PDF::API2 - Extracting text and position from PDF file

Hello All,

I am new to PDF files so I don't really know if what I want to do is
possible and how to use the PDF::API2 modules.

I need to extract information from columns in a table ( I assume that
PDF does not know anything about tables). What I was thinking of doing
was finding the horizontal location of the header (I know what it should
be), then extract all text that starts at that location.

I have played around with the PDF::API2 module and read the 'Using
PDF::API2 - The code' help page, however it doesn't show me how to
extract information from an existing file. Could someone point me in the
right direction for some documentation or examples of how this might be
done, or if it can be done?

Thanks In Advance
Brian
0
Brian
4/17/2008 7:58:53 PM
comp.lang.perl.moderated 512 articles. 0 followers. Post Follow