Create PHP pages from list of files in directory

Hello, this is probably easy for a php pro... but I cant figure it
out..

I have a directory of mp3 files named like this.
Chevy_Car_Commercial.mp3

There are about 150 files.

I am trying to find a script that will make php pages based on the file
names.
chevy_car_commercial.php

And also dump that variable title
Chevy Car Commercial into the <title> of the web page...

I have made dynamic pages before... but that was using a form..

Anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks
kj

kennyjjohnson@gmail.com wrote:
> I am trying to find a script that will make php pages based on the
> file names.
> chevy_car_commercial.php
>
> And also dump that variable title
> Chevy Car Commercial into the <title> of the web page...

Using PHP 4.3 or better? Then you could try the following script:

<?php

    $ext = 'mp3';
    $path = '/path/to/*.mpeg';
    $outdir = '.';

    $glob = glob($path);
    foreach ($glob as $file) {
         $file = basename($file);
         $fname_noext = preg_replace("/\.$ext$/", '', $file);
         $title = ucwords(str_replace('_', ' ', $fname_noext));
         $fname = $outdir . '/' . strtolower($fname_noext) . '.php';
         if (!$fp = @fopen($fname, 'w')) {
              print "Unable to create $fname. ";
              print "Please check the permissions of '$outdir'\n";
              continue;
         } else {
              fputs($fp, $html);
              fclose($fp);
              print "Successfully created $fname\n";
         }
    }

?>

When using PHP v < 4.3, replace the call to the glob function with
opendir/readdir (see the manual).

JW

0
jw137 (829)
3/11/2006 3:14:18 PM
Janwillem Borleffs wrote:
>    $path = '/path/to/*.mpeg';

This should be:

$path = '/path/to/*.mp3';

JW

0
jw137 (829)
3/11/2006 3:15:37 PM
Thank you so much!  That works!  It made the pages perfectly.
I thought I would just be able to include my template page in there but
that does not work.

I was putting this where you have the $html variables

 $html = "include ("template.php")";

I even tried it with the php tags but no dice...

anyone know how to get my page into that $html variable.

thanks again.

kennyjjohnson@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello, this is probably easy for a php pro... but I cant figure it
> out..
>
> I have a directory of mp3 files named like this.
> Chevy_Car_Commercial.mp3
>
> There are about 150 files.
>
> I am trying to find a script that will make php pages based on the file
> names.
> chevy_car_commercial.php
>
> And also dump that variable title
> Chevy Car Commercial into the <title> of the web page...
>
> I have made dynamic pages before... but that was using a form..
>
> Anyone know if this is possible?
>
> Thanks
> kj

Ok, I think I am getting close... let me see... thanks again

kennyjjohnson@gmail.com wrote:
> Ok, I think I am getting close... let me see... thanks again

Replacing:

With:

ob_start();
include 'template.php';
$html = ob_get_contents();
ob_end_clean();

Should get you close. Mind that all variables you want to use within
template.php should be created and assigned before the template file is
included.

JW

0
jw137 (829)

PHP does not parse .PHP files
I have this problem with PHP that someone might be able to help. With CLI, I am able to execute my .php files. For example, if I type "php phpinfo.php" , this works fine on my system. If I put the phpinfo.php file is in /var/www/html and I try to access it through the browser, I get the content of the file and not the execution of the file. Instead of display the info of PHP, I got the text of the file as: <?php phpinfo(); ?> Why? Thanks Phong Ho wrote: >I have this problem with PHP that someone might be able to help. > >With CLI, I am able to execute my ....

Creating a simple hitcounter for PHP web pages. (saves to files)

want to get content of one php file in another php file
i have one php file having content Contents of ex1.php file <body> <?php $content = "c://webserver/www/abc.php"; $handle = fopen($content, "r"); echo fread($handle,filesize($content)); ?> </body> this is reading abc.php file in which i m simply using an echo statement. When i execute ex1.php file i cant see the php statement of abc.php file content of abc.php file is <?php echo "hello";?> sarika wrote: > i have one php file having content > > Contents of ex1.php file > <body> > <?php > $content = "c://webserver/www/abc.php"; > $handle = fopen($content, "r"); > echo fread($handle,filesize($content)); > ?> > </body> > this is reading abc.php file in which i m simply using an echo > statement. When i execute ex1.php file i cant see the php statement of > abc.php file > > content of abc.php file is > <?php echo "hello";?> That's interesting, I've found out that it's the browser that's hiding <?php ?> tags within .phpx pages. Probably to avoid short tags scripts (on a server that doesn't allow them) from getting leaked by visitors who don't know about this browser trick, until the dev' realizes his error. Not a good thing, IMO; dev's should take care, themselves, and it's still not secure since the hidden string is still in the rendered source. And now we don't know how ...

Is a PHP variable supposed to be seen in a .js file included into a .php file
Is a PHP variable supposed to be seen in a .js file included into a .php file? I have a client side javascript code stored in a .js file which is included into a PHP file using <script src="filename.js></script> This code initialises a Javascript variable var u="string"; The string is supposed to be the value of $HTTP_HOST So, when initialise this variable like var u=<? echo $HTTP_HOST;?>; I sterted getting a javascript message Syntax Error Am I doing something wrong, or PHP variables are not seen in included js files? aa wrote: > Is a PHP variable supposed to be seen in a .js file included into a .php > file? > > I have a client side javascript code stored in a .js file which is included > into a PHP file using > <script src="filename.js></script> > > This code initialises a Javascript variable > var u="string"; > > The string is supposed to be the value of $HTTP_HOST > > So, when initialise this variable like > > var u=<? echo $HTTP_HOST;?>; > > I sterted getting a javascript message Syntax Error > > Am I doing something wrong, or PHP variables are not seen in included js > files? js files are not parsed for PHP code unless you specifically tell the webserver to do so. Therefore, "var u=<? echo $HTTP_HOST;?>;" in the .js will error since the browser doesn't know what to do. -- Justin Koivisto - spam@koiv...

Open .php file with PHP Designer 2007 by clicking the file in XP
In windows XP, I want to be able to click on a .php file and have it opened in PHP Designer 2007, Or right-click on it and have an "edit" menu option presented to me. I know how to tweak the registry to do this in general, but what would the command line look like in this specific case ? PHP Designer does not do this automatically. It is as if the program does not allow commandline options. It only opens with the last file used or a menu of recently opened files. ...

I tried posting to it (I am subscribed and have posted to it successfully before, but this time I got this error message: >> This message was created automatically by mail delivery software. >> >> A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its >> recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) >> failed: >> >> php-general@lists.php.net >> SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data: >> host pair1.php.net [76.75.200.58]: 550 we're manly enough already WTH...

Parsing a php include (which also contains php code)
Hello, I am using the <?php include() ?> statement on my website for organizational purposes. However, one of my includes contains some PHP code. Is there any way for the server to actually parse the include? I've tried this before, and it did not parse the include. Rather, it included the file as just plain ASCII. ======================= /*EXAMPLE 1*/ /*index.php*/ .... <?php include('global/includes/footer.inc') ?> .... /*footer.inc*/ .... <p>&copy 1993-<?php echo date("Y") ?> Kingswood School. All rights reserved.</p> .... /*EXAMPLE 2*/ /*index.php*/ .... <?php include('global/includes/lastmod.php') ?> .... /*lastmod.php*/ .... <?php echo "This file was last modified: "; echo strftime("%A %B %d %Y"); include('whateverfilename.inc'); ?> ============================= I would like to be able to parse the include if it has php code, and in some cases, create nesting includes (an include within an include). Is this even possible? Any ideas? Any help is certainly appreciated. Thanks! Steven Borrelli Web Developer Kingswood School Steven Borrelli wrote: > Hello, > > I am using the <?php include() ?> statement on my website for > organizational purposes. However, one of my includes contains some > PHP code. Is there any way for the server to actually parse the > include? I've tried this before, and it did not parse the in...

php assembly of multiple php files
I am trying to combine multiple php pages into 1. Basically I have created a shell page and then a seperate php file for each form to be included within the shell. The problem I am having is that when a user submits one of the forms the main shell and the other php files POST values are all returned as NULL and I only get the values pertaining to the form that was submitted?. If all the files were combined into one very long php file, I would get all the POSTs returned how can I do the same but with multiple files? When you submit an include, do the POST values not get passed back to the Main calling page? Thank you, QB Question Boy wrote: > I am trying to combine multiple php pages into 1. > > Basically I have created a shell page and then a seperate php file for > each form to be included within the shell. > > The problem I am having is that when a user submits one of the forms > the main shell and the other php files POST values are all returned as > NULL and I only get the values pertaining to the form that was > submitted?. If all the files were combined into one very long php > file, I would get all the POSTs returned how can I do the same but > with multiple files? > > When you submit an include, do the POST values not get passed back to > the Main calling page? > > Thank you, > > QB This has nothing to do with PHP - it's how HTML works. The browser will only send the data for the form being subm...

When does the php interpreter loads the php file?
Hi All, I'm wondering three facts about php, apache and apache module. 1.How can i differentiate the php intepreter if it's running as a apache module or as cgi? 2.When does the php interpretor loads the php file to main memory? 3.and till when it keeps the php file on memory? - in my experience only after installing Zend it caches the php file. Thak you *** Kim Gijung wrote/escribi� (20 Oct 2004 00:03:35 -0700): > 1.How can i differentiate the php intepreter if it's running as a > apache module or as cgi? If I recall correctly phpinfo() calls it "Server API&qu...

Modify a php file(model) with php
I have an invoice model on my server! and i want to replace some field(like adresse, phone, price, VAT, ....) do you know a tools or class that allows those kind of manipulations Thanks you Yoni Yoni Alhadeff a �crit : > I have an invoice model on my server! and i want to replace some field(like > adresse, phone, price, VAT, ....) > > do you know a tools or class that allows those kind of manipulations > > Thanks you > > Yoni > > Couldn't you replace field with var and have them set when including your template (it become one in fact) ? I didn'...

SSI Including PHP File Within PHP File Causes Seg Fault and Crash
Can somebody concur or verify the following? I'm having this problem on all of my installations. I've got Apache 2.0.40 and PHP 4.2.2 installed and configured from RedHat RPMs. Nothing out of the ordinary. In the httpd.conf file, PHP files are called with the following: <Files *.php> SetOutputFilter PHP;INCLUDES SetInputFilter PHP LimitRequestBody 524288 </Files> I create two files as follows: /test1.php <!--#include virtaul="/test2.php" --> and /test2.php Testing 1 2 3 By going to http://host/test1.php, it may or may not display the fi...

including a PHP file displays the file's content to the user agent (PHP 5.1)
Hi all I'm having a strange problem when upgrading the content management system eZ publish from PHP 4.4 to PHP 5.1. Some cache files related to i18n are included with the "include" function, but they are being displayed to the user agent instead of being parsed by PHP. With PHP 4.4 there was no problem. You can download a test script from: http://blog.kristofcoomans.be/wp-content/uploads/test.tar Thanks for your help Cheers -- Kristof Cyberwolf wrote: > Hi all > > I'm having a strange problem when upgrading the content management > system eZ publish from PHP 4.4 to PHP 5.1. Some cache files related to > i18n are included with the "include" function, but they are being > displayed to the user agent instead of being parsed by PHP. With PHP > 4.4 there was no problem. > > You can download a test script from: > http://blog.kristofcoomans.be/wp-content/uploads/test.tar > > Thanks for your help > > Cheers > > -- > > Kristof Do any other php pages parse properly? If not, then it will most likely be a problem with your install and/or configuration. If you can parse some php pages, it might be worth checking your PHP 5 configuration, and then Apache's configuration if nothing jumps out at you in there. Is there any particular reason you chose to go with PHP 5? I have heard of lots of people having problems with it, which is why I stay away from it. Well, until I understand it a bit better...

how to save an php search result page in an php?
can any one tell me how to create an pdf file from the html page ? 1. I am querying the database. 2. The result is obtained in the file result.php 3. I want to give the user an option to save the result into pdf using an button. anyone please tell how to do it in php. regards, venkatesh Try using FPDF (www.fpdf.org). Its a PHP class that allows you to create a PDF file. To use it as you want when you click a button on the page the form would submit to a page which ran a script to: a) get the content from the web page, then b) render the PDF file using this content I use this myself to generate PDF files on the fly. Good luck ...

Some php files in same directory of working files with same permissions won't process
Has anyone ever had this happen? I upgraded phpMyAdmin (2.9.0.3) and suddenly the php files no longer were processed by the php engine -- (Apache sends the php files as though they were a download). I checked my permissions, php.ini and httpd.conf, nothing strange there -- same as when it worked. I read UPDATING (I'm running FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE, Apache 2.2.3, PHP 5.1.6_1, MySQL 5.0.24a) and nothing there on it. Checked the phpMyAdmin site and nothing I could find there either. Here's the really odd part -- if I go to the phpmyadmin directory, create a php file with vi and save -- viola the new file works as expected. What should I check next? To see what I am talking about go to: http://welcome.coe.jmu.edu/dbadmin/index.php and then go to http://welcome.coe.jmu.edu/dbadmin/test.php I can post my php.ini and httpd.conf files if anyone wants to look at them -- but since I can put a file in the same directory and have it run fine I don't think this is the problem. ...

What are the directories/files who php needs?
Hello, I have a chroot env, I have to copy all the directories/files that php needs to run. Could someone give me the list or information to know what dirs/files "import" on the chroot env ? Thank you! ...

php outside php (?)
Sounds weird, i know. What i want/wonder is the following: PHP can do the next: <?php if($foo == 'bar') { ?> Ow yeah, foo is bar! <?php }; ?> But how can i do the following: <?php $foo= ?> this is what foo looks like. <?php }; ?> This way i could edit the content of $foo in DW's design-view. I hope it's clear enough for you all to understand... Greetings frizzle. frizzle wrote: > But how can i do the following: > > <?php > > $foo= > > ?> > this is what foo looks like. > <?php > > }; > > ?> > > This way i could edit the content of $foo in DW's design-view. > I hope it's clear enough for you all to understand... <?php ob_start(); ?> this is what foo looks like. <?php $foo=ob_get_clean(); ?> -- Justin Koivisto - justin@koivi.com http://koivi.com Wow, little late on the reply, but i still wanted to thank you for your help. This is exactly what i meant, and it works great! :D Thanks again. ...

Single PHP file
Hi All, Hoping for some direction here (I have searched, without avail, for a solution already). I was toying with trying to find a way whereby I could have a single PHP file, and then specify whether to either see the processed output or the source code by using the extensions php and phps (respectively). So, with one file called "theFile.php" on the server, going to "www.server.com/theFile.php" would show the end result of the php actions, whereas going to "www.server.com/theFile.phps" would show the actual content of the file itself. I thought this could be done by modifying the htaccess file as follows: AddType application/x-httpd-php-source phps RewriteEngine on RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule ^(.+)\.phps$ $1.php However this does not work: - if a *.php file exists, then accessing *.php or *.phps returns the end result of the php actions. - if a *.phps file exists, then accessing *.php returns a 404 error, and *.phps shows the actual file contents. Looking for any direction, references, or assistance. Thanks On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 02:04:18 +0100, Lucanos <lucanos@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > Hoping for some direction here (I have searched, without avail, for a > solution already). > > I was toying with trying to find a way whereby I could have a single > PHP file, and then specify whether to either see the processed output > or the source code by us...

Cannot delete files created by PHP
I'm using php to create directories to store thumbnails. This works fine but I find I am not able to delete the files via ftp. unlink() works fine. I guess it's an owner thing. I've tried chmoding the files (via php) to 777 but still no luck. Any ideas? Here is the code I'm using to make the directories if(!is_dir('thumbs')){ mkdir('thumbs',0777); } and after making the images I'm doing chmod($file,0777); -- Geoff Berrow 0110001001101100010000000110 001101101011011001000110111101100111001011 100110001101101111001011100111010101101011 http://slipperyhill.co.uk - http://4theweb.co.uk On Jan 9, 11:17=A0am, Geoff Berrow <blthe...@ckdog.co.uk> wrote: > I'm using php to create directories to store thumbnails. =A0This works > fine but I find I am not able to delete the files via ftp. =A0unlink() > works fine. =A0I guess it's an owner thing. =A0I've tried chmoding the fi= les > (via php) to 777 but still no luck. =A0Any ideas? > > Here is the code I'm using to make the directories > > if(!is_dir('thumbs')){ > mkdir('thumbs',0777); > > } > > and after making the images I'm doing > > chmod($file,0777); > -- > Geoff Berrow =A00110001001101100010000000110 > 001101101011011001000110111101100111001011 > 100110001101101111001011100111010101101011http://slipperyhill.co.uk-http:= //4theweb.co.uk I suspect it's probably a user problem, PHP crea...

Why are my PHP files are not being executed (PHP keywords/syntax being ignored)
I have been hosting a website on the same server for roughly 2 years. The entire site is based on a group of PHP scripts. Today, without changing a thing, the server stopped recognizing all PHP keywords and syntax. When I use firefox, the page simply displays a text/plain version of my source code. When I use IE, the page loads as text/html, however, all lines of PHP code (between "<?" and "?>") are displayed as text. My assumption is that my host has stopped providing PHP extensions. Can anybody confirm this or give me another explanation? All help is greatly ap...

protecting files and directories with php
Hello, I've got a situation where i have a directory called "example". In this area i have three files, an index page that has a form on it in to which user's can authenticate, a page displaying either success or failure and if success redirects to a downloadable file. I don't want this downloadable file to be had by a direct url access, user's should have to authenticate to get it. I want to use php4 for this and if possible since this is a lightweight requirement i don't want to implement a database solution. Any pointers or howtos appreciated. Thanks. Dave....

PHP within PHP...
I took over the support of a website that is set up something like this inside one of the pages: include_once("header.php"); <?php //to get the content of the page they do this: $content = mysql_query("select content etc...); echo $content; ?> include_once("footer.php"); I am having problems evaluating any php that is used in the mysql content. Is there a way to get the mysql withing the mysql to run? Thank you for your time, Mandragon On Sep 17, 12:56 pm, Mandrago...@gmail.com wrote: > I took over the support of a website that is set up something like > this inside one of the pages: > > include_once("header.php"); > > <?php > //to get the content of the page they do this: > $content = mysql_query("select content etc...); > > echo $content; > ?> > > include_once("footer.php"); > > I am having problems evaluating any php that is used in the mysql > content. Is there a way to get the mysql withing the mysql to run? > > Thank you for your time, > > Mandragon Sorry, The question should read: "Is there a way to get the php withing the echo $htmlcontent to run?" Of course you are, $content is a resource. The MySQL Query resource. try this: $content = mysql_query('bla bla bla'); while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($content)) { $result[] = $row; } $content = $result; Now you can use $content ;). In answer to your edit... eval($co...

php to php obj
Hi All, Is there any tool to convert the .php files into its object files in deploying the files to other's server like java classes are deployed? Thanks in advance --AR John7481 <arjohn7481@hotmail.com> wrote or quoted: > Is there any tool to convert the .php files into its object files in > deploying the files to other's server like java classes are deployed? To what end? Do you want a PHP obfuscator? They tend not to be needed - since the code remains on the server. Do you want a PHP squeezer? Again - since PHP remains on the server that is of reduced importance. PHP obfuscators and squeezers are out there - but what exactly are you looking for? -- __________ |im |yler http://timtyler.org/ tim@tt1lock.org Remove lock to reply. With total disregard for any kind of safety measures Tim Tyler <tim@tt1lock.org> leapt forth and uttered: > John7481 <arjohn7481@hotmail.com> wrote or quoted: > >> Is there any tool to convert the .php files into its object >> files in deploying the files to other's server like java >> classes are deployed? > > To what end? > > Do you want a PHP obfuscator? They tend not to be needed - > since the code remains on the server. > > Do you want a PHP squeezer? Again - since PHP remains on the > server that is of reduced importance. > > PHP obfuscators and squeezers are out there - but what exactly > are you looking for? I think he'...

Create a PHP Page Dynamically
Is it possible to create a php page dynaimically? For example, when a user is added I'd like to create a page in a directory in their name so users could go to www.mysite.com/jack or www.mysite.com/jill and index.php will have been created there. I know there are many ways around this but I'd like to know if a php page can be created on the server. Thanks. Steve. Noyb wrote: > Is it possible to create a php page dynaimically? For example, when a > user is added I'd like to create a page in a directory in their name > so users could go to www.mysite.com/jack or www.my...

Web resources about - Create PHP pages from list of files in directory - comp.lang.php

Wikipedia:Quick directory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This page is a handy directory to various locations of interest in Wikipedia. Only dynamic pages should be listed here, no policy pages etc. ...

Wikipedia:WikiProject Council/Directory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Don't call us: Centrelink bosses remove phone numbers and email from directory
Tom was savvy enough to take his complaints straight to Centrelink management.

Don't call us: Centrelink bosses remove phone numbers and email from directory
Tom was savvy enough to take his complaints straight to Centrelink management.

Business Directory Listings: Eight Smart Tips for You to Get Started
If you are considering a business directory listing for your small business, congratulations – you are on the right track. Local SEO, local customers, ...

Atlas Partner Directory Launched
... just for Facebook and Instagram –advertising platform Atlas has one, as well. On that note, Atlas Tuesday introduced the Atlas Partner Directory ...

Slack announces App Directory store
... create more apps for the store, and a new framework called Botkit which should simplify the process of creating apps. The Slack App Directory, ...

Amazon brings Microsoft users into AWS with Active Directory service
Amazon has launched an AWS Directory Service for Active Directory , a fully managed implementation of Microsoft's authentication and user management ...

Security Recruiter Directory
To find the right security job or hire the right candidate, you first need to find the right recruiter. CSO's security recruiter directory is ...

Slack's App Directory proves it's more than just a chatroom
... are about to get a little easier to find and integrate within your team and over 160 of them live within the company's new Slack App Directory. ...