HELP!! PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:\PHP\Ext\php_mysql.dll' - The specified procedure could not be found. in Unknown on line 0

Why do I keep getting this error mesgage on my phpinfo() page trying to
get PHP and MySQL to communicate?  I am running this in IIS.

Here's what I have -

My php.ini resides in my C:\WINNT directory.  In it, I have removed the
';' from the extension=php_mysql.dll.

Also in the php.ini file I set extension_dir = c:\PHP\Ext

In c:\PHP\Ext I have the following files:

libmysqli.dll
libmySQL.dll
php5apache2.dll  (Do I need this since I am using IIS)?
php5ts.dll
php_mysql.dll

Any help would be tremendously appreciated.  I have spent a ton of time
on this.

Thanks.

0
mscurto (18)

MS wrote:

> Why do I keep getting this error mesgage on my phpinfo() page trying to
> get PHP and MySQL to communicate?  I am running this in IIS.
>
> Here's what I have -
>
> My php.ini resides in my C:\WINNT directory.  In it, I have removed the
> ';' from the extension=php_mysql.dll.
>
> Also in the php.ini file I set extension_dir = c:\PHP\Ext
>
> In c:\PHP\Ext I have the following files:
>
> libmysqli.dll
> libmySQL.dll
> php5apache2.dll  (Do I need this since I am using IIS)?
> php5ts.dll
> php_mysql.dll
>
> Any help would be tremendously appreciated.  I have spent a ton of time
> on this.
>
> Thanks.

Hi,

A few common mistakes are:

1) editting the wrong php.ini
Ask phpinfo() which php.ini it is using. Often people edit the one in
c:\php\php.ini. My advise: delete all on your system except one.

2) forget to give readpermissions for IUSR_<machinename> to all files and
directories in use.

3) You did an out-of-the-box install from somewhere. Some suck.
eg: the windowsinstaller distributed at www.php.net will indeed install PHP
on IIS, but you will never be able to add extension (for which they DO warn
in big letters on the side).

Could it be any of these infamous 3?

Regards,
Erwin Moller
It could be 3.  I know it's definitely not #1.

Which version of php do I want here to use IIS?  Is there one on
php.net that is better to use?  Should I use PHP4? I noticed that comes
out of the box configured to use with MySQL.

Erwin Moller wrote:
> MS wrote:
>
> > Why do I keep getting this error mesgage on my phpinfo() page trying to
> > get PHP and MySQL to communicate?  I am running this in IIS.
> >
> > Here's what I have -
> >
> > My php.ini resides in my C:\WINNT directory.  In it, I have removed the
> > ';' from the extension=php_mysql.dll.
> >
> > Also in the php.ini file I set extension_dir = c:\PHP\Ext
> >
> > In c:\PHP\Ext I have the following files:
> >
> > libmysqli.dll
> > libmySQL.dll
> > php5apache2.dll  (Do I need this since I am using IIS)?
> > php5ts.dll
> > php_mysql.dll
> >
> > Any help would be tremendously appreciated.  I have spent a ton of time
> > on this.
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> Hi,
>
> A few common mistakes are:
>
> 1) editting the wrong php.ini
> Ask phpinfo() which php.ini it is using. Often people edit the one in
> c:\php\php.ini. My advise: delete all on your system except one.
>
> 2) forget to give readpermissions for IUSR_<machinename> to all files and
> directories in use.
>
> 3) You did an out-of-the-box install from somewhere. Some suck.
> eg: the windowsinstaller distributed at www.php.net will indeed install PHP
> on IIS, but you will never be able to add extension (for which they DO warn
> in big letters on the side).
>
> Could it be any of these infamous 3?
>
> Regards,
> Erwin Moller