How to get text from PDF?

Hi all,

I have my web server bases on linux. I am working on a project for
which I need to get text out of PDF file. I need to know which text
belongs to which PDF page number?

Is there any utility/tool that should be installed on linux and I can
use it from command line in PHP through exec() or system() etc for
this purpose?

Please reply me urgently.

Thanks in advance.

On 22 Dec, 15:03, Shahid <mirzashahidmahm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have my web server bases on linux. I am working on a project for
> which I need to get text out of PDF file. I need to know which text
> belongs to which PDF page number?
>
> Is there any utility/tool that should be installed on linux and I can
> use it from command line in PHP through exec() or system() etc for
> this purpose?
>
> Please reply me urgently.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Oh dear, is google **again**

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=postscript+to+text&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

C.

pdf \ text (get rid of text in pdf)

PHP - using mail() and unicode text
I have the following problem. On a website there's a (simple) feedback form. This is used also by Polish visitors who (of course) type Polish text using special characters. However, when I receive the text in my mailbox, all special characters have been turned into mess...... For example: "wsp�lprace" is turned into "współprace". It seems PHP is handling the Unicode-8 strings quite well (when I 'echo' the strings on the site, I see the text correctly), until the point that it is send by using mail(). Is this a server configuration issue? Or something el...

Getting the Text from Image and PDF
Hi friends, This is Jan, I am new to this Group. I have a requirement here. Is there any Java API for getting the Text data from an Image and PDF formats. Please let me know the same. If anything found, please suggest me regarding them. Thanks && Regards.. Jan Jan <janreddy.sr@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi friends, > This is Jan, I am new to this Group. > I have a requirement here. > Is there any Java API for getting the Text data from an Image > and PDF formats. For reading characters from graphical data, google "ocr" (and "java") (the acronym means "optical character recognition") PDFs may contain the text directly (non-graphically), which would make extraction much easier (and not require ocr). On 02/14/2014 04:09 AM, Jan wrote: > Hi friends, > > This is Jan, I am new to this Group. > > I have a requirement here. > > Is there any Java API for getting the Text data from an Image and PDF formats. Please let me know the same. If anything found, please suggest me regarding them. > <http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#before> On Fri, 14 Feb 2014 01:09:12 -0800 (PST), Jan <janreddy.sr@gmail.com> wrote, quoted or indirectly quoted someone who said : > Is there any Java API for getting the Text data from an Image and PDF formats. >Pease let me know the same. If anything found, please suggest m...

ANN: Fly Text to PDF

Get date from text/php-file
Hi there, I'm new to PHP, and i want to create a pop-up (on page load) on certain dates.. What i have is the script for the pop-up: <body scroll="auto" <?php $today =date("d-F"); if ($today==$datum) {echo "onLoad=".$g_birthday_pop;}?>> The pop-script = $g_birthday_pop = <<<EOT "MM_openBrWindow('http://www.nu.nl','popup','width=300,height=300')" EOT; $datum is in another file (include/datum.php): <?php $datum = "30-December"; ?> And this works if the date is 30th of December, but i want it too on other dates that you put in $datum Something like: <?php $datum = "30-December";"10-March"; ?> So i want to control the pop-up just by editing the "datum.php"-file Thanks in advance, Greetings Krunkelgarten krunkelgarten escribi�: > Hi there, > > I'm new to PHP, and i want to create a pop-up (on page load) on certain dates.. > What i have is the script for the pop-up: > > <body scroll="auto" <?php $today =date("d-F"); if ($today==$datum) > {echo "onLoad=".$g_birthday_pop;}?>> > > The pop-script = > $g_birthday_pop = <<<EOT > "MM_openBrWindow('http://www.nu.nl','popup','width=300,height=300')" > ...

Get date from text/php-file #2
Allright, thank you guys!! I got it going. Now i have another question; Is there a way to link a date to a persons name, so i can get the pop-up, and the pop-up then automatically grabs the right name, and displays it? Thanks in advance.,.. "krunkelgarten" <krunkelgarten@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:8767e62e.0312301404.424614af@posting.google.com... > Allright, thank you guys!! > I got it going. > Now i have another question; > > Is there a way to link a date to a persons name, > so i can get the pop-up, and the pop-up > then automatically grabs th...

Help reading PDF to get text... #4
Hi, I need help with PDF::API2 or TEXT::PDF::* or any module which can b used to read pdf files. I have been trying to find any other thread which address this... but was unable to get a resolution. I have a bunch of pdf reports which I need to read through to find text string in any of the lines to read the report name. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.[COLOR=firebrick - tq_aud ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.codecomments.co ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ...

Ghostscript and copying text from a pdf gets junk
Dear group, I have downloaded gs 8.14 and redmon 1.7 to make pdfs in win98se. I use the apple color laserwriter 12/600 driver which outputs to redmon and makes a pdf. The pdfs look great, the only problem is that when i try to copy the text in acrobat and paste to notepad, it comes out like this: 7\SH)RQW)RUPDW \SH([WHQVLRQ9HUVLRQ&RPSUHVVLRQ&RORU'HSWK0DLQWDLQHU$GREH6\VWHPV6SHFLILFDWLRQ GSview and text extract give similar results. It doesn't always do this, that is, some pdfs don't have this problem, but if i ask the printer driver to use truetype fonts only (no subst) it seems to do it every time. It appears that a "shifting" process is occurring: copy text: 5HVXOWV orig text: Results s->V 3 character shift (not counting that it's lower case to upper case) t->W 3 chars e->H 3 chars When the print driver uses "standard substitutions" like arial -> helvetica it copies fine. Any ideas? I dont think it's mozilla (which is the app i'm printing from) Thanks, Don ...

PDF image of text to readable text ?
Seems there are web based tools and software. My son needs text to have it read for him. He has a PC. Found PDF reader $50 , http://thurly.net/11ia and http://thurly.net/11i4 the last being google. Wondering what you folks found useful or use ? Thanks! -- Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden http://uppitywis.org/ live WI ...

How to get text in text box to wrap?
The variable {job-name} in this code snippet does NOT wrap, resulting in the text running off the page. How would I get job-name to word wrap? pageWidth 36 mul % x = pageWidth * 1/2 * 72 pageHeight 36 mul % y = pageHeight * 1/2 * 72 pageHeight 2 mul add % y += 1 line 2 copy % Copy X & Y moveto (Title: ) RIGHT moveto ({job-name}) show This postscript file is from the CUPS printing application on a Linux system. Here is the complete file: FILE: /usr/share/cups/banners/standard %!PS-Adobe-3.0 %%BoundingBox: 0 0 612 792 %%Pages: 1 %%LanguageLevel: 1 %%DocumentData: Clean7Bit %%DocumentSuppliedResources: procset bannerprint/1.0 %%DocumentNeededResources: font Helvetica Helvetica-Bold Times-Roman %%Creator: Michael Sweet, Easy Software Products %%CreationDate: May 10, 2000 %%Title: Test Page %%EndComments %%BeginProlog %%BeginResource procset bannerprint 1.1 0 % % PostScript banner page for the Common UNIX Printing System ("CUPS"). % % Copyright 1993-2005 Easy Software Products % % These coded instructions, statements, and computer programs are the % property of Easy Software Products and are protected by Federal % copyright law. Distribution and use rights are outlined in the file % "LICENSE.txt" which should have been included with this file. If this % file is missing or damaged please contact Easy Software Products % at: % % Attn: CUPS Licensing Information % Easy Software Products % 44141 Airport View Drive...

getting java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ibm/icu/text/BreakIterator in standalone eclipse
hi.. trying to create a standalone eclipse application but getting this: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ibm/icu/text/BreakIterator what jar am i missing? Elhanan <emaayan@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1171178397.965993.218090@m58g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... > hi.. > > trying to create a standalone eclipse application but getting this: > java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ibm/icu/text/BreakIterator > > what jar am i missing? "International Components for Unicode" (ICU) http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.sdk-feature/plugins/com.ibm.icu/ See also: http://icu.sourceforge.net/ and http://www-306.ibm.com/software/globalization/icu/index.jsp Regards, Christian ...

plz help me how to convert php(or)html to pdf i didnt get correct solution help me please....
Hi i used fpdf class for html to pdf converter. I generated pdf but it shows without style sheet implementation and gif images are not show in generated PDF how to solve gif imge error and style sheet not applicable error... Please help me... Thank u... with regards, S.Rajkumar.. On Aug 9, 7:33=A0am, Raj Kumar <rajkumar.sa...@gmail.com> wrote: > I generated pdf =A0but it shows without style sheet implementation and > gif images are not show in generated PDF PDF an HTML are two totally different things. You can't use the CSS style sheet in PDF. With FPDF, you have to place the images at the right place yourself. Or maybe you are talking about this: http://html2fpdf.sourceforge.net/ ...

How to get selected text from a text edit control?
I created a text edit control using CreateEditTextControl. I can get the current text by calling char buf[256]; Size textSize = 0; GetControlData(controlRef, kControlEditTextPart, kControlEditTextTextTag, 255, buf, &textSize); but how do I get only the text that is currently selected (highlighted)? thanks, Shai In article <1111086224.345185.78280@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, shai@waves.com wrote: > I created a text edit control using CreateEditTextControl. > I can get the current text by calling > > char buf[256]; > Size textSize = 0; ...

How to get a ordered text combining Text and values
How can I to get a correct label in this case: In[]: k=18; Text["My curve for" k "units"] Out[]: My curve for 18 units Thanks k = 18; Text["My curve for " <> ToString[k] <> " units"] My curve for 18 units Bob Hanlon ---- Miguel <misvrne@gmail.com> wrote: > How can I to get a correct label in this case: > In[]: k=18; > Text["My curve for" k "units"] > > Out[]: My curve for 18 units > > Thanks > Some examples with increasing levels of format control. myLabel[value_] := Row[{"My curve for ", value, " units"}] myLabel[18] myLabel[value_] := Style[Row[{"My curve for ", value, " units"}], 16, "Panel", Background -> None] myLabel[18] myLabel[value_] := Style[Row[{"My curve for ", NumberForm[value, {4, 3}], " units"}], 16, "Panel", Background -> None] myLabel[N[Pi]] -- David Park djmpark@comcast.net http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/ "Miguel" <misvrne@gmail.com> wrote in message news:g3dcd0$rdv$1@smc.vnet.net... > How can I to get a correct label in this case: > In[]: k=18; > Text["My curve for" k "units"] > > Out[]: My curve for 18 units > > Thanks > On 6/19/08 at 6:28 AM, misvrne@gmail.com (Miguel) wrote: >How can I to get a correct label...

Getting kind of abstract text snippets from text nodes
Hi everybody, I am about implementing a little search engine that searches a phrase over xml text nodes. I got that all working fine but what I want as the results is not the complete text of the textnode, I would like to make an abstract like result list (such output that you get with google searches. For eg .... I am the <b>substring</b> from a complete text node ... where "substring" is the search term. The problem is simple (I think): I want to extract all the text parts of the complete text node, where search searchterm is highlighted, surrounded by the text like 30 characters. I found an intersting post "cut down text" which is almost that what I am looking for, but there the text is just trimmed by x characters. Is anybody here, that has an "elegant" way to solve that or some hints that get me to the solution? I am not able to use regex (would be nice though) My parser is Sablotron so I am restricted to the functions that I get. (1.0). Any help is greatly appreciated. regards, Andreas W Wylach Think about dividing the text into three parts: before your target, the target itself, and after the target. Process each appropriately. If you want to report multiple instances within the same block of text, look at the standard examples of recursive text processing. -- () ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Joe Kesselman /\ Stamp out HTML e-mail! | System architexture and kinetic poetry "Andreas W. Wylach" <aw@ioc...

PDF::API2
Hello All, I am new to PDF files so I don't really know if what I want to do is possible and how to use the PDF::API2 modules. I need to extract information from columns in a table ( I assume that PDF does not know anything about tables). What I was thinking of doing was finding the horizontal location of the header (I know what it should be), then extract all text that starts at that location. I have played around with the PDF::API2 module and read the 'Using PDF::API2 - The code' help page, however it doesn't show me how to extract information from an existing file. ...

Failed opening required 'PEAR.php' (include_path='F:\www\include') in F:\Program Files\PHP\PEAR\Text\CAPTCHA.php on line 22
Hi, Guys=EF=BC=8Cwhen I run my site ,I got some errors: Warning: require_once(PEAR.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in F:\Program Files\PHP\PEAR \Text\CAPTCHA.php on line 22 Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'PEAR.php' (include_path=3D'F:\www\include') in F:\Program Files \PHP\PEAR\Text\CAPTCHA.php on line 22 It appears that it cann't find the pear.php ,but i checked my dir,and this file was there,and also I have my php.ini file checked,the include_path=3Dinclude_path=3D".;F:\Program Files\PHP\pear;F:\www \include" ,it looks all right,was there anything I have missed in the config file?Or something wrong ? Wish somebody can help me out. Thanks, Mikay >Warning: require_once(PEAR.php) [function.require-once]: failed to >open stream: No such file or directory in F:\Program Files\PHP\PEAR >\Text\CAPTCHA.php on line 22 >Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening >required 'PEAR.php' (include_path='F:\www\include') in F:\Program Files >\PHP\PEAR\Text\CAPTCHA.php on line 22 So where is the pear.php file? >It appears that it cann't find the pear.php ,but i checked my dir,and >this file was there,and also I have my php.ini file checked,the >include_path=include_path=".;F:\Program Files\PHP\pear;F:\www >\include" ,it looks all right,was there anything I have missed in the >config...

On SetFocus, the text in the textbox get selected. I want the prompt to be AFTER the text
Trough code I put focus on a textbox. My problem is that the existing letters in that text box get selected (black background) so when users type in new letters, the existing text is replaced. -Is there any way to awoid this? Like some code that do the some thing as a user that mouse clicks AFTER the text. My goal is that the users just should type on and Access should ADD what they type after whatever text is already in the textbox. Thank you for any info! Robert Robert_5032@yahoo.com wrote: > Trough code I put focus on a textbox. > My problem is that the existing letters in that text box get selected > (black background) so when users type in new letters, the existing text > is replaced. > -Is there any way to awoid this? > Like some code that do the some thing as a user that mouse clicks AFTER > the text. > > My goal is that the users just should type on and Access should ADD > what they type after whatever text is already in the textbox. > > Thank you for any info! > > Robert > Look in help at SelLength, SelStart, SelText Properties for a text box. Ron you can change the behavior in the entire database by opening the database window and from the menu bar selecting Tools | Options | Keyboard tab and in the Behavior Entering Field section, choose Go to end of field. to change the behavior of a specific textbox control, add the following code to the control's OnEnter event procedure, as Me!ControlName.SelSta...

text-text

Placing text in PICT, problem getting text all the way to the bottom
49G+ I am creating a PICT to view in my program. One of the things I am doing it placing labels on the drawing. I use a short line of code below to place a simple string in small text in the drawing: { # 40h # 49h } "Label" 1. \->GROB PICT ROT ROT GOR I want the text to be at the very bottom, every pixel counts kinda thing, and when I use { # 40h # 50h } I get an error and the text is two pixels up from the bottom. Any advice to get it all the way down to the bottom or this not possible on the 49G+. >I am creating a PICT to view in my program. One of the things I am &g...

PHP to PDF
I realize there's many tools available to convert HTML pages to PDF using P= HP. What I need to do is to convert data from an SQL database to PDF. I use= PHP to connect to the database and print the results to the screen, no pro= blem there. What I need is a way to print this same data from the SQL query= to a PDF file. Anyone have any tips or anything - with examples - to get this done? I'd ap= preciate any serious help or tips. Thanks very much. You're welcome to email me as well as posting here - davebowlin at gmail do= t com In article <d33d5e52-91d6-4aa6-b159-92ebe60b685e@googlegroups.com>, cresh <davebowlin@gmail.com> wrote: > I realize there's many tools available to convert HTML pages to PDF using > PHP. What I need to do is to convert data from an SQL database to PDF. I use > PHP to connect to the database and print the results to the screen, no > problem there. What I need is a way to print this same data from the SQL > query to a PDF file. > > Anyone have any tips or anything - with examples - to get this done? I'd > appreciate any serious help or tips. Thanks very much. > > You're welcome to email me as well as posting here - davebowlin at gmail dot > com I once did this using Latex, and then a latex to PDF converter. -- Sandman[.net] cresh wrote: > I realize there's many tools available to convert HTML pages to PDF using PHP. What I need...

PDF TO PDF/A
Hello, is it possible to convert a PDF file to PDFA file ? i tried the -dPDFA option and i vefy my pdf file with PDF longlife. I have an error. Thanks for help. ...

How to highlight all the Text for a Text field when getting focus by a mouse click?
I followed the direction in the HELP and tried several other things. But can not get it to work properly. 1. From the Window Formatter, RIGHT-CLICK the control and choose Alert from the popup menu. 2. From the Alert Keys dialog, press the Add button. 3. From the Input Key dialog, CLICK on Left Button in the Mouse group. 4. Press OK twice to return to the Window Formatter. 5. From the Window Formatter, RIGHT-CLICK the control and choose Embeds from the popup menu. 6. Add the following code to the EVENT:AlertKey embed point for the control: IF KEYCODE() = MouseLeft SELECT(?,LEN(?{PROP:ScreenText})) ?{PROP:SelStart} = 1 ?{PROP:SelEnd} = LEN(?{PROP:ScreenText}) END The problem I'm am having is after a user selects the field with a LEFT MOUSE (it hightlights the entire field proplerly), but then they can not change what is highlighted with the LEFT MOUSE (maybe they want to change it to only hightlight the 1st couple of characters). I'm trying to make this field work like the Address field in MS Internet Explorer. So when a person select the field with the mouse it is highlighted and then subesequently they can change what is hightlighted by using the Left Mouse. It almost works in clarion <g>. Does anyone know of a way around to get this to work? I've tried everything I can think of an can not get it to work properly. Thank, Jim Mumford Hi > IF KEYCODE() = MouseLeft > SELECT(?,LEN(?{PROP:ScreenText})) > ?{PROP:SelStart} = 1 > ?{PROP:Se...

extract text layer from searchable pdf and merge with another pdf
Dear comp.text.pdfians I have a pdf (a searchable pdf consisting in book pages scans, then passed to ocr that has added a text layer hidden under images, so pdf is searchable) this pdf has jbig2 compression (it counts 135 pages in A5 format scanned at 300 dpi and its size is about 1928 KB) After ocrization, I noticed that scans have been degrated in quality, so I want extract text layer and merge this text layer with another copy of same pdf containing scans in high quality it is possible extract a text layer from a pdf and then merge with raster layer of another pdf? -- Puppy Linux...

Web resources about - How to get text from PDF? - comp.lang.php

Text - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Texts between schoolgirl terror suspect and co-accused Milad Atai released in court
A Sydney schoolgirl charged with sending $5000 to Islamic State was used as a middleman by her relative who is believed to be overseas fighting ...

Education letters: year 12 English text, No Sugar, a giant stretch for EAL students
The Year 12 English syllabus needs to include texts that are challenging and interesting but also with a level and style of English that migrant ...

Strangers deliver gifts to newborn baby after receiving wrong-number text
Everyone has a great ‘wrong number’ text story, but this one takes the cake.

Scanner Pro for iOS updated to version 7 w/ text recognition, workflows, more
... for iOS has today received a hefty update. The latest update brings the app to version 7 and includes a host of new features, including text ...

Cola Messenger Looks to Simplify Text Messaging on iOS
... with friends by allowing them to send interactive ‘Cola Bubbles’ in the chat window. When chatting in Cola Messenger, users can send text messages, ...

WhatsApp testing text formatting to include bold and italics in messages
The latest beta release of WhatsApp features some basic text formatting options including bold and italics. While features in beta versions of ...

Android N Multi-Window Includes Ability To Drag & Drop Text
Now that Android N is officially here in a preview form and everyone has had a chance to digest its arrival, the details on what is on offer ...

Recruiters Using Text To Contact Job Seekers. Really?!
More and more job seekers are receiving texts from recruiters/head-hunters when contacted for the first time. " Found your resume online. Have ...

Text Messages: Lewandowski Never ‘Acknowledged’ Grabbing Michelle Fields, Despite Erroneous Daily Beast ...
Text messages between myself and Corey Lewandowski, Donald Trump’s campaign manager, prove that an article in The Daily Beast that alleged Lewandowski ...