the script hangs up when i try to send mail with attachments using MAIL::Sender...???

As said in the topic...
when i try to send an e-mail message using Mail::Sender the script hangs up
before execution of

$sender -> OpenMultipart(...);

don't know what to do... when i run my script without any files attached it
works but with them it doesn't ....
Bob

comp.lang.perl.modules 4194 articles. 0 followers. jerrykrinock (6) is leader. Post Follow

OK, I've dealed with the problem by myself...
It's the clue:
While using Mail::Sender never manipulate $/ and $\ variables....
the script will hang up every time...
BoB
kenzo_@gmx.de

U�ytkownik "Robert Trzaskowski" <robert@hoffmanowa.pl> napisa� w wiadomo�ci
> As said in the topic...
> when i try to send an e-mail message using Mail::Sender the script hangs
up
> before execution of
>
> $sender -> OpenMultipart(...);
>
> don't know what to do... when i run my script without any files attached
it
> works but with them it doesn't ....
> Bob

Perl module to send mail with Attachments
I have been using Mail::Sendmail for sending emails, but sending attachments as described on http://alma.ch/perl/Mail-Sendmail-FAQ.html#attachments looks kind of messy. Is there a better module with methods such as add_attachment( $filename, $mimetype, $body ) or some such. Thanks. i Ignoramus13980 <ignoramus13980@NOSPAM.13980.invalid> writes: > I have been using Mail::Sendmail for sending emails, but sending > attachments as described on > > http://alma.ch/perl/Mail-Sendmail-FAQ.html#attachments > > looks kind of messy. Is there ...

using Mail::Sender to send email with attachment
Hello, I am using perl on a Windows XP workstation. I need to use a perl script to send out an email with a html body and a pdf attachment. I was able to use the following code to send out an email with html body successfully, but I can't seem to add the attachment. when I tried the Attach method, both the html and pdf showed as attachment. Does anyone have an example on how to do this using Mail::Send? (I tried MIME::LITE and got an error - "'sendmail' is not recognized as an internal or external command ...". maybe Windows doesn't support MIME::LITE? ) Any sugg...

using a remote smarthost to send mail from a perl script
I have a perl script on a low-powered machine and I want to send mail from the machine by relaying the outgoing mail through a remote SMTP server (that I've paid for, of course, not an open relay :) ). I've tried searching for things like "perl" "use a smarthost" but I've been unable to find anything relevant. Are there any code samples showing how to do this? On 2007-06-01, Bennett wrote: > I have a perl script on a low-powered machine and I want to send mail > from the machine by relaying the outgoing mail through a remote SMTP > server (that I&#...

Send mail script step
I have a file CLASSES with the classes of a school and a file STUDENTS with the students of the shool. The two files are related with the Class_ID field. I have a layout with the data from one record of the CLASS file and a portal showing all the students in that class. I want to use a script to sent e-mails to all the students in that class (assuming that there is a e-mail address field in students file). If I use the "Use all Recordn in found set" flag the mail is sent to all the studends of the school and not only to the students of that class. If I use "Use the current rec...

pls help me when i sent mail, it vil sending twice instead of once ,am using java.mail,am sending my code....
Every thing is working fine but it sending message twice instead of once. in the Forget.jsp page am accepting username or email <struts-config.xml> <form-beans> <form-bean name="forgotUname" type="org.apache.struts.validator.DynaValidatorForm"> <form-property name="userName" type="java.lang.String" /> <form-property name="email" type="java.lang.String" /> </form-bean> </form-beans> <action-mappings> <action path="/Forgot" name="forgotUname" type=&q...

i am getting error while sending mail using mail() function
i am getting following error. Warning: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at "smtp.gmail.com" port 465, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in D:\LUGUBA\root\site\temp5.php on line 8 i have done the following (1) in php.ini file SMTP = smtp.gmail.com smtp_port = 465 sendmail_from = kathlal.panjabi@gmail.com (2) i am sendig mail using mail() function and i am passing only defaulst arguments to,subject,body is it enough to send a mail or something is missing?? and do not i need to give password of my above email address kathlal.panjabi@gmail.com thxs for help in advance....... vishal wrote: > i am getting following error. > > Warning: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at > "smtp.gmail.com" port 465, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting > in php.ini or use ini_set() in D:\LUGUBA\root\site\temp5.php on line 8 > I think it's very nlikely that Gmail will allow relaying, although you should be able to send to your own account. Port 465 is for SMPTS (i.e. SSL wrapped SMTP) C. *** vishal wrote/escribi� (6 Apr 2005 02:35:56 -0700): > SMTP = smtp.gmail.com > smtp_port = 465 > sendmail_from = kathlal.panjabi@gmail.com Gmail's SMTP server only allows encrypted connections; it also requires a username and password. I don't think that mail() function can do such a job. You should find a diffe...

can't send mail using mail()
hello, i am new to sending mail with php. the first function i tried is the mail(). when i passed the required parameters (to, message,subject), the apache error log said that the parameters are uninitialised. but the parameters already had value. do you know what is wrong? thank you fasisi wrote: > hello, > > i am new to sending mail with php. the first function i tried is the > mail(). when i passed the required parameters (to, message,subject), > the apache error log said that the parameters are uninitialised. but > the parameters already had value. > > do you know what is wrong? > > thank you Sorry, my crystal ball is broken. I can't see your code. Try posting your code so we can see what might be wrong. -- ================== Remove the "x" from my email address Jerry Stuckle JDS Computer Training Corp. jstucklex@attglobal.net ================== On Mar 16, 8:14=A0pm, Jerry Stuckle <jstuck...@attglobal.net> wrote: > fasisi wrote: > > hello, > > > i am new to sending mail with php. the first function i tried is the > > mail(). when i passed the required parameters (to, message,subject), > > the apache error log said that the parameters are uninitialised. but > > the parameters already had value. > > > do you know what is wrong? > > > thank you > > Sorry, my crystal ball is broken. =A0I can't see your code. > > Try posting your code so we can s...

how to send mail using shell script??
Hi all, I am writing a program in C in which I need to read email addresses from a file and mail the program to those email addresses. Is this doable using shell script??? any help would be much appreciated. Thanks, Ambika I don't think anyone here would want to help you send spam. On 1 Feb 2005 16:42:36 -0800, "ambs.tech@gmail.com" <ambs.tech@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I am writing a program in C in which I need to read email addresses > from a file and mail the program to those email addresses. Is this > doable using shell script??? any help would...

Problem with sending mail using perl
While trying to use this simple unix command to send mail using perl #!/usr/bin/perl my $output =`echo Mailbody | mail afahad@VSNL.com`; I am facing a strange issue where "afahad@VSNL.com" gets converted to "afahad.com@LocalHost.Local" and the mail is sent to it. Could some one throw pointers to get rid of the issue. The above unix code works perfectly well when executed separately and send mail to afahad@VSNL.com Thanks in Advance, Fahad On Sep 5, 11:12 am, Kimi <shafa.fa...@gmail.com> wrote: > While trying to use this simple unix command to send mail using perl > > #!/usr/bin/perl > my $output =`echo Mailbody | mail afa...@VSNL.com`; > > I am facing a strange issue where "afa...@VSNL.com" gets converted to > "afahad....@LocalHost.Local" and the mail is sent to it. Could some > one throw pointers to get rid of the issue. > > The above unix code works perfectly well when executed separately and > send mail to afa...@VSNL.com > > Thanks in Advance, > Fahad Put a "\" in front of the "@" #!/usr/bin/perl my $output =`echo Mailbody | mail afa...\@VSNL.com`; On Sep 5, 8:14 pm, Benoit Lefebvre <benoit.lefeb...@gmail.com> wrote: > On Sep 5, 11:12 am, Kimi <shafa.fa...@gmail.com> wrote: > > > While trying to use this simple unix command to send mail using perl > > > #!/usr/bin/perl > > my $output =`echo Mailbody | mail afa...@VSN...

i am trying send mail in java script
hi to all, i am trying this way...any one can help me... function initMail(form) { text = "Check out this page: " + window.location; form.message.value + " (" + form.to.value + "):\n\n" + form.sendto.value + " (" + form.to.value + "):\n\n" + text + "\n\nYour Friend,\n" + form.sendername.value + "(" + form.senderemail.value + ")"; return (form.to.value != ""); form name=emailform method=post action="mailto:you@yourdomainname.com" help me in this panda.lopamudra@gmail.com wrote: > hi t...

Sending Mail with Attachments using Sockets
Using Sockets (fsockopen, fputs, fgets, etc.) I'm able to interact with an SMTP server to send mail. However, do you know the steps necessary in order to send a file attachment as well? (Note, if you need GNU tools to help achieve this task, note that I have RH9 Linux.) Hello, On 08/06/2004 11:51 AM, Google Mike wrote: > Using Sockets (fsockopen, fputs, fgets, etc.) I'm able to interact > with an SMTP server to send mail. However, do you know the steps > necessary in order to send a file attachment as well? You may want to try this class for composing and sending messages that comes with support adding as many attachments as you want and may send the messages via the mail() function or SMTP using a specialized sub-class: http://www.phpclasses.org/mimemessage -- Regards, Manuel Lemos PHP Classes - Free ready to use OOP components written in PHP http://www.phpclasses.org/ PHP Reviews - Reviews of PHP books and other products http://www.phpclasses.org/reviews/ Metastorage - Data object relational mapping layer generator http://www.meta-language.net/metastorage.html ...

sending mail using Unix mail program from Sicstus Prolog
Forgive me if this is a newbie question. I am looking for a simple way to send email using sicstus prolog. The closest thing that i have found to a solution is using system() to access the Unix mail command. The problem that i am having is coming up with a way to specify the command in a dynamic way. I need to pass system() an atom, if i am not mistaken, but i don't know how to do it. I am looking for something like: mail(Subject, Recipient, Body) :- system('mail -s Subject Recipient <Body'),!. So, my question is, how do i generate the command to pass to system? Sincerely, ...

Re: how to send mail using shell script??
I don't think anyone here would want to help you send spam. On 1 Feb 2005 16:42:36 -0800, "ambs.tech@gmail.com" <ambs.tech@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I am writing a program in C in which I need to read email addresses > from a file and mail the program to those email addresses. Is this > doable using shell script??? any help would be much appreciated. > Thanks, > > Ambika ...

Can't send mail using Mail.app, but can with Thunderbird
Hello, I am having one heck of a time, and it's killing me. I am new to the world of OS X but am adapting well, with one exception - Mail. Here's the deal. Using Thunderbird, I can send mail out with password authentication. I can send it via port 25 normally or via port 465 via SSL. I can also telnet to port 25 and see the standard email connection, and I can even fake it out using the proper sequence of commands. I can telnet to port 465, although since that's SSL I can't easily fake key negotiation or anything like that - but, it does establish a connection. However, Mai...

Want mercury mail server to send mails using user defined smtp
How do I setup mercury mail server to use some other smtp to deliver mails. Background: My ISPs IP addresses (set of ips) are registered as spam sending and hence all mails sent using this ip bounces back. So I have purchased smtp services and want mercury mail to use that smtp to send mails. Thanks. Samir Cybersurf (India) yaaru wrote: > I have purchased smtp services and want mercury mail to use that > smtp to send mails. > Use the MercuryC SMTP Relay Client Module. -- Regards, Guy <URL:http://guysalias.batcave.net/pgpkeys.txt> [Updated: 4/29/2004] ...

Want mercury mail server to send mails using user defined smtp
How do I setup mercury mail server to use some other smtp to deliver mails. Background: My ISPs IP addresses (set of ips) are registered as spam sending and hence all mails sent using this ip bounces back. So I have purchased smtp services and want mercury mail to use that smtp to send mails. Thanks. Samir Cybersurf (India) [POSTED TO comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE] In <fc389f33.0408060513.55cac989@posting.google.com> on 6 Aug 2004 06:13:37 -0700, samir@cybersurfindia.com (yaaru) wrote: >[SNIP] Per the newsgroup charters, please post Mercury questions in comp.mail.pegasus-mail.misc -- Best regards, John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/> WinPMail helpers (PGP/URLPROXY/NsProto/AdrCSV) available on my Home Page ...

sending mail otherthan mail()
Hello everyone, My server admin has blocked the mail() due to some spam problems. I need to send emails using php. Can anyone guide me to the best method of sending emails using php without using mail(). If there is any tweak to be done at the server level I will be able to convince the admin. The server has linux Enterprice edition 3 with php 4.3.11 and cpanel/whm. Please guide me to the method and i will be able to collect other information about it from google. Thanks Jaunty Edward smilesinblues@gmail.com wrote: > My server admin has blocked the mail() due to some spam problems. I > need to send emails using php. Can anyone guide me to the best method > of sending emails using php without using mail(). So getting an alternative to mail() will simply circumvent the "antispam fix". On unix, mail() is nothing more than a wrapper to a local sendmail program, on win32 it's a wrapper that communicates to a smtp daemon. So either you can do yourself (exec()/sockets) or use on of the classes to be found on the usual sites (phpclasses/hostscritps)... Thank daniel, are you saying that if i will use classes like libmail. I will be able to send emails using php. I don't know what the server admin is going to do with the spam problem. But will I be able to send emails using classes. Thanks once again. Jaunty smilesinblues@gmail.com wrote: > are you saying that if i will use classes like libmail. I will be able > to send emails using php....

Can't send attachments using Mail
E-mail attachments are not getting sent, they head to the outbox after I click Send. Then I'd get a message that read: "This message could not be delivered and will remain in your outbox until it can be delivered. Sending the message context to the server failed." I've been using the same G4 laptop and mail app for over a year, and never encountered a problem until two days ago. I can't even send attachments through my dsl provider's mail website, Verizon Netmail. However, Verizon, my dsl provider, was able to send me an attachment by logging in to my account, usin...

How to send mail using php script on Windows XP?

Scheduling the mail sending attachments using PL/SQL
Hi I need to send an updated select statement by email from PL/SQL. This should be automated process. I am able to send email from PL/SQL but not sure how to schedule this as automated process. also can any one help me how to send attachments using pl/sql mails. Thanks HK "HK" <harikishan.b@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1154012222.258354.121930@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... > Hi I need to send an updated select statement by email from PL/SQL. > This should be automated process. I am able to send email from PL/SQL > but not sure how to schedule this as automated process. also can any > one help me how to send attachments using pl/sql mails. > > Thanks > HK > Use the dbms_jobs package. Jim Jim Kennedy wrote: > "HK" <harikishan.b@gmail.com> wrote in message > news:1154012222.258354.121930@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... >> Hi I need to send an updated select statement by email from PL/SQL. >> This should be automated process. I am able to send email from PL/SQL >> but not sure how to schedule this as automated process. also can any >> one help me how to send attachments using pl/sql mails. >> >> Thanks >> HK >> > Use the dbms_jobs package. > Jim If in 9i the DBMS_SCHEDULER package if in 10g. -- Daniel A. Morgan University of Washington damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond) Puget Sound Oracle Users Group www.psoug.org ...

Sending file attachment to G-mail and Yahoo using Hotmail
I sent a music file mp3 e-mail attacment using Hotmail which is about 5 megs. in size. After I sent it to both my G-mail and Yahoo as a Bcc: I checked the e-mails. The size attached file in G-mail is 34K it plays a few seconds of the song, but Yahoo is correct about 5 megs. in size. Is G-mail altering the attached file? How come it is less in size? Something is not right altering the size in G-mail. Thanks. Bun Mui zhong wrote: > > I sent a music file mp3 e-mail attacment using Hotmail which is about 5 > megs. in size. > > After I sent it to both my G-mail and Ya...

Sending Scheduled mails using lotus script or formula language
Hi ppl, I am using lotus notes 6.5. I need to schedule mails that is to be sent using lotus script(LS) or formula language(FL).Precisely , i need to set a date and time when the mail is to be sent using LS or FL. The time when the mail is to be sent is present in a field of a document. I need to capture this time and send out a mail.Can anyone help me out with this? Thanks and regards. kimi "kimi" <mraghu83@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1193730899.392006.270390@e9g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Hi ppl, > > I am using lotus notes 6.5. I need to ...

howto run perl script (windows) to send mail with lotus notes
Using lotus notes mail, how can write perl script for windows to send 3 attacment, could you please show me howto -- Posted via http://dbforums.com ...

Web resources about - the script hangs up when i try to send mail with attachments using MAIL::Sender...??? - comp.lang.perl.modules