Can't locate object method "first" via package "attempt" (perhaps you forgot to load "attempt"?) at ....

"Can't locate object method "first" via package "attempt" (perhaps you
forgot to load "attempt"?) at E:\Inetpub\....\N_Clt_prf.pl line 38."I get
this error on a perl program that prints & processed a form.Program was
working until I made a simple (cosmetic) change. Could not find any
reference to this error.Could anyone our there help?Thanks.

0
GMI

"GMI" <Admin@GoMonitor.com> wrote in

> "Can't locate object method "first" via package "attempt" (perhaps you
> forgot to load "attempt"?) at E:\Inetpub\....\N_Clt_prf.pl line 38."I
> get this error on a perl program that prints & processed a
> form.Program was working until I made a simple (cosmetic) change.
> Could not find any reference to this error.Could anyone our there
> help?

Yes. There is an error in your program. perl has told you the location of
the error. Go ahead and fix it.

If you really do want others to be able to help you, you'll need to
provide a minimal script that others can run without any effort that still
exhibits the problem.

For more information on how you can help yourself, and help others help
you, please read the posting guidelines for this group.

Sinan.

--
A. Sinan Unur <1usa@llenroc.ude.invalid>

"GMI" <Admin@GoMonitor.com> writes:

> "Can't locate object method "first" via package "attempt" (perhaps you
> forgot to load "attempt"?) at E:\Inetpub\....\N_Clt_prf.pl line 38."I get
> this error on a perl program that prints & processed a form.Program was
> working until I made a simple (cosmetic) change. Could not find any
> reference to this error.Could anyone our there help?Thanks.

It's impossible to give concrete help without seeing code.

But, as a general guideline, if a program is working, then stops working
when you make a change, then logic dictates that the change you made is the
most likely cause of the problem.

Try reversing your "simple cosmetic" alteration. Does the problem go away?

sherm--
0
Sherm
6/19/2005 9:08:39 PM
GMI <Admin@GoMonitor.com> wrote:

> "Can't locate object method "first" via package "attempt" (perhaps you

> working until I made a simple (cosmetic) change.

If it broke stuff, then it was NOT cosmetic, though that may have
been your intention.

(did you leave a comment #marker# off of a comment that said "first attempt"?)

> Could not find any
> reference to this error.

Did you look it up in the manual?

   perldoc perldiag

> Could anyone our there help?

We cannot debug Perl code when we have been shown no Perl code.

If you are the only one who can see the code, then you are the one
who will have to fix it.

--
    Tad McClellan                          SGML consulting
    tadmc@augustmail.com                   Perl programming