cgi-bin/guestbook.pl

I'm getting cheesed off with the pathetic attemps from hackers trying
to find this script.
Has anyone written a simple tasty version that deletes files?
I don't think a warning would help, or should I just keep quiet and
write my own??
(If I can find the time)

James(UkJay)

0
UkJay

"UkJay" <jay@ukjay.co.uk> wrote:
> I'm getting cheesed off with the pathetic attemps from hackers trying
> to find this script.

This script being cgi-bin/guestbook.pl?  Please put the body of your
message in the body of your message.

> Has anyone written a simple tasty version that deletes files?

No.  Why would I want to respond to someone trying to hack my computer
by deleting my own files?

Xho

Usenet Newsgroup Service                        $9.95/Month 30GB
0
xhoster
8/15/2006 11:08:51 PM
UkJay wrote:

> I'm getting cheesed off with the pathetic attemps from hackers trying
> to find this script.

I'm not sure I follow. If they're pathetic attempts then why don't you
just put measures in place to stop them? A simple captcha for instance
will stop most bots.

> Has anyone written a simple tasty version that deletes files?

I try not to eat my code. Empty calories.

> I don't think a warning would help, or should I just keep quiet and
> write my own??

Huh? You need to make connections between statements.

> (If I can find the time)

Now that I don't feel the least bit of sympathy for. We all have day
jobs, except one moron who seems to have disappeared of late. Have you
tried the NMS scripts?

Matt

0
Matt
8/15/2006 11:21:51 PM
"UkJay" <jay@ukjay.co.uk> wrote in message
> I'm getting cheesed off with the pathetic attemps from hackers trying
> to find this script.

"This script" being guestbook.pl.  Where did you get guestbook.pl from?

> Has anyone written a simple tasty version that deletes files?

Deletes what files?

> I don't think a warning would help, or should I just keep quiet and
> write my own??

Write your own and come back here if you need help with specific components.

Tintin
8/16/2006 1:55:21 AM
"UkJay" <jay@ukjay.co.uk> wrote:

> I'm getting cheesed off with the pathetic attemps from hackers trying
> to find this script.

Just use mod_rewrite to return a forbidden, or to redirect the culprit to
some other location.

> Has anyone written a simple tasty version that deletes files?

They call in on your server. You really want to delete files on your
server?

> I don't think a warning would help, or should I just keep quiet and
> write my own??

Ignore it, or return a forbidden, see:
http://johnbokma.com/mexit/2005/01/11/

--
John Bokma          Freelance software developer
                                &

cgi and cgi-bin
Hi, I hope this is the correct group to post this question. I have set up a cgi bin /var/www/website/cgi-bin with some perl scripts that worked on a similar server before we took it down. Transferring the files to the new server didn't work untill we put the files in /var/www/website/cgi. For our forms to work (unless we want to rewrite every one of them) they need to be in /var/www/website/cgi-bin. Where is the configuration script to change it from cgi to cgi-bin? I am running fedora c1, apache 2 and using the cgi bin in the virtual host area of httpd.conf. Thanks, --zip zippy wrote...

Guestbook Script Lost In CGI-Bin?
I sure hope someone can help me. I have been trying to install a simple ActiveScripts guestbook for the last few weeks. My sgi-bin currently holds a bulletin board which I installed with no problem. My server OS is Linux running Perl v.5.8.1. The Perl Path is: /usr/bin/perl. I have repeately followed instructions and done the following: 1. Created "ActiveScripts" directory in cgi-bin and chmod to 777; 2. FTP'd guestbook.cgi file via ASCII & Chmod'd to 755; 3. Run Program: www.collegegrove.org/cgi-bin/ActiveScript/guestbook.cgi?action=setup. RESULT = "ER...

what's wrong calling a Perl/CGI script in Perl/CGI script under Tomcat server?
Hi all, I have small doubt, the following code works fine in Apache server. But not completely in Tomcat. Why?? ------------------------ #!C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe # hello.pl use CGI; $cgi = new CGI; print $cgi->header; printf "Hello world"; system("perl Hi.pl"); ------------------------ #!C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe # hi.pl print "Hi"; ------------------------ When I tried in Tomcat, the script prints only Hello world Why? What's wrong? kath. kath wrote: > I have small doubt, the following code works fine in Apache server. > But not completely in Tom...

How to get tclhttpd to understand perl cgi-bin?
Hi, I want to test the use of perl in cgi-bin of tclhttpd on winxp. I found an entry in lib/cgi.tcl that gave me the possibility to set the interpreter set Cgi(perl) "c:/perl/bin/perl.exe" ;# For .pl but tclhttpd reports the file test.pl as missing. I tried to rename it to test.cgi without luck. How should the header in the perl file look like for tclhttpd to understand that it should launch perl. -- Svenn Sven, Your questions regarding tclhttpd are likely to receive a more prompt response if you direct them to the tclhttpd-users mailing list: http://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/tclhttpd-users Regards, Erik Leunissen ============== svenn.are@bjerkem.de wrote: > Hi, > > I want to test the use of perl in cgi-bin of tclhttpd on winxp. I > found an entry in lib/cgi.tcl that gave me the possibility to set the > interpreter > > set Cgi(perl) "c:/perl/bin/perl.exe" ;# For .pl > > but tclhttpd reports the file test.pl as missing. > > I tried to rename it to test.cgi without luck. > > How should the header in the perl file look like for tclhttpd to > understand that it should launch perl. > -- leunissen@ nl | Merge the left part of these two lines into one, e. hccnet. | respecting a character's position in a line. ...

Perl Modules in PL/Perl functions
Hello, I want to use Mail::Sender in a PL/Perl function. In order to use the Mail::Sender module, do I simply use a 'use' statement in the function definition (i.e. "use Maile::Sender;")? Regards, Charles ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 9: the planner will ignore your desire to choose an index scan if your joining column's datatypes do not match Only if Perl has been installed as an untrusted language I believe. See http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/plperl-trusted.html On Fri, 2004-07-09 at 11:22, Haron, Charles wrote: > Hello, > > I want to use Mail::Sender in a PL/Perl function. In order to use the > Mail::Sender module, do I simply use a 'use' statement in the function > definition (i.e. "use Maile::Sender;")? > > Regards, > Charles > > > ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- > TIP 9: the planner will ignore your desire to choose an index scan if your > joining column's datatypes do not match ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 7: don't forget to increase your free space map settings ...

Perl Modules in PL/Perl functions
Hello, I want to use Mail::Sender in a PL/Perl function. In order to use the Mail::Sender module, do I simply use a 'use' statement in the function definition (i.e. "use Maile::Sender;")? Regards, Charles ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 9: the planner will ignore your desire to choose an index scan if your joining column's datatypes do not match Only if Perl has been installed as an untrusted language I believe. See http://www.postgresql.org/docs/7.4/static/plperl-trusted.html On Fri, 2004-07-09 at 11:22, Haro...

PHP as CGI script in CGI-BIN?
All: I am having problems trying to run some php scripts in cgi. I have Apache 2.0+ and PHP 4.3. Perl works fine with CGI and PHP works find as an Apache module. Whenever I attempt to run the php script through a URL with the cgi-bin, it asks if I want to open or download the file. Cgi files execute fine though. Can anyone think of anything I might be missing in any of the conf files? Included is an example of one of my php scripts. Thank you for any advice. #!/usr/bin/php -q <?php phpinfo(); ?> On Wed, 21 Sep 2005 15:24:05 GMT, cmarvelNOSPAM@nethere.com (Keith) wrote: >...

Can't execute file with .pl extension in /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin ... ?
Hi, I have installed httpd 1.3.33 on Mac OS 10.4.5 and couldn't get CGI Perl scripts to work. I found that this is not a httpd problem, but some weirdness in the directory. When I execute a Perl script e.g. "test.pl" (print "testing"; exit;) with the extension .pl in the /usr/local/apache/cgi-bin directory, the script hangs. The very same script in a different directory runs ok. When I cp the script to "test" (without the extension), it executes normally. It appears that something is preventing the execution of files with the extension .pl Is this intended...

Perl CGI
Hi, I am a newbie to Perl CGI. I am developing an application with a web front end and C language module at the backend. The interface between them is a UDP socket. I am using Perl to construct the HTML pages. Here is what I do. 1) Show a web page and accept values from the web-user. 2) When the User presses "Submit", I construct a message and send it across the UDP socket to the backend. 3) I wait for the response from the backend. If the response is an error (could be because of wrong values entered by the user), I clean up the existing page and show a new page displaying an appropriate error message. 4) When I try to show the error html page, the contents always get appended to the existing html page. 5) How can I clear a html page and display a new one? I tried print $query->end_html and followed it up with a $query->start_html. Didnt work. Please help me. Thanks. haribalram@yahoo.com (Hari) wrote in message news:<9fb02734.0401190136.736a7dee@posting.google.com>... > I am a newbie to Perl CGI. When learning several new things at once (HTTP, HTML, CGI, Perl) it may help to learn them one at a time. Your question has nothing to do with Perl or CGI. Your question has to do with HTML and the HTTP request cycle. > 4) When I try to show the error html page, the contents always get > appended to the existing html page. > 5) How can I clear a html page and display a new one? I tried print > $query->end_html and followed it ...

#!perl instead of #!/usr/bin/perl on a Unix/Apache webserver
Hi there! Can anyone help me out here. I run my CGI-scripts locally on a Windows machine. In the shebang line I put #!c:\www\Perl.exe, but it's also possible to use only #!perl. On my virtual webserver at my ISP's Unix machine I have to use #!/usr/bin/perl. The problem is that everytime I upload a script, I have to change the shebang line from Windows-mode to Unix-mode. Since the #!perl version sounds pretty universal, I was wondering whether it is possible to make some sort of link: when 'perl' is requested, Apache redirects to #!/usr/bin/perl. Or something else to accompli...

CGI: Execute a perl script inside another perl script
Hello, I am using perl scripts as CGI. What I want to do is to call another perl script where I only set environment variables (envCGI.pl). If I set these variables in my initial perl script, it works well (I get my HTML page) but if I call the other perl script, I get: [12/Jan/2005:10:43:22] failure ( 632): for host 10.70.176.104 trying to POST /surcouf.cgi, cgi_scan_headers reports: HTTP4044: the CGI program C:\Perl\bin\perl.exe did not produce a valid header (program terminated without a valid CGI header. Check for core dump or other abnormal termination). Here is my perl script: #!C:...

Convert perl/ cgi web app to standalone perl app
I have a perl/cgi web application, running on ana pache server. The web application has radiobuttons, textfields, combo boxes, submit buttons etc. I want to write a standalone perl version. Can this be done and if so how ? Thanks. learnerplates wrote: > I have a perl/cgi web application, running on ana pache server. > The web application has radiobuttons, textfields, combo boxes, submit > buttons etc. > I want to write a standalone perl version. Can this be done Yes, can't see why not. But why do you want to do it? > and if so how ? By replacing the CGI parameters wit...

File Creation Problem with CGI Scripts in Apache cgi-bin (Fedora Core 3)
Can Anyone Help me? I have an Online quiz test Program. I have written this program in C++. It creates a CGI Script that I use with Apache server putting it in cgi-bin directory and I was using this script in Linux 7.1, 7.3 and 9.0 but now I load Fedora Core 3 in my server and configure all the things needed for my program. Now the script is running and doing all the work except creating file in cgi-bin directory. Note: I have give write permission of (html) /var/www/html and (cgi-bin) /var/www/cgi-bin directory to all. But My script can't create any file in cgi-bin directory. Please ...

Recommendation for a small web framework like Perl's CGI::Application to run as CGI?
I need to make a small, relatively low-traffic site that users can create accounts on and log into. Scripts must run as cgi (no mod_python or FastCGI is available). Can anyone recommend a small and simple web framework for Python, maybe similar to Perl's CGI::Application? Or would it just be better to roll my own? > I need to make a small, relatively low-traffic site that users can > create accounts on and log into. Scripts must run as cgi (no > mod_python or FastCGI is available). Can anyone recommend a small and > simple web framework for Python, maybe similar to Perl's...

http://lists.wxwidgets.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi?8:mss:77353:200505:epejboidfhddhnhimgob
> AFAIK wxCocoa is still 'development' though it has come a long way. Yea, it hasn't changed much in the past couple years though compared to the carbon port - with Kevin and others its really taken off. You can see http://lists.wxwidgets.org/cgi-bin/ezmlm-cgi?8:mss:72674:200502:ahjoipadkfpckecdhglm for an accurate summery. I was a little harsh though, maybe due to frustration over it though - there's a lot of cocoa programmers, just not a lot who want to work on wxCocoa I guess. David's done a good job maintaining it though. Ryan --------------...

CGI perl upload
Hi, i work on perl cgi script, that upload file on server. I will heave also transfer statistics for it (so i save into extern *.txt file some information like name, size in bytes, uploded bytes (progress bar), time duration, etc...). Problem is, that file is uploded for 2 times... Here is my script: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ #!/usr/bin/perl $ROOT = $ENV{DOCUMENT_ROOT}; use CGI; my $query = new CGI; $Nazov = $query->param("Subor"); $File = $query->upload("Subor"); my ($fstats_de...

.htaccess and perl cgi
I am trying to create a generic interface that will manage various ..htaccess protected directories. In the ideal world, the .htaccess would trigger a cgi script that would take login information and store it to a file, or block access all together. For example, anytime someone logs in, the .htaccess file should direct the user name and IP address to be stored in a log file through this cgi. A cron could be scheduled to determine if the same user name accesses the site frequently throughout the day from several IP addresses, thus signifying abuse. Now, I know I can put a cgi script in the pr...

WebExplorer as Perl-CGI
Does anybody know a freeware/opensource Perl-CGI that acts like a regular file-explorer? The internet project I am working on will be hosted on a regular shared-hosting environment based on Red Hat Linux 7.3 (no root access, but own perl-cgi permitted). It requires some sort of web-based file-explorer so that users can upload and download even large files: the user browses to a certain URL, types in his passwd and can then browse in the existing files on the remote host, download them and upload new ones. That is what I am hoping for... Does anybody know a program like this? Tnx Matthias ...

guestbook.cgi :p
#!/usr/bin/perl -Tw use strict; use CGI qw/:standard escapeHTML/; use Fcntl qw/:flock/; $|++; # Config my $GUESTBOOK = '/var/www/cgi-bin/guestbook.txt'; my $TITLE = 'Guestbook'; # Title of guestbook my $MAX_MSGS = 5; # Maximum number of messages displayed my $MAX_NAME = 50; # Maximum length of name field my $MAX_EMAIL = 50; # Maximum length of email field my $MAX_COMMENTS = 300; # Maximum length of comments field # End Config # Print header print header, start_html(-title=>$TITLE, -bgcolor=>'white'), h1($TITLE); # Get action...

Problems with PERL CGI
Hi all, I am trying to compile a CGI code on webserver but unfortunately have hit some issues. For some weird reason my print messages to STDERR are been printed to STDOUT, which in this case become the webpage. Also, my new webpage seems to be working fine but if I refresh my page instead of showing the HTML text it shows me the actual code. I am not sure if above 2 problems are related but have been pulling my hair due to these for last few days. Any help or ideas on these would really be appreciated. thanks adi adi wrote: > Re: Problems with PERL CGI It's Perl, not PERL >...

Perl/CGI or PHP ?
I have some experience of Perl/CGI (always more to learn) and very little of PHP, but I understand that PHP provides a very good interface to MySQL databases via phpmyadmin. I have used this interface. As far as I can see and have cursorily read, Perl/CGI and PHP operate by different mechanisms. PHP is embedded into the HTML or XHTML pages in a similar way to Visual Basic. Perl/CGI operates by processing on the server side and producing html output as a response. Effectively one writes a perl script using CGI interface and plonks that it the cgi-bin with the right permissions set, then either access that cgi script directly or via form submission. At least that's the way I have used it. Data entered in the form can be accessed in a Perl/CGI script but I don't have any detail on how the mechanism works. I suspect that is at the HTTP/CGI/Perl interfaces. How does the same work for PHP ? If you were to start a project from scratch what would be the factors which would make you choose Perl/CGI or PHP? Are these two technologies distinct or can they be intermingled? Lesley ...

Perl, javascript and CGI
Hi, I have the following scenario in a system that we run. From a webpage using javascript I am able to invoke a *.ipl script on the server and pass parameters as well: javascript param parsing: parameters = new Object(); parameters.iw_arrArtikelIDs = arrArtikelsToExtract; callServer("test.ipl", parameters, true); *.ipl param extraction: my${cgi} = new CGI(); my $arrArtikelIDs = ${cgi}->param('iw_arrArtikelIDs'); The issue here is that arrArtikelsToExtract is a java array containing ID's that I need to process in the *.ipl script. I can't seem to get it to wo...

learning perl and cgi
Hello group, I'm interested in starting to learn Perl and CGI. I'm not having any problems with that. However, setting everything up is not clear to me. What should I do to run my CGI scripts on my computer, with my browser. I need to be able to run these CGI scripts on my own browser, so I can test what I'm doing. I'm not interested in getting and account yet, I just want to run it on my machine. Is there a way to do this, or buying an account is mandatory? Also, am I required to install Unix? (I use XP right now) I actually have zillions of questions but I'll read and...

Perl-Cgi Newbee!
Hi all and thanks in advance of any help given!. I have a perl-cgi program, and it takes data passed to it from a HTML form and processes it. The program can check to make sure the fields are filled in and are valid, but I need to check the actual e-mail address to conferm that it is one that the program is suppose to send to!, see below for better understanding!:- @myArray=(nowhere.com.uk, somewhere.com.au, somewhereelse.com.us); #yack yack yack!!! ($emailName, $emailAddress)=split(/@/, $form{$email}, 2); ________________________ the $emailName & $emailAddress are being set right, but...

Web resources about - cgi-bin/guestbook.pl - comp.lang.perl.misc

Guestbook - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A guestbook (also guest book , visitor log , visitors' book , visitors' album ) is a paper or electronic means for a visitor to acknowledge a ...

7.30/letters Guestbook Letters - The 7.30 Report
The 7.30 Report is the ABC's national flagship current affairs program. Find transcripts from the program, contact details and submit your comments ...

Why we should leave Justin Bieber alone about what he wrote in the guestbook at the Anne Frank Museum ...
He wrote: "Truly inspiring to be able to come here. Anne was a great girl. Hopefully she would have been a belieber." Writing about this causes ...

Obama signs Hall of Fame's guestbook: "Go Sox!"
Obama signs Hall of Fame's guestbook: "Go Sox!"

Justin Bieber Visits Anne Frank House, Leaves Gross Message in Guestbook
Child musician and professional Twitter trending topic, Justin Bieber has upset the world after a recent visit to the Anne Frank House. There ...

Royal Baby Guestbook - ABCNews - ABC News
Sign the Royal Baby Guestbook and give Kate and William a gift! Browse through others' gifts and messages for Kate and William's baby at ABCNews.com ...

Just opened up the guestbook at the very isolated cabin we'll be staying at for the next week... - Imgur ...
The most viral images on the internet, curated in real time by a dedicated community through commenting, voting and sharing.

Guestbook
A community where iOS developers and users can interact, share info, blog, and release the latest and greatest tweaks, hacks, and mods.

You are invited to sign the guestbook celebrating the life of Bob Barry, Jr.
OKLAHOMA CITY Even though we are saddened at the sudden loss of our friend Bob Barry, Jr., we wish to celebrate his life. His legacy was built ...

Matrix67: My Blog » GuestBook
一同学收到某纸条表白,上面写了电话号码..但是被加密了,求解.. 号码后四位保密。 151X07Y**** X=I for you Y=X+1 求问一下。。