ReFresh problem or target problem

I have CGI program which the program used to edit the information about
the question from the database. Once, I update the question, if I press
F5 or Refresh, it will load to the default frame.

I have divided the frame into 3 main parts, the top with the
information about the login name, and the left about the menu for user
to nevigate thought (Other link to call cgi files, and this frame will
load itself to the right frame), and the right frame to display
information. I also set the default frame for the right frame as well.

Anyone knows how to make my current cgi file when User click Refresh or
Press F5 it will refresh only that file within the right frame?

Remember, the CGI program are written in Perl.

0
betterdie (78)

phal wrote:
> I have divided the frame into 3 main parts, the top with the
> information about the login name, and the left about the menu for user
> to nevigate thought (Other link to call cgi files, and this frame will
> load itself to the right frame), and the right frame to display
> information. I also set the default frame for the right frame as well.
>
> Anyone knows how to make my current cgi file when User click Refresh or
> Press F5 it will refresh only that file within the right frame?

Refreshing or pushing F5 is probably not what you should let your users do.

But your question is off topic here. You'd better post it to an HTML
group or comp.infosystems.www.authoring.cgi, where it may be on topic.
Doing so would significantly increase the chance that somebody answers
who knows the topic and is inclined to help.

> Remember, the CGI program are written in Perl.

So what? Your problem is in no way related to the program in which the
CGI program was written.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
Gunnar
phal wrote:

> I have CGI program which the program used to edit the information about
> the question from the database. Once, I update the question, if I press
> F5 or Refresh, it will load to the default frame.

This sounds familiar. Isn't this the third time you have asked this
question here in the last two days? Asking repeatedly isn't going to
increase your chances of getting an answer.

> I have divided the frame into 3 main parts, the top with the
> information about the login name, and the left about the menu for user
> to nevigate thought (Other link to call cgi files, and this frame will
> load itself to the right frame), and the right frame to display
> information. I also set the default frame for the right frame as well.
>
> Anyone knows how to make my current cgi file when User click Refresh or
> Press F5 it will refresh only that file within the right frame?

I don't think the CGI program has any control over that. Isn't that
under the control of the browser? The CGI program is oblivious to what
your frameset looks like.

> Remember, the CGI program are written in Perl.

It doesn't matter. How your browser behaves has nothing to do with Perl.
0
Scott
9/15/2005 4:43:49 AM
Scott Bryce <sbryce@scottbryce.com> writes:

> phal wrote:
>
>> I have CGI program which the program used to edit the information about
>> the question from the database. Once, I update the question, if I press
>> F5 or Refresh, it will load to the default frame.
>
> This sounds familiar. Isn't this the third time you have asked this
> question here in the last two days? Asking repeatedly isn't going to
> increase your chances of getting an answer.

In fact, I'd say it *decreases* the chance. Although his/her/its behavior
in those past threads has virtually guaranteed zero chance anyway.

sherm--

Sherm
9/15/2005 4:58:22 AM
Thank you very for your explanation about this issue, it really fuck up
with the problem that I encountered, but it really a problem with perl
or both with the issue of web browser.

Phal

0
phal
9/15/2005 8:36:37 AM
"phal" <betterdie@gmail.com> wrote in news:1126773397.653860.62270
@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> Thank you very for your explanation about this issue, it really fuck up
> with the problem that I encountered, but it really a problem with perl
> or both with the issue of web browser.

Hmmm  ... please quote some context so we know what you are replying to.

You might find

perldoc -q 500

instructive.

But, then again, *PLONK*

Sinan

--
A. Sinan Unur <1usa@llenroc.ude.invalid>

phal wrote:

> Thank you very for your explanation about this issue, it really fuck up
> with the problem that I encountered, but it really a problem with perl
> or both with the issue of web browser.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with Perl. No matter what language you
use to write your CGI scripts, the browser would behave the same way.
You might try posting this question to a web authoring newsgroup and see
if they give you a different answer.
0
Scott