magic
internal Perl objects, such as the 'undef' value. It doesn't define a PV
method.

Which version of Perl, and which version of B::Lint, are you using?
There have been several updates to B::Lint recently: it might be worth
upgrading. If that doesn't help, you've found a bug; reduce it to a
*minimal* testcase and report it at rt.cpan.org.

Ben

0
Ben
10/20/2007 7:24:21 AM
In <52nou4-18c.ln1@osiris.mauzo.dyndns.org> Ben Morrow <ben@morrow.me.uk> writes:

>There have been several updates to B::Lint recently: it might be worth
>upgrading.

Thanks, that was the problem.

kj
kj