install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load 'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.dll' for module DBD::Oracle: load_file:The specified procedure could not be found at C:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 2

hello
i have a strange problem with DBI module.
has anyone any clue about what is wrong here?

my connection string:
---------------------
use DBI;
use DBD::ODBC;
use DBI qw(:sql_types);
use strict;
use warnings;

my $db = "something";
my $user           = 'XXX';
my $passwd         = 'XXX';
my $dbh            = DBI->connect('dbi:Oracle:XXX',
                                  $user,$passwd,
                                  {RaiseError => 1,
                                   AutoCommit => 0}) or die
$DBI::errstr;

#################
This gives the following error:
------------------------------
install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load
'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.dll' for module DBD::Oracle:
load_file:The specified procedure could not be found at
C:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
 at (eval 1) line 3
Perhaps a required shared library or dll isn't installed where expected
 at Q:\data\PIPELINE\PERL_F~1\Kg\Tools\Db\dbTest.pl line 12
####################
I am using active perl for windows. DBI worked fine before. I dont why
this happens now.

Thanks for any reactions

Feyruz wrote:
> use DBI;
> use DBD::ODBC;
<snip>
> my $dbh            = DBI->connect('dbi:Oracle:XXX',
>                                   $user,$passwd,
>                                   {RaiseError => 1,
>                                    AutoCommit => 0}) or die
> $DBI::errstr;

You're using syntax that tells the DBI module to use a DBD::Oracle
connection and there is nothing to tell DBI that it should use DBD::ODBC.

Use dbi:ODBC:XXX instead of dbi:Oracle:XXX

Graham

0
Graham
10/14/2005 12:57:06 PM
yes you are right abou that. BUT it is not the real problem.
I have an oracle database.
I have changed the perl script:

use DBI;
use strict;
use warnings;

my $user           = 'XXX';
my $passwd         = 'XXXX';
my $dbh            = DBI->connect('dbi:Oracle::XXXXX',
                                  $user,$passwd,
                                  {RaiseError => 1,
                                   AutoCommit => 0}) or "die
$DBI::errstr";

#my $sql = qq{ CREATE TABLE employees ( id INTEGER NOT NULL,
#                                       name VARCHAR2(128),
#                                       title VARCHAR2(128),
#                                       phone CHAR(8)
#                                     ) };
#$dbh->do( $sql );

$dbh->disconnect();
                    #######################

THIS STILL DOES NOT WORK.
I get  this same error:

 install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load
'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.dll' for module DBD::Oracle:
load_file:The specified procedure could not be found at
C:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
 at (eval 1) line 3
Perhaps a required shared library or dll isn't installed where expected

0
Feyruz
10/14/2005 1:42:04 PM
I really dont understand this.
I have installed the new DBD-ORACLE version 1.16. and still nothing,
the same annoying error.

I have uninstalled PERL. I have uninstalled DBI, DBD-ODBDC, DBD-ORACLE.

And then installed them all again. AND NO, IT DOES NOT WORK...

Such a simple connect string to an Oracle database shouldnt give an
errror like this???
***************************
 install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load
'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.dll' for module DBD::Oracle:
load_file:The specified procedure could not be found at
C:/Perl/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
 at (eval 1) line 3
Perhaps a required shared library or dll isn't installed where expected

*************************
What is this error all about? I think i am losing my mind

0
Feyruz
10/14/2005 2:11:53 PM
"Feyruz" <feyruzyalcin@hotmail.com> writes:

> I really dont understand this.
> I have installed the new DBD-ORACLE version 1.16. and still nothing,
> the same annoying error.
>
> I have uninstalled PERL. I have uninstalled DBI, DBD-ODBDC, DBD-ORACLE.
>
> And then installed them all again. AND NO, IT DOES NOT WORK...
>
> Such a simple connect string to an Oracle database shouldnt give an
> errror like this???
>  install_driver(Oracle) failed: Can't load
> 'C:/Perl/site/lib/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.dll' for module DBD::Oracle:
> load_file:The specified procedure could not be found at

DBD::Oracle is just a "wrapper" for the Oracle client libraries - have you
installed those?

Try this link:

<http://www.oracle.com/technology/tech/oci/instantclient/instantclient.html>

sherm--