Help reading PDF to get text...

Hi,
I need help with PDF::API2 or TEXT::PDF::* or any module which can b
used to read pdf files. I have been trying to find any other thread
which address this... but was unable to get a resolution.

I have a bunch of pdf reports which I need to read through to find
text string in any of the lines to read the report name.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.[COLOR=firebrick

-
tq_aud

comp.lang.perl.modules 4194 articles. 0 followers. jerrykrinock (6) is leader. Post Follow

Help reading PDF to get text... #3
Hi, I need help with PDF::API2 or TEXT::PDF::* or any module which can b used to read pdf files. I have been trying to find any other thread which address this... but was unable to get a resolution. I have a bunch of pdf reports which I need to read through to find text string in any of the lines to read the report name. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.[COLOR=firebrick - tq_aud ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.codecomments.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ...

Help reading PDF to get text... #2
Hi, I need help with PDF::API2 or TEXT::PDF::* or any module which can b used to read pdf files. I have been trying to find any other thread which address this... but was unable to get a resolution. I have a bunch of pdf reports which I need to read through to find text string in any of the lines to read the report name. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.[COLOR=firebrick - tq_aud ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.codecomments.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ...

Help reading PDF to get text... #4
Hi, I need help with PDF::API2 or TEXT::PDF::* or any module which can b used to read pdf files. I have been trying to find any other thread which address this... but was unable to get a resolution. I have a bunch of pdf reports which I need to read through to find text string in any of the lines to read the report name. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.[COLOR=firebrick - tq_aud ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.codecomments.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ...

pdf \ text (get rid of text in pdf)

Module to get text from a PDF page?
I'm looking for a Perl module that will give me the text from a page of a simple (uncompressed, unencrypted) PDF. I've found several modules on CPAN that will write text into PDFs, but nothing to get it out. The closest possibilities look like PDF::API2 and Text::PDF. I've been working with them, and they seem to be able to get at a lot of meta-information in a PDF, but unable to get at the actual text in the file. My workaround is to shell out to pdftotext to get the text, but I'd like to have a pure-perl solution if possible. Does anyone know of a module that can do this? Thanks, Wade ...

Perl PDF modules
Hi all. I'm trying to write a script which will insert text into a PDF template file and output a new PDF file. I can do this with PDF:Reuse - but I have to specify the co-ordinates for where the text should appear. What I want, instead, is to be able to replace "place-holders" in the template file with the text. Can any one suggest a Perl PDF module which will help with this? Or any other way of doing it? -- Best wishes, Geoff Wilkins GeoffW@wordsmith.demon.co.uk Geoff Wilkins wrote: > I'm trying to write a script which will insert text into a PDF template > file and output a new PDF file. > > I can do this with PDF:Reuse - but I have to specify the co-ordinates > for where the text should appear. What I want, instead, is to be able > to replace "place-holders" in the template file with the text. > > Can any one suggest a Perl PDF module which will help with this? Or any > other way of doing it? You could define your place-holders as form fields and use either Adobe's FDF toolkit or PDF::FDF::Simple to generate the data to plug into them. http://search.cpan.org/~schwigon/PDF-FDF-Simple-0.03/lib/PDF/FDF/Simple.pod I haven't done this, I just have a vague understanding of how PDF and FDF work together. Perhaps Adobe's Perl toolkit, documentation, tutorial on FDF can help, they are on this page (and requires a free registration to download it): http://partners.adobe.com/asn/acrobat/f...

Perl PDF modules
Hi all. I'm trying to write a script which will insert text into a PDF template file and output a new PDF file. I can do this with PDF:Reuse - but I have to specify the co-ordinates for where the text should appear. What I want, instead, is to be able to replace "place-holders" in the template file with the text. Can any one suggest a Perl PDF module which will help with this? Or any other way of doing it? -- Best wishes, Geoff Wilkins GeoffW@wordsmith.demon.co.uk Geoff Wilkins wrote: > Hi all. Do not multi-post! http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/crospost.html -- G...

Perl PDF modules
Hi all. I'm trying to write a Perl script which will insert text into a PDF template file and output a new PDF file. I can do this with PDF:Reuse - but I have to specify the co-ordinates for where the text should appear. What I want, instead, is to be able to replace "place-holders" in the template file with the text. Can any one suggest a Perl PDF module which will help with this? Or any other way of doing it? -- Best wishes, Geoff Wilkins GeoffW@wordsmith.demon.co.uk Hi, maybe you should look at the pdflib www.pdflib.com that is full of functions and works with per...

Help with pdf to text
I am trying to use the sample of code posted by thodge at ipswich dot qld dot gov dot au found here: http://au2.php.net/pdf In order to convert a PDF file to a string. I am currently trying with this document: http://www.tececo.com/files/appraisals/GlasserTecEcoAppraisal.pdf however others fail in the same fashion. Basically the file read works, since echoing $content after this point: $fp = fopen($sourcefile, 'rb'); $content = fread($fp, filesize($sourcefile)); fclose($fp); Works fine, however using echo pdf2string($sourcefile) the final result of this script is blank output. Can anyone suggest what could be the problem in the way I am using it, or another easy to use, cross platform script that will extract the text from PDF files? Entire script is copied here for easy reference (sorry but not very sure what is going wrong, i have no experiance with this): <?php function pdf2string($sourcefile) { $fp = fopen($sourcefile, 'rb'); $content = fread($fp, filesize($sourcefile)); fclose($fp); echo $content; $searchstart = 'stream'; $searchend = 'endstream'; $pdfText = ''; $pos = 0; $pos2 = 0; $startpos = 0; while ($pos !== false && $pos2 !== false) { $pos = strpos($content, $searchstart, $startpos); $pos2 = strpos($content, $searchend, $startpos + 1); if ($pos !== false && $pos2 !== false){ if ($content[$pos] == 0x0d && $co...

How to get text from PDF?
Hi all, I have my web server bases on linux. I am working on a project for which I need to get text out of PDF file. I need to know which text belongs to which PDF page number? Is there any utility/tool that should be installed on linux and I can use it from command line in PHP through exec() or system() etc for this purpose? Please reply me urgently. Thanks in advance. On 22 Dec, 15:03, Shahid <mirzashahidmahm...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I have my web server bases on linux. I am working on a project for > which I need to get text out of PDF file. I need to know which text > belongs to which PDF page number? > > Is there any utility/tool that should be installed on linux and I can > use it from command line in PHP through exec() or system() etc for > this purpose? > > Please reply me urgently. > > Thanks in advance. Oh dear, is google **again** http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=postscript+to+text&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a C. ...

plz help me how to convert php(or)html to pdf i didnt get correct solution help me please....
Hi i used fpdf class for html to pdf converter. I generated pdf but it shows without style sheet implementation and gif images are not show in generated PDF how to solve gif imge error and style sheet not applicable error... Please help me... Thank u... with regards, S.Rajkumar.. On Aug 9, 7:33=A0am, Raj Kumar <rajkumar.sa...@gmail.com> wrote: > I generated pdf =A0but it shows without style sheet implementation and > gif images are not show in generated PDF PDF an HTML are two totally different things. You can't use the CSS style sheet in PDF. With FPDF, you have to place the images at the right place yourself. Or maybe you are talking about this: http://html2fpdf.sourceforge.net/ ...

How to be helpful, how to get help
Like many people, I find SAS-L enormously helpful and informative. Many people (including me) take a lot of time to be helpful to a lot of other people (including me!). I'd like to make this time be as well-spent as possible. To that end, I wrote a page on SAScommunity about how to ask a statistics question: http://www.sascommunity.org/wiki/How_to_ask_a_statistics_question I'd like to extend that. I answer questions about statistics, and I know how easy it is to assume people know things that they don't know. I ask questions about DATA STEP and I know how easy it is to ask questions in ways that make it hard to answer them. So? What can we do? If we divide the questions on this list into groups: DATA STEP, Macro, Graphics, Statistics.... (what else?) then we have lots of experts on this list. And, through the archives, lots of questions. Some well-asked, some not so well asked. And some well-answered, and some not-so-well answered. Some answers assume knowledge or abilities that the question-writer does not have. Some answers are poorly written. Some may even be wrong. How to ask good questions? How to give good answers? I welcome any thoughts on this....and on where to develop them Peter ...

Getting help from CIWAS: help us to help you
How to get help from this group, and how to construct a minimised test case: http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/help_us_help_you.htm -- Spartanicus Spartanicus wrote: > How to get help from this group, and how to construct a minimised > test case: > http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/help_us_help_you.htm Perhaps we could call this the Jerry Maguire principle. :-) It's a nice document to be able to refer folks to. I had long thought of doing something like that, but never got around to it. Thanks for doing the work. -- Brian (remove ".invalid&q...

Perl module PDF::API2
Hi all, I'm trying to generate a PDF index file for CDs with thumb nail images and image titles. I searched CPAN and find out PDF::API2 is the right module to use. However, there isn't much documentation or examples to help me to understand how it works. I read through old topics posted to this group but haven't got any clue how to start with images. Has anybody done something similar with PDF::API2? Could anyone help me to get started? Any comments will be highly appreciated. Thank you Mei Hi Mei, I've been trying to learn PDF::API2 as well. I just bought a book(Perl Graphics Programming). There is a short chapter on PDF::API2 with simple examples. You could actually get those examples online. I will try to find the link for you. Please let me know if you've got any solutions on creating those PDF files. Lisa hu_mei@hotmail.com (mei) wrote in message news:<243028f6.0407110335.1c02eb60@posting.google.com>... > Hi all, > > I'm trying to generate a PDF index file for CDs with thumb nail images > and image titles. > > I searched CPAN and find out PDF::API2 is the right module to use. > However, there isn't much documentation or examples to help me to > understand how it works. > > I read through old topics posted to this group but haven't got any > clue how to start with images. > > Has anybody done something similar with PDF::API2? Could anyone help > me to get started? > > An...

help!help!help!help!
I am a student.I am going to make a simulation of a robot (FANUC Robot M-16iB) under the matlab\simulink environment . It is a normal 6DOF robot.I want to realize any angle and any speed (under the max speed) and any position and orientation control. As I just starting to do this new field,I have no experience about it. Can you give me some simulation demo or examples for 6DOF robot? I am very eager to get these.Please write back to me as soon as possible,thank you! Sincerely, Connie&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288;&#12288; zhanglijuan920@sohu.c...

[Reading a PDF] highlight text?
Hi, my university offers some materials as PDF only. About 300 pages. I'd rather read on my LCD than pay for a heap of print-outs. But I need to mark/highlight, maybe even annotate certain passages. I don't see a this possibility in Acrobat Reader 5 for MacOS X. Hidden somewhere? Or can I convert the PDF to .doc (Word has nice highlghting)? -- Tobias Weber Tobias Weber <towb@gmx.net> wrote: >my university offers some materials as PDF only. About 300 pages. I'd rather >read on my LCD than pay for a heap of print-outs. But I need to >mark/highlight, maybe even ...

Perl text-handling help
In the xBase languages (Clipper, FoxPro, *Harbour, etc) there is a set of functions for handling "memo" files of text. Basically, a memo is a chunk of text of any size whatever, and the functions include the ability to set the desired width of output text, find the number of lines of text in the memo (given the desired width), and get any given line of text (not simply cutting it off, but respecting word divisions including punctuation - that is, it might end a line on a ["] but not if it were [",]). This, as you can understand, is very handy for displaying or pri...

ANN: Fly Text to PDF

help reading from a text file
hi, I am using textread to read values from a text file. when i use the following command, file = textread('1.txt','%s','delimiter','\n'); file{1,1} ans = C0-3F-0E-90-EE-13 6 "NETGEAR" -63 11.75 I would want C0-3F-0E-90-EE-13,6,"NETGEAR"-63, 11.75 as a form a structure, instead of one variable. I am not sure how to use the delimiter to get the same. Can someone please help me on this. On Thursday, July 26, 2012 8:32:10 AM UTC+12, vj wrote: > hi, > > I am using textread to read values from a text file. > when i use the following command, > > file = textread(&#39;1.txt&#39;,&#39;%s&#39;,&#39;delimiter&#39;,&#39;\n&#39;); > file{1,1} > ans = > C0-3F-0E-90-EE-13 6 &quot;NETGEAR&quot; -63 11.75 > > I would want C0-3F-0E-90-EE-13,6,&quot;NETGEAR&quot;-63, 11.75 as a form a structure, instead of one variable. > I am not sure how to use the delimiter to get the same. > > Can someone please help me on this. Use textscan instead: fid=fopen('1.txt','rt'); c=textscan(fid,'%s%f%s%f%f'); fclose(fid); textscan assumes whitespace as the default delimiter c will be a cell array of your data TideMan <mulgor@gmail.com> wrote in message <5ae10137-5aaf-441e-8c49-4a6cd2f6972b@googlegroups.com>... > On Thursday, July 26, 2012 8:32:10 AM UTC+12, vj wrote: ...

Getting the Text from Image and PDF
Hi friends, This is Jan, I am new to this Group. I have a requirement here. Is there any Java API for getting the Text data from an Image and PDF formats. Please let me know the same. If anything found, please suggest me regarding them. Thanks && Regards.. Jan Jan <janreddy.sr@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi friends, > This is Jan, I am new to this Group. > I have a requirement here. > Is there any Java API for getting the Text data from an Image > and PDF formats. For reading characters from graphical data, google "ocr" (and "java") (the acronym means "optical character recognition") PDFs may contain the text directly (non-graphically), which would make extraction much easier (and not require ocr). On 02/14/2014 04:09 AM, Jan wrote: > Hi friends, > > This is Jan, I am new to this Group. > > I have a requirement here. > > Is there any Java API for getting the Text data from an Image and PDF formats. Please let me know the same. If anything found, please suggest me regarding them. > <http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#before> On Fri, 14 Feb 2014 01:09:12 -0800 (PST), Jan <janreddy.sr@gmail.com> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said : > Is there any Java API for getting the Text data from an Image and PDF formats. >Pease let me know the same. If anything found, please suggest m...

read text from pdf file
hello list!! I want to read some text from pdf files.. How can i do that using a java program.. Please give your valuable suggestions.. thanks On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 11:15:54 -0600, atishay kumar wrote (in article <1108142154.862842.285880@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>): > hello list!! > I want to read some text from pdf files.. How can i do that using a > java program.. Please give your valuable suggestions.. > thanks > PDFBox works well for this although last time I used it, it was somewhat slow. More info can be found here <http://www.pdfbox.org/> -- Bill Tschumy Otherwise -- Austin, TX http://www.otherwise.com thanks a zillion ...

where to get Active perl modules
Hi, I downloaded the active perl release und unzipped it onto a memory stick. I can now execute my perl script as desired. I wanted do download a precompiled version of the module Rec::Descent, which I can also find on the Active perl web site under http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Modules/ I did also find Parse::RecDescent http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Modules/dist_html?dist_id=9430 but I see only documentation, but no place where I can download the library. Is it possible to donwload single packages and unzip them wherever I like to unzip them (on the memory stick such, that I...

how could i get perl module in unix?
i'm a stater in Perl. when wrote the code use LWP 5.64 an error occured. NCS+ wrote: > i'm a stater in Perl. A great place to start is here: <http://learn.perl.org> Also, if you haven't done so already, please read the posting guidelines for this group. They appear here frequently. > when wrote the code > > use LWP 5.64 > > an error occured. Naturally - that's not how you use "use". Have a look at the docs for the function you're using: perldoc -f use The questions of how to get modules, how to find out what ones you ...

Web resources about - Help reading PDF to get text... - comp.lang.perl.modules

Reading education in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reading education is the process by which individuals are taught to derive meaning from text. Government-funded scientific research on reading ...

Crystal Palace v Reading score, result, video highlights, goals - Fox Sports Fox sports
Cabaye opened the scoring from the penalty spot in the 85th minute after Jake Cooper was sent off for fouling Yannick Bolasie. Substitute Campbell ...

Crystal Palace v Reading score, result, video highlights, goals
... goals by Yohan Cabaye and Fraizer Campbell have given Socceroos skipper Mile Jedinak’s Crystal Palace a 2-0 victory at second-tier club Reading ...

"For hours, the protesters — about two dozen in total — parked their cars in the middle of the road ...
"... and 'Must Stop Trump," and chanting 'Trump is hate.' Traffic was backed up for miles, with drivers honking in fury. Protesters were also ...

(Late) Weekend Reading: Jeffrey Edleson on Sexual Harassment Here at Berkeley Edition
**Jeffrey Edleson**: [A Dean’s Reflection on Campus Sexual Misconduct Cases](http://blogs.berkeley.edu/2016/03/13/a-deans-reflection-on-camp ...

Ad shows women reading Trump negative comments - CNNPolitics.com
... Republican group looking to block GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump from the nomination is going on-air with an ad showing women reading ...

Melissa McBride Couldn't Speak After Reading The Walking Dead Season 6 Finale
The Walking Dead season six finale is going to be a mighty big, nasty pill to swallow.Several cast [...]

Yeelight is smart, colorful and perfect for reading
Lust List: Yeelight by ipegtop Most smartbulbs I’ve tried only let me use my iPhone to change the color of the bulb and to turn it off and on. ...

Recommended Reading: Olivia Munn on why we're all nerds now
Putting on Her Game Face Connie Guglielmo, CNET Olivia Munn plays Psylocke in the upcoming X-Men: Apocalypse movie and CNET caught up with the ...

A Clever New Strap Brings EKG Readings to the Apple Watch
Apple had big plans for its Apple Watch before it launched last year but had to scrap many of its more forward-thinking features , including ...