Form fields to same field

I have a form to be completed by a teacher. They are to input 30
grades on the form (along with teacher name, period number, etc). This
will store all 30 grades  in one field in my sql table. The multiple
forms into one field has me baffled. I am a newbie but appreciate all
the help! Thanks in advance.
0
dkelb1970 (4)

>I have a form to be completed by a teacher. They are to input 30
>grades on the form (along with teacher name, period number, etc). This
>will store all 30 grades  in one field in my sql table.
Is that 1 grade each for 30 students?  Better be sure you keep the order
straight if so, and deal with missing grades (e.g. student was absent).

You said one form above.

>The multiple
>forms into one field has me baffled.

Now you've got multiple forms?

>I am a newbie but appreciate all
>the help! Thanks in advance.

WHY does it store 30 grades *in one field*?  That's poor database
design.  Read up on database normalization.

If you're stuck with an existing design and can't change it, I suggest
you look at existing data to figure out how to cram 30 grades into one
field.  They might separate individual grades with a colonoscopy.  Or
something else.  (Google "CBS Cares Colonoscopy Sweepstakes").

On Mar 18, 10:33=A0pm, gordonb.sw...@burditt.org (Gordon Burditt) wrote:
> >I have a form to be completed by a teacher. They are to input 30
> >grades on the form (along with teacher name, period number, etc). This
> >will store all 30 grades =A0in one field in my sql table.
>
> Is that 1 grade each for 30 students? =A0Better be sure you keep the orde=
> straight if so, and deal with missing grades (e.g. student was absent).
>
> You said one form above.
>
> >The multiple
> >forms into one field has me baffled.
>
> Now you've got multiple forms?
>
> >I am a newbie but appreciate all
> >the help! Thanks in advance.
>
> WHY does it store 30 grades *in one field*? =A0That's poor database
> design. =A0Read up on database normalization.
>
> If you're stuck with an existing design and can't change it, I suggest
> you look at existing data to figure out how to cram 30 grades into one
> field. =A0They might separate individual grades with a colonoscopy. =A0Or
> something else. =A0(Google "CBS Cares Colonoscopy Sweepstakes").

I am storing them into one field so I can take the average of the
field. I am not trying to create a gradebook. I am not in need to
keeping each grade -- just the 30 numbers.
0
dkelb1970 (4)
3/19/2009 4:25:57 AM
On Mar 19, 4:25=A0am, dkelb1...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Mar 18, 10:33=A0pm, gordonb.sw...@burditt.org (Gordon Burditt) wrote:
>

> > >I have a form to be completed by a teacher. They are to input 30
> > >grades on the form (along with teacher name, period number, etc). This
> > >will store all 30 grades =A0in one field in my sql table.
>
> > Is that 1 grade each for 30 students? =A0Better be sure you keep the or=
der
> > straight if so, and deal with missing grades (e.g. student was absent).
>
> > You said one form above.
>
> > >The multiple
> > >forms into one field has me baffled.
>
> > Now you've got multiple forms?
>
> > >I am a newbie but appreciate all
> > >the help! Thanks in advance.
>
> > WHY does it store 30 grades *in one field*? =A0That's poor database
> > design. =A0Read up on database normalization.
>
> > If you're stuck with an existing design and can't change it, I suggest
> > you look at existing data to figure out how to cram 30 grades into one
> > field. =A0They might separate individual grades with a colonoscopy. =A0=
Or
> > something else. =A0(Google "CBS Cares Colonoscopy Sweepstakes").
>
> I am storing them into one field so I can take the average of the
> field. I am not trying to create a gradebook. I am not in need to
> keeping each grade -- just the 30 numbers.

Getting the average is EASIER if you store one result per row instead
of trying to cram 30 results into 1 roe.  Nearly all database engines
support aggregate functions.
0
gordon.mcvey (380)
3/19/2009 9:11:58 AM
dkelb1970@gmail.com wrote:
> On Mar 18, 10:33 pm, gordonb.sw...@burditt.org (Gordon Burditt) wrote:
>>> I have a form to be completed by a teacher. They are to input 30
>>> grades on the form (along with teacher name, period number, etc). This
>>> will store all 30 grades  in one field in my sql table.
>> Is that 1 grade each for 30 students?  Better be sure you keep the order
>> straight if so, and deal with missing grades (e.g. student was absent).
>>
>> You said one form above.
>>
>>> The multiple
>>> forms into one field has me baffled.
>> Now you've got multiple forms?
>>
>>> I am a newbie but appreciate all
>>> the help! Thanks in advance.
>> WHY does it store 30 grades *in one field*?  That's poor database
>> design.  Read up on database normalization.
>>
>> If you're stuck with an existing design and can't change it, I suggest
>> you look at existing data to figure out how to cram 30 grades into one
>> field.  They might separate individual grades with a colonoscopy.  Or
>> something else.  (Google "CBS Cares Colonoscopy Sweepstakes").
>
> I am storing them into one field so I can take the average of the
> field. I am not trying to create a gradebook. I am not in need to
> keeping each grade -- just the 30 numbers.

Gordon is correct.  Start by normalizing your database.  Google for
"database normalization", then ask for more help in comp.databases.mysql.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address

> On Mar 18, 10:33�pm, gordonb.sw...@burditt.org (Gordon Burditt) wrote:
>> >I have a form to be completed by a teacher. They are to input 30
>> >grades on the form (along with teacher name, period number, etc).
This
>> >will store all 30 grades �in one field in my sql table.
>>
>> Is that 1 grade each for 30 students? �Better be sure you keep the
orde
>> straight if so, and deal with missing grades (e.g. student was
absent).

>> You said one form above.
>>
>> >The multiple
>> >forms into one field has me baffled.
>>
>> Now you've got multiple forms?
>>
>> >I am a newbie but appreciate all
>> >the help! Thanks in advance.
>>
>> WHY does it store 30 grades *in one field*? �That's poor database
>> design. �Read up on database normalization.
>>
>> If you're stuck with an existing design and can't change it, I
suggest
>> you look at existing data to figure out how to cram 30 grades into
one
>> field. �They might separate individual grades with a colonoscopy. �Or
>> something else. �(Google "CBS Cares Colonoscopy Sweepstakes").
>
> I am storing them into one field so I can take the average of the
> field. I am not trying to create a gradebook. I am not in need to
> keeping each grade -- just the 30 numbers.

Here's what I would do:
Three tables:
1. Student info
(id, name)
Values:
George, John, Mary, Sam
2. Results info
(id, student_id, grade, test_id)
Values:
1, 1, 1
2, 2, 1
3, 2, 1
4, 1, 1
1, 2, 1
2, 3, 1
3, 1, 1
4, 1, 1
3. Tests info
(id, testname, date)
Values:
1, ABC, 2009-03-17

SQL:
SELECT name, testname, AVG(grade)
FROM results
JOIN student ON result.student_id = student.id
JOIN tests ON result.test_id = tests.id
GROUP BY name
ORDER BY name

Output:
George, ABC, 1.5
John, ABC, 2.5
Mary, ABC,1.5
Sam, ABC, 1

--
Adrienne Boswell at Home
Arbpen Web Site Design Services

arbpen454 (114)

Form field value into another form field?
I have a form that submits some js created data through a formmail script. One field of the form is a text box for the person's name. I'd like the subject line of the resulting email to be "Some Specific Text " + the_name. I believe it's possible, but am lost as to the strategy? TIA, Larry L Simple: documet.FORMNAME.ELEMENTNAME.value='YOUR TEXT HERE'+documet.FORMNAME.ELEMENTNAME.value; Danny On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 19:51:34 -0700, Larry <noway@none.com> wrote: > I have a form that submits some js created data through a formmail > ...

Update one form field when another field updates on a form
Hi. I've been at this database all day so this may come out muddled. I have MS Access 2000 in which I have a form with a several fields in which dollar amounts are entered. It's like this: [Estimated1] [Actual1] [Difference1] [Estimated2] [Actual2] [Difference2] [Estimated3] [Actual3] [Difference3] [EstTotal] [ActTotal] [DiffTotal] A procedure in each Estimated and Actual field subtracts Actual from Estimated and updates the Difference field each time an amount is entered. I'm needing to know how to update the Totals at the bottom of each column as the sum of each, but can't seem to come up with it. Will I have to include that in the same procedure as the one for each Difference update? Can anyone help? Thank you for any help! Regards, Greg. From the example below, I'm not sure if your table contains the 12 fields shown? Or does your example represent a continuous form, where there are 3 fields, and totals in the group footer? Either way the solution is going to be to build a relational database structure, and not a spreadsheet in Access. Presumably this represents a record that has pairs of estimates and actuals for several different things. In a relational database, you have one record for the main thing (customer? month? whatever), and a related table where you have a record for each estimate/actual pair. The related table will have fields like this: ID AutoNumber primary key FKID ...

How to have field values transported to fields in another form?
Somebody willing to assist me in the following? I want to have values from one field copied to another field when I choose choose a item from a drop down menu. I have 2 forms: 1 Company contact info 2 Employee contact info When I finished form 1, I jump to form 2. There I have to fill in the employee name etc., but also the conpany he works for (with a drop doenmenu). When I choosed the company from the list (coming from form 1), I would like Access thus automatically fills the contact info fields from the employee wich are probably the same: like company phone, conpany fax, email. When the field value is not the same, I still want to have the possibility to change the values into unique employee contact info. How to perform this? This is some info for the VB script: From: frmCompany: Control Scourse = PhoneNumber (# company) Copied to field: frmEmployee: Control Scourse = Work Phone (# employee) Bart Access 2003 / Win xp sp2 I would suggest you do this in a completely difeerent way that simplifies your data entry. First you need tables that look like: TblCompany CompanyID CompanyName ... ... CompanyPhone CompanyFax CompanyEmail TblEmployee EmployeeID CompanyID FName MI LName ... ... ContactInfoSameAsCompany 'Yes/No EmployeePhone EmployeeFax EmployeeEmail Data entry would be by a form/subform where the main form is based on a query based on TblCompany and the subform is based on a query based on TblEmployee. The subform would be a single form rather than ...

Populating form field with input from 2 other fields
I have a page at http://www.test.check.com.au/formfields.html which invites paid subscriptions to a local residents association. Once they have paid, they are issued with membership cards. The name of the person who fills in the form goes on a membership card and he can nominate other family members for membership cards. I would like the main subscriber's first and last names to appear in the readonly slot 1 - either on keystroke (which would be cool) or on changing focus to another field. The reason for separating first and last names is that the subscriber is asked whethe...

Copying data from field to field in form automatically ?
Hi everybody - hope you can help out here. I have a form in a database, which is a columnar form from one of the tables in the db - there is a sub-form to the form which is a datasheet view of another table in the db. The LinkChilds property is set to show connected records from both tables. What I'd like to do is copy and paste, or use some other method of writing, the contents of one field in one table in the form, to a field in the table in the sub-form, preferably with a button on the form which will copy the data without having to manually copy and paste from field to field. Is this sort of thing possible ?, and could anybody maybe point me in the right direction as to how it might be done. Cheers, and thanks in advance. Andy A N D R E W H U T C H I N G S , N E W C A S T L E UK e-mail: andy@airnorth.demon.co.uk --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.545 / Virus Database: 339 - Release Date: 27/11/2003 Andy, Put the main form in design mode, drop a command button on it, and add some code like this to the button's OnClick property (it will copy from the main form to the subform): me.subFormName.Form.Field1Name = me.Field1Name me.subFormName.Form.Field2Name = me.Field2Name .... "Andy Hutchings" <andy@airnorth.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:bqo8ms$lre$1$8302bc10@news.demon.co.uk... > Hi everybody - hope you can help out here. > > I have a form ...

Calculate field based on another field in form
Is there a way I can calculate a field in a form based on another field in the same form. When clicking submit, both values should be posted to the next page. I want to be able to type in a value in one field, and automatically in a second field the value*1,36 should appear. jochen scheire wrote: > Is there a way I can calculate a field in a form based on another field in > the same form. When clicking submit, both values should be posted to the > next page. I want to be able to type in a value in one field, and > automatically in a second field the value*1,36 should appear. ...

copy and paste form RTF document into field in asp form cause it to bypass field length and javascript validation
I have a web form with several fields. If I copy & paste from a RTF document into a field, the javascript validation and field length are bypassed and cause the form to fail. Any ideas? In article <m1toc.2789$yF6.883@bignews5.bellsouth.net>, noname@nonegiven.net enlightened us with... > I have a web form with several fields. If I copy & paste from a RTF > document into a field, the javascript validation and field length are > bypassed and cause the form to fail. > > Any ideas? Code better? (I have no clue. I've never heard of such a thing. Post code s...

PHP form field oddness!
Got a weird problem and wondered if the people here had ever seen similar. I have an internal website that is PHP based. One of the form submit has tons of fields, so to simplify the updating/inserting of records (and long term management of the page) I go through the request (HTTP POST/GET) variables and create an sql statement based on the data. This means if I add a new database field I can just add the form field on the page and I do not have to alter the database code. However now and again a random form field will turn up that is not on the original page. The latest is "sageamp". I have had "s_vnum" and "SITESERVER". They look to be related to cookies - eg sageamp seems to be related to web analysis. These form fields are unrelated to the actual PHP code that generates the HTML form - the form fields just appear on the page. If the problem occurs I clear the cache (including cookies) and the problem goes away for a while. This only occurs in Firefox, however if I replicated the browsing that firefox has been up to in IE it may also happen. The code for doing the DB update, if you are interested (nothing to do with the problem I am sure) is: (note - you can see where I have put exceptions in for the phantom form fields to allow the code to work - I have since found out that clearing the cache stops the fields from appearing). while(list($key,$val) = each ($_REQUEST)) { if ($key<> "B1" && $ke...

Merge a field into a field
I have an email distribution list. I need to add the person's name in the body of the text. What do I do to merge one field into another. I know that <<>> doesn't work. thx Create a textfield Create a calculated field into the textfield type your text, where you want the name to go type QWERTY (or any other code you like) In the calcfield (result text) Substitute ( textfield ; "QWERTY"; NameField) More options ofcourse are possible, this is just clean and dirty. Ursus <fromero@csudh.edu> schreef in bericht news:1138227655.180034.311000@o13g2...

Coloring a field on a Continuous form base data in Field
I have a Continuous form in Access 2000. The form contains a date field and the user has requested( demanded nicely) that they want the date field to be yellow if there is no data in the field. Does anyone know how to do this? In the forms current properties try the following: If IsNull(Me.somedate) Then Me.somedate.BackColor = vbYellow End If "James" <jnhundley@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1163705799.487018.70910@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com... >I have a Continuous form in Access 2000. The form contains a date field > and the user has requested( demanded nicely) that they want the date > field to be yellow if there is no data in the field. Does anyone know > how to do this? > SBC News Groups wrote: > If IsNull(Me.somedate) Then > Me.somedate.BackColor = vbYellow > End If This won't work. James, take a look at conditional formatting. It will do what your client wants. -- Tim http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~tmarshal/ ^o< /#) "Burp-beep, burp-beep, burp-beep?" - Quaker Jake /^^ "Be Careful, Big Bird!" - Ditto "TIM-MAY!!" - Me OR Conditional formating for that field 1 way --- set the conditional formating test to "Expression" and make the expression isnull([somedatefieldname])=true and select the color formating that you want. On 16 Nov 2006 11:36:39 -0800, James wrote: > I have a Continuous form in Access 2000. The form contains a date field > and the...

Update Table or Form Field Based on Previous Field
I'm sure this has been covered before in the newsgroup but have had no luck locating it. I have two tables: InstMonitors & MonModDesc Structure of MonModDesc: Model, Description Structure of InstMonitors: CompName, Make, Model, Description, Serial, PurchDate, WarrExpDate The MonModDesc table is simply a listing of the Monitor Model Numbers and associated Description with that Model Number. The InstMonitors table is a tracking of activity of the specific monitor: CompName is the name of the computer it is assigned to. Make is the brand name of the Monitor. Model is selected from the MonModDesc table. Serial is the serial number of the monitor. PurchDate is the purchase date of the monitor, WarrExpDate is the date the warranty expires on the monitor. What I am trying to do is: When a user is in the InstMonitors table, and they select a Model (coming from the ModModDesc Table), I would like the Description associated with that Model from the MonModDesc table to flood in to the Description field in the InstMonitors table. I am thinking from researching that this may not be able to be done in a table and will have to be done in a form, which is absolutely fine because a user won't be entering data directly into the table, they will be using a form. Thanks, Mike "Mike" <mbmarquart@charter.net> wrote in message news:70c5a8b0.0410081143.467bcc3@posting.google.com... > I'm sure this has been covered before in the newsgroup but have had...

Highlight field in continuous form
I have some dates which show in a continuous form, multiple rows at a time. I would like to color the background yellow, or the text yellow or some color other than black that would stand out, based on the date value. Suggestions? I have worked out highlighting red text in fields with missing text or dates. On forms with only one record at a time, highlighting background is straightforward. Bob On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 19:45:24 -0600, Bob Alston wrote: > I have some dates which show in a continuous form, multiple rows at a > time. I would like to color the background yellow, or the text yellow > or some color other than black that would stand out, based on the date > value. Suggestions? > > I have worked out highlighting red text in fields with missing text or > dates. > > On forms with only one record at a time, highlighting background is > straightforward. > > Bob If you are using Access 2000 or newer, you can set the control's Conditonal Formatting to change the control's BackColor or ForeColor based upon it's Value. In Design View, select the Control. Click Format + Conditional Formatting -- Fred Please only reply to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal email. Slick. Hadn't see that before. Guess I still think Access97. Thanks. Bob and if you're using access97, can it be done ? lesperancer@natpro.com wrote: > and if you're using access97, can it be done ? Not really. I have ...

Show/Hide form fields based on values in other field
Looking to do sort of the same thing you see on websites, but on access form, where when a value is selected from a drop down list, if it matches the desired value, certain form fields appear. For example, the records in my table are one of three types of records, Owner, Member or Independent. I have fields in the table that only correspond to Owner records and only want those fields showing on the form if the CompanyType is selected as Owner. It is the same with Member and Independent. Although it's not important, it would be cool if this could happen in the same space on the form. Can anyone help? magmike <magmike7@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1186092035.545034.291670@m37g2000prh.googlegroups.com: > Looking to do sort of the same thing you see on websites, but > on access form, where when a value is selected from a drop > down list, if it matches the desired value, certain form > fields appear. > > For example, the records in my table are one of three types of > records, Owner, Member or Independent. I have fields in the > table that only correspond to Owner records and only want > those fields showing on the form if the CompanyType is > selected as Owner. > > It is the same with Member and Independent. Although it's not > important, it would be cool if this could happen in the same > space on the form. > > Can anyone help? > Sure...Each textbox has a visible property. Create a sub procedure in the ...

Accessing text form fields name=field[label]

Combining Fields From More Than One Table onto a Field on a Form
I have a db that has a main table with a PK of STRNumber. This main table has other tables that contain software, models and documentation information based on the STRNumber. All have a PK of STRNumber. The main table link to the software and models are one-to-one and to the documentation table it is one-to-many. So each STRNumber will have only 1 Software record, 1 Models record but can have many Documentation impacts. The software, models and documentation table each have a field called PREPNumber (prefaced by SW, Models and Doc). Ex: SWPREPNumber, DocPREPNumber. Each PREPNumber field is a text field and can contain many PREPNumbers, ex: PREP-123, PREP-124, PREP-125, etc. I have a form for the main table that I want to add a field to, that would contain all the PREPNumbers for that particular STRNumber and combine them into one field on the main STR form. I need that field to go out an look for any SWPREPNumbers from the SWPREPNumbers field, any ModelPREPNumbers, and all Documentation PREPNumbers. Since the PK for all the tables is the STRNumber field, it would only combine all the PREPNumbers for that particular STRNumber. I'd appreciate any help. I'm kind of new to MS Access. Loring Mercil wrote: > I have a db that has a main table with a PK of STRNumber. This main > table has other tables that contain software, models and documentation > information based on the STRNumber. All have a PK of STRNumber. > The main table link to the software and...

Updating field on a form from a sum of values field on a subforms footer.
I am having trouble working out how to update a field on an open form with a calculation based upon calculations from other tables! For example, I have 3 tables: Diary Diary_ID: autonum, primary key etc Diary_Date: date/time Diary_CaloriesTotal: number Calories Calorie_ID: autonum etc Diary_ID: number - linked referentially to Diary.Diary_ID Food_Lookup_ID: number lookup on food table Calorie_Amount: number Calorie_TotalValue: number (this is amount * food.value) Food Food_id: autonum etc Food_Name: text Food_Value: number I have a main form for Diary and a sub form for Calories (plus a "setup" form for food). When you create a diary entry you can add Calorie information and in the subform it quite happily calculates the total for each food entry AND displays a runing total in the sub-forms footer. However, I'd like to update Calories_Total on the Diary form with this same running total from the sub-forms footer. I don't mind if this is done on-the-fly or via a button etc. I know the SQL to use in a query to ge the values, but I don't know how to get that value in VBA to pass to the field. i.e. When I run the SQL, how to I get a return value? Or is there another way using queries where [Calories].[Diary_ID] = [!forms].[diary].[diary_id] [As additional information: In the future I'll have forms for using calories too, so want to have a total used, total eaten and then the net total on the diary form] Thanks for any assistance. Ch...

Sub Form - Linked Child Field
I have a form that has a subform in it that links the Company_ID to the Shipper_ID. This works except when I want to let the user add a record. I then get a information message box saying that the record is suppose to have a value in it that matches the main form. Can I set the subform's link field with the master field in VBA? What I would like to do is something like this: Sub Click_Add() Me.ChildField.Value = ShipperID Me.MasterField.Value = CompanyID End Sub Your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks Is there a reason you're not declaring the relationship explicitly? If you do that, the LinkChild and LinkMaster fields fill in automatically. Otherwise, you have to fill them in yourself. "TJ" <rl_davis@charter.net> wrote in message news:1108337350.371575.303260@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... >I have a form that has a subform in it that links the Company_ID to the > Shipper_ID. This works except when I want to let the user add a record. > I then get a information message box saying that the record is suppose > to have a value in it that matches the main form. > > Can I set the subform's link field with the master field in VBA? > > What I would like to do is something like this: > > Sub Click_Add() > Me.ChildField.Value = ShipperID > Me.MasterField.Value = CompanyID > > End Sub > > Your help is greatly appreciated. Not sure I understand...that error would normally occur if the u...

call a field data using a entry field when open a form
hi all!!! My form have: - Entry field - Dos fileLookUp button I would like to call a field data as browse list box do, but using a entry field. So, when the form load they will show the first data from a tps file. And when a look up some file I need save this (full)path in the tps file. Thanx for the tips, Marcos beginner in Clarion Professional Edition V5a. ...

Separating one field into two fields based on a character in the field
I know there has to be a way to do this, but I've gone brain dead. The scenario..a varchar field in a table contains a date range (i.e. June 1, 2004 - June 15, 2004 or September 1, 2004 - September 30, 2004 or...). The users have decided thats a bad way to do this (!) so they want to split that field into two new fields. Everything before the space/dash ( -) goes into a 'FromDate' field, everything after the dash/space goes into the 'ToDate' field. I've played around with STRING commands, but haven't stumbled on it yet. Any help at all would be appreciated! DTS? Try this..... CREATE TABLE Test ( [startdate-enddate] varchar(100) ) insert into Test VALUES ('June 1,2004 - June 15, 2004') insert into Test VALUES ('September 1, 2004 - September 30') ALTER TABLE Test ADD startdate varchar(100),enddate varchar(100) GO UPDATE Test SET startdate = SUBSTRING([startdate-enddate],0,CHARINDEX('-',[startdate-enddate],0)), enddate = substring([startdate-enddate],charindex('-',[startdate-enddate],0)+1,LEN([startdate-enddate])-CHARINDEX('-',[startdate-enddate],0)) FROM Test SELECT * FROM Test ALTER TABLE Test DROP COLUMN [startdate-enddate] GO SELECT * FROM Test DROP TABLE Test "steven virnig" <pezguy@mn.rr.com> wrote in message news:<sHjdd.20301$mR.920@twister.rdc-kc.rr.com>... > I know there has to be a way to do this, but I've gone brain dead. The > scenario..a varcha...

Access 2000: Enable fields in a form conditional on answer in another field?
Hi all, I would like to make several fields in my form disabled when a new record is created. I would then like to automatically 'enable' them if a previous field is 'checked'. Eg. If Field A is a check-box, I only want Field B to be 'enabled' if the check-box is actually checked. If Field A is not checked, I would like the tab-order to skip Field B altogether. The effect I would like to achieve is that Field B can be always be seen on all records, but is 'masked' (blurred, etc) until it is enabled. How can I do this? I have not used modules before, but I believe with some simple instructions I can get the hang of them. Thanks so much for your help! MC matthew.chrzczonowicz@facs.gov.au (Matt) wrote in message news:<94c864.0307291940.5424ec3c@posting.google.com>... > Hi all, > > I would like to make several fields in my form disabled when a new > record is created. I would then like to automatically 'enable' them > if a previous field is 'checked'. > > Eg. If Field A is a check-box, I only want Field B to be 'enabled' if > the check-box is actually checked. If Field A is not checked, I would > like the tab-order to skip Field B altogether. > > The effect I would like to achieve is that Field B can be always be > seen on all records, but is 'masked' (blurred, etc) until it is > enabled. > > How can I do this? > > I have not used modules b...

Display/Hide a Form Control/Field Based On Another Field Value?
Hi all, I have to Combo boxes on a form. The first one I would always like users to see. The second, however, I would like hidden if the first box has certain values selected. So, if ComboBox1 has values of 1 or 2, I would like ComboBox2 to show as normal. If ComboBox1 has a value of 3, I would like ComboBox2 hidden. Is there a relatively simple way of doing this, if at all? Thanks for your help as always! --Eric add the following code to ComboBox1's AfterUpdate event procedure, AND to the form's Current event procedure, as Me!ComboBox2.Visible = Not (Me!ComboBox1 = 3) hth <PowerLifter1450@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1193872061.996725.100600@z9g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, I have to Combo boxes on a form. The first one I would always > like users to see. The second, however, I would like hidden if the > first box has certain values selected. So, if ComboBox1 has values of > 1 or 2, I would like ComboBox2 to show as normal. If ComboBox1 has a > value of 3, I would like ComboBox2 hidden. Is there a relatively > simple way of doing this, if at all? Thanks for your help as always! > > --Eric > On Oct 31, 9:44 pm, "tina" <nos...@address.com> wrote: > add the following code to ComboBox1's AfterUpdate event procedure, AND to > the form's Current event procedure, as > > Me!ComboBox2.Visible = Not (Me!ComboBox1 = 3) > > hth > > <PowerLifter1...@gmail.com> wrot...

from field in form to another form.
What I am looking at doing is I have a couple of forms, when I enter the number of products been despatched on the order form, it then creates a record in the transaction table and also the product history. I have created a couple of update queries which worked well, but did not perform the way that I wanted them to. I wanted to do it using code so that when the despatch order button is pressed it creates the above. The information of the order is in a sub form called Order details on a form called orders., this then wants to create a record in the form transaction history, and another in the product history. I have tried to work on the code but to no avail. sort of looked like this. Forms!transaction history.form![qty required] = forms![order details]. [qty despatched] Were it takes it from the field qty despatched on the order form in the order details sub form and puts it into the form transaction history in the field qty required. I am looking for help on the coding part ie what are the parts made up of i.e. what each part of the code relates to in respect of what it isd doing. Any help much appreciated if you can understand what I am trying to get at. Please Help, A form is just a way of viewing/editing/adding data and doesn't store anything. You can view what you change in one form on any other form, so that if you enter a number in despatched in one form you can view it another form and label it required. You don't want to double enter data. I wo...

How to make form field content dependent on another field's content
I have two fields on a form: GPA and Points. GPA will be entered by the user. I would like Points to be filled automatically depending on the value of GPA. For example, the following code illustrates what I would like to happen: If GPA > 3.4 Then Points = 10 ElseIf GPA < 3.5 And GPA > 2.99 Then Points = 8 ElseIf GPA < 3 And GPA > 2.74 Then Points = 5 ElseIf GPA < 2.75 And GPA > 2.49 Then Points = 2 ElseIf GPA < 2.5 And GPA > 2.48 Then Points = 1 Else: Points = 0 Can I apply this code somehow, or is there some other way to make this happen? Any suggestions on how best to accomplish this would be appreciated. Fields in tables cannot be made to be dependent on other fields. (It's actually a violation of database normalization principles) You should only be storing GPA in the table, and you can create a query that computes Points and use that query wherever you would otherwise have used the table. You could either write your own custom function to compute Points from GPA, or you could look at using the built-in Switch function, or nested IIf statements. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Randy A. Bohannon" <bohannon@rr.com> wrote in message news:qkLpc.42166$hY.4573@twister.nyroc.rr.com... > I have two fields on a form: GPA and Points. > GPA will be entered by the user. I would like Points to be filled > automatically depending on the value ...

multiple conditions in a join, access doesn't like on (table1.field=table2.field and table1.field=table3.field)
Hi I have written the following query and am having problems with the last outer join in ms access... it doesn't like the multiple conditions that I have in there, if I have just one or the other its OK but not both... and I have tried putting the second condition in a where clause but then i don't get an outer join i'm pulling my hair out on this one... i would be extremely greatful for some ideas... SELECT ro.thickness,ro.width,ro.grade,sum(ro.pcs) as pieces, ro.length,GT.thicknessid,t.thicknessid,gt.gradethicknessgroupid, gtd.gradeid, gr.gradeid FROM(((NewOrders as RO LEFT OUTER JOIN Grades as GR on GR.gradename=ro.grade) LEFT OUTER JOIN thicknesses as t on t.imperialdecimal=ro.thickness) LEFT OUTER JOIN GradeThicknessGroups as GT on GT.thicknessid=t.thicknessid) LEFT OUTER JOIN GradeThicknessGroupDetail as GTD on (GTD.GradeThicknessGroupID=GT.GradeThicknessGroupID and gtd.gradeid=gr.gradeid) where gtd.gradeid=gr.gradeid GROUP BY ro.thickness,ro.width,ro.grade, ro.length,t.thicknessid,gr.gradeid,gt.thicknessid, gt.gradethicknessgroupid, gtd.gradeid Order By ro.thickness,ro.width my tables looks like this [NewOrders] ID (PK) Width Thickness Grade Length [Grade] GradeID (PK) GradeName [GradeThicknessGroups] GradeThicknessGroupID (PK) ThicknessID (FK: [Thickness]) [GradeThicknessGroupsDetails] GradeThicknessGroupDetailID (PK) GradeThicknessGroupID GradeID (FK: [Grade]) [Thickness] ThicknessID (PK) ImperialDecimal oops i left the where statement in.. r...

Web resources about - Form fields to same field - comp.lang.php

Field - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Field (computer science) , a smaller piece of data from a larger collection (e.g., database fields) Text is available under the Creative Commons ...

Greg Inglis takes bizarre field goal attempt as Souths lose to Dragons
It was a bizarre end to a miserable afternoon for Souths fans.

Greg Inglis takes bizarre field goal attempt as Souths lose to Dragons
It was a bizarre end to a miserable afternoon for Souths fans.

South Sydney Rabbitohs poke fun at Greg Inglis field goal brain snap
Imagine the celebration if Greg Inglis had kicked the one-point field goal when two points behind in the dying minutes.

Fox News Looks Forward to Having Michelle Fields Back, Just Not This Week
Michelle Fields has appeared on the Fox News weekend show Cashin’ In for the last couple of years, joining a panel of 3 other guests, moderated ...

The Best 2016 NBA Draft Prospects Remaining in the March Madness Field
The NCAA tournament field is down to 16 teams, but there are still plenty of quality NBA prospects left to scout with Duke, North Carolina, Indiana ...

Steve Jobs' reality-distortion field has finally run out of juice
... was an entire press conference dedicated to iterating on the same old products. It feels as if the famous Steve Jobs reality distortion field ...

The Latest: 2nd round ends with a flurry, Sweet 16 field set
The Latest on the fourth full day of the men's NCAA Tournament, including games being played in New York; St. Louis; Oklahoma City and Spokane, ...

Giants' Brown survives scare, Susac returns to field
A day after announcing that Trevor Brown and Andrew Susac were dealing with injuries, both backup catchers got in some work Tuesday.

Monday's high schools: Smithfield soccer teams cruise past Churchland; HRA's Fields to play tennis for ...
Boys soccer: Savannah Cook had two goals and an assist to lead Smithfield to a 13-0 victory against Churchland. Girls tennis: Hampton Roads ...