"register_globals off" and "session side-effect"

Hi,

I set the register_globals off and try to get my code working under
the new conditions. I stuck on the following problem:

Warning: Unknown(): Your script possibly relies on a session side-
effect which existed until PHP 4.2.3. Please be advised that the
session extension does not consider global variables as a source of
data, unless register_globals is enabled. You can disable this
functionality and this warning by setting session.bug_compat_42 or
session.bug_compat_warn to off, respectively. in Unknown on line 0

I have no idea what they understand under the "session side-effect" as
well as "session extension" and how this "extension" can "consider"
something.

I tried to find something in the newsgroups and I found that:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.php/browse_thread/thread/bac6f1c426ef4b22/c3b0666dea7d75fd?hl=en&lnk=st&q=Please+be+advised+that+the+session+extension+does+not+consider+global+variables+as+a+source+of+data#c3b0666dea7d75fd

But I am not sure that I correctly understand the suggested solution
of the problem. I should replace all global variables which I care
about by "normal variables"? I.e. $varname = global-array[$varname].
Why I cannot use the global variables directly?
0
kurdayon (125)

Kurda Yon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I set the register_globals off and try to get my code working under
> the new conditions. I stuck on the following problem:
>
> Warning: Unknown(): Your script possibly relies on a session side-
> effect which existed until PHP 4.2.3. Please be advised that the
> session extension does not consider global variables as a source of
> data, unless register_globals is enabled. You can disable this
> functionality and this warning by setting session.bug_compat_42 or
> session.bug_compat_warn to off, respectively. in Unknown on line 0
>
> I have no idea what they understand under the "session side-effect" as
> well as "session extension" and how this "extension" can "consider"
> something.
>
> I tried to find something in the newsgroups and I found that:
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.php/browse_thread/thread/bac6f1c426ef4b22/c3b0666dea7d75fd?hl=en&lnk=st&q=Please+be+advised+that+the+session+extension+does+not+consider+global+variables+as+a+source+of+data#c3b0666dea7d75fd
>
> But I am not sure that I correctly understand the suggested solution
> of the problem. I should replace all global variables which I care
> about by "normal variables"? I.e. $varname = global-array[$varname].
> Why I cannot use the global variables directly?

Your going to need to paste us some of the code. Kind of hard to tell
what its not liking without seeing it.

--
Daniel Ennis
faNetworks.net - Quality Web Hosting and Ventrilo Services
Kurda Yon wrote:
> But I am not sure that I correctly understand the suggested solution
> of the problem. I should replace all global variables which I care
> about by "normal variables"? I.e. $varname = global-array[$varname].
> Why I cannot use the global variables directly?

Yes, the subject has been discussed here recently. I'll past the classic
example for you to understand quickly:

if( isset($admin) ) {
     ..
}

Now: http://mysite.net/myscript.php?admin=1
Here we go.

Thus, globals aren't registered automatically anymore, you have to do it
yourself: $registered_global = $_SESSION['unregistered_global'];

-thib�
0
thyb0 (37)
1/16/2008 1:30:45 AM
Kurda Yon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I set the register_globals off and try to get my code working under
> the new conditions. I stuck on the following problem:
>
> Warning: Unknown(): Your script possibly relies on a session side-
> effect which existed until PHP 4.2.3. Please be advised that the
> session extension does not consider global variables as a source of
> data, unless register_globals is enabled. You can disable this
> functionality and this warning by setting session.bug_compat_42 or
> session.bug_compat_warn to off, respectively. in Unknown on line 0
>
> I have no idea what they understand under the "session side-effect" as
> well as "session extension" and how this "extension" can "consider"
> something.
>
> I tried to find something in the newsgroups and I found that:
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.php/browse_thread/thread/bac6f1c426ef4b22/c3b0666dea7d75fd?hl=en&lnk=st&q=Please+be+advised+that+the+session+extension+does+not+consider+global+variables+as+a+source+of+data#c3b0666dea7d75fd
>
> But I am not sure that I correctly understand the suggested solution
> of the problem. I should replace all global variables which I care
> about by "normal variables"? I.e. $varname = global-array[$varname].
> Why I cannot use the global variables directly?

Are you using session_register() or similar functions in your code?

As Daniel said - code would help.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address

0
jstucklex (14659)
1/16/2008 1:37:03 AM
On Jan 15, 8:30 pm, thib=B4 <th...@coralsnake-team.com> wrote:
> Kurda Yon wrote:
> > But I am not sure that I correctly understand the suggested solution
> > of the problem. I should replace all global variables which I care
> > about by "normal variables"? I.e. $varname =3D global-array[$varname].
> > Why I cannot use the global variables directly?
>
> Yes, the subject has been discussed here recently. I'll past the classic
> example for you to understand quickly:
>
> ..
> if( isset($admin) ) {
>      ..}
>
> ..
>
> Now:http://mysite.net/myscript.php?admin=3D1
> Here we go.

Is $admin a global variable? I thought that it can be global only
after "global $admin;"-line in the code. Am I wrong? Any variable
which is given to the php-script via the address line will
automatically become global (if register_global is "on")?

> Thus, globals aren't registered automatically anymore, you have to do it
> yourself: $registered_global =3D $_SESSION['unregistered_global'];

I think I have some problems with the terminology. The above example I
would describe as follow. We have assign to a "normal" variable
($registered_global), a value taken from a session variable
($_SESSION). But you replace "normal" by "global" and "assignment" by
the "registration". Do you consider any "assignment" as the
"registration" or only those "assignment" is a "registration" in which
the value was taken from the $_SESSION?
0
kurdayon (125)
1/16/2008 1:48:11 AM

> Are you using session_register() or similar functions in your code?

Yes I use the "session_register()". I do not know which part of the
code should I send. It is huge and I have no idea where the problem
starts.
0
kurdayon (125)
1/16/2008 1:50:20 AM
thib� wrote:
> Kurda Yon wrote:
>> But I am not sure that I correctly understand the suggested solution
>> of the problem. I should replace all global variables which I care
>> about by "normal variables"? I.e. $varname = global-array[$varname].
>> Why I cannot use the global variables directly?
>
> Yes, the subject has been discussed here recently. I'll past the classic
> example for you to understand quickly:
>
> ..
> if( isset($admin) ) {
>     ..
> }
> ..
>
> Now: http://mysite.net/myscript.php?admin=1
> Here we go.
>
> Thus, globals aren't registered automatically anymore, you have to do it
> yourself: $registered_global = $_SESSION['unregistered_global'];
>
> -thib�

Yes, that's already been discussed.  We've moved on.  Please don't
confuse him more!

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
jstucklex@attglobal.net
==================

0
jstucklex (14659)
1/16/2008 1:52:52 AM
Kurda Yon wrote:
> On Jan 15, 8:30 pm, thib� <th...@coralsnake-team.com> wrote:
>> Kurda Yon wrote:
>>> But I am not sure that I correctly understand the suggested solution
>>> of the problem. I should replace all global variables which I care
>>> about by "normal variables"? I.e. $varname = global-array[$varname].
>>> Why I cannot use the global variables directly?
>> Yes, the subject has been discussed here recently. I'll past the classic
>> example for you to understand quickly:
>>
>> ..
>> if( isset($admin) ) {
>>      ..}
>>
>> ..
>>
>> Now:http://mysite.net/myscript.php?admin=1
>> Here we go.
>>
> Is $admin a global variable? I thought that it can be global only
> after "global $admin;"-line in the code. Am I wrong? Any variable
> which is given to the php-script via the address line will
> automatically become global (if register_global is "on")?
>

>> Thus, globals aren't registered automatically anymore, you have to do it
>> yourself: $registered_global = $_SESSION['unregistered_global'];
>>
> I think I have some problems with the terminology. The above example I
> would describe as follow. We have assign to a "normal" variable
> ($registered_global), a value taken from a session variable
> ($_SESSION). But you replace "normal" by "global" and "assignment" by
> the "registration". Do you consider any "assignment" as the
> "registration" or only those "assignment" is a "registration" in which
> the value was taken from the $_SESSION?

No - register_globals has nothing to do with variables you specify as
global yourself.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
jstucklex@attglobal.net
==================

0
jstucklex (14659)
1/16/2008 1:53:56 AM

> ..
> if( isset($admin) ) {
>      ..}
>
> ..
>
> Now:http://mysite.net/myscript.php?admin=1
> Here we go.

But even if the register_global is off the following can happen:
if( isset($_GET['admin']) ) {
...}
Now:http://mysite.net/myscript.php?admin=1

Or the ideas is that developer (programmer) will remember that $_GET
is something what is coming from the outside and will never relate the
access with the elements of $_GET?
0
kurdayon (125)
1/16/2008 1:54:01 AM
Kurda Yon wrote:
>> Are you using session_register() or similar functions in your code?
>>
> Yes I use the "session_register()". I do not know which part of the
> code should I send. It is huge and I have no idea where the problem
> starts.

Start by getting rid of deprecated functions such as session_register.
Just use the $_SESSION array.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
jstucklex@attglobal.net
==================

0
jstucklex (14659)
1/16/2008 1:54:41 AM
Kurda Yon wrote:
>> ..
>> if( isset($admin) ) {
>>      ..}
>>
>> ..
>>
>> Now:http://mysite.net/myscript.php?admin=1
>> Here we go.
>
> But even if the register_global is off the following can happen:
> if( isset($_GET['admin']) ) {
> ..}
> Now:http://mysite.net/myscript.php?admin=1
>
> Or the ideas is that developer (programmer) will remember that $_GET
> is something what is coming from the outside and will never relate the
> access with the elements of $_GET?

That is true.  But $_GET['admin'] is set - not $admin.  And the only way
the $_GET array gets populated is by the query string in the uri (unless
you set it yourself - which is a bad idea).

And you know that $_GET['admin'] is coming from the query string.  With
register_globals on, $admin could have been set by the session, a
cookie, or get or post parameters.  And you have no idea where it came from.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
jstucklex@attglobal.net
==================

0
jstucklex (14659)

"out" and "in out"
Hi i found the following explaination: In Ada, "in" parameters are similar to C++ const parameters. They are effectively read-only within the scope of the called subprogram. Ada "in out" parameters have a reliable initial value (that passed in from the calling subprogram) and may be modified within the scope of the called procedure. Ada "out" parameters have no reliable initial value, but are expected to be assigned a value within the called procedure. What does "have no reliable initial value" mean when considering the "out" parameter? By chance I created a small program as follows: =========== s : string := "CAT"; procedure modify ( s1 : out string ) is begin s1(2) := 'U'; end modify; ... put ( modify(s) ); =========== now I get as a result "CUT", and i dont understand why i get this result. Doesnt the "out" specify that its initial value isnt passed in via the parameter? But it seems to be passed in the above. In fact the "out" is acting like an "in out". I am a little confused. Could someone shed some light on this? Many thanks! zork "zork" <zork@nospam.com> wrote in message news:4104d5de@dnews.tpgi.com.au... > Hi i found the following explaination: > > In Ada, "in" parameters are similar to C++ const parameters. They are > effectively read-only within the scope of the called subprogram. > Ada "in out&q...

why "::", not "."

about "++" and "--"

"In" "Out" and "Trash"

Hello Partners, How are you ? Please find the requirement below. Location : NY Duration : 8 mnths Rate :Open Job description: Java/J2EE Web Service Developer =B7 (4+ years of application development experience in Java/J2EE and Web service technologies. =B7 Experience with spring & Hibernate. =B7 Experience with J2EE Application Server (preferably Web logic). =B7 Preferable Aqua logic DSP Experience =B7 Preferable Sonic ESB Composite Service experience Experience working in UNIX environment. Good working knowledge of Oracle RDBMS and PL/SQL) Note : Please send your updated resume along with contact no to Karthik@bhaninfo.com. Thanks & Regards Karthik BhanInfo karthik@bhaninfo.com # 1572, 7 th Floor Suites, 1 Blue Hill Plaza Pearl River,NY-10965 www.bhaninfo.com ...

puts "\\".gsub("\\", "\\\\")

Gary Sokolich """"""

Question about "sprintf" "@" "do for"

"==" is NOT TRUE "==", WHY?
[CODE START] x=5; y=8; if (x + y + 1E-15 == 13) a = 3 else a = 8 end [CODE END] When x + y + 1E-15, the code above returns a = 8. When x + y + 1E-16, the code above returns a = 3. Why? Kindly advise. Thanks. "onemilimeter Chen" <onemm@example.com> wrote in message <g7adrj$5tr$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > [CODE START] > x=5; > y=8; > if (x + y + 1E-15 == 13) > a = 3 > else > a = 8 > end > [CODE END] > > When x + y + 1E-15, the code above returns a = 8. > When x + y + 1E-16, the code above returns a = 3. > > Why? ...

what does the "+" and the "-" mean?
I recently read what the "+" and the "-" signs mean for compact discs. Of course, a friend has just asked me and I now forget. I've searched all over the place with no results. Anyone know? TIA! .. -------------------------------------- Mike Richter, were you born with "Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face? -------------------------------------- roscoe james wrote: > > I recently read what the "+" and the "-" signs mean for compact discs. Of > course, a friend h...

why have both "." and "->" ?
I used to remember why c++ needed both ? Could somebody help me here ? For example class A{ f(); }; A* aa; You could do either "aa->f()" or "(*aa).f()". So why does C++ need both operators. Raj "raj" <rajkumar@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht news:d7fee6d0.0406230748.694b966b@posting.google.com... > I used to remember why c++ needed both ? > Could somebody help me here ? > > For example > > class A{ > f(); > }; > > A* aa; > > You could do either "aa->f()" or "(*aa).f()". So why does C++ need both operators. > > Raj There is a difference I believe that xxxx->yyyy is used if xxxx is a pointer to an object/class and xxxx.yyyyy if xxxx is the object/classs > class A{ > f(); > }; > > A* aa; > > You could do either "aa->f()" or "(*aa).f()". So why does C++ need both operators. IMHO it's simply convenience. Bye, Marco raj wrote: > > You could do either "aa->f()" or "(*aa).f()". So why does C++ need both > operators. The second form involves more typing and requires more effort to read. -- Russell Hanneken eunaarxra@cbobk.pbz Use ROT13 to decode my email address. In message <WOhCc.15115$Wr.8451@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net>, Russell Hanneken <me@privacy.net> writes >raj wrote: >> >> You could do either "aa->f()" or "(*aa...

"A" is not equal "A"?
I was trying to convert String Array to String A through cycle and than compare the result with String B but eventhough results were the same it returned false. I'am working in BlueJ 3.1.0 Code is: public boolean Method () { String[] Example = {"a","b","c"}; String A = ""; String B = "abc" for (int i = 0; i<3 ; i++) { A = A + Example[i]; } if (A == B) { return true; } } never got true... I appreciate any suggestions how to solve this Den 08.04.2014 10:06, skrev 245dav@gmail.com:...

how to change "/" to "\"
iam new to shell scripting and i have plz can anyone help in changing the pattrern "/" to "\" using the sed command. olympie@gmail.com wrote: > iam new to shell scripting and i have plz can anyone help in changing > the pattrern "/" to "\" using the sed command. sed 's/\//\\/g' will replace all '/' with '\' srp -- http://saju.net.in Saju Pillai <saju.pillai@gmail.com> wrote: >> iam new to shell scripting and i have plz can anyone help in changing >> the pattrern "/" to "\" using ...

Re: "out" and "in out"
"no reliable initial value" means, you cannot rely on the value, but it may have a value. This depends on the parameter passing mechanism, which is _not_ related to the parameter mode (contrary to what many people think). So the parameter mode is there (nearly) solely for the information of the reader. The parameter passing mechanism for all kinds of parameters is defined in the RM. There are parameters passed by copy (in and out), by reference; for some it is explicitly left undefined. In your case, the passing mechanism is by reference, so you get what you get. But don't rely on this, rely only on the mode, i.e. the parameter st is undefined upon entering the procedure modify, so when you only write component 2, upon return, only component 2 has been written. Under slight variations, the result of your code might be <garbage character>U<garbage character>. Another thing: Don't rely upon s1'First = 1. Component 2 might not exist. You could call modify like so: X: String (25..30); modify (X); Now s1(2) inevitably will raise Constraint_Error. ____________________________________________________ Aufnehmen, abschicken, nah sein - So einfach ist WEB.DE Video-Mail: http://freemail.web.de/?mc=021200 "Christoph Karl Walter Grein" <AdaMagica@web.de> wrote: > > In your case, the passing mechanism is by reference, so you get what you get. But don't rely on this, rely only on the mode, i.e. the parameter st is undefined...

php requires ".php" not ".html" ?
Dumb question -- I know, but... Yes, I searched books and googled but couldn't find the answer. Does php always require that the page be .php and not .html ? Or is this server-dependent? Mine doesn't seem to recognize a php line in a .html page. By the way, how do searchers, eg Google, treat .php? same as .html? Do I lose search position by changing from .html to .php? MasonC masoncXXX@XXXfrontal-lobe.info wrote: > Dumb question -- I know, but... > Yes, I searched books and googled but couldn't find the answer. > > Does php always require that the page be .php and not .html ? > Or is this server-dependent? Mine doesn't seem to recognize a php line in a .html page. > > By the way, how do searchers, eg Google, treat .php? same as .html? > Do I lose search position by changing from .html to .php? > > MasonC It's part of your web server configuration - not PHP. Security conscious hosts will require .php extensions to parse php files. -- ================== Remove the "x" from my email address Jerry Stuckle JDS Computer Training Corp. jstucklex@attglobal.net ================== At Sun, 06 Jun 2010 14:49:27 -0700 masoncXXX@XXXfrontal-lobe.info wrote: > > Dumb question -- I know, but... > Yes, I searched books and googled but couldn't find the answer. > > Does php always require that the page be .php and not .html ? > Or is this server-dependent? Mine doesn't seem to r...

Is there any """Anti Stringizing operator #"""
Hi everybody:D I've a string that contains the name of a class. Some members told that I can use """Stringizing Operator (#)""", but the problem is here, that I have the string, & I want something vice- versa. As we know with """Stringizing Operator (#)""", we can get the stirng name of a class or ... str <--- #ClassA But I want to instantiate a class that I have just it's name as a string. ClassA * clsA = new ??? <--- Str ??? How can I do it? I don't want to use """HardCoding"&qu...

"plot", "imshow" and "quiver"
Hi all. So recently I made the discovery that when use "imshow" command, the YDir parameter under Axis Properties is set to "reverse" by default. To me this seems counter intuitive. Why wouldn't YDir be "normal" by default? When set at "normal" it turns out that my image is actually flipped upside down. On the contrary, when use "quiver" command to plot a vector field, the YDir is set at "normal" by default. Even though this makes more sense to me, because "reversed" YDir is the correct way to display an image (as in "imshow"), the result of "quiver" is that the vector fields this time depict the objects as if they are upside down... So every time I use "quiver" I always add the following line to revert the objects back to its normal orientation... set(gca, 'YDir', 'reverse')... In addition, "plot" uses "normal" setting for YDir. The only issue I have is that I use these commands fairly frequently in my job and sometimes they can get a little bit confusing in terms of display. So I wonder why MATLAB hasn't standardized them so that the objects always get displayed the same way. It's just a comment I have. Thank you. "Clare " <flyingclare@gmail.com> wrote in message news:hefvdk$3md$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Hi all. So recently I made the discovery that when use "imshow" command, > the ...

["a", "b", "c", "d"] to "a, b, c, d"?
I want to process each element of an array, but the last element should be handled special. Here is an example: def p_ary(ary) str = "" ary.each do |elem| str << elem << ", " end str.chomp!(", ") str end so p_ary(["a", "f", "x", "test"]) produces "a, f, x, test". The code works, but isn't there an easier and more general way for this behaviour? martinus On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 04:23:22 -0700, Martin wrote: > I want to process each element of an array, but the last ele...

if("0X0"=="000"){echo "boo";}
Hi ;) Everything is in the title. the prob is "boo" is displayed ! Can you believe it ? Thanx for anyone who can help me. fabrice. Fabrice R=E9gnier wrote: > Hi ;) > > Everything is in the title. the prob is "boo" is displayed ! Can you > believe it ? Thanx for anyone who can help me. > > fabrice. That's because they are equal! PHP interprets the string "0X0" as zero in Hexidecimal and that is equal to 0. What are you trying to accomplish? Ken Fabrice R?gnier <regnier.fab@free.fr> wrote: > Everything is in the title. the pr...

Problem with "Expect" ? "Telnet"? "TclApp"?
Hi, My script try to "Telnet" a machine with "Expect", and it is wrapped to EXE extension with "TclApp". DEP is turned off, and file dgbhelp.dll exists. And now, I run the script. It works well in some PC. However in others, it turns out that the commands in "Telnet" is not executed. I capture the packets, and find that the "username" is not promoted when the server ask for it. Then I try the tcl extension script, it is OK in every PC. I have no idea what's going on.It is the problem of "Expect", "Telnet", or "TclApp", or the OS of my PCs? zhoujingyu Regards, The problem troubles me so much. I am crying for you help. Can anyone give me some advice? Thank you very much! Regards, zhoujingyu At 2008-04-23 08:51PM, "1985zhoujingyu@163.com" wrote: > The problem troubles me so much. I am crying for you help. Can anyone > give me some advice? Thank you very much! Show us your Expect script. -- Glenn Jackman "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity." -- Bill Vaughan On 4=D4=C224=C8=D5, =CF=C2=CE=E79=CA=B124=B7=D6, Glenn Jackman <gle...@ncf.c= a> wrote: > > Show us your Expect script. > > -- > Glenn Jackman > "If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, > it'...

Why "Let*" and not "Let" after "do" in a loop??? Grrr.
Here is a bit of code... (defun example () (let ((listlen (1- (length *text-array*)))) (loop for i from listlen downto 0 for j = (nth i *text-array*) ;position of first alpha character. do (let* .....insert bindings plus body of let* code here etc... So... Why does that last "let*" work while a "let" in the same place does not and throws an error about how the variables in the bindings following the let have no value? The following is the bit of code I was working on that brought up the issue... it is part of code that I am post...

Definition of "shall", "should", "must", etc.
Is there a written standard anywhere that defines specification terms like "shall" and "should" and "must"? I've run into a number of projects where, in particular, "shall" / "must" / "will" are all used interchangeably. Your thoughts... "C. J. Clegg" <reply.to.newsgroup@nospam.no> wrote in message news:jbsbh19g228ne84213f8kh0uvccj5ie6sg@4ax.com... > > Is there a written standard anywhere that defines specification terms > like "shall" and "should" and "must"? > > I've run into a number of projects where, in particular, "shall" / > "must" / "will" are all used interchangeably. > When in doubt, place an explicit statement that serves to indicate the interpretation that will be used (make certain it is not inconsistent with the customers rules and regulations) > Your thoughts... C. J. Clegg wrote: > Is there a written standard anywhere that defines specification terms > like "shall" and "should" and "must"? > > I've run into a number of projects where, in particular, "shall" / > "must" / "will" are all used interchangeably. > > Your thoughts... oh ...the beauty of google and having worked in telecomms where this knowledge is an (unfortunate) must (no pun intended) http://standards.ieee.org/guides/style/section...

what is the difference between "tsu", "su" and "sudo"?
Hi all I needed to ask a question about the Linux commands used for getting root access. The question is, what is the difference between "tsu", "su", and "sudo"? I am mainly interested about the "tsu" command regarding which there seems to be very little documentation. What is the benefit in using e.g. "tsu" rather than "su"? And are there other ones besides these 3? (If yes, any pointers to a website discussing all of them would be appreciated.) Thanks in advance, JJ <santa@temporaryinbox.com> writes: >Hi all >I needed to ask a question about the Linux commands used for getting >root access. >The question is, what is the difference between "tsu", "su", and >"sudo"? Never heard of tsu. Not on my system. >I am mainly interested about the "tsu" command regarding which there >seems to be very little documentation. So for something like securly logging in why in the world would you use something for which you can find no docs? You look up the barrel of guns to see if they are loaded while you pull the trigger as well? >What is the benefit in using e.g. "tsu" rather than "su"? For something like su, I would say there is no benefit. >And are there other ones besides these 3? (If yes, any pointers to a >website discussing all of them would be appreciated.) ???? W...

Web resources about - "register_globals off" and "session side-effect" - comp.lang.php