Help reading PDF to get text... #3

Hi,
I need help with PDF::API2 or TEXT::PDF::* or any module which can b
used to read pdf files. I have been trying to find any other thread
which address this... but was unable to get a resolution.

I have a bunch of pdf reports which I need to read through to find
text string in any of the lines to read the report name.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.[COLOR=firebrick

-
tq_aud

comp.lang.perl.modules 4194 articles. 0 followers. jerrykrinock (6) is leader. Post Follow

Help reading PDF to get text...
Hi, I need help with PDF::API2 or TEXT::PDF::* or any module which can b used to read pdf files. I have been trying to find any other thread which address this... but was unable to get a resolution. I have a bunch of pdf reports which I need to read through to find text string in any of the lines to read the report name. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.[COLOR=firebrick - tq_aud ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.codecomments.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ...

Help reading PDF to get text... #4
Hi, I need help with PDF::API2 or TEXT::PDF::* or any module which can b used to read pdf files. I have been trying to find any other thread which address this... but was unable to get a resolution. I have a bunch of pdf reports which I need to read through to find text string in any of the lines to read the report name. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.[COLOR=firebrick - tq_aud ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.codecomments.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ...

Help reading PDF to get text... #2
Hi, I need help with PDF::API2 or TEXT::PDF::* or any module which can b used to read pdf files. I have been trying to find any other thread which address this... but was unable to get a resolution. I have a bunch of pdf reports which I need to read through to find text string in any of the lines to read the report name. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.[COLOR=firebrick - tq_aud ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.codecomments.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ...

pdf \ text (get rid of text in pdf)

Perl PDF modules
Hi all. I'm trying to write a script which will insert text into a PDF template file and output a new PDF file. I can do this with PDF:Reuse - but I have to specify the co-ordinates for where the text should appear. What I want, instead, is to be able to replace "place-holders" in the template file with the text. Can any one suggest a Perl PDF module which will help with this? Or any other way of doing it? -- Best wishes, Geoff Wilkins GeoffW@wordsmith.demon.co.uk Geoff Wilkins wrote: > I'm trying to write a script which will insert text into a PDF template &...

Perl PDF modules
Hi all. I'm trying to write a script which will insert text into a PDF template file and output a new PDF file. I can do this with PDF:Reuse - but I have to specify the co-ordinates for where the text should appear. What I want, instead, is to be able to replace "place-holders" in the template file with the text. Can any one suggest a Perl PDF module which will help with this? Or any other way of doing it? -- Best wishes, Geoff Wilkins GeoffW@wordsmith.demon.co.uk Geoff Wilkins wrote: > Hi all. Do not multi-post! http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/crospost.html -- G...

Module to get text from a PDF page?
I'm looking for a Perl module that will give me the text from a page of a simple (uncompressed, unencrypted) PDF. I've found several modules on CPAN that will write text into PDFs, but nothing to get it out. The closest possibilities look like PDF::API2 and Text::PDF. I've been working with them, and they seem to be able to get at a lot of meta-information in a PDF, but unable to get at the actual text in the file. My workaround is to shell out to pdftotext to get the text, but I'd like to have a pure-perl solution if possible. Does anyone know of a module that can do thi...

Perl PDF modules
Hi all. I'm trying to write a Perl script which will insert text into a PDF template file and output a new PDF file. I can do this with PDF:Reuse - but I have to specify the co-ordinates for where the text should appear. What I want, instead, is to be able to replace "place-holders" in the template file with the text. Can any one suggest a Perl PDF module which will help with this? Or any other way of doing it? -- Best wishes, Geoff Wilkins GeoffW@wordsmith.demon.co.uk Hi, maybe you should look at the pdflib www.pdflib.com that is full of functions and works with per...

Re: How to be helpful, how to get help #3
http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/How_to_ask_a_question_on_SAS-L ...

Help getting DOS 3.3 onto ][c
Hi, First off, let me thank you guys for the wealth of knowledge here and in the FAQ's! I recently (last week) go myself a complete ][c system (old peek=255) and your post ect. have been a great boon to my understanding. I wasn't lucky enough (or rich enough :) back in the 80's to have owned one of these gems....or any other computer for that matter... it wasn't till the mid 90's that I finally got a Mac, so I'm starting from ground zero on the ][c. Here's my question/dilema, I have the basic starter 5.25 floppies (Apple Intro, Mousepaint, Appleworks ect.) but I'...

Need help with strings, read text and writing text to file...
Hi all; I have writen a program to read in a list of filenmaes and to output javascript and html code. The resulting html code is then run thru a html to js program ( Easy HTML To Any Script Converter]. All this to display the pictures in a slideshow. The code did work at one stage... before I fully tested. But now I don't know whats gone wrong. As the html and javascript look right, as does the js code. There are three slide show, each with their own buttons... However some work, while others don't! #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> #include <...

FAQ 3.12 Where can I get perl-mode for emacs? #3
This message is one of several periodic postings to comp.lang.perl.misc intended to make it easier for perl programmers to find answers to common questions. The core of this message represents an excerpt from the documentation provided with Perl. -------------------------------------------------------------------- 3.12: Where can I get perl-mode for emacs? Since Emacs version 19 patchlevel 22 or so, there have been both a perl-mode.el and support for the Perl debugger built in. These should come with the standard Emacs 19 distribution. In the Perl source directory, you'...

How do I get Voice-to-Text back in my Android 4.3 for SMS texting?
All of a sudden, I lost the little microphone icon in my default SMS text application on the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 on Android 4.3. http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7373/12344496284_046d7946d1_o.png This is an important omission, since I do offline speech-to-text SMS text messages (I almost never use my fat fingers to text). To get back that offline microphone app, I suspect I need to *install* something, because it *was* there from the beginning - but now it's (suddenly) gone! But what free app do I download to get *back* that little microphone? On Thu, 06 Feb 2014 15:43:25 +0000, Danny D'Amico wrote: > But what free app do I download to get *back* that little microphone? Googling, I first thought that little microphone which is now missing in the keyboard might have originally come from "Google Voice Search": https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.voicesearch But, "Google Voice Search" is already installed, and has been installed since before I upgraded from Android 4.2.1 to Android 4.3. http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7323/12347746965_fb97022d25_o.jpg Q: What is the app that adds a microphone to the standard keyboard? On Thu, 06 Feb 2014 09:12:07 -0800, jurb6006 wrote: > I don't know if this applies to you but a friend of mine said he had that > for a time and later found out it was only a free trial and then they > wantted money. He no longer has it. We...

How to get statistics of Sequential Read and Random Read on Unix box #3
Hi, I am looking for a way to get statistics of Sequential Read and Random Read on Unix box?. Greatly appreciated If anyone gives some input on how to get those statistics using c or c++. Thanks, Naidu ...

Help me get pppoeconf on startup with SimplyMepis (version 3.4.3)
Dea All, setting the Network in the OS Center using DHCP for automatic DNS and IP and ticking the connection field on boot with a flag, each time I turn off the internet access and switch it on later on, I have to set "Adsl/PPPoE Connection" everytime. I googled in the Simply Mepis forum, and in italian newsgroups without finding a solution. As far as you know, is there a bug with the new Mepis version? If so, is there a fix, also using a script, in order to get the internet connction without setting pppoeconf everytime? The flagged field seems it doesn't properly work. I...

perl module help
I am attempting to install f-prot to give myself some free virus protection (anyone have a better free solution?). I am running Sol. 10 6/06. The install complains that the HTTP function is missing. I found it on the web and downloaded it. I know nothing about perl, and don't wish to get much into it at this point. The problem is that the f-prot install is written in perl. I can not figure out where to put the HTTP code so that the install will find it. Can anyone tell me how/where to put the code so that perl picks up on it? Thanks, Gary -- God's Blessings and love Deacon ...

How to get text from PDF?
Hi all, I have my web server bases on linux. I am working on a project for which I need to get text out of PDF file. I need to know which text belongs to which PDF page number? Is there any utility/tool that should be installed on linux and I can use it from command line in PHP through exec() or system() etc for this purpose? Please reply me urgently. Thanks in advance. On 22 Dec, 15:03, Shahid <mirzashahidmahm...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I have my web server bases on linux. I am working on a project for > which I need to get text out of PDF file. I need to know w...

Help reading Perl
New to Perl and trying to read my way through some Perl scripts. I've looked up the individual characters to find their meaning but I can't put it together. Can anyone tell me what these lines are doing to the variable? $var_in_for_loop[i] =~ s/^\?+$//; $var_in_for_loop[i] =~ s/^ +//; caelica <kyla.r.davis@gmail.com> writes: > New to Perl and trying to read my way through some Perl scripts. I've > looked up the individual characters to find their meaning but I can't > put it together. For a good intro to regular expressions, have a look at: ...

Help with pdf to text
I am trying to use the sample of code posted by thodge at ipswich dot qld dot gov dot au found here: http://au2.php.net/pdf In order to convert a PDF file to a string. I am currently trying with this document: http://www.tececo.com/files/appraisals/GlasserTecEcoAppraisal.pdf however others fail in the same fashion. Basically the file read works, since echoing $content after this point: $fp = fopen($sourcefile, 'rb'); $content = fread($fp, filesize($sourcefile)); fclose($fp); Works fine, however using echo pdf2string($sourcefile) the final result of this script is blank...

Help with Get/Read
Hi, i need help with the following lines that are executed within a loop. The nTemp variable gets the value that is scanned/typed in, but the cEBC variable doesnt get the value that is typed in... Why is this? Please help with this code snippet. much appreciated... KEYBOARD "" ; GetList:={} @ 3,0 get nTemp pict "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" read if LASTKEY()==27 .or. EMPTY(nTemp) mloop := .f. loop endif @ 5,0 get cEBC pict "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" read if LASTKEY()==27 .or. EMPT...

FAQ 3.11 Where can I get Perl macros for vi? #3 553928
This is an excerpt from the latest version perlfaq3.pod, which comes with the standard Perl distribution. These postings aim to reduce the number of repeated questions as well as allow the community to review and update the answers. The latest version of the complete perlfaq is at http://faq.perl.org . -------------------------------------------------------------------- 3.11: Where can I get Perl macros for vi? For a complete version of Tom Christiansen's vi configuration file, see http://www.cpan.org/authors/Tom_Christiansen/scripts/toms.exrc.gz , the standard benchmark fi...

How to get text from PDF?
Hi all, I have my web server bases on linux. I am working on a project for which I need to get text out of PDF file. I need to know which text belongs to which PDF page number? Is there any utility/tool that should be installed on linux and I can use it from command line in PHP through exec() or system() etc for this purpose? Please reply me urgently. Thanks in advance. Shahid wrote: > Hi all, > > I have my web server bases on linux. I am working on a project for > which I need to get text out of PDF file. I need to know which text > belongs to which PDF page number? >...

FAQ 3.11 Where can I get Perl macros for vi? #3 330684
This message is one of several periodic postings to comp.lang.perl.misc intended to make it easier for perl programmers to find answers to common questions. The core of this message represents an excerpt from the documentation provided with Perl. -------------------------------------------------------------------- 3.11: Where can I get Perl macros for vi? For a complete version of Tom Christiansen's vi configuration file, see http://www.cpan.org/authors/Tom_Christiansen/scripts/toms.exrc.gz , the standard benchmark file for vi emulators. The file runs best with nvi, the ...

text read #3
Hello I want to read a text file separted by comma which has letters and numbers any idea would be appreciated Hi! try 'textread' function. "recep mansiz" <aalmoraa@hotmail.com> wrote in message <h2saf1$org$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi! > try 'textread' function. Hi I did and it worked but too slow for large data. Thanks try 'csvread' command. it will work faster. "recep mansiz" <aalmoraa@hotmail.com> wrote in message <h2she5$h58$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > try 'csvread' command. it will work faster. ...

Web resources about - Help reading PDF to get text... #3 - comp.lang.perl.modules

Reading, Massachusetts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Coordinates: 42°31′32″N 71°05′45″W  /  42.52556°N 71.09583°W  / 42.52556; -71.09583 Coordinates : 42°31′32″N 71°05′45″W  /  42.52556°N 71.09583°W ...

Reading tea leaves: Scalia’s death gives new life to Obama’s climate plan
The sulfer-coal-burning John E. Amos Power Plant in West Virginia. (credit: Cathy ) Four days before Justice Antonin Scalia died on Saturday, ...

Watch the latest hilarious edition of celebrities reading mean tweets about themselves
... tweets about themselves in front of the camera. It's amazing, and a new installment in this ongoing series was posted recently. Continue reading... ...

6 Reasons Why People Aren't Reading Your Blog
... your way. Your content doesn't offer any value for your readers. I am like a sponge. I love to learn, and I love to absorb information. Reading ...

Weekend Reading: C. P. Cavafy: Philhellene
**C. P. Cavafy**: [Philhellene](http://crookedtimber.org/2016/01/29/we-philhellenists/): >Make sure the engraving is done skillfully. The expression ...

Lena Dunham To Play Peggy Noonan In ‘Reagan’ Black List Live Reading
EXCLUSIVE: Both are best-selling authors, both have cracked a glass ceiling or two, and both have been nominated for Emmys, but there really ...

'The Walking Dead': Andrew Lincoln Says He Felt 'Sick' After Reading Season 6 Finale Script
... the upcoming season 6 finale. The upcoming season 6 finale of "The Walking Dead" is too dark that actor Andrew Lincoln felt "sick" after reading ...

Recommended Reading: Twitter's identity crisis
What Everyone's Got Wrong About Twitter (Including Twitter) Ian Schafer, Recode Twitter's earnings dropped this week, followed by a number of ...

National Book Foundation Celebrates Innovators Of Reading Encouraging Philanthropy For More Literacy
Last week at the prestigious and illuminate Ford Foundation, the National Book Foundation held a talk and reception for Why Reading Matters: ...

CAMPUS CARRY CLASH Battle looms over Texas univ's reading of gun law
CAMPUS CARRY CLASH Battle looms over Texas univ's reading of gun law