Postscript and PDF-Files

Hi Folks,

is there any module or other possibilty to convert postscript-files
generated by the postscript-method of the canvas-widget into a pdf-file
???

Thanks

0
Pit
8/10/2004 9:55:18 AM
comp.lang.perl.tk 4721 articles. 0 followers. pharrendorf (19) is leader. Post Follow

Pit wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> is there any module or other possibilty to convert postscript-files
> generated by the postscript-method of the canvas-widget into a pdf-file
> ???
>
> Thanks

You may use the ps2pdf program included in the ghostscript package from
alladin software or a windows one called pdfwriter (search google for both)
depending on the platform you use.
rgds

--
Johnny "gandalf" Brasseur  (http://www.perlone.org)

0
Johnny
8/10/2004 11:23:01 AM
"Pit" <pharrendorf@am-soft.de> wrote in message news:<cdbf1016496a1a7a338aa7e19860fc72@localhost.talkaboutprogramming.com>...
> Hi Folks,
>
> is there any module or other possibilty to convert postscript-files
> generated by the postscript-method of the canvas-widget into a pdf-file
> ???

There's the ps2pdf program which comes with the ghostscript distribution.

Regards,
    Slaven
0
slaven
8/10/2004 4:34:25 PM
thanks

but i've another question. in the canvas I placed some image- and
widget-items. these items aren't convert into the postscript-file ?

can you help me ?

Pit

0
Pit

postscript file and pdf file
Dear Sir: On web if I need to download an ariticle, most of them are pdf files, which I can open it through acroread program. Ocassionally, there are postscript files(ps files). I noticed the size of a ps file is very big, while pdf file is small. I am curious why some people use ps files, not pdf files. I know that it is very easy to use ps2pdf, pdf2ps to change between them. I am just wondering if there is any advantage for using postscript files. By the way, for printing a postscript file, the printer needs to be a postscript printer, right? Thank you very much. Best Regards, Xia...

print PDF file from command line to postscript file
How do I print a PDF file from the command line so that: 1. It prints only page 34 and nothing else. 2. Prints page 34 to a PostScript called "34.ps" I would like to script this so that I can run it from an VT100 terminal. In article <b184cb3d.0404221743.7730ed01@posting.google.com>, luther wrote: > How do I print a PDF file from the command line so that: > > 1. It prints only page 34 and nothing else. > 2. Prints page 34 to a PostScript called "34.ps" > > I would like to script this so that I can run it from an VT100 terminal. ...

A PDF into a FM file then save as pdf... how to have alll the pages of the included pdf file
FM 7.2 We can import a complete PDF file as an object into a framemaker file. Then when we try to generate a pdf from this framemaker file, we have only the firts page of the pdf imported. Is there a method to import a pdf file and force FM to generate a pdf file with save as... with the complete pdf file inserted into the padf ? > We can import a complete PDF file as an object into a framemaker file. Then > when we try to generate a pdf from this framemaker file, we have only the > firts page of the pdf imported. > > Is there a method to import a pdf file...

Merge pdf files into one pdf file
Hi I am looking for a script that can automatically merge a serie of 'pdf' files into one 'pdf' file. I know about the "Insert pdf file" option in adobe, but I have about 30 'pdf' files, and need a more automatic solution. Today I am merging several "ps" files into one "pdf" file by using the script below. Is there a similar script for pdf files. Any software that solves this? Any help is appreciated! Gisle Rong Script: %! % PostScript program for distilling and combining multiple PostScript files. % When embedding font subsets, it is ...

Where to find free software to convert PDF file to Postscript file in Solaris 8
Hello, Is there any free download-able Solaris 8 program to convert PDF file to PostScript file ? Something similiar to the pre-packaged "pdftops" program under /usr/ sfw/bin in Solaris 10. Thanks, Bill underh20.scubadiving@gmail.com writes: >Is there any free download-able Solaris 8 program to convert PDF file >to PostScript file ? >Something similiar to the pre-packaged "pdftops" program under /usr/ >sfw/bin in Solaris 10. Thats part of the xpdf package. You can get that from Blastwave.. underh20.scubadiving@gmail.com wrote: > Hello, > > I...

perl module to convert a postscript image file to a jpeg/gif/xpm file
Hi, Is there any perl module to convert a postscript file to a jpeg or gif format. I create the postscript file from a canvas object which dumps the display of the canvas to the postscript file. I thought of using WinPhoto to save it in an xpm format but then again I did not know how to save the non visible portions of the window into the xpm file. I thought there might be some modules available for the conversion but couldnt find any out there. Or if there is a way to save the canvas image (both visible and invisible parts) to a suitable file then it would be great for me to use. ...

How to FIX the pdf files generated from postscript files which were made with latex etc long time ago
How to FIX the pdf files generated from postscript files which were made with latex etc long time ago ? Dear Friends, Many years ago I had a few files that were downloaded from the internet. I think they were pdf files made using ps files which in turn were from some dvips type utility and that came from dvi .... Those pdf files showed very dim or bad fonts, although they printed well. I remember someone sent me a method to fix it. I vaguely remember that it involved some kind of ghostscript or gs based line. Would any of you, experienced people, be able to give me some idea on the fix ? ...

Linux Perl-TK -> Win32 Perl-Tk
I've got an app that I wrote in Perl-Tk for Linux (Redhat) that I would like to run on my Win32 laptop. I am not interested in dual-booting this laptop but would like to get the app up an running. I'm a perl-Tk hack at best. What is the best/easiest way to port the application? thanks, Mike On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 03:01:21 +0000, Michael Seningen wrote: > I've got an app that I wrote in Perl-Tk for Linux (Redhat) that I would > like to run on my Win32 laptop. > > I am not interested in dual-booting this laptop but would like to get > the ap...

Batch converting of PDF files into searchable PDF files
Hello Group We need to convert about 500 multipage non-searchable PDF files into searchable PDF files. The original PDFs just contain the scanned documents and we plan to run them through an OCR program which will afterwards save them back in the PDF format. It seems that Omnipage 12 Pro Office edition would be able to do the job but Omnipage 12 Standard, which is much less expensive, seems to have many of the same features. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find a resource which lists the exact differences between the two programs. For now we'd require only one or two licences...

How to: split 1 pdf file to 2 pdf files?
I have a problem with a file that I retrieve off www.catholic-forum.com/bulletins/511.pdf . Once each month they create the 511.pdf file with an attached Parish Calendar page. The Parish Bulletin page is in 'Portrait' sizing while the attached Parish Calendar page is in 'Landscape'. I try to retrieve this one file and using Frontpage on my PC attempt to publish the pdf file to my online web. I do NOT want the online web User to have to scroll to the left to see the Bulletin or the Calendar. I have Acrobat Reader 7.0 on my PC and would like to save the www.catholic-forum....

split one pdf file into multiple pdf files
Hi I am in urgent need of code for spliting one pdf file into multiple pdf files based on a particular condition. An guidance going about writing code for this problem would be really helpful. Thanks, Suparana Hi, What are the particular conditions you need for splitting. There are a number of third party solutions, but most will split on page or file names. If you had the source of the PDF files, I could show you how my OctoTools could produce the output already split, on just about ANY criteria, but doing it with existing pdf's could be tricky. Another way to approach your problem i...

2 pdf-files > 1 pdf-file
Hello, I use Photoshop Lite or CutePDF to scan documents to pdf. What to do if documents are spread out over 2 or more A4's? How can I scan this to just 1 pdf-file? Peter You should use only ADOBE ACROBAT software. "PeterS" <pghscholtes@home.nl> wrote in message news:bk20l8$lom$1@news3.tilbu1.nb.home.nl... > Hello, > > I use Photoshop Lite or CutePDF to scan documents to pdf. What to do if > documents are spread out over 2 or more A4's? How can I scan this to > just 1 pdf-file? > > Peter > ...

Postscript to PDF with pdf-tools, pdf-writer, or other
Does anyone have a way to convert Postscript to PDF using pdf-tools, pdf-writer, or other method? Any suggestions? On 14/04/2008, Sean Nakasone <seannakasone@yahoo.com> wrote: > Does anyone have a way to convert Postscript to PDF using pdf-tools, > pdf-writer, or other method? Any suggestions? ps2pdf is standard on any install of Ghostscript, at least on most flavours of Linux/BSD Farrel ...

deisng perl perl programmibng langs in perl
then liberate big war zones with notes on their download pages. -r www.thevoid1.net/ ...

Web resources about - Postscript and PDF-Files - comp.lang.perl.tk

PostScript - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The concepts of the PostScript language were seeded in 1976 when John Warnock was working at Evans & Sutherland , a computer graphics company. ...

John Eligon - A postscript to my interview with white... - Facebook
A postscript to my interview with white nationalist, Paul Craig Cobb ... I had knocked on doors in high-crime neighborhoods, spent time interviewing... ...

Flickr: PostScript.EdmontonJournal's Photostream
Explore PostScript.EdmontonJournal's photostream on Flickr. This user has 138 photos on Flickr.

Admire Rakti death a sad Cup postscript
... and died after finishing last in the Melbourne Cup. Favourite Admire Rakti collapsed and died after the Melbourne Cup, adding a sad postscript ...

A postscript to 'The Killing Season': Was there a coup d'etat over mining tax?
Sarah Ferguson's ABC series left one crucial question unanswered.

TFS Kanban talk in Indianapolis, postscript
I've been wanting to write this since giving a talk last week at the Indianapolis TFS user group. Paul Hacker started this group and leads the ...

Potter postscript: 10 great, and 10 not-so-great, things about Harry Potter (Plus: The best scenes) ...
As the Harry Potter film series reaches the end of the story, we look back on the highs and lows of the Harry Potter phenomenon.

Postscript from Penn State-Loyola Maryland men's lacrosse
The Loyola Maryland men&rsquo;s lacrosse team likes to pepper opposing goalkeepers with shots. But the offense prefers to have a little production ...

Sunday Classics preview: A Leon Fleisher postscript
... this July 1956 Epic Debussy-Ravel LP. by Ken No, no, Fleisher hasn't died at least not that I know. What I mean in the post title is a "postscript" ...