Encryption from text to text...

I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into
another
form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out
there?

Thanks.

comp.lang.perl 1494 articles. 0 followers. gcox285 (113) is leader. Post Follow

In article <418f03f8@news.starhub.net.sg>, Kelvin
<thefatcat28@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into
> another
> form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out
> there?
>
> Thanks.

You can look on CPAN (<http://search.cpan.org>) for various Crypt::
modules.

FYI: this newsgroup is defunct. Try comp.lang.perl.misc in the future.
0
jgibson (279)
11/8/2004 11:02:19 PM
On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 13:35:46 +0800, Kelvin wrote:

> I am looking for an encryption algorithm that converts plain texts into
> another
> form, one character to another...What are the nice and simple algorithms out
> there?
>
> Thanks.

I'm not sure how secure you need it to be, you could use the rot13
method. Used in newsgroups... It changes every letter to the letter 13
places ahead of it. The nice thing about it though is that you use the
same method of to decode, (there's 26 letters).

Not secure, but nice easy and simple.mine not sure how sercure you need it
to be, you could use the rot13 method. Used in newsgroups... It changes
every letter to the letter 13 places ahead of it. The nice thing about it
though is that you use the same method of to decoed, (theres 26 letters).

Not sercure, but nice easy and simple.

--
Andrew Balmos (abalmos)
abalmos [/@t\] gmail [/dot\] _remove_this_ [/com\]

                http://www.usenet.com
0
please3339 (22)

text + text
What is "text + text" supposed to do right now? It doesn't seem very useful to me. What about making "text + text" as an equivalent for "text || text"? Most strongly-typed programming languages do this. And MS SQL Server too, I think (CMIIW). -- dave ---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 1: subscribe and unsubscribe commands go to majordomo@postgresql.org Am Freitag, 8. Oktober 2004 12:57 schrieb David Garamond: > What is "text + text" supposed to do right now? Nothing. > What a...

text-text

Encrypting a plain text to ciphertext (Encrypted text) in java???
How to achieve encryption in java on a plain text? What is the package name and class name(and method to be used)providing the support for encryption of plain text? Thanxs... Kamal <kamal_vaswani@yahoo.com> wrote: > How to achieve encryption in java on a plain text? > What is the package name and class name(and method to be > used)providing the support for encryption of plain text? I find this URL really helpful: http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/guide/security/jce/JCERefGuide.html Also, you'll need a JCE provider. I don't know if there is one in the default JDK dow...

Why does $TEXT() not return text?
I am looking at a file I have created named TMGUSRI2.m This is with GT.M 6.2-002A Here is a stat of the .m file and the .o file kdt0p@poweredge:/opt/worldvista/EHR/p$ stat TMGUSRI2.m File: `TMGUSRI2.m' Size: 19171 Blocks: 40 IO Block: 4096 regular file Device: 821h/2081d Inode: 705008 Links: 1 Access: (0744/-rwxr--r--) Uid: ( 1000/ kdt0p) Gid: ( 1000/ kdt0p) Access: 2015-08-10 20:50:51.000000000 -0400 Modify: 2015-06-23 20:23:12.000000000 -0400 Change: 2015-06-23 20:23:11.000000000 -0400 Birth: - kdt0p@poweredge:/opt/worldvista/EH...

Pages

text 2 text
I'm rather new to ustation and am having trouble finding replacements for all of my Acad lisp routines. One that I'd like to find changes a selected text string to read like the second selected text string. I realize this can all be done in the text editor but it's not all that quick. Does anyone know of a macro or mdl which can handle this task? Thanks in advance.---Calvin I don't know of any application that will do what you describe, but have you looked at Edit > Find/Replace text? You may also find Bentley's discussion groups of assistance. Over th...

Surrounding text with text
I was wondering if it was possible to surround a text body with text like so: +--------------+ |ABCDEFGHIJKLM | |H N| |A Main Body O| |L Text goes P| |B here Q| |-=+_ZYXWVUTSR | | | | | | | | | +--------------+ This seems far-fetched, but just curious. I suppose that I could just move stuff around by hand in the GIMP later on, but there's probably a {better,more {extensible,clean}} way of doing it from (La)TeX. -FreeSmith ptjm@interlog.com (Patrick TJ McPhee) wrote in message news:<bffbhe$per$1@news.eusc.inter...

Reading Text File, Text Scrolling and erase line from a text file
Hi , How can I Reading Text File, then Text Scrolling by means of keys "page UP" "page Down" and erase a specific line from a text file , when press "F2" key? Best Regards, Lidia from Poland -- ========================================= Pozdrawiam Lidiaa Lidiaa schrieb: > Hi , > > How can I Reading Text File, then Text Scrolling by means of > keys "page UP" "page Down" and erase a specific line from a text > file , when press "F2" key? > > ...

Highlighy text in Text Box
Using an InputBox, there is the option to *suggest* text (Default). It appears highlighted and can be accepted or replaced by the user. I am attempting to create my own input form which has one Text Box, one command button (cmdAccept ) and a simple label to tell the user to make an entry. What I cannot do is to mimic that suggested default input string. Can someone show me how to do it? The following code is from a test program with two forms. '#### this is on FrmMain Private Sub Option1_Click() ' Other Event selected - 14 character maximum With FrmBGOther ...

aligning text and image-text
I use a program to make Email addresses harder for spammers to harvest. It converts them to slightly blurred images using http://mindprod.com/products1.html#MASKER When I embed them in text, I have figured out how to get them to align naturally with the surrounding text, but the browser inserts extra inter-line spacing above the line containing the image. You can see the effect at http://mindprod.com/book/books.html at the bottom of the page where it says: "Please email your feedback for publication, letters to the editor, errors, omissions, typos, formatting errors, ambig...

Text Color in Copied Text
I use Mathematica for all my class notes, and occasionally copy things from code editors that use color to highlight different constructs. In an earlier version (probably 5.2) the color highlighting copied over when I pasted it into a Text cell, but now this doesn't happen - all b/w. I don't see any way around this. Any ideas? Thanks, Kevin ...

Highlight text in text box
I want to highlight any existing text, in a text box, when I click on it, like when I Tab into the text box. I can't find anything in the help. Any help is appreciated ShyGuy You can use selstart and sellength properties of a textbox in order to select any existing text. In order to select the whole text of textbox01, use, me.textbox01.selstart=0 me.textbox01.sellength=len(nz(me.textbox01)) Regards, Ramesh ShyGuy <shyguy@shytown.com> wrote in message news:<44nhi0d9qnsvdru1lu5l0d3ncuvuqsi39p@4ax.com>... > I want to highlight any existing text, in a text...

HTML Text and Photoshop Text
Hey Folks: I thought it best to do title text in photoshop and bring into my webpage for a better quality look. But, using Composer, the HTML looks pretty darn OK. Thoughts? Composer? what is that.. I would much prefer using Adobe Photoshp for text titles. Their effects are nice & customizable & with CS2, you can do more with that. "Raoul" <gaycat56@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1132628078.236760.142570@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hey Folks: > > I thought it best to do title text in photoshop and bring into my > webpage for a better quali...

Web resources about - Encryption from text to text... - comp.lang.perl

Encryption - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For technical reasons, an encryption scheme usually uses a pseudo-random encryption key generated by an algorithm. It is in principle possible ...

REPORT: Facebook’s Outdated Web Encryption Technology May Have Enabled Prism
Facebook still uses encryption keys with 1,024-bit lengths, while the industry standard used by Internet companies — including Apple, Microsoft, ...

Search Twitter - encryption
Sign in Sign up Search Refresh Tech Investor News @ TechInvestNews 2m Secusmart puts its BlackBerry encryption chip to work on the desktop (Netflash) ...

Symantec Mobile Encryption for iOS for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store
Get Symantec Mobile Encryption for iOS on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

It's all a facade: Encryption may do nothing to reduce surveillance or increase privacy
Living in a technological age where there is a near-fanatical obsession with privacy, a move towards encryption seems to make perfect sense. ...

The NSA has a brilliant stance on encryption
Discussions about the U.S. government’s need for breaking encryption have intensified following the mid-November attacks in Paris. Law enforcement ...

Foremay Ships Full Disk Encryption SED SSD with Crypto Erase
Concern about your cyber security and information leakage on computers and servers? Foremay gets you covered by its Full Disk Encryption SED ...

Law enforcement's encryption claims overblown, study finds
The surge in Internet-connected devices will offer ample new surveillance opportunities, according to a Harvard study.

Box helps businesses better control encryption of cloud data
Box has made it easier for its customers to control how stored data is encrypted with an update announced Thursday . The company announced a ...

NSA director: 'Encryption is foundational to the future'
NSA director: 'Encryption is foundational to the future'