chained operators

Hi All,

I just came across chained operators is Perl 6.  Yippee !!!

say 1 < 3 < 8;
True

say 1 < 3 < 3;
False

-T

comp.lang.perl.misc 33233 articles. 1 followers. brian (1246) is leader. Post Follow

T <T@invalid.invalid> writes:
> Hi All,
>
> I just came across chained operators is Perl 6.  Yippee !!!
>
> say 1 < 3 < 8;
> True

[rw@doppelsaurus]~#perl -E 'say 1 < 3 && 3 < 8'
1

Programming language are a bit more flexible than mathetics in this
respect because they're not restricted to 'implicit and' in this
respect.

[rw@doppelsaurus]~#perl -E 'say 3 < 1 || 3 < 8'
1

Imitating limitations of mathematics is surely nice to people with a "I
was forced to learn this shit! I don't want to learn anything else ever
again!" mindset but pretty irrelevant to all others.

There's a reason why functional language by-and-large never went
anywhere and this reason is that these people are a tiny (albeit vocal)
minority.
0
Rainer