font method -option font

hi

is there a method that checks if a certain widget responds to a certain
-option ?

or actually my question could also be

what is an easy way to change the font in an entire application ?

i thought this was where the money was:

perl application.pl -font "Monaco 12"

but nothing happens
  , and i haven't mentioned the word -font in application.pl

so my questions remain

thank you

Johan
5/6/2004 1:15:15 PM
comp.lang.perl.tk 4721 articles. 0 followers. pharrendorf (19) is leader. Post Follow

Font and Font CE
In many programs, installed fonts are appearing twice in the font menu, once as "font" and once as "font CE". What's the story behind this? (OS 10.2.8) Stefan In article <bp8jas$300$1@newshispeed.ch>, Stefan <stefan@mus._INVALID_.ch> wrote: > In many programs, installed fonts are appearing twice in the font menu, > once as "font" and once as "font CE". What's the story behind this? (OS > 10.2.8) You've enabled something about Central European input (perhaps a Polish or Estonian keyboard). The CE fonts are the o...

perl-tk fonts with linux
Hello, I am trying to use the unicode font "STIXGeneral.otf" with Perl-Tk (since I am making a math word processor). In order to test this font, I have written a small HTML file and a small Perl-Tk script (see below) and used them with the following results : -- the HTML file works very well with Windows Vista and Linux Ubuntu (better with Linux since it displays the &#1F000; character) -- the Perl-Tk script works very well with Windows Vista, but very bad with Linux Ubuntu (the characters are either ugly, or displayed with another font). Why is Perl-Tk ...

Fonts and/or Font Book
Is there a way to "resolve duplicates" on a machine wide or disk wide or even folder basis rather than on a particular font folder one? -- dorayme In article <doraymeRidThis-9B2294.10351702052007@news-vip.optusnet.com.au>, dorayme <doraymeRidThis@optusnet.com.au> wrote: > Is there a way to "resolve duplicates" on a machine wide or disk > wide or even folder basis rather than on a particular font folder > one? FontDoctor X -- I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end. - Margaret Thatcher In article <01052007194430...

seeking information to set font and font size for tk messagebox
I am looking for a method to set the font and font size for tk messagebox. There is no switch for doing this. I am wondering about the database that is used to set widget configure values such as: option add *Menu.*activeBackground #004e98 80 Is there any way to set the options for tk messagebox. On Windows tk messagebox is using the Window font and font size, and I assume on linux it also is using an operating system font and font size. I would like to set the font size for my application. ...

Re: font problem with Perl/Tk
On Apr 14, 2004, at 9:54 PM, Bernard Giroux wrote: > I searched the archives about this, but... > > I'm writing a small Perl/Tk application in which I use the symbol font > to display greek letters. This script runs fine under linux, but the > symbol characters do not display correctly under Apple's X11 (I rather > have bitmap letters). xlsfonts gives me > > xlsfonts | grep symbol > -adobe-symbol-medium-r-normal--0-0-100-100-p-0-adobe-fontspecific > -adobe-symbol-medium-r-normal--0-0-75-75-p-0-adobe-fontspecific > -adobe-symbol-mediu...

Fonts, antialiasing, perl-tk and Debian
Hi, I spent some time on figuring that one out, so I will just write a few words here in case anyone else has the same problem. In a standard Debian or Ubuntu installation, perl-tk programs look awful. All fonts are scaled bitmaps, and it looks terribly. Most of the "normal" fonts accessible in other program groups are not available. Using Canvas is a pain in the neck, because many fonts (like Helvetica or Arial) are substituted with Nimbus Sans. In short, it doesn't look serious and is on the verge of not being usable for anyone but the perl-tk program author. F...

help with font error: "Could not find/open font when opening font arial, using internal non-scalable font"
Hello, I have installed gnuplot on our cluster, and am seeing the above message when I try to run the following script. Can someone please educate me? :-) Thanks! set term png set output '| display png:-' # cool trick plot sin(x) with lines Setting the term font does not help: set term png font arial 14 size 800,600 Also, according to https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/opentsdb/iVXcPyy5e9I, I should be able to use the liberation fonts, which I have found in usr/share/fonts/liberation rcook@rzgpu2 (gnuplot): ls /usr/share/fonts/liberation Liberatio...

Re: font problem with Perl/Tk #2
Steve Lidie <sol0@lehigh.edu> writes: >On Apr 14, 2004, at 9:54 PM, Bernard Giroux wrote: > >> I searched the archives about this, but... >> >> I'm writing a small Perl/Tk application in which I use the symbol font >> to display greek letters. This approach is "ok" for Tk800 which doesn't do Unicode. For Tk804 although I think core tk's weird font fallback scheme should find Greek glyphs in a symbol font you are probably better off installing Greek fonts. (e.g. 8859-7 -*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-7 Many Japanse...

WVW Hello world with 2 fonts or 2 font sizes of same font
could anyone write a small Hello World using more then 1 font or more sizes then one. I cant figure this one out. Thanks Yon ...

Japanese fonts / font-conversion / saving Fonts in certain formats (on mac)
Hello, I today found out how to use input of japanese symbols on the Mac OS-X. It's nice and easy, but the TextEditor does not save in formats I'm looking for. Useful would be either UTF-8, or (what I'm looking for especially) SJS. The latter is a format that is used in Japan and pTeX also can read SJS-encoded japanese fonts. pTeX is a certain TeX-variant, that is used especially in japan. What I'm looking for is a program that either can be used to select japanese fonts from amenue and/or keyboard an save them in different font formats, or a program that can convert from on...

using font generator setvar(font groups, new font name)
I'm trying to determine if you have to create a font for each version and size of the font being used. Ie. Do I have to create seperate fonts for: Courier New, Bold, size 8 and Courier New, italics, size 8 or can I just create one for Courier New size 8 and it recognize it? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you. -Halina ...

Did font mapping changed in Perl-TK 804.027?
Hi, I have some application that worked for me in a number of version of SuSE Linux and HP-UX. But now on openSuSE 10.2 (perl-Tk-804.027) I have a problem. I'm using cyrillic font in menus and text widgets. My encoding is koi8-r (not Unicode). The code below worked properly before I switched to 10.2. $Fnt = $MW->X11Font('-cronyx-courier-medium-r-normal--17-120-100-100-m-90-koi8-r'); ($Fnt) || die "Can't find cyrillic font\n"; $MF = $MW->Frame(-relief => 'ridge', -bd => 2); $MF->pack(-side => 'top', -anchor => '...

how to display a telugu font in list box of perl/tk
Hi all, i need to display a telugu font in listbox..can anyone having any idea regarding that... Here is sample code #!/usr/bin/perl use Tk; use Tk::LabFrame; my $mwindow =3D MainWindow->new; $mwindow->title("$title"); $mwindow->geometry("1200x850+10+5"); $mwindow->resizable(0,0); my @dist_names =3D ('{=D6M=E9M=E6=FC$=E2=E6=FDm ','=D1f=C4=E6=FD$=AF=E8=FEV= =E6=FC=C6=E6=FFm','=D1=D4=E9Q'); my $mw =3D $mwindow->Frame()->pack( -side =3D> 'top', -anchor=3D>'center'); my $lb1=3D$mw->La...

Can't get [font -underline] and [font -overstrike] to work (Tk 8.5.7)
Hello all, I can't get any font displayed as underlined or overstrike[*]. I'm using Tk 8.5.7 under Linux (SuSE 11.0). What could be wrong? Are others experiencing the same? (the font chooser at http://wiki.tcl.tk/3896 can display all the available fonts for you if you wish). Thanks in advance, Erik Leunissen [*] B.t.w. what's the correct spelling for the past participle associated with "overstrike"? -- leunissen@ nl | Merge the left part of these two lines into one, e. hccnet. | respecting a character's position in a line. On Oct 4, 10...

What are nil2 fonts and cursor fonts
Hi, When I run Xterm I get a message saying that it cannot convert nil2 fonts to fontstructure. What are nil2 fonts ?. I see it in Xterm.ad. Also another related question is what is cursor fonts ?. Thanks for your help. Regards Kanchan ["Followup-To:" header set to comp.os.linux.x.] On 18 Jun 2005 18:35:14 -0700, v_kanchan@yahoo.com staggered into the Black Sun and said: > When I run Xterm I get a message saying that it cannot convert nil2 > fonts to fontstructure. What are nil2 fonts ?. I see it in Xterm.ad. In "man xterm" , the Resources s...

Web resources about - font method -option font - comp.lang.perl.tk

The Options Insider - Options Trading Strategies, Learn about Options, Options Education
IB Options Brief: Research In Motion Ltd. (RIMM), Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (VRTX) & Barrick Gold Corp.

Option (finance) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In finance , an option is a contract which gives the owner the right, but not the obligation, to buy or sell an underlying asset or instrument ...

GST treasure chest is the lazy option
Paul Keating's sage advice is timely. Health and education, once the envy of other countries, have been so mismanaged by successive state governments ...

Morrison's tax reform unit meets MPs as Turnbull signals early election a live option
... and will hold a series of meetings with at least a dozen MPs in the coming week as the governments works on a range of tax reform options.

As it happened: Prime Minister says double dissolution election is a 'live option'
Malcolm Turnbull has told his party room that a double dissolution election is a possibility if the Senate does not pass legislation to reinstate ...

China's debt-riddled economy running out of options, says RBA
China's teetering debt-plagued economy poses the single biggest threat to Australia's recovery, warns the Reserve Bank of Australia, which remains ...

Pocket’s latest update adds customization options for Premium subscribers
... can now choose between 7 beautiful new reading fonts, and fine-tune their reading layout with custom margin width and line-height spacing options. ...

Apple's rumored 4" iPhone to launch with hot pink color option, report says
Apple is working on three different color options for the launch of its much-rumored 4-inch iPhone, including a version closer in hue to a hot ...

iPhone 5se rumored to launch with pink color option, along with Silver and Space Grey
A pair of reliable sources have pegged March 15 as the date when Apple will introduce a trio of new products, including an iPhone 5se, an iPad ...

Microsoft Windows Mobile options - Business Insider Deutschland
Microsoft sold just 50,000 phones a day last quarter — the same amount Apple sold in an hour — and it's unclear where the company is going.