PDF::API2 - Extracting text and position from PDF file

Hello All,

I am new to PDF files so I don't really know if what I want to do is
possible and how to use the PDF::API2 modules.

I need to extract information from columns in a table ( I assume that
PDF does not know anything about tables). What I was thinking of doing
was finding the horizontal location of the header (I know what it should
be), then extract all text that starts at that location.

I have played around with the PDF::API2 module and read the 'Using
PDF::API2 - The code' help page, however it doesn't show me how to
extract information from an existing file. Could someone point me in the
right direction for some documentation or examples of how this might be
done, or if it can be done?

Thanks In Advance
Brian
comp.lang.perl.modules 4194 articles. 0 followers. jerrykrinock (6) is leader. Post Follow

Web resources about - PDF::API2 - Extracting text and position from PDF file - comp.lang.perl.modules

Local Measure addresses the importance of extracting value from Big Data
There are many opportunities surrounding the Big Data space and if businesses milk the value from all the data they’ve got, it can change the ...

Dentist deregistered after extracting teeth and performing root canal work without patients’ consent
A DOWN-in-the-mouth dentist who extracted wisdom teeth and performed root canal work on patients without their consent has been deregistered ...

Extracting the digital
Alexa Moses tries to make sense of the Resfest digital film festival. - Sydney Morning Herald Online

Shy bidders' tactics make extracting bids almost as painful as dental work
Shy bidders' tactics make extracting bids almost as painful as dental work

Brookfield 'ruthless' in extracting infrastructure profits, says CBH
The nation's biggest grain exporter CBH Group has thrown its weight behind concerns by farmers over Brookfield's $8.9 billion proposed takeover ...

Companies extracting B.C. groundwater for free
Several groups are calling on the province to tighten groundwater laws as B.C. is the only jurisdiction in Canada that does not charge major ...

Extracting info: Why’s it so hard to get the goods on oil spills?
It can be tough to get a good sense of how safe Alberta’s oil industry is when you can’t access the information you need.

Krugman on extracting a price for intellectual dishonesty
Just a small point, but with it I want to make a larger one. ■ The small point is about Paul Krugman and his slow path to calling out his professional ...

When Oil Isn’t Worth Extracting
... the point at which energy resources become too costly to take out of the earth: We’ll never run out of any fossil fuel, in the sense of extracting ...

Revenge is ours: extracting energy from a cockroach
... inside it to use it as a mini-electricity generator. Now, I hate cockroaches as much as anyone, and there is a certain satisfaction in extracting ...