Perl MakeMaker - how to force Perl linking with the static C library (libcrt.lib) instead of dynamic C library (msvcrt.lib)

Hi,

I'm building a Perl extension (dll in Windows XP) using
ExtUtils::MakeMaker.
This dll needs to link with other libraries that were built in static
mode (-MTd).
My perl configuration states dynamic libraries (-MD) which causes
MakeMaker to pull a dynamic C library (msvcrtd.dll).
The other libraries are using the static C library (libcmtd.lib)
These dynamic and static C libraries collide giving link errors.

Is there a way to force perl to compile with (-MTd) albeit its
configuration flags?
I tried reinstalling Perl (ActiveState perl v5.8.8 built for MSWin32-
x86-multi-thread) but didn't see an option to control the
configuration flags.
Also, my platform supports both dynamic (-MD) and static (-MTd)
builds. Does this mean that I have to maintain two versions of Perl?

Thanks,

Avner