RE: text in a widget, text-widget #2

Johan,

Here this will give you an idea how to create a link in a text widget as
well as some other tags.

HTH

Mike

use strict;
use Tk;
use Tk::Dialog;

my $mainWindow = MainWindow->new(-title => "Test Tags");

my $sc_width  = 100;
my $sc_height = 15;

my $scrolled =  $mainWindow->Scrolled(
                                        "Text",
                                        -scrollbars => 'se',
                                        -background => 'white',
                                        -wrap       => 'none',
                                        -width      => $sc_width,
                                        -height     => $sc_height,

                                        )->pack(
                                                    -fill   => 'both',
                                                    -expand => '0',

                                                    );

#lets set up some color tags for text
$scrolled->tagConfigure('BLUE',-foreground => 'blue');
$scrolled->tagConfigure('LINK',-underline => 1);
$scrolled->tagConfigure('RED',-background => 'red');
$scrolled->tagBind('LINK',"<Button-1>",sub { $scrolled->Dialog(-text =>
"Hey you pushed the link")->Show()});

my $frame = $mainWindow->Frame( -relief => 'ridge',-borderwidth => 3,);

my $exitB  = $frame->Button(
                            -text    => 'EXIT',
                            -width   => 5,
                            -command => sub { exit 0},

                            )->pack(
                                        -side   => 'left',
                                        -anchor => 'n',

                                        );

$frame->pack(
                -expand => 1,
                -fill   => 'x',

                );

$scrolled->insert('end',"Here is a green text\n",['GREEN']);
$scrolled->insert('end',"Here is a blue link\n",['BLUE','LINK']);
$scrolled->insert('end',"Here is a blue text with red
background",['BLUE','RED']);

MainLoop();