Help reading PDF to get text... #2

Hi,
I need help with PDF::API2 or TEXT::PDF::* or any module which can b
used to read pdf files. I have been trying to find any other thread
which address this... but was unable to get a resolution.

I have a bunch of pdf reports which I need to read through to find
text string in any of the lines to read the report name.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.[COLOR=firebrick

-
tq_aud

comp.lang.perl.modules 4194 articles. 0 followers. jerrykrinock (6) is leader. Post Follow

Help reading PDF to get text...
Hi, I need help with PDF::API2 or TEXT::PDF::* or any module which can b used to read pdf files. I have been trying to find any other thread which address this... but was unable to get a resolution. I have a bunch of pdf reports which I need to read through to find text string in any of the lines to read the report name. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.[COLOR=firebrick - tq_aud ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.codecomments.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ...

Help reading PDF to get text... #4
Hi, I need help with PDF::API2 or TEXT::PDF::* or any module which can b used to read pdf files. I have been trying to find any other thread which address this... but was unable to get a resolution. I have a bunch of pdf reports which I need to read through to find text string in any of the lines to read the report name. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.[COLOR=firebrick - tq_aud ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.codecomments.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ...

Perl PDF modules
Hi all. I'm trying to write a Perl script which will insert text into a PDF template file and output a new PDF file. I can do this with PDF:Reuse - but I have to specify the co-ordinates for where the text should appear. What I want, instead, is to be able to replace "place-holders" in the template file with the text. Can any one suggest a Perl PDF module which will help with this? Or any other way of doing it? -- Best wishes, Geoff Wilkins GeoffW@wordsmith.demon.co.uk Hi, maybe you should look at the pdflib www.pdflib.com that is full of functions and works with per...

Help reading PDF to get text... #3
Hi, I need help with PDF::API2 or TEXT::PDF::* or any module which can b used to read pdf files. I have been trying to find any other thread which address this... but was unable to get a resolution. I have a bunch of pdf reports which I need to read through to find text string in any of the lines to read the report name. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.[COLOR=firebrick - tq_aud ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.codecomments.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ...

pdf \ text (get rid of text in pdf)

Perl PDF modules
Hi all. I'm trying to write a script which will insert text into a PDF template file and output a new PDF file. I can do this with PDF:Reuse - but I have to specify the co-ordinates for where the text should appear. What I want, instead, is to be able to replace "place-holders" in the template file with the text. Can any one suggest a Perl PDF module which will help with this? Or any other way of doing it? -- Best wishes, Geoff Wilkins GeoffW@wordsmith.demon.co.uk Geoff Wilkins wrote: > I'm trying to write a script which will insert text into a PDF template &...

Module to get text from a PDF page?
I'm looking for a Perl module that will give me the text from a page of a simple (uncompressed, unencrypted) PDF. I've found several modules on CPAN that will write text into PDFs, but nothing to get it out. The closest possibilities look like PDF::API2 and Text::PDF. I've been working with them, and they seem to be able to get at a lot of meta-information in a PDF, but unable to get at the actual text in the file. My workaround is to shell out to pdftotext to get the text, but I'd like to have a pure-perl solution if possible. Does anyone know of a module that can do thi...

Perl PDF modules
Hi all. I'm trying to write a script which will insert text into a PDF template file and output a new PDF file. I can do this with PDF:Reuse - but I have to specify the co-ordinates for where the text should appear. What I want, instead, is to be able to replace "place-holders" in the template file with the text. Can any one suggest a Perl PDF module which will help with this? Or any other way of doing it? -- Best wishes, Geoff Wilkins GeoffW@wordsmith.demon.co.uk Geoff Wilkins wrote: > Hi all. Do not multi-post! http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/crospost.html -- G...

How to read a pdf file using active perl? #2
Hi, I am trying to read a PDF file using active Perl. I tried with PDF::API2 but no use. For example - I should get the text which is on the third line of first page... or Is there any way where I can save the pdf file as a .txt file and then read the file? Please help........ Thanks, AJ johny wrote: > Hi, > I am trying to read a PDF file using active Perl. I tried with > PDF::API2 but no use. For example - I should get the text which is on > the third line of first page... > > or > > Is there any way where I can save the pdf file as a .txt file and then > r...

FAQ 2.2 How can I get a binary version of Perl? #2
This message is one of several periodic postings to comp.lang.perl.misc intended to make it easier for perl programmers to find answers to common questions. The core of this message represents an excerpt from the documentation provided with Perl. -------------------------------------------------------------------- 2.2: How can I get a binary version of Perl? If you don't have a C compiler because your vendor for whatever reasons did not include one with your system, the best thing to do is grab a binary version of gcc from the net and use that to compile perl with. CPAN ...

Re: How to be helpful, how to get help #2
thanks Peter this topic has been discussed before: tip: How to Ask (SAS-L) Questions http://www.listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0312B&L=sas-l&P=R2587&m=133 136 Ron Fehd the occasional questionner and occasional answerer or macro maven CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov ...

Reading a specific text from image file save in PDF format #2
AoA everybody ! I am working on a project in which i am reading the text from the image saved in PDF format. The text I am searching in the file is always at the same location and i am required to black that out or Wash out (remove) it form the file. Is there any way to find that specific location and place something like (********) at the desired place in image. Any help in this regards will be apprecaited. You may contact me through email : engr.hmn@gmail.com Any suggestion, I am in need of it. Warm regards, Hayat Mohammad Niazi ...

Re: help: reading in open-ended text word-by-word #2
Matt, As Jack indicated, what you are seeking is far from trivial. However, if all of your sentences are like those in your example, something like the following might come close: data want (drop=hold_word); length word hold_word $50.; retain hold_word; infile cards end=eof; input word $ @@; if _n_ eq 1 or (substr(reverse(trim(hold_word)),1,1) eq '.' and rank(substr(word,1,1)) in (65:90)) then do; count=1; sentence+1; end; else count+1; hold_word=word; word=lowcase(compress(word,'.')); cards; Siddhartha was thus loved by everyone. He w...

help!!help!! who can help me to get a rom from palm VIIx or give me some advise . #2
I lost my original rom for palm VIIx,would there has someone like to help me to give a rom for it,or give me some advise on how to find the rom. winda wrote: > I lost my original rom for palm VIIx,would there has someone like to > help me to give a rom for it,or give me some advise on how to find the > rom. How did you lose it -- were you walking down the street and one day it fell out of the handheld? I'm confused. - Logan Logan Shaw <lshaw-usenet@austin.rr.com> wrote in message news:<Ymb9b.35489$jV1.15738@twister.austin.rr.com>... > winda ...

Web resources about - Help reading PDF to get text... #2 - comp.lang.perl.modules

Economy of Reading, Berkshire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Whilst located close enough to London to be sometimes regarded as part of the London commuter belt , Reading is a net inward destination for ...

Raise a Reader: The Advertiser and Sunday Mail launch campaign to champion importance of reading - AdelaideNow ...
THE Advertiser and Sunday Mail have launched a campaign to champion the importance of reading to build a smarter Australia.

I Never Used The F-Word On This Blog... Until Reading Nick Kristof's Anti-Bernie Crap Today
Elizabeth Warren has been talking a lot lately about Bernie's issues, not because they are Bernie's issues they're her issues too but because ...

Weekend Reading: Paul Krugman (1999): Thinking About the Liquidity TRap
**Paul Krugman** (1999): [Thinking about the liquidity trap](http://web.mit.edu/krugman/www/trioshrt.html): >We live in the Age of the Central ...

UKIP former leader criticised for suggesting reading Bible in public may be illegal
A UKIP peer was heavily criticised by bishops and ministers alike for asking if it will be illegal to read the Bible out loud in public.

Apple wants to get better at reading your face
... iPhone may know you, but does it truly understand you? It may get a chance to learn. Apple has purchased a company that specializes in reading ...

Hell Yeah Buddy, It's Time For More Bad NFL Lip Reading
... to come out of the week leading up to the Super Bowl so far is the latest installment of NFL players being subjected to very bad lip-reading ...

Recommended Reading: Michael Jackson's music in 'Sonic 3'
The Michael Jackson Video Game Conspiracy Todd Van Luling, Huffington Post If you paid attention to the music in Sonic 3, you likely noticed ...

Lena Headey Deserves a Rose for Reading 'Bachelor' Insults as Cersei Lannister
Lena Headey Deserves a Rose for Reading 'Bachelor' Insults as Cersei Lannister

Watch: NFL Bad Lip Reading 2016, It’s Here And It’s Hilarious
In a tradition beginning to rival the NFL itself, the 2016 Bad Lip Reading video of the NFL hit screens all over the world today, and it’s very ...