Replacing "RADIO" with "RADIO" NAME="1" VALUE="1", etc..

I am running code below so that "RADIO" gets replaced by "RADIO" NAME="1"
VALUE="1" etc.

Actually there are 5 RADIO buttons for each question, and the initial web
page I generate somehow dord not have NAME="1" VALUE="1", etc. after
"RADIO".  So I am using Perl to replace simple "RADIO" with "RADIO" NAME="1"
VALUE="1", "2", "3", "4", and "5" and for the choices for the problem number
2, "RADIO" NAME="2" VALUE="1", "2", "3", and so on.

The problem with code below is that it works only if RADIO button shows up
only once in a line.

If there are more than one RADIO in a line, I am getting "RADIO" NAME="1"
VALUE="1" on and on (the same value) for the rest of the line where RADIO is
found.

How is it possible for VALUE change from 1 through 5 even though RADIO shows
up in the same line??

Any help will be deeply appreciated.

$TheFile = "C:\\radio1.htm";
$count = 0;
open(INFILE, $TheFile);
open(OUT, ">>C:\\radio1out.html");
print 'Search for what?';
chomp($pat = <STDIN>);

while (<INFILE>) {

$ThisLine = $_;
             while (/$pat/g) {
             $count++;

              if ($count < 6) {
              s/"RADIO"/"Radio" Name="1" Value="$count"/g;
              }

              if ($count > 5 and $count < 11) {
              $count2 = $count - 5;
              s/"RADIO"/"Radio" Name="2" value="$count2"/g;
              }

 }
print OUT "$_";

}

0
askjinu (5)
1/15/2004 8:26:02 AM
comp.lang.perl.misc 33233 articles. 1 followers. brian (1246) is leader. Post Follow

John B. Kim wrote:
> I am running code below so that "RADIO" gets replaced by "RADIO"
> NAME="1" VALUE="1" etc.

<snip>

> If there are more than one RADIO in a line, I am getting "RADIO"
> NAME="1" VALUE="1" on and on (the same value) for the rest of the
> line where RADIO is found.
>
> How is it possible for VALUE change from 1 through 5 even though
> RADIO shows up in the same line??

<snip>

>               s/"RADIO"/"Radio" Name="1" Value="$count"/g;
----------------------------------------------------------^
Probably by removing that /g modifier.

Other things:

- You should learn how to write code with strictures and warnings enabled.

- You should check whether the open() statements succeeded.

> $ThisLine = $_;

- What's the point with that line?

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson

Gunnar

Hello Partners, How are you ? Please find the requirement below. Location : NY Duration : 8 mnths Rate :Open Job description: Java/J2EE Web Service Developer =B7 (4+ years of application development experience in Java/J2EE and Web service technologies. =B7 Experience with spring & Hibernate. =B7 Experience with J2EE Application Server (preferably Web logic). =B7 Preferable Aqua logic DSP Experience =B7 Preferable Sonic ESB Composite Service experience Experience working in UNIX environment. Good working knowledge of Oracle RDBMS and PL/SQL) Note : Please send your updated resume along with contact no to Karthik@bhaninfo.com. Thanks & Regards Karthik BhanInfo karthik@bhaninfo.com # 1572, 7 th Floor Suites, 1 Blue Hill Plaza Pearl River,NY-10965 www.bhaninfo.com ...

Definition of "shall", "should", "must", etc.
Is there a written standard anywhere that defines specification terms like "shall" and "should" and "must"? I've run into a number of projects where, in particular, "shall" / "must" / "will" are all used interchangeably. Your thoughts... "C. J. Clegg" <reply.to.newsgroup@nospam.no> wrote in message news:jbsbh19g228ne84213f8kh0uvccj5ie6sg@4ax.com... > > Is there a written standard anywhere that defines specification terms > like "shall" and "should" and "must"? > > I've run into a number of projects where, in particular, "shall" / > "must" / "will" are all used interchangeably. > When in doubt, place an explicit statement that serves to indicate the interpretation that will be used (make certain it is not inconsistent with the customers rules and regulations) > Your thoughts... C. J. Clegg wrote: > Is there a written standard anywhere that defines specification terms > like "shall" and "should" and "must"? > > I've run into a number of projects where, in particular, "shall" / > "must" / "will" are all used interchangeably. > > Your thoughts... oh ...the beauty of google and having worked in telecomms where this knowledge is an (unfortunate) must (no pun intended) http://standards.ieee.org/guides/style/section...

"ClientConn", "ClientRate" and "Connect"
Hello. Is a ratecontrol and conncontrol features not work for networks described via connect in access ? For example: -----part of /etc/mail/access----- ClientConn:192.168.1 1 ClientRate:192.168.1 1 Connect:192.168.1 RELAY ----------------------------------- -- Regards, Sergey Sergey wrote: > Is a ratecontrol and conncontrol features not work for networks described via connect in access ? > For example: > ClientConn:192.168.1 1 > ClientRate:192.168.1 1 > Connect:192.168.1 RELAY See cf/README. Connect:cyberspammer.com REJECT Connect:TLD REJECT Connect:192.168.212 REJECT would refuse mail from spammer@aol.com, any user from cyberspammer.com (or any host within the cyberspammer.com domain), any host in the entire top level domain TLD, 192.168.212.* network, >.. Hmm, for ClientConn and ClientRate it doesn't seem to be documented. The sendmail X documentation has this explanation: .... icr:10 5 Note, however, that the limits apply only to single IP addresses, they are not aggregated for nets. That is, for the example every single host in the IP net 10.x.y.z can have a maximum incoming connection rate of 5 messages per minute. -- Note: please read the netiquette before posting. I will almost never reply to top-postings which include a full copy of the previous article(s) at the end because it's annoying, shows that the poster is too lazy to trim his arti...

Is there any """Anti Stringizing operator #"""
Hi everybody:D I've a string that contains the name of a class. Some members told that I can use """Stringizing Operator (#)""", but the problem is here, that I have the string, & I want something vice- versa. As we know with """Stringizing Operator (#)""", we can get the stirng name of a class or ... str <--- #ClassA But I want to instantiate a class that I have just it's name as a string. ClassA * clsA = new ??? <--- Str ??? How can I do it? I don't want to use """HardCoding""". Thanks. babakandme@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi everybody:D > > > I've a string that contains the name of a class. > > Some members told that I can use """Stringizing Operator (#)""", but > the problem is here, that I have the string, & I want something vice- > versa. > As we know with """Stringizing Operator (#)""", we can get the stirng > name of a class or ... str <--- #ClassA > > But I want to instantiate a class that I have just it's name as a > string. > ClassA * clsA = new ??? <--- Str ??? > > How can I do it? > I don't want to use """HardCoding""". > Why all the triple quotes? It sounds like you are looking for the factory pattern. You can't instantiate a class by name dynamically in C++ lik...

Is there a "break" "continue" equivalent in the "for" or "while" statement in SKILL?
Thank you! madhero wrote, on 07/03/08 09:42: > Thank you! Not directly, but see: http://tinyurl.com/69wte8 http://tinyurl.com/6ycdbn for two related threads in this group. Regards, Andrew. ...

what is the difference between "tsu", "su" and "sudo"?
Hi all I needed to ask a question about the Linux commands used for getting root access. The question is, what is the difference between "tsu", "su", and "sudo"? I am mainly interested about the "tsu" command regarding which there seems to be very little documentation. What is the benefit in using e.g. "tsu" rather than "su"? And are there other ones besides these 3? (If yes, any pointers to a website discussing all of them would be appreciated.) Thanks in advance, JJ <santa@temporaryinbox.com> writes: >Hi all >I needed to ask a question about the Linux commands used for getting >root access. >The question is, what is the difference between "tsu", "su", and >"sudo"? Never heard of tsu. Not on my system. >I am mainly interested about the "tsu" command regarding which there >seems to be very little documentation. So for something like securly logging in why in the world would you use something for which you can find no docs? You look up the barrel of guns to see if they are loaded while you pull the trigger as well? >What is the benefit in using e.g. "tsu" rather than "su"? For something like su, I would say there is no benefit. >And are there other ones besides these 3? (If yes, any pointers to a >website discussing all of them would be appreciated.) ???? W...

"Correct" term for a 1:1 relationship between a "database" and an "instance" where > 1 such things are on the same physical server?
What is the "correct" term for a 1:1 relationship between a "database" and an "instance" where there are at least two such "things" on the same physical server? Nearly all the Oracle docs and books define a database something like the following: DATABASE - a collection of datafiles and oracle config files; useless without an "instance" to access the database. INSTANCE - a collection of background procs and memory structures, used to access a "database." Where I work, people typically call each "thing" mentioned in my Subject: line an "instance" or a "database instance." What is the "correct" term for having more than one of these "things" on the same, unpartitioned physical server? This may be splitting hairs; but when people don't or can't come to terms, confusion ensues--and that's typically a Bad Thing. I noticed, or rather a colleague of mine did, that even Tom Kyte mixes terms. In the book Expert Oracle Database Architecture (2005 edition) on page 50, in the bullet-pointed definitional paragraph for Instance, he throws the word "database instance" into the mix. A "no no" according to my colleague (don't shoot the messenger, please); because the vernacular seems to be "instance" or "database instance" for the each "thing." I like to be precise with terms, but then there are business stakehold...

Matching "Goto" for "From"
Hello, i am a newer ,this is a problem when i learn a example, when i simulated it ,there always are warnings such as: Warning: Matching "Goto" for "From" 'untitled/DC Machine/iA/source' not found. Warning: Matching "Goto" for "From" 'untitled/DC Machine/iF/source' not found. Warning: Matching "From" for "Goto" 'untitled/DC Machine/FCEM/Goto' not found. Warning: Matching "From" for "Goto" 'untitled/DC Voltage Source/Goto' not found. Warning: Using a default value of 0.02 for maximum step size. The simulation step size will be limited to be less than this value. now, i can not sovle the problem, so i need you help , thank you ! ...

gem "before" and "after" filters?

When to use "." and when to use "!"
I'm still confused about this and I can't find anywhere that explains it properly. I have the MS book "Access 2003" in front of me and I'm reading Part 5 about VB and so on. It's telling me about how to refer to a specific database and has the example:- Dim dbMyDb As DAO.Database Set dbMyDb = DBEngine.Workspaces(0).Databases(0) but, but, but, but - what do those dots (periods, full stops, call them what you will) mean? (OK, it appears to be the same usage as C/C++/Java when referring to class/structure members, but I wish it would tell me that somewhere) Why are there dots used in referring to object members in this case but when referring to controls on forms (for example) one uses "!". Surely there must be somewhere that helps one understand this basic syntax. -- Chris Green Generally, a dot exposes properties and methods and a bang (!) exposes members of a collection. So forms!frmMyForm.Visible refers to the visible property of frmMyForm, which is a member of the forms collection. What makes this harder (or easier, depending on your perspective) to grasp, is that Access has gotten more and more forgiving about using the "wrong" notation. usenet@isbd.co.uk wrote in news:44316bba.0@entanet: > I'm still confused about this and I can't find anywhere that explains > it properly. > > I have the MS book "Access 2003" in front of me and I'm reading Part 5 > about VB and so on....

"refreshdata" against "set"
Which one is better, "refreshdata" or "set"? Simply by looking at the code I've noticed that refreshdata does: 1) Finds all the properties of the object which end with 'DataSource' 2)Evaluates all of the relevant variables in the upper workspace 3) Does set(h,....) It looks like there is no advantage in using refreshdata, as it ultimately calls set, but does bunch of other operations. In my GUI, I've implemented polygon movement with both, and using directly "Set" is much smoother. Please correct me if I'm wrong. ...

Invalid use of "." "!"
In writing a sql statement I get the error "invalid use of "." "!"......... this is apparently coming because the where clause of the sql statemt refers to a combo box with sales persons names in it. All the names are listed first initial followed by a "." and last name. I am assuming the error i am getting is coming from the "." in the combo box. How do I get around the invalid use of the "." ? Thanks Never mind..... didnt have enough quotation marks. "Learning" <texson552000@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:DQELg.10308$o42.364@tornado.texas.rr.com... > In writing a sql statement I get the error "invalid use of "." "!"......... > this is apparently coming because the where clause of the sql statemt refers > to a combo box with sales persons names in it. All the names are listed > first initial followed by a "." and last name. I am assuming the error i am > getting is coming from the "." in the combo box. > > How do I get around the invalid use of the "." ? > > Thanks > > ...

"Ritual" is "MumboJumbo"
Well it looks as if Ritual has been "saved". Don't know if we'll ever get to see a SiN Episodes 2 or another Painkiller, but at least this bunch of talented people have jobs in the industry still. MumboJumbo are better known for casual games like Luxor. Let's hope they decide to branch out a bit and venture into the Action/FPS games market. Somehow I can't quite see myself getting over excited at the prospect of "Super Collapse: Episode 3- Revenge of the Orange and Blue Marbles". http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=74809 -- Rob Rob wrote: > Well it looks as if Ritual has been "saved". Don't know if we'll ever > get to see a SiN Episodes 2 or another Painkiller, but at least this > bunch of talented people have jobs in the industry still. > > MumboJumbo are better known for casual games like Luxor. Let's hope > they decide to branch out a bit and venture into the Action/FPS games > market. > > Somehow I can't quite see myself getting over excited at the prospect > of "Super Collapse: Episode 3- Revenge of the Orange and Blue > Marbles". > > http://www.bluesnews.com/cgi-bin/board.pl?action=viewthread&threadid=74809 Oh you bastard, and RIGHT on the exact same minute as me! :) "Rob" <noemailformethx@jsjsaiiowppw.invalid> wrote in message news:5rjfr2d2dhnmjmo4k74p1kl3qrhmnnpv46@4ax.com... > > W...

"eth0" vs. "eth0:1"
Hello, all. After several years running a Linux server here at my home office you'd think I wouldn't be a "newbie," but the fact is that once I get it doing what I need doing, I never really have to think about it much any more. So when I come across a basic problem, sometimes I'm just at a loss what to do, my "knowledge gap" is so wide. I have an AMD Athlon single-processor box. Eventually I plan to use it to route, but I haven't gotten there yet. Meanwhile, I have two Ethernet "adapters," one on the mainboard and one an actual adapter card. For some reason, one day when I was upgrading the system from Red Hat 8 to Red Hat 9, I found I had to fiddle somehow with the network configuration. Not recalling which card was "live," I somehow "created" a "new" device called "eth0:1", which is LIKE the old "eth0" device I used to use, but...er...worse. Now, if the machine reboots, I have to MANUALLY "activate" the ethernet card. The system is blind to the network until I do this. I cannot figure out (a) what I did to screw this up, and (b) how to get things back right again. Any insights would help. No, sorry, I do not. Please tell me more. I have not been able to find the .config files that are used to set such "aliases." Any clues? <fishbowl@conservatory.com> wrote in message news:78FWa.204101$o86.140041@news1.central.cox.net... > In article <5...

[News] [Rival] Microsoft Has "Critical", "Critical", "Critical", "Critical", "Critical", and "Critical" Flaw

need to do a string replace of "asc" to "desc" or "desc" to "asc" first occurrence only
[PHP] $orderBy = 's.app_date desc, s.last_name asc, s.first_name asc, s.mi asc'; if ($_REQUEST['willDesc']) { $ascArray = array('asc' => 'desc', 'desc' => 'asc'); // ARRAY OF ALL ORDERING POSSIBILITIES $junk = preg_match('/([\s\t]+)a|[de]sc(,?.*$)/i', $orderBy, $matchArray); $orderBy = substr($orderBy, 0, strpos($orderBy, $matchArray[1])) . ' ' . $ascArray[$matchArray[1]] . substr($orderBy, strpos($orderBy, $matchArray[1]) + strlen($matchArray[1]), strlen($orderBy)); } [/PHP] Basic premise: I have a SQL "ORDER BY" clause that will be configured like $orderBy 's value. However, the very first occurrence of "desc" might instead be "asc". If the very first occurrence is "asc", it must become "desc"; likewise, if the very first occurrence is "desc", it must become "asc". I tried Regular Expressions but the pattern failed every single time to match and replace, so I gave up and tried a string function/RegExp code combination, also to no avail. I am not sure how to make this work so I need help figuring out how to do this. Thanx Phil comp.lang.php wrote: > [PHP] > $orderBy = 's.app_date desc, s.last_name asc, s.first_name asc, s.mi > asc'; > if ($_REQUEST['willDesc']) { > $ascArray = array('asc' => 'desc', 'desc' => 'asc');...

Dijkstra's "Enumeration" = "Metrics" his "Abstraction" = "Quality"
"Enumerative reasoning is only an adequate mental tool under the severe boundary condition that we only use it very moderately. We should appreciate abstraction as our main mental technique to reduce the demands made upon enumerative reasoning." ~ EW Dijkstra This is critically decisive because Dijkstra is saying that in most *software engineering" contexts, most of the time, abstraction is key relative to "metrics", the numerical, the quantitative. It is a TOWWWEEERRRING, grand slam "home run". It is of Doug William's 3-4 perfectly pitched Super Bowl touchdowns. It is growth in insight after Dijkstra one of THE very best ran into major impasses attempting to drive development with metrics. His insight is that ABSTRACTION should "lead" the way. While there is the dialectic: metrics<=>abstraction The predominant factor to engage and lead software engineering by is "abstraction". So notation wise better: metrics<=>abstraction* And to denote analyzing or summarizing the dialectic applied in whatever context, from point 'a' to 'b': a,b{ metrics<=>abstraction* Discrete points: a,b; l,q{ metrics<=>abstraction* Have at your own meaningful fun! Elliott -- Global Plans + IID = part of an optimal approach On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 23:36:17 -0500, "Universe" <universe@tAkEcovadOuT.net> wrote: >"Enumerative reasoning is only an adequate mental tool und...

""""" AS/400 controller PERLE 494 for sale
Used PERLE 494 AS/400 controller for sale. PRICE : 400,00 euros. uzados@gmail.com +351 967443880 On Feb 28, 9:25 pm, "Uzados" <uza...@gmail.com> wrote: > Used PERLE 494 AS/400 controller for sale. > > PRICE : 400,00 euros. > > uza...@gmail.com > +351 967443880 Is this the same unit you've been trying to sell for 4 years? Just keeps adding more single quotes to the subject line :-) Regards, Richard Schoen RJS Software Systems Inc. "Providing Your....iNFORMATION NOW!" Email: richard@rjssoftware.com Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com Tel: (952) 898-3038 Fax: (952) 898-1781 Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT "Buster" <spitcher@minas.ns.ca> wrote in message news:1172725718.798152.65100@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... > On Feb 28, 9:25 pm, "Uzados" <uza...@gmail.com> wrote: >> Used PERLE 494 AS/400 controller for sale. >> >> PRICE : 400,00 euros. >> >> uza...@gmail.com >> +351 967443880 > > Is this the same unit you've been trying to sell for 4 years? > ...

=Iff(([Me]![Gender])="M","Male","Female")
Thanks in Advance! ... I have two textboxes: 1 is visible (and gets its value based on the invisible textbox and displays either "Male" or "Female", and needs to display either male of female based on the value that comes up in the tables record as "M" or "F". I tried: =Iff(([Me]![Gender])="M","Male","Female") 'the [Me] is form, [Gender] is the textbox name and this does not work. Is my syntax wrong or can I just have one box and its displayed value display "Female" if the record says "F"? Thanks! Brian When you say it doesn't work, do you mean the visible text box is empty? Or, does it display an error? Out of curiousity, why are you using two text boxes? I think it might be simpler to use a single combo box. Make its properties like so: Control Source: Gender Row Source Type: Value List Row Source: "M";"Male";"F";"Female" Column Count: 2 Column Heads: No Column Widths: 0" Bound Column: 1 This will give you a drop down list with two rows. Since the Column Count is 2, the "M" and "Male" values are the two columns for the first row and the "F" and "Female" are the two columns for the second row. Setting the Column Width to 0" means the first column will not be displayed but since it's the Bound Column, the "M" and "F" will be used as the value of...

what does "!" do here?
#define HALT __asm CLRA; __asm SWI ! {A}, {A+HX+SR}; this is from Metrowerks hidef.h to define macros for HC08 microcontroller. what does "!" do here? ...

Can I "Open "TESTFILE" For Output As #1"
Can I "Open "TESTFILE" For Output As #1" if TESTFILE is on the web and not resident on my computer? I would like to be able to read the data in a .csv file into my project, preferably without the user having to ensure the latest version of the file is downloaded onto their computer; e.g. myFile="http://www.webaddress.com/stockdata.csv" Open myFile For Input As #1 etc etc Is there a better/alternate way to achieve this aim? Any help is appreciated. TIA Treatment ensure the latest version of the file is downloaded onto their computer; See Randy Birch's site. http://vbnet.mvps.org/code/internet/urldownloadtofilenocache.htm George "TreatmentPlant" <treatmentplant@DIESPAMMERS.iinet.net.au> wrote in message news:43b24e59$0$26360$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au... > Can I "Open "TESTFILE" For Output As #1" if TESTFILE is on the web and not > resident on my computer? > > I would like to be able to read the data in a .csv file into my project, > preferably without the user having to ensure the latest version of the > file is downloaded onto their computer; > > e.g. > myFile="http://www.webaddress.com/stockdata.csv" > Open myFile For Input As #1 > etc etc > > Is there a better/alternate way to achieve this aim? > > Any help is appreciated. > > TIA George Bashore wrote: > Treatment > ensure the latest version of the fil...

Is there any way to change "formats" into "values"
Hi All, I have one question. Say there is a simple data, No X 1 Yes 2 No this Yes and No for variable X are formats (1-Yes; 0-No). Is there any function to create another variable X1 with Yes/No as character values? No X X1 1 Yes Yes 2 No No My real data are much more complicated so writing "if..then.." is last thing I will do. Any SAS functions? thanks, Vincent ...

Does "my" vs "our" explain this problem?
Greetings! I have a script that calls a module. In the script, I define a global variable using "my" and assign it a value. In the module, I use $main::myGlobal to read the global variable, and I find that it is empty. Should I define the global variable using "our" instead? mymoduletest.pl: use MyModule; my $myGlobal = "This is a global variable."; MyModule::myMethod(); MyModule.pm: sub myMethod() { print "Global variable contains $main::myGlobal\n"; } Thanks very much! RobR CedricCicada@gmail.com wrote: > Greetings! > > I have a script that calls a module. In the script, I define a global > variable using "my" and assign it a value. That is a contradiction in terms. 'my' variables, by definition, are not global. They are lexically scoped to the innermost block in which they were declared. If there is no block, they are file-scoped. > In the module, I use > $main::myGlobal to read the global variable, and I find that it is > empty. Should I define the global variable using "our" instead? 'our' is the only way to "declare" a global variable*. You did not have a global variable. You had a lexical variable. Google for "Coping with Scoping." > mymoduletest.pl: > > use MyModule; > my $myGlobal = "This is a global variable."; No, it's not. It's a lexical variable, who's scope happens to be the entire sco...

Is there a "issymbolic" or "issym" function?
Something like any of the other functions like, ischar isdouble but I need issym or issymbolic I didn't see anything in the help section. I probably just passed it over, but is there a function like this? Thanks, Nate "Nate Jensen" wrote in message <il62sh$5en$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Something like any of the other functions like, > ischar > isdouble > but I need > issym > or > issymbolic > > I didn't see anything in the help section. I probably just passed it over, but is there a function like this? > > Thanks, > > Nate syms a strcmp(class(a),'sym') %test if the variable a is symbolic > syms a > strcmp(class(a),'sym') %test if the variable a is symbolic Oh... that's how you do it. Thanks. "Nate Jensen" <natejensen88@gmail.com> wrote in message news:il62sh$5en$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Something like any of the other functions like, > ischar > isdouble > but I need > issym > or > issymbolic > > I didn't see anything in the help section. I probably just passed it > over, but is there a function like this? if exist('x', 'var') if isa(x, 'sym') disp('x is a symbolic variable') else disp('x is not a symbolic variable'); end else disp('x does not exist as a variable'); end -- Steve Lord slord@mathworks.com To contact Technical Support use th...

Web resources about - Replacing "RADIO" with "RADIO" NAME="1" VALUE="1", etc.. - comp.lang.perl.misc