Ubuntu package containing find2perl, a2p and s2p

Ubuntu stripped the regular distribution which doesn't contain the
standard utilities like find2perl,a2p and s2p. Does anyone know which
package contains those utilities? If I cannot find them, I am prepared to
scrap ubuntu and switch to Fedora, but I would rather not do that, since
it would mean a lot of unnecessary work.
Why were those packages removed from standard distribution? I am running
Ubuntu 16.10

--
Mladen Gogala
The Oracle Whisperer

On Tue, 20 Dec 2016 05:28:19 +0000, Mladen Gogala wrote:

> Ubuntu stripped the regular distribution which doesn't contain the
> standard utilities like find2perl,a2p and s2p. Does anyone know which
> package contains those utilities? If I cannot find them, I am prepared
> to scrap ubuntu and switch to Fedora, but I would rather not do that,
> since it would mean a lot of unnecessary work.
> Why were those packages removed from standard distribution? I am running
> Ubuntu 16.10

I looked on Ubuntu Packages and tried using apt-file, these utilities are
not there. Fortunately, Fedora still has them, so I will simply copy
those scripts over. Those utilities were present in Precise. Can anyone
explain why were they removed? I believe in a Hanlon's razor and do not
subscribe to conspiracy theories.

--
Mladen Gogala
The Oracle Whisperer
email.me>, Mladen Gogala wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Dec 2016 05:28:19 +0000, Mladen Gogala wrote:
>
> > Ubuntu stripped the regular distribution which doesn't contain the
> > standard utilities like find2perl,a2p and s2p. Does anyone know which
> > package contains those utilities? If I cannot find them, I am prepared
> > to scrap ubuntu and switch to Fedora, but I would rather not do that,
> > since it would mean a lot of unnecessary work.
> > Why were those packages removed from standard distribution? I am running
> > Ubuntu 16.10
>

> I looked on Ubuntu Packages and tried using apt-file, these utilities are
> not there. Fortunately, Fedora still has them, so I will simply copy
> those scripts over. Those utilities were present in Precise. Can anyone
> explain why were they removed? I believe in a Hanlon's razor and do not
> subscribe to conspiracy theories.

See:
<http://search.cpan.org/~rjbs/perl-5.24.0/pod/perl5220delta.pod#find2perl,
_s2p_and_a2p_removal>
0
Wasell
12/20/2016 10:55:13 AM
On Tue, 20 Dec 2016 11:55:13 +0100, Wasell wrote:

> On Tue, 20 Dec 2016 06:21:48 -0000 (UTC), in article <o3ailr$t1d$3@dont-
> email.me>, Mladen Gogala wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, 20 Dec 2016 05:28:19 +0000, Mladen Gogala wrote:
>>
>> > Ubuntu stripped the regular distribution which doesn't contain the
>> > standard utilities like find2perl,a2p and s2p. Does anyone know which
>> > package contains those utilities? If I cannot find them, I am
>> > prepared to scrap ubuntu and switch to Fedora, but I would rather not
>> > do that, since it would mean a lot of unnecessary work.
>> > Why were those packages removed from standard distribution? I am
>> > running Ubuntu 16.10
>>

>> I looked on Ubuntu Packages and tried using apt-file, these utilities
>> are not there. Fortunately, Fedora still has them, so I will simply
>> copy those scripts over. Those utilities were present in Precise. Can
>> anyone explain why were they removed? I believe in a Hanlon's razor and
>> do not subscribe to conspiracy theories.
>
> See:
> <http://search.cpan.org/~rjbs/perl-5.24.0/pod/
perl5220delta.pod#find2perl,
> _s2p_and_a2p_removal>