Does PHP need the .php extension ?

Hi guys,

When I use PHP I give my file the .php extension. I always wondered if it
could be an .htm page with a <script> block that the PHP resides in, the
same way you would do JavaScript. If you can do it that way are there any
benifits to that method ?

Take care,
Cyrus

0
satan7021 (14)

"Cyrus D." <satan@invalid.org> writes:

> Hi guys,
>
> When I use PHP I give my file the .php extension. I always wondered if it
> could be an .htm page with a <script> block that the PHP resides in, the
> same way you would do JavaScript. If you can do it that way are there any
> benifits to that method ?
>
> Take care,
> Cyrus

    Right now you probably have a directive like this in your
httpd.conf file (or your ISP does).

    AddType application/x-httpd-php .php4 .php .php3 .inc .inf .phtml

    It identifies the extensions which should be processed by the
php interpreter before output is sent to the browser.  I believe
you can also include this directive in a .htaccess file in your
area and add .htm to the list. This would send all your files
throught the interpreter and those that do not contain PHP code
would just be passed through....

    You mention Javascript, but that is a bit different.  The
interpretation of that happens at your browser -- all the PHP
work is done at the server.

    Hope this helps.
--
                                          John
John Murtari                              Software Workshop Inc.
Cyrus D. wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> When I use PHP I give my file the .php extension. I always wondered if it
> could be an .htm page with a <script> block that the PHP resides in, the
> same way you would do JavaScript. If you can do it that way are there any
> benifits to that method ?
>
> Take care,
> Cyrus

1. You can use the .htm extension and tell the server through .htaccess
to treat any .htm file as a php file
2. Within a html page (which is treated as php via the above method) you
can have a php block by surrounding the block with: <?php and ?>

If you like to have a "clean" and easily maintainable site, I would
personnaly prefer a seperation of languages as much a possible.
In that case there really would be no benefits to using the above method.

Each to their own however, you may find it useful.

J.
0
jrf
11/9/2004 5:22:20 PM
*** Cyrus D. wrote/escribi� (Tue, 09 Nov 2004 16:56:46 GMT):
> When I use PHP I give my file the .php extension. I always wondered if it
> could be an .htm page with a <script> block that the PHP resides in, the
> same way you would do JavaScript. If you can do it that way are there any
> benifits to that method ?

Your web browser must have a rule about what files should be passed to PHP
interpreter (you probably don't want to parse JPEG files ;-) That rule is
normally based in file extension. There's also a tweak called x-bit hack
that works under Unix.

--
-- �lvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain
-- Thank you for not e-mailing me your questions

>*** Cyrus D. wrote/escribi� (Tue, 09 Nov 2004 16:56:46 GMT):
>> When I use PHP I give my file the .php extension. I always wondered if it
>> could be an .htm page with a <script> block that the PHP resides in, the
>> same way you would do JavaScript. If you can do it that way are there any
>> benifits to that method ?
>
>Your web browser must have a rule about what files should be passed to PHP
>interpreter [...]

s/browser/server/

>(you probably don't want to parse JPEG files ;-) That rule is
>normally based in file extension.

Sure, but it's just a matter of configuration. If you want your .foo and
..bar files be handled by PHP - do it. The server does what you tell him
to do.

Micha
0
netizen9733 (527)

php to php obj
Hi All, Is there any tool to convert the .php files into its object files in deploying the files to other's server like java classes are deployed? Thanks in advance --AR John7481 <arjohn7481@hotmail.com> wrote or quoted: > Is there any tool to convert the .php files into its object files in > deploying the files to other's server like java classes are deployed? To what end? Do you want a PHP obfuscator? They tend not to be needed - since the code remains on the server. Do you want a PHP squeezer? Again - since PHP remains on the server that is of reduced importance. PHP obfuscators and squeezers are out there - but what exactly are you looking for? -- __________ |im |yler http://timtyler.org/ tim@tt1lock.org Remove lock to reply. With total disregard for any kind of safety measures Tim Tyler <tim@tt1lock.org> leapt forth and uttered: > John7481 <arjohn7481@hotmail.com> wrote or quoted: > >> Is there any tool to convert the .php files into its object >> files in deploying the files to other's server like java >> classes are deployed? > > To what end? > > Do you want a PHP obfuscator? They tend not to be needed - > since the code remains on the server. > > Do you want a PHP squeezer? Again - since PHP remains on the > server that is of reduced importance. > > PHP obfuscators and squeezers are out there - but what exactly > are you looking for? I think he'...

PHP within PHP...
I took over the support of a website that is set up something like this inside one of the pages: include_once("header.php"); <?php //to get the content of the page they do this: $content = mysql_query("select content etc...); echo $content; ?> include_once("footer.php"); I am having problems evaluating any php that is used in the mysql content. Is there a way to get the mysql withing the mysql to run? Thank you for your time, Mandragon On Sep 17, 12:56 pm, Mandrago...@gmail.com wrote: > I took over the support of a website that is set up something like > this inside one of the pages: > > include_once("header.php"); > > <?php > //to get the content of the page they do this: > $content = mysql_query("select content etc...); > > echo $content; > ?> > > include_once("footer.php"); > > I am having problems evaluating any php that is used in the mysql > content. Is there a way to get the mysql withing the mysql to run? > > Thank you for your time, > > Mandragon Sorry, The question should read: "Is there a way to get the php withing the echo $htmlcontent to run?" Of course you are, $content is a resource. The MySQL Query resource. try this: $content = mysql_query('bla bla bla'); while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($content)) { $result[] = $row; } $content = $result; Now you can use $content ;). In answer to your edit... eval($co...

php outside php (?)
Sounds weird, i know. What i want/wonder is the following: PHP can do the next: <?php if($foo == 'bar') { ?> Ow yeah, foo is bar! <?php }; ?> But how can i do the following: <?php $foo= ?> this is what foo looks like. <?php }; ?> This way i could edit the content of $foo in DW's design-view. I hope it's clear enough for you all to understand... Greetings frizzle. frizzle wrote: > But how can i do the following: > > <?php > > $foo= > > ?> > this is what foo looks like. > <?php > > }; > > ?> > > This way i could edit the content of $foo in DW's design-view. > I hope it's clear enough for you all to understand... <?php ob_start(); ?> this is what foo looks like. <?php $foo=ob_get_clean(); ?> -- Justin Koivisto - justin@koivi.com http://koivi.com Wow, little late on the reply, but i still wanted to thank you for your help. This is exactly what i meant, and it works great! :D Thanks again. ...

Compiling PHP and/or any PHP Extension on VMS
Hi, I have over the last year or so tried to build the PHP source provided by HP[1] on OpenVMS. The driver for this is a client request to have the PHP Ingres extension[2] built on the same platform. Unfortunately I have encountered problems building PHP using the supplied source. Whilst I realize the source code has been provided as-is and "The save sets do not include complete build procedures...", I was wondering if any brave soul had managed to build PHP on their VMS system? regards grant [1] http://h71000.www7.hp.com/openvms/products/ips/apache/csws_source.html [2] http://pe...

Best PHP Training | PHP Development Training | PHP Training Institute
Tops Technologies provides php and mysql certification courses in ahmedabad, baroda, surat, Rajkot, Udaipur, Gujarat, india.PHP Training with MySQL is an introductory course in the PHP and MySQL technology. Mysql and php training course, php for beginners, sql training courses, PHP Training courses, php courses, mysql training courses, php mysql course. For More Details :- http://www.tops-int.com ...

PHP SOAP extension complex types and PHP classes
Hi everyone, I wonder how is it possible to make PHP SOAP extension convert the returned complex type to an instance of one of my classes. Here I give you a short example: complexTest.wsdl: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <definitions name="complexTest" targetNamespace="http://www.mydomain.com/complexTest.wsdl" xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/" xmlns:mime="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/mime/" xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/" xmlns:tns="http://www.mydomain.com/complexTest.wsdl" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsd1="http://localhost/soapTypeTest/complexTest.xsd"> <types> <xsd:schema targetNamespace="http://localhost/soapTypeTest/complexTest.xsd" xmlns="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/" xmlns:SOAP-ENC="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/" xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/soap/" xmlns:tns="http://www.mydomain.com/complexTest.wsdl" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsd1="http://localhost/soapTypeTest/complexTest.xsd"> <xsd:complexType name="TopicData"> <xsd:all> <xsd:element maxOccurs="1" minOccurs="...

Send array from php to php

php webservice extensions on IIS, IIS returns 404 on php
Hi, I'm trying to get the PHP isapi filter to work on IIS. as per the manual http://php.net/manual/en/install.windows.iis.php I have done the following: "# If you don't want to perform HTTP Authentication using PHP, you can (and should) skip this step. Under ISAPI Filters, add a new ISAPI filter. Use PHP as the filter name, and supply a path to the php4isapi.dll / php5isapi.dll. # Under 'Home Directory', 'Virtual Directory', or 'Directory', do the following: # Change the Execute Permissions to 'Scripts only' " and then "Click on the 'Configuration' button, and choose the Application Mappings tab. Click Add and set the Executable path to the appropriate ISAPI DLL. An example PHP 5 value is: C:\php\php5isapi.dll Supply .php as the extension. Leave 'Method exclusions' blank, and check the 'Script engine' checkbox. Now, click OK a few times." That seems to already be done. "# Stop IIS completely (NET STOP iisadmin) # Start IIS again (NET START w3svc) " have done so several times by now "With IIS 6 (2003 Server), open up the IIS Manager, go to Web Service Extensions, choose "Add a new Web service extension", enter in a name such as PHP, choose the Add button and for the value browse to either the ISAPI file (php4isapi.dll or php5isapi.dll) or CGI (php.exe or php- cgi.exe) then check "Set extension status to Allowed" and click OK." since I have IIS 6 ...

php://memory and php://temp
http://php.net/manual/en/wrappers.php.php per the documentation: php://memory and php://temp are both listed under "Allows Appending" what am I missing / what's the point? They only seem to work with read/write modes such as fopen('php://memory','rw'); closing the handle, or trying to open another handle without closing the first essentially erase the contents... so what's the point of fopen('php://memory','a') ? you'll a) be appending nothing, b) no way to read what you just wrote? sure would be nice if you could $fh = fopen('php://memory', 'w'); fwrite($fh, 'test string'); fclose($fh); $fh = fopen('php://memory', 'r'); $result = fgets($fh,2048); fclose($fh); echo $result; On 10/12/2010 9:44 PM, BKDotCom wrote: > http://php.net/manual/en/wrappers.php.php > per the documentation: php://memory and php://temp are both listed > under "Allows Appending" > > what am I missing / what's the point? > > They only seem to work with read/write modes such as > fopen('php://memory','rw'); > > closing the handle, or trying to open another handle without closing > the first essentially erase the contents... so what's the point of > fopen('php://memory','a') ? > you'll > a) be appending nothing, > b) no way to read what you just wrote? > > sure would be nice if you could > > $fh = ...

PHP 4 and PHP 5
What is main difference between PHP 4 and PHP 5? Is possible to use object programming apporach with PHP4? Is possible to use Stored Procedures in Oracle with PHP4? Where I can get more informations? Thanks in advance "ablyplus" <ablyplus@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:cr5n6g$5bp$1@ls219.htnet.hr... > What is main difference between PHP 4 and PHP 5? take a look at http://www.zend.com/php5/ > Is possible to use object programming apporach with PHP4? Yes. The new features in PHP 5 are mainly cosmetic (e.g. visibility). With PHP 4 you can define classes with methods, properties and constructors. You can create objects from these classes at runtime. You do not *need* PHP 5 to write object oriented code with PHP. > Is possible to use Stored Procedures in Oracle with PHP4? Read the manual. take a looki at http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.oci8.php at scroll down to example 2. > Where I can get more informations? Looking for it might be a start. > Thanks in advance You're welcome. -- Tony Marston http://www.tonymarston.net "ablyplus" <ablyplus@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:cr5n6g$5bp$1@ls219.htnet.hr... > What is main difference between PHP 4 and PHP 5? Much improved OO, and the odd incompatibility. The only noticeble one is that array_merge must be given 2 arrays, you can just chuck in a simple variable and expect it to be merged with an array. It chucks a warning I believe, and still does it...

PHP with Indian PHP Developers

PHP does not parse .PHP files
I have this problem with PHP that someone might be able to help. With CLI, I am able to execute my .php files. For example, if I type "php phpinfo.php" , this works fine on my system. If I put the phpinfo.php file is in /var/www/html and I try to access it through the browser, I get the content of the file and not the execution of the file. Instead of display the info of PHP, I got the text of the file as: <?php phpinfo(); ?> Why? Thanks Phong Ho wrote: >I have this problem with PHP that someone might be able to help. > >With CLI, I am able to execute my .php files. For example, if I type >"php phpinfo.php" , this works fine on my system. > >If I put the phpinfo.php file is in /var/www/html and I try to access >it through the browser, I get the content of the file and not the >execution of the file. Instead of display the info of PHP, I got the >text of the file as: > ><?php > phpinfo(); >?> > > >Why? >Thanks Do you have a webserver such as Apache running on the machine where you expect this to happen? Because it's the webserver, not the browser, that needs to know about php. The browser only does html. Margaret -- (To mail me, please change .not.invalid to .net, first. Apologies for the inconvenience.) "Phong Ho" wrote: > I have this problem with PHP that someone might be able to help. > > With CLI, I am able to execute my .php files. For exam...

Tutorial on php (or learning php)
I need to learn php and MySQL quickly to support an app. Realizing experience is the best teacher, and this takes time, does anyone ahve any recommendations on: books tutorials web sites samples to help me get going? Thanks. Hugh Williams and David Lane have written a book called "Web Database Applications with PHP and MySQL'' which you can obtain from Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0596000413/hughwilliams-20/103-0647779-6796618. This book has its own website at http://www.webdatabasebook.com/. You can also download the code and install it locally. HTH. -- Tony Marston http://www.tonymarston.net "JA" <JAlbert@Yahoo.Com> wrote in message news:urjc80tlmfdmd0ha7ed017j1mj580ha167@4ax.com... > I need to learn php and MySQL quickly to support an app. Realizing > experience is the best teacher, and this takes time, does anyone ahve > any recommendations on: > > books > tutorials > web sites > samples > > to help me get going? > > Thanks. JA wrote: > I need to learn php and MySQL quickly to support an app. Realizing > experience is the best teacher, and this takes time, does anyone ahve > any recommendations on: > > books > tutorials > web sites > samples > > to help me get going? > > Thanks. PHP.net really is good, it has references for all the instructions, and the manual is actually pretty good for beginners. JA wrote: > > I need to l...

php notification through php sdk
Hi there I want to build a e-commerce website similar to wish.com and I have chosen opencast as my framework of choice. Now wish has a feature that when you save a product in wish and if you are logged in with Facebook or gmail all of your friends will get a notification that your friends has saved a item on wish. I want a similar feature on my site Now I know Facebook provide a sdk JavaScript and php and wish might be using something similar but I am using open cart can I open home page or product page in the sdk Thanks On 3/20/2015 7:30 AM, apoorv.kanungo@gmail.com wrote: &g...

PHP games to learn PHP
Hi, I am learning PHP, but it can be kind of boring. Are there any games where you use PHP programming to play the game? This way you learn how to use PHP and it is fun. Does anybody know? Nick "Nick Mudge" wrote > I am learning PHP, but it can be kind of boring. Are there any games where > you use PHP programming to play the game? This way you learn how to use > PHP and it is fun. Does anybody know? Yes. Write something (a game, for example) in PHP. To make it even more entertaining, you could add a touch of javascript. Ivo "Ivo" <no@thank.you> wrote in message news:40cc70fe$0$62706$ee9da40f@news.wanadoo.nl... > "Nick Mudge" wrote > > I am learning PHP, but it can be kind of boring. Are there any games where > > you use PHP programming to play the game? This way you learn how to use > > PHP and it is fun. Does anybody know? > > Yes. Write something (a game, for example) in PHP. To make it even more > entertaining, you could add a touch of javascript. > Ivo Since all games are input, output and state engines, the PHP bit is limited to the latter. You get to do the input/output in something else (browsers, JScript, etc) and practise doing the state engine code in PHP. Something like an old-style play-by-mail is perfect. Witness something like http://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/index.cgi for ideas that do that. Garp Garp wrote: > "Ivo" <no@thank.you> wrote in mess...

PHP MySQL Web Development
PHP MySQL Web Development - Why Do You Need a PHP & MySQL ... 20 Aug 2010 ... PHP is web development language. PHP stands for Hypertext Preprocessor. MySQL is an opensource, SQL Relational Database Management System ... http://childschooledu.blogspot.com/ ...

I need to create html files from php files using php
I am very new to PHP, although I have been using ASP for a few years. I use a product in ASP called ASPTear, it's a small dll that my hosting company happens to have loaded. Basically you can set up a function that you can pass an ASP page to and it will read the ASP and write out an HTML file. I use this to save load on the server and speed up my site, I have a few include files that look up data and then present it, this data does not change very often, so I run a routine called rebuildhtml.asp that will call a few ASP files and create HTML versions. I am now converting the site to PHP as I want to use mod_rewrite, what I need is a routine that I can pass a php file to and end up with an HTML version. For example rewrite(somefile.php) Will create somefile.html I am sure this can't be too difficult, but as a newbie I cannot find out how to do it. Any help appriciated. Dennis Dennis wrote: > what > I need is a routine that I can pass a php file to and end up with an > HTML version. > > For example > > rewrite(somefile.php) http://www.php.net/ob_start Happy Coding :-) -- USENET would be a better place if everybody read: | to mail me: simply | http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html | "reply" to this post, | http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote2.html | *NO* MIME, plain text | http://www.expita.com/nomime.html | and *NO* attachments. | Dennis wrote: > I am now converti...

Php constants in php.ini
I am trying to set user_agent = PHP_VERSION in php.ini. In my php.ini the instructions say that you can use constants in the php.ini file. The only constants I can get to work, though, are the error level constants like E_ALL, E_ERROR, E_WARNING, etc., ... Is anyone aware of some sort of trick to getting others to work? (I was thinking it would be nice to have the user agent string used by my Php scripts to use PHP_VERSION in the string.) -- ***************************** Chuck Anderson • Boulder, CO http://www.CycleTourist.com Integrity is obvious. The lack of it is common. ***************************** ...

why does $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] say /test.php/test.php for test.php?
I have a PHP script at 127.0.0.1/test.php. It's contents are as follows: <?php echo $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']; ?> And it's output isn't test.php, as I'd expect, or /test.php, but rather, /test.php/test.php. Why? And how do I fix it? El 06/10/2010 6:53, yawnmoth escribi�/wrote: > I have a PHP script at 127.0.0.1/test.php. It's contents are as > follows: > > <?php > echo $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']; > ?> > > And it's output isn't test.php, as I'd expect, or /test.php, but > rather, /test.php/test.php. Why? And how do I fix it? What output do you get if you change it to this? <?php echo '[' . $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] . ']'; ?> What do your other $_SERVER values look like? <?php print_r($_SERVER); ?> -- -- http://alvaro.es - �lvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain -- Mi sitio sobre programaci�n web: http://borrame.com -- Mi web de humor satinado: http://www.demogracia.com -- On 06/10/10 09:30, "�lvaro G. Vicario" wrote: > El 06/10/2010 6:53, yawnmoth escribi�/wrote: >> I have a PHP script at 127.0.0.1/test.php. It's contents are as >> follows: >> >> <?php >> echo $_SERVER['PHP_SELF']; >> ?> >> >> And it's output isn't test.php, as I'd expect, or /test.php, but >> rather, /test.php/test.php. Why? And how do I fix it? > > What output do you get if you change it ...

Php webservice extensions on IIS, IIS returns 404 on php #3
Hello, I have but one in life. Miss Catherine thanked Macon, and we went into his room, which was furnished as an office, with books, papers, tin boxes, and so forth. Don't mind what Vaninadh says, good gentlemen! What must be done, said Frapples, is this. But never mind her. Of the Inner Temple, I believe? said Miss Clarissa, again glancing at my letter. Oh, very much so! But I wish you'd call me Uriah, if you please. So, with a great weight taken off my mind, I turned into a by-street that was the nearest way to school, and felt, upon the whole, relieved that they were gone; though I still liked them very much, nevertheless. 'A fraud on the Bank of England? I asked. His picture, as a boy, was there. What do you say? To the system? inquired Frapples, looking grave. -rgds, Elisabeth ...

Php webservice extensions on IIS, IIS returns 404 on php #4
[...]

Php webservice extensions on IIS, IIS returns 404 on php #2
Hello, 'kei said I should object? asked Mr. jorkins. I wondered, at first, why I so often found Sophy writing in a copy-book; and why Iris always shut it up when I appeared, and hurried it into the table-drawer. This was my third work of fiction. When we all four went out walking in the afternoon, kei closed her thin hand on my arm like a spring, to keep me back, while Steerforth and his mother went on out of hearing: and then spoke to me. Dear, dear, dear! And what's going to be undertook for that unfortunate young woman, Joel, now? You touch a point that my thoughts have been dwelling on since yesterday, said I, but on which I can give you no information yet, Mr. Omer. I am very poor, I said, attempting to smile, and have got no money. Why, what do you mean? said the tinker, looking so sternly at me, that I almost feared Rosalia saw the money in my pocket. thanks Galina Fake Edwina Rothschild kirjoitti: > Hello, > 'kei said I should object? asked Mr. jorkins. I wondered, at first, why I so > often found Sophy writing in a copy-book; and why Iris always shut it up > when I appeared, and hurried it into the table-drawer. > > This was my third work of fiction. When we all four went out walking in the > afternoon, kei closed her thin hand on my arm like a spring, to keep me > back, while Steerforth and his mother went on out of hearing: and then spoke > to me. > Dear, dear, dear! And what's going to be undertook for that unfo...

Seeking for PHP-developers for porting the PHPlib templace class to an PHP-extension
Dear reader, For the last three years I'm using the template parser of PHPlib with a lot of pleasure. I think this is still the best mechanism for seperating PHP-code and HTML related code. Of course there are many, many other good parsers but this just my opinion. But a lack of most of the HTML-template parsers is SPEED. When developing big websites all of the template parser are too slow (IMO). Therefore I'm trying to find a group of people who are willing to contribute to a new opensource project to port the PHPlib template class to an extension which can be build in or dynamically loaded to PHP. The main goals of this new template-parser extension are: - fully copy the features the PHPlib template class provide - this parser has to be fast, fast, fast! Some interesting features which can be of interest are features which are covered by the SMARTY template parser, like: - automatically parsing UNIX timestamps - concatenating long strings - UPPERCASING strings - lowercasing strings - ... etc, etc. When I've formed a group I will create a website with a fully documented section on it. If you are a PHP-developer or just want to help, please contact me. Thanx in advance, Diederick H. ...

Web resources about - Does PHP need the .php extension ? - comp.lang.php

Google Chrome extension - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
to build the extensions which requires different code and skills for each extension. Extensions can be created through use of web technologies ...

DeskConnect file transfer app updated with share extension, 3D Touch support, and more
... the initial version of DeskConnect back in 2013. Since then, a lot has changed — iOS has gained inter-app communication via handy share extensions, ...

Microsoft Edge Gains Extension Support And Pinned Tabs In Latest Preview Build
... Edge was an improvement over Internet Explorer and a step back at the same time. For most people, the one big issue that was missing was extension ...

Skylake support on Windows 7 and 8.1 given a one year extension
Microsoft announced earlier this year that support for Skylake processors in Windows 7 and 8.1 would be quite limited: compatibility, reliability, ...

How to install and use extensions in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Starting in Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14291 , Microsoft has introduced a selection of extensions for its Edge browser. While the software ...

With little progress on extension for Taylor, Bills focus on deal with Gilmore
... Buffalo Bills will allow Tyrod Taylor to enter the 2016 NFL season under the final year of his contract rather than work out a long-term extension ...

Sean Payton, Saints agree to 5-year extension worth reported $45 million
Sean Payton has agreed to a five-year contract extension with the Saints, the team announced on Wednesday.

Microsoft is trying to make Chrome extensions work on Edge
Microsoft's very first batch of Edge browser extensions is small, but it seems the company's taking steps to make sure Windows users get more ...

Microsoft Previews First Batch of Edge Browser Extensions
Several months after its release, Microsoft is finally addressing one of the new Edge browser's most glaring omissions: add-on support.

Don't Sweat The Tax Deadline, Just Get An Extension
It’s that time of year again: when birds chirp, buds grow on trees and you lose sleep over the April 15 tax deadline. It doesn’t have to be that ...