file upload not saving file

Hello,
When I upload an image to the server I get the message:

Warning: Only -1 bytes were written, expected to write 547

The server phpinfo lists  :

file_uploads On
upload_max_filesize 2M
upload_tmp_dir /tmp
PHP Version 4.4.1

so I created a directory named tmp at the root of my "server space" and

gave it chmod 777, but still the same error occurs. This is the result
of print_r($_FILES['myfile']) :

Array ( [name] => 2.jpg [type] => [tmp_name] => [error] => 7 [size] =>
0 )

Error 7 in the PHP manual is :

UPLOAD_ERR_CANT_WRITE
Value: 7; Failed to write file to disk. Introduced in PHP 5.1.0.

Any ideas what is wrong?

0
myahact (50)

zorro wrote:
> Hello,
> When I upload an image to the server I get the message:
>
> Warning: Only -1 bytes were written, expected to write 547
>

> The server phpinfo lists  :
>

> file_uploads On
> upload_max_filesize 2M
> upload_tmp_dir /tmp

Try using the full path name of /tmp.

I think php is trying to write to the tmp dir in the root directory of
the hard drive not the tmp dir in your home directory

TIm

0
tim.n.hunt (83)
5/25/2006 3:42:57 PM
yup, it was a path thing during move_uploaded_file...

I had this:

@move_uploaded_file($_FILES['picture']['tmp_name'],
$_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"] . APP_PATH . "pictures/" . $newname);

then removing $_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"] . APP_PATH got it working

0
myahact (50)

PHP File upload
Hi, I have to allow my visitors to upload image on my site. I am using the follwoing code to do that: $uploaddir = 'admin/'; $uploadfile = $uploaddir . basename($_FILES['userfile']['name']); move_uploaded_file($_FILES['userfile']['tmp_name'], $uploadfile); My problem is that I expect them to use same file name, like all of them will be uploading files like, comments.rtf. So if there is already one comments.rtf the file will get overwriten... so the challenge is to rename the files to username-filename.rtf can anybody here will take the pain to modify...

Q: File Exchange --- posted file not there yet. Should I upload file again?
I posted a file to the file exchange yesterday, but it is not showing up yet. How long does it usuallly take for the file to show up? Should I upload it again or wait? James Tursa James Tursa <aclassyguywithaknotac@hotmail.com> wrote in message <f058j3h10e632t855riru5bocpodhvgu3k@4ax.com>... > > I posted a file to the file exchange yesterday, but it is not showing > up yet. How long does it usuallly take for the file to show up? Should > I upload it again or wait? > > James Tursa It can take a few days depending on workload, holidays/weekends, sick days etc....

upload file error 3: "The uploaded file was only partially uploaded"
I've a file that starts like this: <form id="pdsForm" method="post" action="/mcControlPanel.php" class="mcForm" charset="UTF-8" enctype="multipart/form-data" > and it contains this input: <input id="biopic" name="biopic" type="file" /> The script recieving it does this: $biopic = $this->core->getVar("biopic"); if (is_array($biopic)) { print_r($biopic); I get: Array ( [name] => L-monkeySmall.jpg [type] => [tmp_name] => [error] => 3 [size] => 0 ) Error 3 is "Array ( [name] => L-monkeySmall.jpg [type] => [tmp_name] => [error] => 3 [size] => 0 )". As you can see, 0 kilobytes were uploaded. What should I look for? I've been looking on the web for awhile and so far I've found little useful information about what Error 3 typically indicates. lawrence k <lkrubner@geocities.com> wrote: > I've a file that starts like this: > > <form id=3D"pdsForm" method=3D"post" action=3D"/mcControlPanel.php" > class=3D"mcForm" charset=3D"UTF-8" enctype=3D"multipart/form-data" > > > > and it contains this input: > > <input id=3D"biopic" name=3D"biopic" type=3D"file" /> > > The script recieving it does this: > > $biopic =3D $this->core->getVar(&qu...

Unix files saved in a D3 file save are changed
Hello All: When I restore an account where the D3 file is actually a Q-pointed Linux directory, a line containing the name of the Linux file is inserted before the rest of the file item. Does anyone know why or how to avoid this? D3 item looks like this: :ED MD DS2.UQ.BIN top ..P 001 QS 002 003 /dsol/dscope/da/bin eoi 003 Linux file before restore: :ED DS2.UQ.BIN mvhttp-client top ..P 001 #!/usr/bin/perl 002 # 003 # Copyright (C) 2015... Linux file after restore: :ED DS2.UQ.BIN mvhttp-client top ..P 001 mvhttp-client 002 #!/usr/bin/perl 003 # 004 # Copyright (C) 2015... System info: D3 Version: D3 lx-7.5.12-.Z Linux Version: RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 5.2 x64 running kernel 2.6.18-92.1.22.el5PAE Running on: Dell PowerEdge 1900 with dual Intel Xeon E5320 processors with a PERC 5/i RAID controller in (I believe) RAID 5 configuration I'd ask this question on the Pick & Multivalue group on google, as this newsgroup is essentially defunct First port of call wuld be to upgrade D3 ... at least to latest versions in 7.5.x, if not beyond to 9.x --> check release notes as this could be an issue that was/is resolved ...

I can not get file uploads to show up when I upload a file

File Upload issue
I am using PHP Version 4.4.3 under Linux/Apachie to upload files. The PHP.ini upload_max_filesize is 2M, which I need to override this in the HTML (see below). I changed the MAX_FILE_SIZE to 4,000,000 but the system only accepts files less than 2M. Is the override wrong, do I need to raise the limit in the PHP.ini file, or is the Apachie issue. <form name="upload" action="admin.php" method="post" enctype="multipart/form-data"> <input type="hidden" name="MAX_FILE_SIZE" value="4000000"> On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 15:31:22 -0600, David <dm_fw@sbcglobal.net> wrote: >I am using PHP Version 4.4.3 under Linux/Apachie to upload files. >The PHP.ini upload_max_filesize is 2M, which I need to override this >in the HTML (see below). You can't override it in the HTML (it would be pointless if you could). > I changed the MAX_FILE_SIZE to 4,000,000 >but the system only accepts files less than 2M. This is correct. >do I need to raise the limit in the PHP.ini file, Yes. -- Andy Hassall :: andy@andyh.co.uk :: http://www.andyh.co.uk http://www.andyhsoftware.co.uk/space :: disk and FTP usage analysis tool On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 15:31:22 -0600, David wrote: > I am using PHP Version 4.4.3 under Linux/Apachie to upload files. > The PHP.ini upload_max_filesize is 2M, which I need to override this > in the HTML (see below). I changed the MAX_FILE_SIZE to 4,000,000 &...

Create Files/ Upload Files
Hi Can anyone explain by example how to create a new file on server and then upload some files to that newly created folder? But before we create the file check that an existing file does not already exist and then upload the files to the newly created directory. Thanks Baka On Jun 26, 7:49 am, abhm <bak...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi > > Can anyone explain by example how to create a new file on server and > then upload some files to that newly created folder? > > But before we create the file check that an existing file does not > already exist and then upload the files to the newly created > directory. > > Thanks > Baka To get started, look at the manual page for the file command. file mkdir, for example, creates a folder. file exists tests for the existence of a file. At 2007-06-26 10:49AM, "abhm" wrote: > Hi > > Can anyone explain by example how to create a new file on server and > then upload some files to that newly created folder? > > But before we create the file check that an existing file does not > already exist and then upload the files to the newly created > directory. Here's an example of how to send a file upload *to* a URL: http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Tcl/Recipe/109363 To write a CGI script that receives an uploaded file, see: http://tcllib.sourceforge.net/doc/ncgi.html -- Glenn Jackman "You can only be young once. But you can always be imm...

PHP upload
Hi, I have to allow my visitors to upload image on my site. I am using the follwoing code to do that: $uploaddir = 'admin/'; $uploadfile = $uploaddir . basename($_FILES['userfile']['name']); move_uploaded_file($_FILES['userfile']['tmp_name'], $uploadfile); My problem is that I expect them to use same file name, like all of them will be uploading files like, comments.rtf. So if there is already one comments.rtf the file will get overwriten... so the challenge is to rename the files to username-filename.rtf can anybody here will take the pain to modify this code, I will be thankful, or please guide to me some tutorial where they are dealing with simple code and not with advanced classes. Thank you in advane Regards, Jaunty Edward On 14 d�c. 2004, Sir smilesinblues@hotpop.com claimed in news:1103007578.311827.196640@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com: > Hi, > I have to allow my visitors to upload image on my site. > > I am using the follwoing code to do that: > > $uploaddir = 'admin/'; > $uploadfile = $uploaddir . basename($_FILES['userfile']['name']); > move_uploaded_file($_FILES['userfile']['tmp_name'], $uploadfile); > > My problem is that I expect them to use same file name, like all of > them will be uploading files like, comments.rtf. So if there is already > one comments.rtf the file will get overwriten... so the challenge is to > rename the files to...

file extention from file file location
Hi, I am new to perl (only working on this one problem) but I program in other languages. We have an upload script written in cgi. Can anyone tell me how to get the file extension from the variable $File1 (actual file location on uploader's computer) then find out if it is equal to "txt" Thanks in advance for not telling me to read the manual. Ron -- PLEASE NOTE: comp.infosystems.www.authoring.cgi is a SELF-MODERATED newsgroup. aa.net and boutell.com are NOT the originators of the articles and are NOT responsible for their content. HOW TO POST to co...

want to get content of one php file in another php file
i have one php file having content Contents of ex1.php file <body> <?php $content = "c://webserver/www/abc.php"; $handle = fopen($content, "r"); echo fread($handle,filesize($content)); ?> </body> this is reading abc.php file in which i m simply using an echo statement. When i execute ex1.php file i cant see the php statement of abc.php file content of abc.php file is <?php echo "hello";?> sarika wrote: > i have one php file having content > > Contents of ex1.php file > <body> > <?php > $content = "c://webserver/www/abc.php"; > $handle = fopen($content, "r"); > echo fread($handle,filesize($content)); > ?> > </body> > this is reading abc.php file in which i m simply using an echo > statement. When i execute ex1.php file i cant see the php statement of > abc.php file > > content of abc.php file is > <?php echo "hello";?> That's interesting, I've found out that it's the browser that's hiding <?php ?> tags within .phpx pages. Probably to avoid short tags scripts (on a server that doesn't allow them) from getting leaked by visitors who don't know about this browser trick, until the dev' realizes his error. Not a good thing, IMO; dev's should take care, themselves, and it's still not secure since the hidden string is still in the rendered source. And now we don't know how ...

Open .php file with PHP Designer 2007 by clicking the file in XP
In windows XP, I want to be able to click on a .php file and have it opened in PHP Designer 2007, Or right-click on it and have an "edit" menu option presented to me. I know how to tweak the registry to do this in general, but what would the command line look like in this specific case ? PHP Designer does not do this automatically. It is as if the program does not allow commandline options. It only opens with the last file used or a menu of recently opened files. ...

Is a PHP variable supposed to be seen in a .js file included into a .php file
Is a PHP variable supposed to be seen in a .js file included into a .php file? I have a client side javascript code stored in a .js file which is included into a PHP file using <script src="filename.js></script> This code initialises a Javascript variable var u="string"; The string is supposed to be the value of $HTTP_HOST So, when initialise this variable like var u=<? echo $HTTP_HOST;?>; I sterted getting a javascript message Syntax Error Am I doing something wrong, or PHP variables are not seen in included js files? aa wrote: > Is a PHP variable supposed to be seen in a .js file included into a .php > file? > > I have a client side javascript code stored in a .js file which is included > into a PHP file using > <script src="filename.js></script> > > This code initialises a Javascript variable > var u="string"; > > The string is supposed to be the value of $HTTP_HOST > > So, when initialise this variable like > > var u=<? echo $HTTP_HOST;?>; > > I sterted getting a javascript message Syntax Error > > Am I doing something wrong, or PHP variables are not seen in included js > files? js files are not parsed for PHP code unless you specifically tell the webserver to do so. Therefore, "var u=<? echo $HTTP_HOST;?>;" in the .js will error since the browser doesn't know what to do. -- Justin Koivisto - spam@koiv...

Iteration through File.file? misses entries for which File.file?(entry) == true
Hello everyone, I'm new to Ruby, so I'm most likely making an elementary mistake. However, searching Google didn't help me find my answer, and after mucking around with irb I still haven't figured it out. I wrote a method that was intended to take all of the files in a given directory and put them into an array. Here's the code I wrote: def getFiles(dir) pwdFiles = Array.new Dir.foreach(dir) do |entry| pwdFiles.push(entry) if File.file?(entry) == true end end This works fine when called on the working directory --- that is, getFile...

Saving a file and showing file information.

Saving Binary File to .txt file
I need to process data in many binary files. If I open the file in Wordpad the data is readable. If I save the file as a Text Document I can process the .txt file in VB via the Open and Line Input commands. I would like to loop through all my binary files and convert them to .txt in VB code instead of manually doing the conversion. Can someone point me to the code to do this? Thanks, Pete On Sun, 07 May 2006 14:10:32 -0500, Peter Bassett <pbassett2223@comcast.net> wrote: >I need to process data in many binary files. If I open the file in Wordpad >the data is readable. If I save the file as a Text Document I can process >the .txt file in VB via the Open and Line Input commands. > >I would like to loop through all my binary files and convert them to .txt >in VB code instead of manually doing the conversion. Can someone point me >to the code to do this? Without knowing the format of these 'binary' files, there is not much to suggest. It is odd that Wordpad will display what we normally call 'binary data' meaningfully. Where dd those files come from ? There is not a single answer to what you are asking. The answer depends to what you want to do. For example, you want to reject all the non readable characters (with ASCII code below 0x20 or 32 in decimal) or just to read a fixed amount of data that would fill a line in Wordpad and append to that the Carriage Return - Line Feed characters at the end? Or... Regards GM "...

save file to multiple backup files
Hi all I need to save a file to several other files as a backup, any help appreciated. Best regards Ed ...

how to save .mat file to .txt file
Hi,all Currently I am doing a project of signal processing and the results are saved as .mat file, the problem is I don't konw how to saved it as .txt file. I need to import the result in another application which can only recognize .txt file. Any comments/help will be greatly appreciated. On Feb 17, 3:16=A0pm, "Rong " <ron...@huawei.com> wrote: > Hi,all > =A0 =A0 Currently I am doing a project of signal processing and the resul= ts are saved as .mat file, the problem is I don't konw how to saved it as .= txt file. I need to import the result in another application which can only= recognize .txt file. > =A0 =A0 Any comments/help will be greatly appreciated. Here's one way of writing an ASCII file - I assume that is what you mean by a .txt file(?): help csvwrite "Rong " <rong_z@huawei.com> wrote in message <gnd6l1$ahd$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hi,all > Currently I am doing a project of signal processing and the results are saved as .mat file, the problem is I don't konw how to saved it as .txt file. I need to import the result in another application which can only recognize .txt file. > Any comments/help will be greatly appreciated. try this: Mat2Ascii.p you can search this Mat2Ascii.rar ...

File Upload works but only for empty file
Good Day, I can upload a file as long as it is empty (thanks Hendri Kurniawan). I do not know where to look. Can someone help me understand what I need to do to upload a small image. http://chops.novatrope.com/game/test/upload_file3.php Here is some more info http://chops.novatrope.com/info.php Thanks, Arthur Jacobs On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 14:10:10 -0800, Arthur Jacobs <star@sonic.net> wrote: >I can upload a file as long as it is empty (thanks Hendri Kurniawan). >I do not know where to look. > >Can someone help me understand what I need to do to upload a small image. http://php.net/results.php?q=upload+file -- Andy Hassall :: andy@andyh.co.uk :: http://www.andyh.co.uk http://www.andyhsoftware.co.uk/space :: disk and FTP usage analysis tool Arthur Jacobs wrote: > Good Day, > > I can upload a file as long as it is empty (thanks Hendri Kurniawan). > I do not know where to look. > > Can someone help me understand what I need to do to upload a small > image. http://chops.novatrope.com/game/test/upload_file3.php > > Here is some more info http://chops.novatrope.com/info.php Perhaps: upload_tmp_dir no value It should take the systems default if nothing is set, but maybe there's something wrong with it. Try to make a tmp dir, chmod 0766, set it as upload_tmp_dir, and try again. If that doesn't work, maybe try 0777. The rest of the values all seem OK. -- Rik Wasmus Rik wrote: > Arthur Jacobs wrote: >> Go...

Can upload files, but not a xls file.

file php how a js recalled by other file
I have a File0.php with code: <?php $var2='Hello'; ?> <script type="text/javascript"> var vp2 = '<?php print $var2; ?>' ; document.write(vp2) ; </script> ok work; but would like to use other solutions, also to see how work php with js: 1) var vp2 = '<?php $var2; ?>' ; why so not work ? (absolute want print or echo) 2) to move this row <?php $var2='Hello'; ?> form File0.php to a new file1.js see that it is a php code, think that only solution is however to make a file1.php but with header in javascript that will be recalled after from File0.php: is possible , how ? (noice, not want use include o require beause interesting at insert .js (or simulation) inner php file) ...

File Permissions of PHP Session Files
Hi! I noticed that the file permissions (unix) of the PHP session files have only read and write permissions for the Apache process (600 or rw- --- ---). Does anyone have any idea where this permission is set ? I can't find any umask or chmod settings for it in the php.ini file. Can't find anything in the httpd.conf either. Is it set in the PHP code that implements session_start()? Thanks for any pointers Those files are created and modified by the the apache process, so you probably want the umask of that user (most likely "nobody"). Just out of curiosity, why do you...

File name of a new file before saving
I notice that the method ModelDoc2.GetPathName () returns an empty string if the file hasn't been saved yet. Ok, I understand that - no save, no path. But then how do I assign a config specific custom property of the Mass to a part that hasn't yet been saved? If you do it manually, SW puts in the mass property such as "SW-mass@@Default@Part2.SLDPRT". How do I capture the "Part2.sldprt" without using the GetPathName? WT Try Part::GetTitle "Wayne Tiffany" <wayne.tiffanyRMVJUNK@asi.com> wrote in message news:2lippaFd9u3lU1@uni-berlin.de... >...

File Upload
I'm writing a script to upload images along with articles to a directory on the server. I'm developing it offline on my WinXP and Apache 1.3.x laptop and it's working great, but when I move the script to the server, I get write errors when the file attempts to upload. So I set up a test script (included below) to test the directory structures all the way up to the file, and every directory appears to be writable, yet I can't write to the test file. I keep seeing suggestions to set the open_basedir directive in the php.ini file to solve this, but it's hasn't worked ye...

saving a tdms file to a wav file
Can someone advise me on what I'm doing wrong?Attached is a picture of my simple code. I have 4 channels of data saved in a tdms file. I want to read in the last channel (3rd element of the array) and save this to a wave file. &nbsp; I have no problems "playing" this 3rd array directly to my speakers. It was data taken with a microphone.. &nbsp; Any ideas? &nbsp; Thanks!Jeff code.JPG: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/255585/1/code.JPG Judging from the error message, a "build array" function on the broken wire would do. Herbert ...

Web resources about - file upload not saving file - comp.lang.php

Wikipedia:Files for upload - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Welcome to Files for Upload , part of WikiProject Articles for creation . This process was created to allow unregistered users to add new files ...

Windows Users: Upload Photos To Facebook Via URL
... users on Windows , the site recently made it easier to share photos. Now you can simply copy and paste a photo URL when prompted to upload a ...

James Gunn - Handy-Uploads - Facebook
Working with my brother Sean Gunn on Guardians of the Galaxy. This photo is from Sci-Fi magazine which features a great article on how we work ...

upload-14
Visit the post for more.

How to Shoot and Upload Videos for PowerPoint Presentations
... put many people off, and the cost of hiring a film crew, actors, and a post-production studio to […] The post How to Shoot and Upload Videos ...

New Photo Upload Options for Facebook Page Admins
Facebook page administrators may soon have a variety of ways to upload photos to their pages. Clicking on photo/video in pages’ status update ...

Facebook users upload so many videos, it had to invent a whole new system to deal with them
Facebook users are uploading so many videos to the social network that its engineers had to come up with an entirely new system for handling ...

Uplet Lets You Upload Instagram Photos from Your Mac
Not being able to upload photos from a desktop has been a long-simmering complaint about Instagram. You can understand it from their point of ...

Facebook’s Moments app quietly adds video, new upload settings
Getting photos from your friends can be a hassle, but Facebook’s Moments app lets you do just that with a private area where everyone can send ...