Parallel::Simple

I just finished coding, testing, and documenting a module that I've
written for CPAN.  I wanted to get some feedback here on it before I
upload it.

This is my first CPAN module ever, so please feel free to tear it
apart.
I'll take feedback on anything - design, code style, pod style, doc
effectiveness, and especially bugs.

Here is a link to it:

        http://ofernave.com/pm/Simple.pm

After some polishing it up, I'll write some tests for it and package it
up in
the standard CPAN module format before uploading it.

Thanks!

-ofer

0
ofer (9)
2/26/2005 6:25:38 AM
comp.lang.perl.modules 4194 articles. 0 followers. jerrykrinock (6) is leader. Post Follow

ofer@netapt.com wrote:

>         http://ofernave.com/pm/Simple.pm

Thanks for the initiative!

I'm a user of Parallel::ForkManager. Could you please explain how your
module differs from Parallel::ForkManager?

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
noreply13 (371)

Changes can be viewed in the same place as before:

http://ofernave.com/pm/

0
ofer (9)
2/28/2005 1:01:06 AM
ofer@netapt.com wrote:
> I have now added executive summaries of the Parallel::ForkControl,
> Parallel::ForkManager, and Parallel::Jobs to the SEE ALSO section of my
> POD documentation.
>
> Changes can be viewed in the same place as before:
>
> http://ofernave.com/pm/

Thanks for those descriptions of other similar modules. They are
probably sufficient to lead the prospective user to the 'right' choice.

I leave it to others to comment on the code; I know too little about
forking to be able to say anything useful, which is why I appreciate
that there are modules to help me out... ;-)

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
noreply13 (371)