I tried posting to it (I am subscribed and have posted to it
successfully before, but this time I got this error message:

 >> This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.
 >>
 >>  A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
 >>  recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) >>
  failed:

 >>  php-general@lists.php.net
 >>   SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
 >>   host pair1.php.net [76.75.200.58]: 550 we're manly enough already

WTH???

"We're manly enough already?"  That 550 error code could mean any of a
number of things, but it sucks that someone thinks it's funny to put
that as an error message - no I have no idea what to do, or who to contact.

Anyone have any odea how I can resolve this?

0
MikeB

On 11-12-10 10:23, MikeB wrote:
> 550 we're manly enough already

google revealed:
http://www.mail-archive.com/php-general@lists.php.net/msg254574.html

--
Luuk
0
Luuk wrote:
> On 11-12-10 10:23, MikeB wrote:
>> 550 we're manly enough already
>
> google revealed:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/php-general@lists.php.net/msg254574.html

Reading that I don't get it. Did the php mailing list server think my
message was spam?

Checking the forums, I don't see my message there anywhere.
0
MikeB
12/11/2010 10:44:55 AM
On 11-12-10 11:44, MikeB wrote:
> Luuk wrote:
>> On 11-12-10 10:23, MikeB wrote:
>>> 550 we're manly enough already
>>
>> google revealed:
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/php-general@lists.php.net/msg254574.html
>>

> Reading that I don't get it. Did the php mailing list server think my
> message was spam?

Or something else (maybe the server was too busy)

> Checking the forums, I don't see my message there anywhere.

Because you did get an error (550), your message is not posted.

Simply try to post your message again.

--
Luuk
0
On 12/11/2010 4:23 AM, MikeB wrote:
> I tried posting to it (I am subscribed and have posted to it
> successfully before, but this time I got this error message:
>
>  >> This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.
>  >>
>  >> A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
>  >> recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) >>
> failed:
>  >>
>  >> php-general@lists.php.net
>  >> SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
>  >> host pair1.php.net [76.75.200.58]: 550 we're manly enough already
>

> WTH???
>
> "We're manly enough already?" That 550 error code could mean any of a
> number of things, but it sucks that someone thinks it's funny to put
> that as an error message - no I have no idea what to do, or who to contact.
>
> Anyone have any odea how I can resolve this?

Try asking php.net.  This newsgroup has no relationship with the site or
its mailing lists.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address

Yes, it does have a relationship,
This newsgroup is about PHP,
and the site and its mailinglist are about PHP too,

I suggest you look a little bit further than your current horizon.

--
Luuk
0
On 12/11/2010 8:31 AM, Luuk wrote:
> On 11-12-10 14:15, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
>
> Yes, it does have a relationship,
> This newsgroup is about PHP,
> and the site and its mailinglist are about PHP too,
>
> I suggest you look a little bit further than your current horizon.

This newsgroup is about PHP - but it has no relationship at all with
php.net or it's mailing lists.  This newsgroup is not run by php.net,
and this newsgroup does not run php.net.

I suggest you learn the difference between a language and a website.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
jstucklex@attglobal.net

>> Yes, it does have a relationship,
>> This newsgroup is about PHP,
>> and the site and its mailinglist are about PHP too,
>>
>> I suggest you look a little bit further than your current horizon.
>>

> This newsgroup is about PHP - but it has no relationship at all with
> php.net or it's mailing lists. This newsgroup is not run by php.net, and
> this newsgroup does not run php.net.

I'm not claiming that this newsgroup is not about PHP,
and i'm not claiming any relationship with php.net or it's mailing lists

> I suggest you learn the difference between a language and a website.

And i suggest you learn to READ
I was only claiming that this newsgroup is about PHP
And that website (which has no relationship..... etc,etc) is about PHP too.

These 2 facts can not lead to a conclusion that this newsgroup is
related to the website.

--
Luuk
0
On 12/11/2010 9:54 AM, Luuk wrote:
> On 11-12-10 15:33, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
>>>
>>> Yes, it does have a relationship,
>>> This newsgroup is about PHP,
>>> and the site and its mailinglist are about PHP too,
>>>
>>> I suggest you look a little bit further than your current horizon.
>>>

>> This newsgroup is about PHP - but it has no relationship at all with
>> php.net or it's mailing lists. This newsgroup is not run by php.net, and
>> this newsgroup does not run php.net.
>
> I'm not claiming that this newsgroup is not about PHP,
> and i'm not claiming any relationship with php.net or it's mailing lists
>

>> I suggest you learn the difference between a language and a website.
>>

> And i suggest you learn to READ
> I was only claiming that this newsgroup is about PHP
> And that website (which has no relationship..... etc,etc) is about PHP too.
>
> These 2 facts can not lead to a conclusion that this newsgroup is
> related to the website.

I suggest YOU LEARN TO WRITE.  To quote you:

"Yes, it does have a relationship,"

But then you never were very smart.

The fact the site and the newsgroup are about the same topic does NOT
indicate any relationship between them.  There are hundreds of thousands
of other sites which also have PHP as a topic - and they are not related
to this newsgroup, either.

But since you claim there is a relationship, perhaps you can go into the
php.net mailing lists and while list the guy so his emails don't bounce.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
jstucklex@attglobal.net
==================
0
Jerry
12/11/2010 7:27:22 PM
On 11-12-10 20:27, Jerry Stuckle wrote:
> On 12/11/2010 9:54 AM, Luuk wrote:

>>> This newsgroup is about PHP - but it has no relationship at all with
>>> php.net or it's mailing lists. This newsgroup is not run by php.net, and
>>> this newsgroup does not run php.net.
>>
>> I'm not claiming that this newsgroup is not about PHP,
>> and i'm not claiming any relationship with php.net or it's mailing lists
>>

>>> I suggest you learn the difference between a language and a website.
>>>

>> And i suggest you learn to READ
>> I was only claiming that this newsgroup is about PHP
>> And that website (which has no relationship..... etc,etc) is about PHP
>> too.
>>
>> These 2 facts can not lead to a conclusion that this newsgroup is
>> related to the website.
>>

> I suggest YOU LEARN TO WRITE. To quote you:
>
> "Yes, it does have a relationship,"

Ok,
I need to learn how to write

> But then you never were very smart.

But you need to learn to be more polite to people who post in this
newsgroup.

Or, to simply NOT react to them when they post something you have
nothing to say about...

--
Luuk
0
On 12/11/2010 2:43 PM, Luuk wrote:
> On 11-12-10 20:27, Jerry Stuckle wrote:

>>> I'm not claiming that this newsgroup is not about PHP,
>>> and i'm not claiming any relationship with php.net or it's mailing lists

>>> And i suggest you learn to READ
>>> I was only claiming that this newsgroup is about PHP
>>> And that website (which has no relationship..... etc,etc) is about PHP
>>> too.
>>>
>>> These 2 facts can not lead to a conclusion that this newsgroup is
>>> related to the website.
>>>

>> I suggest YOU LEARN TO WRITE. To quote you:
>>
>> "Yes, it does have a relationship,"
>
> Ok,
> I need to learn how to write
>

>> But then you never were very smart.
>
> But you need to learn to be more polite to people who post in this
> newsgroup.
>
> Or, to simply NOT react to them when they post something you have
> nothing to say about...

I really don't give a damn about being polite to idiots.

If you look back - I had a reasonable suggestion to the original op.  It
was YOU who hopped in and made the stoopid comment about this newsgroup
being related to php.net.

When you make an stoopid comment like that, expected to be treated like
an idiot.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
jstucklex@attglobal.net
==================
0
Jerry
12/11/2010 7:57:29 PM
In news:ie0l3i$pdt$1@news.eternal-september.org,
Jerry Stuckle <jstucklex@attglobal.net> typed:
> On 12/11/2010 2:43 PM, Luuk wrote:

>>> I suggest YOU LEARN TO WRITE. To quote you:
>>>
>>> "Yes, it does have a relationship,"
>>
>> Ok,
>> I need to learn how to write
>>

>>> But then you never were very smart.
>>
>> But you need to learn to be more polite to people who post
>> in this newsgroup.
>>
>> Or, to simply NOT react to them when they post something
>> you have nothing to say about...
>>

> I really don't give a damn about being polite to idiots.
>
> If you look back - I had a reasonable suggestion to the
> original op.  It was YOU who hopped in and made the stoopid
> comment about this newsgroup being related to php.net.
>
> When you make an stoopid comment like that, expected to be
> treated like an idiot.

As opposed to just ignoring silly stuff or whatever you wish to not read.
All one does by responding negatively and off-topic is add more posts to the
thread.

0
Twayne
12/13/2010 4:55:55 PM
On 12/13/2010 11:55 AM, Twayne wrote:
> In news:ie0l3i$pdt$1@news.eternal-september.org,
> Jerry Stuckle<jstucklex@attglobal.net>  typed:

>>> Ok,
>>> I need to learn how to write

>>> But you need to learn to be more polite to people who post
>>> in this newsgroup.
>>>
>>> Or, to simply NOT react to them when they post something
>>> you have nothing to say about...
>>>

>> I really don't give a damn about being polite to idiots.
>>
>> If you look back - I had a reasonable suggestion to the
>> original op.  It was YOU who hopped in and made the stoopid
>> comment about this newsgroup being related to php.net.
>>
>> When you make an stoopid comment like that, expected to be
>> treated like an idiot.
>
> As opposed to just ignoring silly stuff or whatever you wish to not read.
> All one does by responding negatively and off-topic is add more posts to the
> thread.

You mean like this crap you constantly post?

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Jerry Stuckle
JDS Computer Training Corp.
jstucklex@attglobal.net
==================
0
Jerry
12/13/2010 7:10:58 PM
In article <ie5r44$p95$1@news.eternal-september.org>,
 Jerry Stuckle <jstucklex@attglobal.net> wrote:

> On 12/13/2010 11:55 AM, Twayne wrote:
> > In news:ie0l3i$pdt$1@news.eternal-september.org,
> > Jerry Stuckle<jstucklex@attglobal.net>  typed:

Can't you incompetent fools learn to snip?

--
Tim

nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted"  --  Bill of Rights 1689
0
Tim