about send mail with php

Hello,

I developed a PHP to send confirmation mail to my users.
The users complainthat the mail goes to the SPAM section each time.
What is the reason for this? I tested it several times, and I always get
the same result. The mail always gets spammed. This is very bad because
if a user doesn't get the confirmation, they won't even think that it's in
their
spam mail. The mail would therefore get stuck in their spam mail and I'll
lose my clients.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks!

0
spam2282 (1)

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 18:36:55 +0200, Marise wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I developed a PHP to send confirmation mail to my users.
> The users complainthat the mail goes to the SPAM section each time.
> What is the reason for this? I tested it several times, and I always get
> the same result. The mail always gets spammed. This is very bad because
> if a user doesn't get the confirmation, they won't even think that it's in
> their
> spam mail. The mail would therefore get stuck in their spam mail and I'll
> lose my clients.
>
> Looking forward to your reply.
>
> Thanks!

Host your website in a better neighborhood, maybe?

--
Windows is a pane in the ass....
0
Marise wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I developed a PHP to send confirmation mail to my users.
> The users complainthat the mail goes to the SPAM section each time.
> What is the reason for this? I tested it several times, and I always get
> the same result. The mail always gets spammed. This is very bad because
> if a user doesn't get the confirmation, they won't even think that it's in
> their
> spam mail. The mail would therefore get stuck in their spam mail and I'll
> lose my clients.
>
> Looking forward to your reply.
>
> Thanks!

Make sure you include a "From:" line in every message.

Also check if your hosting supports Domain Keys and SPF records and if
so use them.

Roger.
0
aioe.org (179)
9/27/2008 5:47:21 AM
On 26 Sep, 17:36, "Marise" <s...@sss.ss> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I developed a PHP to send confirmation mail to my users.
> The users complainthat the mail goes to the SPAM section each time.
> What is the reason for this? I tested it several times, and I always get
> the same result. The mail always gets spammed. This is very bad because
> if a user doesn't get the confirmation, they won't even think that it's in
> their
> spam mail. The mail would therefore get stuck in their spam mail and I'll
> lose my clients.
>
> Looking forward to your reply.
>
> Thanks!

There is no officially agreed method for seperating spam from ham - if
there was it would be something of an oxymoron - the spammers would
know exactly how to masquerade as ham.

There are things you can do to reduce the detection of spam
- get hold of spam assassin and read how its rules are configured to
identify spam.
- Make sure you've got RMX and SPF records in your DNS,
- do not try to send mail from a known DHCP address.
- make sure you've included all the headers which appear in mails
detected as ham (e.g. fake an X-mailer)

But really the only thing that really works is educating your users -
good luck.

C.

php mail() not sending to mail Clients (ie, Outlook, Apple Mail, thunderbird, etc..)
I have a send mail script on my site that. The emails are recieved by gmail, and yahoo, but not to mail clients like Outlook, Mail, etc...) Is this a problem with the script, or is it something I must change in php ini file? Thanks in advance for any help. here is the code. (im using it in conjunction with javascript for some AJAX stuff) if(!isset($_GET['action'])) { die("You must not access this page directly!"); //Just to stop people from visiting contact.php normally } /* Now lets trim up the input before sending it */ $name = trim($_GET['name']); //The sen...

php outside php (?)
Sounds weird, i know. What i want/wonder is the following: PHP can do the next: <?php if($foo == 'bar') { ?> Ow yeah, foo is bar! <?php }; ?> But how can i do the following: <?php $foo= ?> this is what foo looks like. <?php }; ?> This way i could edit the content of $foo in DW's design-view. I hope it's clear enough for you all to understand... Greetings frizzle. frizzle wrote: > But how can i do the following: > > <?php > > $foo= > > ?> > this is what foo looks like. > <?php > > }; > > ?> > > This way i could edit the content of $foo in DW's design-view. > I hope it's clear enough for you all to understand... <?php ob_start(); ?> this is what foo looks like. <?php $foo=ob_get_clean(); ?> -- Justin Koivisto - justin@koivi.com http://koivi.com Wow, little late on the reply, but i still wanted to thank you for your help. This is exactly what i meant, and it works great! :D Thanks again. ...

php send mail problem
Current, I have a function to send UTF-8 encoded HTML Format email to user. But my found that the produced email sometime accidently being injected with the ! sign....... e.g. <td> sometime become <!td> here is the code for that function $sql = "select * from user where userid='$userid'"; $res = send_sql($sql); //Get Reserve staff info $row = mysql_fetch_array($res); $fusername = $row["UserName"]; $femail = $row["Email"]; $message= ERNST."<html><body>"; $message.= "Hi ".htmlspecialchars($fusername).",&l...

php to php obj
Hi All, Is there any tool to convert the .php files into its object files in deploying the files to other's server like java classes are deployed? Thanks in advance --AR John7481 <arjohn7481@hotmail.com> wrote or quoted: > Is there any tool to convert the .php files into its object files in > deploying the files to other's server like java classes are deployed? To what end? Do you want a PHP obfuscator? They tend not to be needed - since the code remains on the server. Do you want a PHP squeezer? Again - since PHP remains on the server that is of reduced importance. PHP obfuscators and squeezers are out there - but what exactly are you looking for? -- __________ |im |yler http://timtyler.org/ tim@tt1lock.org Remove lock to reply. With total disregard for any kind of safety measures Tim Tyler <tim@tt1lock.org> leapt forth and uttered: > John7481 <arjohn7481@hotmail.com> wrote or quoted: > >> Is there any tool to convert the .php files into its object >> files in deploying the files to other's server like java >> classes are deployed? > > To what end? > > Do you want a PHP obfuscator? They tend not to be needed - > since the code remains on the server. > > Do you want a PHP squeezer? Again - since PHP remains on the > server that is of reduced importance. > > PHP obfuscators and squeezers are out there - but what exactly > are you looking for? I think he'...

sending PHP mail from my laptop?
I can set the host and port, but I don't see that there is anywhere to specify the username and password for an email account on a remote server. Is that do-able? RJ_32 wrote: > I can set the host and port, but I don't see that there is anywhere to specify > the username and password for an email account on a remote server. > > Is that do-able? > Not with the mail command. However, the PHPMailer class as Micha suggests can handle such things (and more) for you. -- ================== Remove the "x" from my email address Jerry Stuckle JDS Computer Training Corp. jstucklex@attglobal.net ================== Jerry Stuckle wrote: > RJ_32 wrote: >> I can set the host and port, but I don't see that there is anywhere to >> specify >> the username and password for an email account on a remote server. >> >> Is that do-able? >> > > Not with the mail command. > > However, the PHPMailer class as Micha suggests can handle such things > (and more) for you. > yes, thanks, easy to use. However, to enable SSL, I had to add to my php.ini: extension=php_openssl.dll and also to place a copy of that dll into the .../ext directory. It's apparently already finding libeay32.dll because my system path still points to the old PHP installation ...

PHP within PHP...
I took over the support of a website that is set up something like this inside one of the pages: include_once("header.php"); <?php //to get the content of the page they do this: $content = mysql_query("select content etc...); echo $content; ?> include_once("footer.php"); I am having problems evaluating any php that is used in the mysql content. Is there a way to get the mysql withing the mysql to run? Thank you for your time, Mandragon On Sep 17, 12:56 pm, Mandrago...@gmail.com wrote: > I took over the support of a website that is set up something like > this inside one of the pages: > > include_once("header.php"); > > <?php > //to get the content of the page they do this: > $content = mysql_query("select content etc...); > > echo $content; > ?> > > include_once("footer.php"); > > I am having problems evaluating any php that is used in the mysql > content. Is there a way to get the mysql withing the mysql to run? > > Thank you for your time, > > Mandragon Sorry, The question should read: "Is there a way to get the php withing the echo $htmlcontent to run?" Of course you are, $content is a resource. The MySQL Query resource. try this: $content = mysql_query('bla bla bla'); while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($content)) { $result[] = $row; } $content = $result; Now you can use $content ;). In answer to your edit... eval($co...

Problem with Mail()
In my PHP 5.0 at home, I'm using the following code to successfully write to a database and also send out an email. For some reason, when I take this code to work, it still writes to the database but doesn't send mail so we're (me and the I.T. guy) trying to find out whether it's the difference between PHP 4 or something else with email security. Does anyone here have experience with mail() in PHP 4 to know whether PHP 4 had issues with mail() that were fixed with PHP 5 ???? We've been chasing this from the mail server side at work when perhaps its some nuance between versions of PHP. Appreciate any help... Chris /* > $to = stripslashes($to); */ $to = stripslashes($to)."\r\n"; $subject = stripslashes($subject); $text = stripslashes($text); /* > mail('$to',$subject, $text); */ mail($to, $subject, $text, "From: admin@localhosthome.com"); cover wrote: > $to = stripslashes($to)."\r\n"; > Might or might not be the cause, but you should remove the trailing CRLF here. JW On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 22:33:57 +0100, "Janwillem Borleffs" <jw@jwscripts.com> wrote: >cover wrote: >> $to = stripslashes($to)."\r\n"; >> > >Might or might not be the cause, but you should remove the trailing CRLF >here. Thanks for the reply. I tried it after reading your post and no change... Thanks again, cover wrote: > In my PHP 5.0 at home, I'm using the following co...

how to use the PHP path to send something explicitly to the PHP parser?
Hi. I'm messing around with some stuff in an .htaccess file. Among other things, I'd like to send my html files to the PHP parser. I'd also like to rewrite the urls using Apache mod_rewrite, so that the query string disappears, but the variables are still recorded. For all these tasks, I need to know the PHP path. When I run phpinfo, I see this listed as the Path: PATH /bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin I'm not sure how to use that infomation. Do I use all of it? Some of it? lkrubner@geocities.com wrote: > Hi. I'm messing around with some ...

Problem sending e-mail from PHP
I'm running FreeBSD 4.8 with Postfix and PHP. Postfix is working fine. I'm using a couple of PHP applications which fail to send mail. I can't find anything in the maillog. When using SMTP from PHP mail is being sent. I want the native PHP mail function to work properly. In my php.ini the sendmail_path points to the correct location for the postfix sendmail wrapper. The sendmail wrapper also works fine when used from a command line. Here are the relevant parameters for mail in php.ini [mail function] ; For Win32 only. #SMTP = localhost ; For Win32 only. #sendmail_from = me@localhost.com ; For Unix only. You may supply arguments as well (default: "sendmail -t -i"). sendmail_path =/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i Any hints on what the problem might be and how to solve it ? - Ron In article <bfv7t4$mam$1@news.hccnet.nl>, "Ron Bakker" <Ron.Bakker@hccnet.nl> wrote: > I'm using a couple of PHP applications which fail to send mail. > I can't find anything in the maillog. > [snip] > The sendmail wrapper also works fine when used from a command line. > [snip] > Any hints on what the problem might be and how to solve it ? chmod 4755 /usr/libexec/sendmail/sendmail Any luck? hth -- Bulworth : funha@fung.arg | My email address is ROT13 encoded, decode to mail --------------------------|-------------------------------------------------- <http://www.phplab...

I tried posting to it (I am subscribed and have posted to it successfully before, but this time I got this error message: >> This message was created automatically by mail delivery software. >> >> A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its >> recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) >> failed: >> >> php-general@lists.php.net >> SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data: >> host pair1.php.net [76.75.200.58]: 550 we're manly enough already WTH...

Why can't I send a mail with PHP
I can't send a mail with the following mail header: $headers = "MIME-Version: 1.0\n"; $headers .= "Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1\n"; $headers .= "From: \"User\" &lt;user@inter.net&gt;\n"; Therefore $headers is set to (echo $header;) MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1 From: "User" <user@inter.net> The mail has not been delivered and my PHP server says: [24-Nov-2005 00:37:19] PHP Warning: mail() [<a href='function.mail'>function.mail</a>]: SMTP server re...

Best PHP Training | PHP Development Training | PHP Training Institute
Tops Technologies provides php and mysql certification courses in ahmedabad, baroda, surat, Rajkot, Udaipur, Gujarat, india.PHP Training with MySQL is an introductory course in the PHP and MySQL technology. Mysql and php training course, php for beginners, sql training courses, PHP Training courses, php courses, mysql training courses, php mysql course. For More Details :- http://www.tops-int.com ...

how to send mail in php and check whether ir rebound or not
hi i am building aan application which will send mail to user when he registers on my site and i am checking whther the email id is working properly or not by sending his email and then cheking whether the email was rebound or not. i know something about how to send email in php using mail function but not everything about sending email. i don't know anything about how can i check whether the email rebound or not. also tell me about sending email using php what considerations should be kept in mind when sending email. pls help me thxs for your help in advance. I noticed that Message...

Trouble with sending e-mail from simple php script
I have a simple form which is handled in a *.htm file by <FORM METHOD="POST" ACTION="send_msg.php"> <PRE> Your name <INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="name" MAXLENGTH=35 SIZE=50> Company <INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="orgn" MAXLENGTH=60 SIZE=50> City and country <INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="locn" MAXLENGTH=60 SIZE=50> Your e-mail address <INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="emad" MAXLENGTH=60 SIZE=50> Your message <TEXTAREA NAME="question" WRAP=VIRTUAL ROWS=5 COLS=45></TEXTAREA> <INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="Send message"> </PRE> </FORM> Then the send_msg.php should send the e-mail by the following code (but does not send e-mail). What am I doing wrong? <?php $date = date("F jS Y, h:iA"); if ($name == "" && $question == "") {exit;} $host=@gethostbyaddr($REMOTE_ADDR); $headers = "From: postmaster@domainname1.org \r\n"; $headers .= "X-Mailer: PHP \r\n"; if(mail("myusernamehere@gmail.com", "Comments from someone.", "$host on the contacts page at $date \n --- \n $name from $orgn, $locn ($emad) wrote:\n\n $question", $headers)) { $msg = "Thank you"; } else { $msg = "Message not sent"; } echo $msg; ?> <html> <head> <title...

sending mail from php and correct MS Outlook receive
Hello, In my MS Outlook I use global address book to handling contacts. When I send email from Outlook to myself and double click on sender I get information about me from my global address book. When I use php mail() function to sending messages and then double click on sender I get specificity message email window only. How do I have to prepare header at mail() function (for example: FROM: ???) that after send and double click on sender in Outlook I get information about sender from Outlook global address book ? Is it possible ? mail($to,$subj,$msg,"FROM: Some Name <user@domain...

sending mail from winxp os ,apache ws, php
I have windows xp pc and i have installed apache as a web server and php also working fine, but when i am sending mail, its giving me following error when upload same to linux live server its working, please help me what do i have to do for this Warning: mail(): Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in C:\Safras\WebHosting\netoffice.cybersoft.lk\functions.php on line 377 Warning: mail(): Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SM...

Problem sending mail with sendmail and php
When i send mail using mail() in php i receive from my external smtp server a message such that: Sep 3 17:30:15 xxxxxxx postfix/smtpd[898]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from unknown[yyyyyyyy]: 450 <apache@zzzzzzzzzz.uuu.hhh.it>: Sender address rejected: Domain not found; from=<apache@zzzzzzzzzz.uuu.hhh.it> to=<marco.pppppppppppppp@xxxxxxx.it> proto=ESMTP helo=<apache@zzzzzzzzzz.uuu.hhh.it> Where zzzzzzzzzz is name of the Linux machine uuu.hhh.it is the domain I need that sender is someone@uuu.hhh.it and not apache@zzzzzzzzzz.uuu.hhh.it Do you know where must i ...

How to send mail using php script on Windows XP?

php notification through php sdk
Hi there I want to build a e-commerce website similar to wish.com and I have chosen opencast as my framework of choice. Now wish has a feature that when you save a product in wish and if you are logged in with Facebook or gmail all of your friends will get a notification that your friends has saved a item on wish. I want a similar feature on my site Now I know Facebook provide a sdk JavaScript and php and wish might be using something similar but I am using open cart can I open home page or product page in the sdk Thanks On 3/20/2015 7:30 AM, apoorv.kanungo@gmail.com wrote: &g...

Mail from PHP
Just before leaving for a holiday my collegue modified this script. Now it won't send any body text (The data filled in on the form) and in an error condition it won't send any attachments either. Because I don't understand PHP I cannot find the error. Who is willing to help? regards Ruud Current PHP script: <?php $emailadres_reacties = "sterktemeter@mysite.nl"; $emailadres_logbestanden = "sterktemeter@mysite.nl"; /* * Class mime_mail */ class mime_mail { var $parts; var $to; var $from; var $headers; var $subject; var $body; ...

php mail( )
This code appears in a mail( ) script that sends me notice of errors. $message .= "User Email: $erruseremail"."?Subject=Blah Blah Blah"."\r\n\n"; When the email arrives it looks like this: User Email: me@example.com?Subject=Blah Blah Blah but with the underlying mailto link of only me@example.com?Subject=Blah (just a part of the Subject string). If I change the code to $message .= "User Email: $erruseremail"."?Subject=BlahBlahBlah"."\r\n\n"; (remove all spaces in the subject string) the email arrives as expected, with the mailto link including the entire subject string. I have tried every combination of the use of double and single quotes I can think of with no joy. Where am I missing the boat? Many thanks, Bill B El 29/12/2010 18:12, Bill Braun escribi�/wrote: > This code appears in a mail( ) script that sends me notice of errors. > > $message .= "User Email: $erruseremail"."?Subject=Blah Blah Blah"."\r\n\n"; > > When the email arrives it looks like this: > > User Email: me@example.com?Subject=Blah Blah Blah but with the > underlying mailto link of only me@example.com?Subject=Blah (just a part > of the Subject string). > > If I change the code to $message .= "User Email: > $erruseremail"."?Subject=BlahBlahBlah"."\r\n\n"; (remove all spaces in > the subject string) the email arrives as expected, with the...

Mailing from PHP
I have a Google apps account, that I would like to use to email (extracting information from a MySQL table). The Google apps account allows me to use it as an SMTP mailer. Are there any recommendations by those who have experience in this space (including using an alternative to Google), for mailings (not spam, just managing an event), from a MySQL table, and PHP? Hello, on 01/14/2010 04:51 PM JustWondering said the following: > I have a Google apps account, that I would like to use to email > (extracting information from a MySQL table). The Google apps account > allows me to use it as an SMTP mailer. Are there any recommendations > by those who have experience in this space (including using an > alternative to Google), for mailings (not spam, just managing an > event), from a MySQL table, and PHP? You may want to try the MIME e-mail message class that has support for SMTP delivery and SMTP authentication that Google requires. http://www.phpclasses.org/mimemessage There is an article here precisely about sending e-mail from PHP applications via Gmail (Google Apps), Hotmail and Yahoo SMTP servers. http://www.phpclasses.org/blog/package/9/post/1-Sending-email-using-SMTP-servers-of-Gmail-Hotmail-or-Yahoo-with-PHP.html You will also need these classes: http://www.phpclasses.org/smtpclass http://www.phpclasses.org/sasl -- Regards, Manuel Lemos Find and post PHP jobs http://www.phpclasses.org/jobs/ PHP Classes - Free ready to use OOP components wri...

PHP Mail
Hi, In this application the PHP scripts are running on one server, but the postfix server is a different machine. I tried this Pear mail and although it does send using a report SMTP server there are a few things that I cannot seem to do: - Cannot seem to alter headers to send HTML email - Recipient always has email appear as "undisclosed-recipients" Can anyone help? Is there a better / easier way to do this? We need to send HTML emails. We tried PHPMailer and could not get it to work at all, so, we are looking for another suggestion. Thanks! The Magnet wrote:...

Web resources about - about send mail with php - comp.lang.php

Trump, Cruz trade barbs over wives in presidential race
By Amy Tennery NEW YORK (Reuters) - Republican presidential candidates Donald Trump and Ted Cruz turned to Twitter to defend their wives' honor ...

Samsung Galaxy S7 Overtakes The iPhone As Consumer Reports’ Best Smartphone
Samsung and Apple are undeniably the two largest smartphone manufacturers on the planet right now and for a good few years they’ve been competing ...

Explainer alert! Here’s what the iPad Pro’s embedded Apple SIM means for you
When Apple introduced its new iPad Pro 9.7″, one of the small technical specifications touted has led to the most questions from readers: the ...

Apple worries that spy technology has been secretly added to the computer servers it buys
Apple's huge success with services like iTunes, the App Store, and iCloud has a dark side. Apple hasn't been able to build the all the data ...

Google may release an iPhone keyboard with built-in search and GIFs
Google may be working on a software keyboard for the iPhone, with web search as a featured attraction. Unnamed sources told The Verge that Google ...

Yahoo follows DraftKings and Fan Duel in suspending fantasy sports in New York
Yahoo was due to suspend paid fantasy sports contests in New York state on Wednesday, a decision that follows similar moves on Monday by DraftKings ...

Barclays isn't planning to support Android Pay in the UK
If UK bank Barclays hadn't angered mobile customers enough over its delayed rollout of Apple Pay, a new announcement today looks take things ...

Hulk Hogan Exclusive: They 'Picked the Wrong Guy,' Former Wrestler Says of Gawker Victory
Fast Company Hulk Hogan Exclusive: They 'Picked the Wrong Guy,' Former Wrestler Says of Gawker Victory ABC News Wrestling legend Hulk Hogan ...

With Wii U’s fate in question, Nintendo’s NX might be its last chance
After spending three-and-a-half years languishing at the bottom of the market, the Wii U is finally being put to rest. That's according to a ...

Lupita Nyong'o’s 'Star Wars' character may have been CGI, but people don't realize just how much work ...
Taking a cue from the original "Star Wars" trilogy, "The Force Awakens" relied mostly on practical effects — except for Lupita Nyong'o's character, ...