Inline::Tcl vs. Inline::Tcl

The readme for CPAN's Inline::Tcl says this:

> This module is not related to the Inline::Tcl module, but it might be
> valuable to have some compatibility between the two.

This sentence seems to suggest that there is another module
named Inline::Tcl somewhere. Is this true, and if so, where
can I find it?
0
Mumia

Mumia W. wrote:

> The readme for CPAN's Inline::Tcl says this:
>
> > This module is not related to the Inline::Tcl module, but it might be
> > valuable to have some compatibility between the two.
> >

> This sentence seems to suggest that there is another module
> named Inline::Tcl somewhere. Is this true, and if so, where
> can I find it?

I wouldn't hold any CPAN module to high grammatical standards. It would
be silly to give your module the same name as another, so I would
either chalk it up to a brain fart on the author's part when writing
the readme, or that this module was once called something else and took
over the Inline::Tcl title.

If you searched CPAN as the readme says, you'll see what's available.

Matt

0
mgarrish (2)
8/23/2006 9:39:35 PM
"Mumia W." <mumia.w.18.spam+nospam.usenet@earthlink.net> wrote:
> The readme for CPAN's Inline::Tcl says this:
>
> > This module is not related to the Inline::Tcl module, but it might be
> > valuable to have some compatibility between the two.
> >

> This sentence seems to suggest that there is another module
> named Inline::Tcl somewhere.

You are misreading the README.txt.  Here is a more complete quote from
it:
====
Other modules that might be of interest are 'Tcl' at:
         http://search.cpan.org/search?module=Tcl
This module is not related to the Inline::Tcl module, but it might be
valuable to have some compatibility between the two.
====

The antecedent to "This module" is clearly "Tcl", not "Inline::Tcl".

> Is this true, and if so, where
> can I find it?

You can find it at the URL provided in the README,
http://search.cpan.org/search?module=Tcl

Xho

Usenet Newsgroup Service                        $9.95/Month 30GB
0
xhoster (343)
8/23/2006 10:40:06 PM
On 08/23/2006 04:39 PM, Matt Garrish wrote:
> Mumia W. wrote:
>
>> The readme for CPAN's Inline::Tcl says this:
>>
>>> This module is not related to the Inline::Tcl module, but it might be
>>> valuable to have some compatibility between the two.
>>>
>> This sentence seems to suggest that there is another module
>> named Inline::Tcl somewhere. Is this true, and if so, where
>> can I find it?
>
> I wouldn't hold any CPAN module to high grammatical standards. It would
> be silly to give your module the same name as another, so I would
> either chalk it up to a brain fart on the author's part when writing
> the readme, or that this module was once called something else and took
> over the Inline::Tcl title.
>
> If you searched CPAN as the readme says, you'll see what's available.
>
> Matt

Yes, like you, I think it was just a mistake in the readme file.

Oh well, that pie-in-the-sky that I thought was an Inline::Tcl
module that wasn't alpha software was actually just a cloud.