apache 2.2.15 service won't start w/ PHP 5.3.2, Windows XP

On a localhost development configuration under Windows XP Pro (SP3), I
cannot get Apache2.2.15  http service to start after I enable PHP
5.3.2 as a module.  Without PHP, Apache starts and works just fine;
PHP itself works (from a command prompt).

I had had Apache 2.2.14 and an older PHP 5.2.x working happily
together, supporting MySQL, phpMyAdmin, etc.  I uninstalled all that
and instead:

(1) Installed Apache 2.2.15 from httpd-2.2.15-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi
(also tried the openssl version when the former + PHP didn't work).
It's installed as a service for all users on port 80. And I'm running
as Administrator. That worked just fine.

(2) Installed PHP 5.3.2 from php-5.3.2-Win32-VC6-x86.msi (thread safe
version). As php.net says, with apache.org binaries, I used the VC6
version, not VC9.

Now the apache http service will not start. So of course I never got
so far as to try a .php script in the browser.

When that failed, I uninstalled PHP and instead tried to use php-5.3.2-
Win32-VC6-x86.zip and configure manually, starting with php.ini-
development copied to php.ini and edited as below.

Of course I put the correct entries in Windows system environment
variables PATH (starts with D:\Server\PHP\ext;D:\Server\PHP) and PHPRC
(D:\Server\PHP).

File httpd.conf is what the Apache installer set up plus my edits in
appropriate spots:
[CODE]ServerName localhost:80
DocumentRoot "E:/htdocs"
<Directory "E:/htdocs">
LoadModule php5_module "D:/Server/PHP/php5apache2_2.dll"
PHPIniDir "D:/Server/PHP"
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps[/CODE]

My edits to php.ini are:
[CODE]PHPIniDir "D:/Server/PHP/"
LoadModule php5_module "D:/Server/PHP/php5apache2_2.dll"[/CODE]

I'm completely mystified as to what's wrong, but I'm beginning to
believe there's a fundamental incompatibility between Apache 2.2.15
and PHP 5.3.2. Any ideas?
0
murray (1908)

murray wrote:
> On a localhost development configuration under Windows XP Pro (SP3), I
> cannot get Apache2.2.15  http service to start after I enable PHP
> 5.3.2 as a module.  Without PHP, Apache starts and works just fine;
> PHP itself works (from a command prompt).
>
> I had had Apache 2.2.14 and an older PHP 5.2.x working happily
> together, supporting MySQL, phpMyAdmin, etc.  I uninstalled all that
> and instead:
>
> (1) Installed Apache 2.2.15 from httpd-2.2.15-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi
> (also tried the openssl version when the former + PHP didn't work).
> It's installed as a service for all users on port 80. And I'm running
> as Administrator. That worked just fine.
>
> (2) Installed PHP 5.3.2 from php-5.3.2-Win32-VC6-x86.msi (thread safe
> version). As php.net says, with apache.org binaries, I used the VC6
> version, not VC9.
>
> Now the apache http service will not start. So of course I never got
> so far as to try a .php script in the browser.
>
> When that failed, I uninstalled PHP and instead tried to use php-5.3.2-
> Win32-VC6-x86.zip and configure manually, starting with php.ini-
> development copied to php.ini and edited as below.
>
> Of course I put the correct entries in Windows system environment
> variables PATH (starts with D:\Server\PHP\ext;D:\Server\PHP) and PHPRC
> (D:\Server\PHP).
>
> File httpd.conf is what the Apache installer set up plus my edits in
> appropriate spots:
> [CODE]ServerName localhost:80
> DocumentRoot "E:/htdocs"
> <Directory "E:/htdocs">
> LoadModule php5_module "D:/Server/PHP/php5apache2_2.dll"
> PHPIniDir "D:/Server/PHP"
> AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
> AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps[/CODE]
>
> My edits to php.ini are:
> [CODE]PHPIniDir "D:/Server/PHP/"
> LoadModule php5_module "D:/Server/PHP/php5apache2_2.dll"[/CODE]
>
> I'm completely mystified as to what's wrong, but I'm beginning to
> believe there's a fundamental incompatibility between Apache 2.2.15
> and PHP 5.3.2. Any ideas?

Although you are trying to get a new version of PHP running, you are
having a problem with Apache - and therefore should be in an Apache
newsgroup to determine your problem.  They will be much better able to
help you diagnose what's going wrong.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
On Mon, 5 Jul 2010 12:16:23 -0700 (PDT), murray wrote:
> On a localhost development configuration under Windows XP Pro (SP3), I
> cannot get Apache2.2.15  http service to start after I enable PHP
> 5.3.2 as a module.  Without PHP, Apache starts and works just fine;
> PHP itself works (from a command prompt).
>
> I had had Apache 2.2.14 and an older PHP 5.2.x working happily
> together, supporting MySQL, phpMyAdmin, etc.  I uninstalled all that
> and instead:
>
> (1) Installed Apache 2.2.15 from httpd-2.2.15-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi
> (also tried the openssl version when the former + PHP didn't work).
> It's installed as a service for all users on port 80. And I'm running
> as Administrator. That worked just fine.
>
> (2) Installed PHP 5.3.2 from php-5.3.2-Win32-VC6-x86.msi (thread safe
> version). As php.net says, with apache.org binaries, I used the VC6
> version, not VC9.
>
> Now the apache http service will not start. So of course I never got
> so far as to try a .php script in the browser.
>
> When that failed, I uninstalled PHP and instead tried to use php-5.3.2-
> Win32-VC6-x86.zip and configure manually, starting with php.ini-
> development copied to php.ini and edited as below.
>
> Of course I put the correct entries in Windows system environment
> variables PATH (starts with D:\Server\PHP\ext;D:\Server\PHP) and PHPRC
> (D:\Server\PHP).
>
> File httpd.conf is what the Apache installer set up plus my edits in
> appropriate spots:
> [CODE]ServerName localhost:80
> DocumentRoot "E:/htdocs"
><Directory "E:/htdocs">
> LoadModule php5_module "D:/Server/PHP/php5apache2_2.dll"
> PHPIniDir "D:/Server/PHP"
> AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
> AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps[/CODE]
>
> My edits to php.ini are:
> [CODE]PHPIniDir "D:/Server/PHP/"
> LoadModule php5_module "D:/Server/PHP/php5apache2_2.dll"[/CODE]
>
> I'm completely mystified as to what's wrong, but I'm beginning to
> believe there's a fundamental incompatibility between Apache 2.2.15
> and PHP 5.3.2. Any ideas?

What does the log say?

--
17. When I employ people as advisors, I will occasionally listen to
   their advice.
wrote:

>| On a localhost development configuration under Windows XP Pro (SP3), I
>| cannot get Apache2.2.15  http service to start after I enable PHP
>| 5.3.2 as a module.  Without PHP, Apache starts and works just fine;
>| PHP itself works (from a command prompt).
>|
>| I had had Apache 2.2.14 and an older PHP 5.2.x working happily
>| together, supporting MySQL, phpMyAdmin, etc.  I uninstalled all that
>| and instead:
>|
>| (1) Installed Apache 2.2.15 from httpd-2.2.15-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi
>| (also tried the openssl version when the former + PHP didn't work).
>| It's installed as a service for all users on port 80. And I'm running
>| as Administrator. That worked just fine.
>|
>| (2) Installed PHP 5.3.2 from php-5.3.2-Win32-VC6-x86.msi (thread safe
>| version). As php.net says, with apache.org binaries, I used the VC6
>| version, not VC9.
>|
>| Now the apache http service will not start. So of course I never got
>| so far as to try a .php script in the browser.
>|
>| When that failed, I uninstalled PHP and instead tried to use php-5.3.2-
>| Win32-VC6-x86.zip and configure manually, starting with php.ini-
>| development copied to php.ini and edited as below.
>|
>| Of course I put the correct entries in Windows system environment
>| variables PATH (starts with D:\Server\PHP\ext;D:\Server\PHP) and PHPRC
>| (D:\Server\PHP).
>|
>| File httpd.conf is what the Apache installer set up plus my edits in
>| appropriate spots:
>| [CODE]ServerName localhost:80
>| DocumentRoot "E:/htdocs"
>| <Directory "E:/htdocs">
>| LoadModule php5_module "D:/Server/PHP/php5apache2_2.dll"
>| PHPIniDir "D:/Server/PHP"
>| AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
>| AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps[/CODE]
>|
>| My edits to php.ini are:
>| [CODE]PHPIniDir "D:/Server/PHP/"
>| LoadModule php5_module "D:/Server/PHP/php5apache2_2.dll"[/CODE]
>|
>| I'm completely mystified as to what's wrong, but I'm beginning to
>| believe there's a fundamental incompatibility between Apache 2.2.15
>| and PHP 5.3.2. Any ideas?

Check the apache log - it could be a missing php dll.
0
jnorthau (270)
7/6/2010 12:41:20 AM
El 05/07/2010 21:16, murray escribi�/wrote:
> On a localhost development configuration under Windows XP Pro (SP3), I
> cannot get Apache2.2.15  http service to start after I enable PHP
> 5.3.2 as a module.  Without PHP, Apache starts and works just fine;
> PHP itself works (from a command prompt).
>
> I had had Apache 2.2.14 and an older PHP 5.2.x working happily
> together, supporting MySQL, phpMyAdmin, etc.  I uninstalled all that
> and instead:
>
> (1) Installed Apache 2.2.15 from httpd-2.2.15-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi
> (also tried the openssl version when the former + PHP didn't work).
> It's installed as a service for all users on port 80. And I'm running
> as Administrator. That worked just fine.
>
> (2) Installed PHP 5.3.2 from php-5.3.2-Win32-VC6-x86.msi (thread safe
> version). As php.net says, with apache.org binaries, I used the VC6
> version, not VC9.
>
> Now the apache http service will not start. So of course I never got
> so far as to try a .php script in the browser.
>
> When that failed, I uninstalled PHP and instead tried to use php-5.3.2-
> Win32-VC6-x86.zip and configure manually, starting with php.ini-
> development copied to php.ini and edited as below.
>
> Of course I put the correct entries in Windows system environment
> variables PATH (starts with D:\Server\PHP\ext;D:\Server\PHP) and PHPRC
> (D:\Server\PHP).
>
> File httpd.conf is what the Apache installer set up plus my edits in
> appropriate spots:
> [CODE]ServerName localhost:80
> DocumentRoot "E:/htdocs"
> <Directory "E:/htdocs">
> LoadModule php5_module "D:/Server/PHP/php5apache2_2.dll"
> PHPIniDir "D:/Server/PHP"
> AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
> AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps[/CODE]
>
> My edits to php.ini are:
> [CODE]PHPIniDir "D:/Server/PHP/"
> LoadModule php5_module "D:/Server/PHP/php5apache2_2.dll"[/CODE]
>
> I'm completely mystified as to what's wrong, but I'm beginning to
> believe there's a fundamental incompatibility between Apache 2.2.15
> and PHP 5.3.2. Any ideas?

The symptoms you describe are normally caused by a PHP extension that
cannot be properly initialized (perhaps because of a wrong or missing
library). I suggest you do this:

1. Clean up all old installations (esp. the PHP version you installed
manually from the ZIP file).
2. Run the MSI installer version.
3. Start the Apache service.
4. Inspect both the Apache logs and the Windows event logs; look for a
reference to a DLL that could not be loaded or something similar.

In many cases, the issue is caused by a PHP extension you don't even
need so you can simply re-run the MSI installer and uncheck the
problematic extension. Otherwise, feel free to post back with further
details.

--
-- http://alvaro.es - �lvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain
-- Mi sitio sobre programaci�n web: http://borrame.com

AIX 5.2/php 5.3.2 'make cli' says it succeeds, but no executable
.... Generating phar.php /bin/sh[14]: /usr/local/SRC/php-5.3.2/sapi/cli/php: not found make: The error code from the last command is 127. # make cli echo '\ \ Target "cli" is up to date. CREDITS config.w32 php_cli_readline.c Makefile.frag php.1 php_cli_readline.h README php.1.in php_cli_readline.lo TODO php_cli.c php_cli_readline.o cli_win32.c php_cli.lo tests config.m4 php_cli.o On Apr 8, 10:50=A0am, tkevans <evanst...@gmail.com> wrot...

Install of APACHE 2.5.9 and PHP 5.2.3
Hello, I install the apache server in my Red Hat Linux with ssl support (using openssl 0.9.8) In this step my Apache server started without any problem After this i install php 5.2.3 and i Had this : /etc/init.d/httpd start Syntax error on line 37 of /usr/lib/httpd/modules/httpd.conf: Cannot load /php/libphp5.so into server: /php/libphp5.so: undefined symbol: EVP_CIPHER_CTX_block_size A problem occured, preventing Apache to start Please any one can help me thank's On 12 Jun, 16:06, baroudi <baroudi.abdelmou...@gmail.com> wrote: > > /etc/init.d/http...

Is Php built in function ' imagecreate()' compatible in Php version 5.2.2 ?
Hi All, I have the php version 5.2.2 . When I am using " $im = imagecreate(......); " I am getting the following message "Fatal error: Call to undefined function imagecreate() in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\server.php on line 32" I want to know whether "imagecreate()" is compatible in PHP version 5.2.2.? saikiran.iitkgp@gmail.com wrote: > Hi All, > > I have the php version 5.2.2 . When I am using > > > " $im = imagecreate(......); " I am getting the following message > > > &q...

Please Reproduce: PHP 5.2 -> 5.3 Windows Apache2.2 crash
Hi, Recently moved from 5.2 to 5.3. Now Apache will crash on loading pretty much all my pages with this in the error report; szAppName : httpd.exe szAppVer : 2.2.14.0 szModName : php5ts.dll szModVer : 5.3.1.0 offset : 0000c266 Eventually found out how it happens. If I pass to a function an undefined variable as per example; function testing($var1,$var2){ return 1; } echo testing($undefined1,$undefined2); It will crash. No error in Apache log, no error in PHP log. If I define $undefined2 before calling testing() then it won't crash. Whether I define $undefined1 or not (strangely, if not strange enough already) doesn't make any difference, only causes a crash on the second or higher variable in the function definition. Whether or not I specify $var2 = null or any other value in the function definition; it will still crash if $undefined2 is not previously defined. Looking at the changes between 5.2 and 5.3 ; I assume this problem has spawned from this reported change "The newer internal parameter parsing API has been applied across all the extensions bundled with PHP 5.3.x. This parameter parsing API causes functions to return NULL when passed incompatible parameters. There are some exceptions to this rule, such as the get_class() function, which will continue to return FALSE on error" Now; I'm sure you may say, well that's just bad coding practice, you should always define your variab...

Printing 2^1, 2^2, 2^3, 2^4 and 2^5
Hi, When I use a while loop, the output is: 2 4 8 16 32, as desired: <?php $c=1; while($c<=5) { $d = newpow(2, $c); print "$d "; $c++; } function newpow($base, $power) { // statements... } ?> The But when I use a for loop, the output is: 64: <?php for($c=1; $c<=5; $c++); { $d = newpow(2, $c); print "$d "; } function newpow($base, $power) { // statements... } ?> Why is this?? Many thanks, Michael mejpark wrote: > When I use a while loop, the output is: 2 4 8 16 32, as desired: [...] > The But when I use a for loop, the output is: 64...

Apache 2.2.2 and PHP 5.1.4 on Win2k crashing
I just installed Apache 2.2.2 on my Windows 2000 (SP4) machine to test the new version. Everything works except PHP (version 5.1.4): when starting Apache, it pops out a message saying that it is unable to locate the module (even set on the correct path!), stops the execution and exits. On the other side, PHP works fine with Apache 2.0.55, so It's not a problem of a broken build. Got ideas? Thanks. -- Massimo Lombardo unwiredbrain@gmail.com wrote: > I just installed Apache 2.2.2 on my Windows 2000 (SP4) machine to test > the new version. > Everything works except PHP (version ...

php 5.3.8 und Apache 2.2.19
Hallo zusammen Nachdem die vc6-Versionen nicht mehr unterst=FCtzt werden, wollte ich auf vc9 updaten. Habe daher das vc9 threadsave heruntergeladen. Dann noch den Apache von http://www.apachelounge.com/download/, welcher f=FCr vc9 zust=E4ndig sein sollte. Leider kommt mir beim aufstarten, wenn ich LoadModule php5_module "C:/ Programme/PHP/php5.dll" aktiviere folgende Fehlermeldung: httpd.exe: Syntax error on line 114 of C:/Programme/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/conf/httpd.conf: Can't locate API module structure `php5_module' in file C:/Programme/php/php5.dll: No error Dies deutet laut Suche auf eine falsche Version hin, doch eigentlich m=FCsste es ja so funktionieren. Gruss, Markus On 8/29/2011 5:30 AM, snoopy78 wrote: > Hallo zusammen > > Nachdem die vc6-Versionen nicht mehr unterst�tzt werden, wollte ich > auf vc9 updaten. Habe daher das vc9 threadsave heruntergeladen. Dann > noch den Apache von http://www.apachelounge.com/download/, welcher f�r > vc9 zust�ndig sein sollte. > > Leider kommt mir beim aufstarten, wenn ich LoadModule php5_module "C:/ > Programme/PHP/php5.dll" aktiviere folgende Fehlermeldung: > > httpd.exe: Syntax error on line 114 of C:/Programme/Apache Software > Foundation/Apache2.2/conf/httpd.conf: Can't locate API module > structure `php5_module' in file C:/Programme/php/php5.dll: No error > > Dies deutet laut Suche auf eine falsche Version hin, doch eigentlich ...

Trouble installing PHP 5.3 on WinXP, Apache 2.2
Hi, I'm trying to install PHP 5.3 on Apache 2.2, WinXP. I've added this line to my httpd.conf file LoadModule php5_module "C:/PHP/php5apache2_2.dll" but when I start Apache using "httpd -k start", I'm getting this error ... C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\bin>httpd -k start httpd: Syntax error on line 503 of C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load C:/PHP/ php5apache2_2.dll into server: The specified module could not be found. I have verified that the file exists. Can anyon...

PHP 5 won't load on Apache 2.0.55
I am trying to load PHP 5 on Apache 2.0.55 on FreeBSD. PHP5 install throws error saying it needs Apache 1.3. Any ideas? NotGiven wrote: > I am trying to load PHP 5 on Apache 2.0.55 on FreeBSD. PHP5 install throws > error saying it needs Apache 1.3. > > Any ideas? > > It's because that's how the particular instance of PHP was built -- to use Apache 1.3, not Apache 2.X. Did you get your PHP from somehwere, or did you build it yourself? [More data would give you more opportunity to get help.] HTH, --ag -- Artie Gold -- Austin, Texas http://goldsays....

Apache 2.2.3 PHP 4.4.5 Install Fails
Sigh. I have Apache 2.2.3 installed and running on WinXP Pro SP2. I installed PHP 4.4.5 and added the following lines in httpd.conf PHPIniDir C:/PHP445/ LoadModule php4_module C:/PHP445/php4apache2.dll When I restarted Apache, i got this error: The Apache service reported the following error: >>> httpd.exe: Syntax error on line 488 of C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load C:/PHP445/php4apache2.dll into server: The specified module could not be found. Turns out that php4apache2.dll requires libapr.dll, libaprutil.dll and libapriconv.dll...

Can't run cgi script with Apache 2.2 with Windows XP
I'm trying to get Ruby up and running using a CGI script in a Windows XP/Pro. I entered the following URL in the IE browser: localhost:8080/cgi-bin/hello.cgi. The following is returned on the browser: 500 Internet Server Error. The following is in the Apache Error Log: ...cgi-bin/hello.cgi is not executable... It appears that Windows doesn't know how to execute the hello.cgi script... Might be a httpd.conf configuration file issue. If I was in a Unix environment I would try adding a shebang to the beginning of the file... I'd appreciate any help... -- Posted via http://www.ruby...

Apache 2.0.50 php 4.3.8 Aix 5.2
I have apache 2 already installed and working. aixstar root /usr/httpd/bin > ./httpd -l Compiled in modules: core.c mod_access.c mod_auth.c mod_include.c mod_log_config.c mod_env.c mod_setenvif.c prefork.c http_core.c mod_mime.c mod_status.c mod_autoindex.c mod_asis.c mod_cgi.c mod_negotiation.c mod_dir.c mod_imap.c mod_actions.c mod_userdir.c mod_alias.c mod_so.c ../configure --with-apxs2=/usr/httpd/bin/apxs --with-oci8=/ora01/app/oracle/product/9.2.0.1.0 --enable-ftp --enable-sigchild --disable-libxml Works fine, without displaying any errors. m...

MacOS 9.2.2 and Mozilla 1.2.1 won't start after crash
I installed Mozilla 1.2.1 in my friends G3. There is MacOS 9.2.2 and it worked fine and old Netscape Communicator 4.7x -profiles worked fine. When my friend clicked some PDF-link in web page the Mozilla crashed and doesn't work any more. It doesn't even start. The Mozilla preferences file has been deleted and tried to start again, but that won't work. Any suggestions? -- Marko In article <c6dgle$t2n$1@mordred.cc.jyu.fi>, Marko Koivuniemi <koimark@iki.fi> wrote: > I installed Mozilla 1.2.1 in my friends G3. There is MacOS 9.2.2 and it > wo...

Unable to load dynamic link library php_mysql.dll
Hello, I am attempting to perform a PHP installation on an Apache 2.2.6 web server instance that is loaded on a Windows 2003 server operating system (R2 SP2). I have a third party application that will reside within the Apache instance that requires PHP 5.2.6 loaded with MySql support. The installation of PHP succedded without incident (it was done manually) and I can run phpinfo() to get information about the installation. However, when attempting to load the php_mysql.dll extension I recieve the following error message: ------------- PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\\php\\ext\\php_mysql.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0 ------------- I have verified the following: 1. That I have set up the php.ini file (which resides in C:\php. Specifically, I have set up the following as it regards to loading the php_mysql.dll extension - Set up the extension_dir variable: extension_dir = "C:\php\ext\" - Uncommented the line that relates to the php_mysql.dll file" extension=php_mysql.dll 2. That I have set up the http.conf file for Apache: - The following lines were added: LoadModule php5_module "C:/php/php5apache2_2.dll" PHPIniDir "C:/php" AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .php3 .htm .html AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps Is there anything else that I need to do? Thanks for yo...

Apache 2.2 and PHP
I have upgraded to Apache 2.2 and php5.0.4 (both from SUNFREEWARE) and am now getting errors: httpd: Syntax error on line 110 of /usr/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf: API module structure `php5_module' in file /usr/local/apache2/modules/libphp5.so is garbled - perhaps this is not an Apache module DSO? This has been reported at various places but there has been NO answer... Any EXPERT know how to resolve? Yes,the libphp5.so exists with the same rights as all the others in the MODULES directory. Thanks Carl On Mon, 13 Feb 2006, Carl Hilton wrote: > I have upgraded to Apache 2.2 and ...

The mod_perl 2.0.2 + apache v2.2.3 #2
mod_perl 2.0.2 + apache v2.2.3 from http://www.devside.net/server/webdeveloper httpd.conf ThreadsPerChild 1920 ======================================================== I have a project must upload files to win2003 server. So i do the job by implement Protocol (Connection) Handlers in mod_perl. But the server will very busy when > 5 connections connect to apache at the same time. Maybe one connection upload big file (100M) . But in general the files is < 5M. The server have 4 cpu and Ram is 4G.But sometime the new connection will hang a little time (sometime can not accept new connecti...

The mod_perl 2.0.2 + apache v2.2.3 #2
mod_perl 2.0.2 + apache v2.2.3 from http://www.devside.net/server/webdeveloper httpd.conf ThreadsPerChild 1920 ======================================================== I have a project must upload files to win2003 server. So i do the job by implement Protocol (Connection) Handlers in mod_perl. But the server will very busy when > 5 connections connect to apache at the same time. Maybe one connection upload big file (100M) . But in general the files is < 5M. The server have 4 cpu and Ram is 4G.But sometime the new connection will hang a little time (sometime can not accept new connecti...

Apache 2.2.3 and mod_python 3.2.10
I installed Apache 2.2.3 and mod_python 3.2.10 on WinXP plateform I configured mod_python via httpd.conf: LoadModule python_module modules/mod_python.so but my script folder configuration doesn't work correctely: Alias /myfolder D:/myfolder <Directory "/myfolder"> Order allow,deny Allow from all AddHandler mod_python .py PythonHandler mod_python.publisher PythonDebug On </Directory> for test, this is a sample script d:\myfolder\test.py # test.py # from mod_python import apache # def hello(name=None): if name: return 'Hello, %s!' % name.capitalize() else: return 'Hello there!' # def handler(req): req.content_type = 'text/plain' req.write("from handler test, Hello World!") return apache.OK when I access to the url http://localhost/monrep/test.py, I obtain source test.py listing but not the rendering of handler or hello method. with url http://localhost/theriaque/test.py/hello, I obtain : =>The requested URL /theriaque/test.py/hello was not found on this server. It seems like something is missing ... but what ? thanks for any help sorry, I give here the right paths: I installed Apache 2.2.3 and mod_python 3.2.10 on WinXP plateform I configured mod_python via httpd.conf: LoadModule python_module modules/mod_python.so but my script folder configuration doesn't work correctely: Alias /myfolder D:/myfolder <Directory "/myfolder"...

Building for Mac with 2.5.2 or 2.5.3
What's the educated opinion on porting an application to Mac? We've used 2.4 from CVS for both Windows and Linux but found that there were too many problems with 2.4 when trying to compile on Mac ... now we're not sure if 2.5.3 is a moving target on Mac or should we try staying with 2.5.2? Any expert opinions out in the wild? ....Landon --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwidgets.org For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help@lists.wxwidgets.org Hi Please use CVS HEAD...

Apache 2.2 with mod_authnz_ldap APR build with MS LDAP SDK doesn't authenticate to OpenLDAP 2.2.29.
I configured Apache 2.2 on Windows XP to authenticate into OpenLDAP Server 2.2.29 installed on the same Windows XP machine. However, I am not able to access LDAP solution. Are there any known issues with this kind of setup. Thanks in advance LoadModule ldap_module modules/mod_ldap.so LoadModule authnz_ldap_module modules/mod_authnz_ldap.so LDAPSharedCacheSize 200000 LDAPCacheEntries 1024 LDAPCacheTTL 600 LDAPOpCacheEntries 1024 LDAPOpCacheTTL 600 <Location /svnrepos> AuthType Basic AuthName "SVN Repository" AuthBasicProvider ldap #AuthLDAPAuthoritative on AuthLDAPURL "ldap://localhost:389/ou=people,ou=authnz,dc=authnz,dc=com? uid?sub?(objectclass=*)" AuthLDAPBindDN "cn=Domain Admin,dc=airius,dc=com" AuthLDAPBindPassword test123 require valid-user DAV svn SVNPath C:\Software\svn-win32-1.4.3\svnrepos </Location> Whenever, I access the url http://localhost/svnrepos, I get an error message [Thu Feb 08 16:03:06 2007] [notice] Server built: Jan 9 2007 23:17:20 [Thu Feb 08 16:03:06 2007] [notice] Parent: Created child process 1132 [Thu Feb 08 16:03:06 2007] [debug] mpm_winnt.c(481): Parent: Sent the scoreboard to the child [Thu Feb 08 16:03:06 2007] [debug] util_ldap.c(1315): [1132] ldap cache: Setting shared memory cache size to 200000 bytes. [Thu Feb 08 16:03:06 2007] [debug] util_ldap.c(1387): [1132] ldap cache: Setting search cache size to 1024 entries. [Thu Feb 08 16:03:06 2007] [debug] util_ldap.c(1363): [1132] ldap cache: S...

CoStar 2.2.2 on PB 180 won't print
I have a LabelWriter XL Plus which works with Dymo CoStar software version 2.2.2 on various machines running 8.1 thru 9.2, and since the installer readme mentions System 6, that ought to mean that it would work with 7.6.1 -- but while the program seems to work OK, it will not print. I get "Printing problem, please make sure the printer is on and is firmly connected. ... " Can anyone shed some light on this? TIA ;B -- Actually it's me, Eric Bear Albrecht. You can write to newsmonger and that is at roastbusters which is a dot org. ...

Apache 2.2 with mod_authnz_ldap APR build with MS LDAP SDK doesn't authenticate to OpenLDAP 2.2.29.
I configured Apache 2.2 on Windows XP to authenticate into OpenLDAP Server 2.2.29 installed on the same Windows XP machine. However, I am not able to access LDAP solution. Are there any known issues with this kind of setup. Thanks in advance LoadModule ldap_module modules/mod_ldap.so LoadModule authnz_ldap_module modules/mod_authnz_ldap.so LDAPSharedCacheSize 200000 LDAPCacheEntries 1024 LDAPCacheTTL 600 LDAPOpCacheEntries 1024 LDAPOpCacheTTL 600 <Location /svnrepos> AuthType Basic AuthName "SVN Repository" AuthBasicProvider ldap #AuthLDAPAuthoritative on AuthLDAPURL &qu...

glibc 2.2.5 vs 2.3.2 on RH Enterprise
All executables on our development machine runnin RH Enterprise with glibc 2.2.5 are compiled statically. When we installed Enterprise 3 on our test machine all executables as one started to crash with this stack: (gdb) where #0 0x080a67a1 in _dl_relocate_object () #1 0x0808d6b3 in dl_open_worker () #2 0x0808c28f in _dl_catch_error () #3 0x0808d8a7 in _dl_open () #4 0x080697ca in do_dlopen () #5 0x0808c28f in _dl_catch_error () #6 0x080696bd in __libc_dlopen () #7 0x08067dd6 in __nss_lookup_function () #8 0x0806845e in __nss_lookup () #9 0x08068657 in __nss_passwd_loo...

Help Needed: Upgrade Fedora 4 / Apache 2 to PHP 5.2.x from 5.0.4
Help Needed: Upgrade Fedora 4 / Apache 2 to PHP 5.2.x from 5.0.4 I've been testing Joomla as a content manager for the County offices, and it looks pretty good. Unfortunately, I decided to upgrade it from the 1.0.13 version to 1.5 as we get ready to go live with the web site... and the update installation gives an error in XML processing, which seems (from what I've been able to dredge up in forum discussions) to stem from a known bug in PHP 5.0.4... I've seen this same error from a couple of other programs that want to upload XML data to PHP based server software, too, so I'...

Web resources about - apache 2.2.15 service won't start w/ PHP 5.3.2, Windows XP - comp.lang.php