How to get value of an input box into php? is it possible? syntax?

Hello,

My goal is to make an input check box that saves an input text to a
cookie when checked and destroys the cookie when unchecked.
I figured i could use the onclick method of the input box to execute
the PHP function setcookie, but how do I get the value from the input
text?  Testing with the window.alert function, inputtextName.value
doesn't work in the PHP:

Your name:
<input class="selectstyle" type="checkbox" name="savename"
onclick='window.alert("savename.value")'><br>

<input class="inputstyle2" type="text" name="name" value="<?php echo
$_COOKIE["name"]; ?>">

literally "savename.value" is alerted.

I need the cookie value to echo.

Help is appreciated,

Matt

Matt Brown - identify wrote:
> Hello,
>

> My goal is to make an input check box that saves an input text to a
> cookie when checked and destroys the cookie when unchecked.
> I figured i could use the onclick method of the input box to execute
> the PHP function setcookie, but how do I get the value from the input
> text?  Testing with the window.alert function, inputtextName.value
> doesn't work in the PHP:

> Your name:
> <input class="selectstyle" type="checkbox" name="savename"
> onclick='window.alert("savename.value")'><br>
>
> <input class="inputstyle2" type="text" name="name" value="<?php echo
> $_COOKIE["name"]; ?>">
>
> literally "savename.value" is alerted.
>
> I need the cookie value to echo.
>

> Help is appreciated,
>
> Matt

Matt,

I don't understand quite what you're trying to do - but you can't call a
PHP function from an onclick() message.  The PHP code is executed on the
server before the page ever gets sent to the client.

You could use AJAX to call back to the server - but it seems like an
awful lot of trouble.  Whatever you're trying to accomplish, there must
be better ways of doing it.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Matt Brown - identify wrote:

  Nothing to do with PHP is here. Learn Javascript and DOM.

use document.getElementById('textFieldId').value to get current text
use document.getelementById('checkboxId').checked to test checkbox
use document.cookie to work with cookies

> Hello,
>

> My goal is to make an input check box that saves an input text to a
> cookie when checked and destroys the cookie when unchecked.
> I figured i could use the onclick method of the input box to execute
> the PHP function setcookie, but how do I get the value from the input
> text?  Testing with the window.alert function, inputtextName.value
> doesn't work in the PHP:

> Your name:
> <input class="selectstyle" type="checkbox" name="savename"
> onclick='window.alert("savename.value")'><br>
>
> <input class="inputstyle2" type="text" name="name" value="<?php echo
> $_COOKIE["name"]; ?>">
>
> literally "savename.value" is alerted.
>
> I need the cookie value to echo.
>

> Help is appreciated,
>
> Matt

0
akul1 (62)
7/13/2007 4:23:28 AM
On Jul 13, 12:23 am, Alexey Kulentsov <a...@inbox.ru> wrote:
> Matt Brown - identify wrote:
>
>   Nothing to do with PHP is here. Learn Javascript and DOM.
>
> use document.getElementById('textFieldId').value to get current text
> use document.getelementById('checkboxId').checked to test checkbox
> use document.cookie to work with cookies
>
> > Hello,
>
> > My goal is to make an input check box that saves an input text to a
> > cookie when checked and destroys the cookie when unchecked.
> > I figured i could use the onclick method of the input box to execute
> > the PHP function setcookie, but how do I get the value from the input
> > text?  Testing with the window.alert function, inputtextName.value
> > doesn't work in the PHP:

> > Your name:
> > <input class="selectstyle" type="checkbox" name="savename"
> > onclick='window.alert("savename.value")'><br>
>
> > <input class="inputstyle2" type="text" name="name" value="<?php echo
> > $_COOKIE["name"]; ?>">
>
> > literally "savename.value" is alerted.
>
> > I need the cookie value to echo.
>
> > Help is appreciated,
>
> > Matt

Thanks Alex.  I'll take a look.  I'm sure it'll work fine.

i am getting the php coding while running the php..
i have information.php file that file contain following coding <?php echo phpinfo(); ?> while i calling the URL ("http://localhost/information.php"). i am getting the coding <?php echo phpinfo(); ?> not show the php information...... i am new to the php can you help me? <mekalai82@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ea7db46d-a03d-497a-b38b-c54d75f266f8@h11g2000prf.googlegroups.com... >i have information.php file that file contain following coding <?php > echo phpinfo(); ?> > while i calling the URL ("http://localhost/information.php"). > > i am getting the coding <?php echo phpinfo(); ?> <?php phpinfo(); ?> -- Richard On Feb 29, 11:30 am, "rf" <r...@invalid.com> wrote: > <mekala...@gmail.com> wrote in message > > news:ea7db46d-a03d-497a-b38b-c54d75f266f8@h11g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > > >i have information.php file that file contain following coding <?php > > echo phpinfo(); ?> > > while i calling the URL ("http://localhost/information.php"). > > > i am getting the coding <?php echo phpinfo(); ?> > > <?php phpinfo(); ?> > > -- > Richard for example i have that coding.......my coding is run in the some other machine. but while i am trying in my system i am getting the whatever i have typed in file.... that content will be displaying......... does not provide the result of that file coding.......

PHP within PHP...
I took over the support of a website that is set up something like this inside one of the pages: include_once("header.php"); <?php //to get the content of the page they do this: $content = mysql_query("select content etc...); echo $content; ?> include_once("footer.php"); I am having problems evaluating any php that is used in the mysql content. Is there a way to get the mysql withing the mysql to run? Thank you for your time, Mandragon On Sep 17, 12:56 pm, Mandrago...@gmail.com wrote: > I took over the support of a website that is set up something like > this inside one of the pages: > > include_once("header.php"); > > <?php > //to get the content of the page they do this: > $content = mysql_query("select content etc...); > > echo $content; > ?> > > include_once("footer.php"); > > I am having problems evaluating any php that is used in the mysql > content. Is there a way to get the mysql withing the mysql to run? > > Thank you for your time, > > Mandragon Sorry, The question should read: "Is there a way to get the php withing the echo $htmlcontent to run?" Of course you are, $content is a resource. The MySQL Query resource. try this: $content = mysql_query('bla bla bla'); while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($content)) { $result[] = $row; } $content = $result; Now you can use $content ;). In answer to your edit... eval($co...

Why are my PHP files are not being executed (PHP keywords/syntax being ignored)
I have been hosting a website on the same server for roughly 2 years. The entire site is based on a group of PHP scripts. Today, without changing a thing, the server stopped recognizing all PHP keywords and syntax. When I use firefox, the page simply displays a text/plain version of my source code. When I use IE, the page loads as text/html, however, all lines of PHP code (between "<?" and "?>") are displayed as text. My assumption is that my host has stopped providing PHP extensions. Can anybody confirm this or give me another explanation? All help is greatly ap...

php to php obj
Hi All, Is there any tool to convert the .php files into its object files in deploying the files to other's server like java classes are deployed? Thanks in advance --AR John7481 <arjohn7481@hotmail.com> wrote or quoted: > Is there any tool to convert the .php files into its object files in > deploying the files to other's server like java classes are deployed? To what end? Do you want a PHP obfuscator? They tend not to be needed - since the code remains on the server. Do you want a PHP squeezer? Again - since PHP remains on the server that is of reduced importance. PHP obfuscators and squeezers are out there - but what exactly are you looking for? -- __________ |im |yler http://timtyler.org/ tim@tt1lock.org Remove lock to reply. With total disregard for any kind of safety measures Tim Tyler <tim@tt1lock.org> leapt forth and uttered: > John7481 <arjohn7481@hotmail.com> wrote or quoted: > >> Is there any tool to convert the .php files into its object >> files in deploying the files to other's server like java >> classes are deployed? > > To what end? > > Do you want a PHP obfuscator? They tend not to be needed - > since the code remains on the server. > > Do you want a PHP squeezer? Again - since PHP remains on the > server that is of reduced importance. > > PHP obfuscators and squeezers are out there - but what exactly > are you looking for? I think he'...

php outside php (?)
Sounds weird, i know. What i want/wonder is the following: PHP can do the next: <?php if($foo == 'bar') { ?> Ow yeah, foo is bar! <?php }; ?> But how can i do the following: <?php $foo= ?> this is what foo looks like. <?php }; ?> This way i could edit the content of $foo in DW's design-view. I hope it's clear enough for you all to understand... Greetings frizzle. frizzle wrote: > But how can i do the following: > > <?php > > $foo= > > ?> > this is what foo looks like. > <?php > > }; > > ?> > > This way i could edit the content of $foo in DW's design-view. > I hope it's clear enough for you all to understand... <?php ob_start(); ?> this is what foo looks like. <?php $foo=ob_get_clean(); ?> -- Justin Koivisto - justin@koivi.com http://koivi.com Wow, little late on the reply, but i still wanted to thank you for your help. This is exactly what i meant, and it works great! :D Thanks again. ...

Getting values into running VRML from PHP
Hi ng, I've tried to find solution to interact with running VRML from PHP. No success :-( I saw here couple of questions about it but no clear answer or some unique solution. Could somebody provide an example? What I want to do? I have a VRML file which IS generated by PHP, and this wrl file shows stats about page visits/visitors... It is OK and when I reload it it will show new status for egg. if there is 4 visitors, it will show 4 lines in front of cube. But I want to have wrl running all the time, and with help of some timer to fetch new status from PHP script and...

Get max value of int in php

Getting variable value from Input Box
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C34D35.1BBBBE00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am trying to do my VB 6 homework with an exercise that requires the = use of variables, constants and string concatenation. I can't get the = program to use the percentage that is put into the text area of the = input box....what I am supposed to do is make this happen: Use the input box to prompt the clerk to enter a raise in percentage at = the beginning of the application. Also assign the "Raise percentage:" to = a constant.=20 If I make the sngRaiseRate =3D a constant like sngRaiseRate =3D .05 it = works...but the value is supposed to be coming from the input text = prompt...I'm stumped...any help would be appreciated very much. Jack my current code looks like this: Dim sngRaiseRate As Single Private Sub cmdCalc_Click() 'declare the variables Dim sngRaiseRate As Single, sngCurrent1 As Single, sngCurrent2 As = Single, sngCurrent3 As Single, sngNew1 As Single, sngnew2 As Single, = sngnew3 As Single 'assign values to the variables sngCurrent1 =3D Val(txtCurrent1.Text) sngCurrent2 =3D Val(txtCurrent2.Text) sngCurrent3 =3D Val(txtCurrent3.Text) sngRaiseRate =3D Val ????? How do I get it to use a percentage I type in = the input box prompt? 'calculate the new hourly pay lblNew1 =3D sngCurrent1 + (sngCurrent1 * sngRaiseRate) lblNew2 =3D sngCurrent2 + (sn...

SMF PHP error... Am I missing something subtle in the PHP language syntax?
Given these two code snippets, the first generates errors, the second doesn't... // generates errors $tboard = $context['linktree'][2]['name']; $tboard = empty($tboard)?'':' - '.$tboard; $ttopic = $context['linktree'][3]['name']; $ttopic = empty($ttopic)?'':' - '.$ttopic; if (! ereg($context['forum_name'], $context['page_title'])) $context['page_title'] = $context['linktree'][0]['name'].$tboard. $ttopic; // no errors $tboard = empty($context['linktree'][2]['name'])?'':' - '. $context['linktree'][2]['name']; $ttopic = empty($context['linktree'][3]['name'])?'':' - '. $context['linktree'][3]['name']; if (! ereg($context['forum_name'], $context['page_title'])) $context['page_title'] = $context['linktree'][0]['name'].$tboard. $ttopic; Here's a few sample errors that I see in my SMF log only when using the first version of the code. I think the "2" and "3" referred to are the subscripts in the code snippet... 8: Undefined offset: 3 File: /home/xxxxxx/public_html/forums/Themes/default/ Admin.template.php (main_above sub template - eval?) Line: 66 8: Undefined offset: 2 File: /home/xxxxxx/public_html/forums/Themes/default/ Admin.template.php (main_above sub template - eval?) Line: 64 For the life of me,...

want to get content of one php file in another php file
i have one php file having content Contents of ex1.php file <body> <?php $content = "c://webserver/www/abc.php"; $handle = fopen($content, "r"); echo fread($handle,filesize($content)); ?> </body> this is reading abc.php file in which i m simply using an echo statement. When i execute ex1.php file i cant see the php statement of abc.php file content of abc.php file is <?php echo "hello";?> sarika wrote: > i have one php file having content > > Contents of ex1.php file > <body> > <?php > $content = "c://webserver/www/abc.php"; > $handle = fopen($content, "r"); > echo fread($handle,filesize($content)); > ?> > </body> > this is reading abc.php file in which i m simply using an echo > statement. When i execute ex1.php file i cant see the php statement of > abc.php file > > content of abc.php file is > <?php echo "hello";?> That's interesting, I've found out that it's the browser that's hiding <?php ?> tags within .phpx pages. Probably to avoid short tags scripts (on a server that doesn't allow them) from getting leaked by visitors who don't know about this browser trick, until the dev' realizes his error. Not a good thing, IMO; dev's should take care, themselves, and it's still not secure since the hidden string is still in the rendered source. And now we don't know how ...

Is it possible to pass a variable to a PHP script from inside another PHP piece of code?
Hi. Sorry for what is perhaps a neophyte question: is it possible to pass a variable to a PHP script from inside another PHP piece of code? For instance, the file test.php (which of course resides on a webserver that supports PHP) is as such: [some HTML code...] <?php echo("<i>the variable abc contains " . $_GET['abc'] . "</i>"); ?> [some more HTML code...] and if I open this file directly i.e. by typing test.php?abc=888 in the URL line of a web browser, I correctly get the message "the variable abc contains 888" in italic, surrounded by the HTML content. Now, let's say that I want to include all this content in another file, index.php. I tried to call it as such in index.php [other HTML...] <?php include "test.php?abc=888"; ?> [yet other HTML...] which is not the correct way as it gives the following error: Warning: main(l/test.php?abc=888) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/index.php on line 52 Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'l/test.php? abc=888' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/ pear') in /home/www/index.php on line 52 How should I call the file? Thanks in advance for any hint! The file is l/test.php of course. On Sat, 27 Oct 2007 23:44:56 +0200, leonardodiserpierodavinci@gmail.com = = <leonardodiserpierodavinci@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi. Sorry for what is perhaps a neophyte ...

is it possible to get the length of an MP3 files from PHP?
A friend asked me to put together a RSS script for their podcasts. RSS 2 likes to know the length of the media files it is about to play. Can I get MP3 metadata from PHP? Can PHP find out the length in seconds of a media file? On 21 Aug 2005 14:11:10 -0700, lkrubner@geocities.com wrote: >A friend asked me to put together a RSS script for their podcasts. RSS >2 likes to know the length of the media files it is about to play. Can >I get MP3 metadata from PHP? Can PHP find out the length in seconds of >a media file? http://pear.php.net/package/MP3_ID/ looks like a good bet. -- ...

HELP: Getting input from perl cgi to PHP.
I have this: ------------ print "<FORM name=\"form3\" ACTION=\"cmdlog_rep.php\">\n"; print "<TD><INPUT TYPE=\"submit\" VALUE=\"Submit\"></TD>\n"; .. print "<INPUT type=\"HIDDEN\" name=\"year1\" >\n"; print "<INPUT type=\"TEXT\" name=\"when\" >\n"; print "</FORM>\n"; if click on submit I get this: ------------------------------ http://cpstmws2/p/cmdlog_rep.php?when=0&year1= and I can't get the values here: ------...

Text box value, backslash, and PHP variable
I have a form with a textbox. On submitting the form I read the textbox value into a php variable. If the value in the text box contained a ' or " anywhere in the string, the php variable adds a backslash ahead of the character. How can I get rid of this unwanted backslashes? Thank you John I noticed that Message-ID: <1ab390bb.0311261529.1ed9978@posting.google.com> from John contained the following: >I have a form with a textbox. On submitting the form I read the >textbox value into a php variable. If the value in the text box >contained a ' or " anywhere in...

what is wrong with this script and how do I get the value in a php script
what is wrong with this script and how do I get the value Rij1 and Rij2 and Rij3 and Rij4 and Rij5 and Rij6 in a php script import RPi.GPIO as GPIO GPIO.setmode(GPIO.BCM) GPIO.setup(17, GPIO.IN) GPIO.setup(18, GPIO.IN) GPIO.setup(21, GPIO.IN) GPIO.setup(22, GPIO.IN) GPIO.setup(23, GPIO.IN) GPIO.setup(24, GPIO.IN) Rij1 = 0 Rij2 = 0 Rij3 = 0 Rij4 = 0 Rij5 = 0 Rij6 = 0 while True: PRij1 = GPIO.input(17) PRij2 = GPIO.input(18) PRij3 = GPIO.input(21) PRij4 = GPIO.input(22) PRij5 = GPIO.input(23) PRij6 = GPIO.input(24) if (PRij1 == False): Rij1 = Rij1...

Best PHP Training | PHP Development Training | PHP Training Institute
Tops Technologies provides php and mysql certification courses in ahmedabad, baroda, surat, Rajkot, Udaipur, Gujarat, india.PHP Training with MySQL is an introductory course in the PHP and MySQL technology. Mysql and php training course, php for beginners, sql training courses, PHP Training courses, php courses, mysql training courses, php mysql course. For More Details :- http://www.tops-int.com ...

How to get enum values from MySQL column using PHP?
I'm trying to populate an HTML <select> statement with the enum values from a MySQL column using PHP. Can anyone tell me how to access these enum values using PHP? Thanks, Don Don wrote: > I'm trying to populate an HTML <select> statement with the enum values > from a MySQL column using PHP. Can anyone tell me how to access these > enum values using PHP? > > Thanks, > Don More of a MySQL question, but here you go: SELECT yourEnumColumn+0 FROM yourTable; This requests the value as an integer, so it will result one (and the one you want). SELECT CONCAT('', yourEnumColumn) FROM yourTable; Will off course do the opposite, but you wouldn't need it as the string value is returned by default. Best regards. On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 16:36:43 +0100, Dikkie Dik <dikkie@nospam.org> wrote: >Don wrote: >> I'm trying to populate an HTML <select> statement with the enum values >> from a MySQL column using PHP. Can anyone tell me how to access these >> enum values using PHP? >> >> Thanks, >> Don >More of a MySQL question, but here you go: > >SELECT yourEnumColumn+0 FROM yourTable; > >This requests the value as an integer, so it will result one (and the >one you want). > >SELECT CONCAT('', yourEnumColumn) FROM yourTable; > >Will off course do the opposite, but you wouldn't need it as the string >value is returned by default. > >Bes...

Newbie: getting /SELECT ONCHANGE value into PHP var
This is very new to me, scripting languages. I am trying to get the /select id off of a dropdownlist, which really does not drop down and is more like a flat list??, at an onchange event. Then move it into a php var to retrieve different data from db. Not that it matters but I load about 1200 items in to the list and was surprised how fast it is. Could some one give me some direction? // // Handle the data coming back <OPTION VALUE="0">Choose a Group echo "<FORM NAME=author>"; echo "<SELECT NAME=author_pk SIZE=20 COLS=20 ONCHANGE=getPK()>";...

How PHP $_POST gets the multiple values from a HTML form?

help getting value of cell and passing to PHP file
I have a table that gets generated every 5 minutes containing the drive space on my servers. The table is sortable via an external javascript file by clicking the column headers (using sortable.js found here: http://www.kryogenix.org/code/browser/sorttable/) the first 2 cells of the table are the server name and drive. When the server name in the first cell of any row is clicked on, I want to get the value of the data from that rows table cells and pass them to a PHP file that creates a chart of the data. I'm pretty sure javascript is the way to go, but I haven't figured out the right ...

Php constants in php.ini
I am trying to set user_agent = PHP_VERSION in php.ini. In my php.ini the instructions say that you can use constants in the php.ini file. The only constants I can get to work, though, are the error level constants like E_ALL, E_ERROR, E_WARNING, etc., ... Is anyone aware of some sort of trick to getting others to work? (I was thinking it would be nice to have the user agent string used by my Php scripts to use PHP_VERSION in the string.) -- ***************************** Chuck Anderson • Boulder, CO http://www.CycleTourist.com Integrity is obvious. The lack of it is common. *****...

How Latex File can get input from PHP/HTML form ?
I want to give the input from PHP/HTML form to a Latex file. In my case the= Latex file is basically a template file that already contains necessary co= mmands for obtaining the document in a specified format.=20 There will be place-holders/ variables inside the latex file to place the = input on a specified position of the Latex document. Actually the input wil= l replace those variables/ place-holders in the latex file. Then this latex= will be executed and so on ..... My question is that how can I send the input from a PHP/HTML form to a Late= x file. How the Latex file will take the input? Can you suggest some good l= ink where variable declaration inside Latex is explained in a nice way? On Tuesday, October 2, 2012 4:04:12 AM UTC-4, Fastian wrote: > I want to give the input from PHP/HTML form to a Latex file. In my case t= he Latex file is basically a template file that already contains necessary = commands for obtaining the document in a specified format.=20 >=20 >=20 >=20 > There will be place-holders/ variables inside the latex file to place th= e input on a specified position of the Latex document. Actually the input w= ill replace those variables/ place-holders in the latex file. Then this lat= ex will be executed and so on ..... >=20 > My question is that how can I send the input from a PHP/HTML form to a La= tex file. How the Latex file will take the input? Can you suggest some good= link where variable declarat...

How to pass a value in Javascript to a value in php
I have not learned Javascript,just copy & paste & revise <script language="JavaScript"> function confirmDelete{ re = confirm("Delete or not?(yes,cancel)"); if (re == "0"){<?php $re1 = 0;?>}else{ <?php $re1 = 1;?>} <!--the upper line will cause the confirm windows disappearing--!> return 0; } document.writeln(confirmDelete()); </script> <?php echo "\$re1 = $re1"; ?> 1. How to pass the value "re" in Javascript to $re1 in php 2. How to revise to make the confir...

Web resources about - How to get value of an input box into php? is it possible? syntax? - comp.lang.php

Obama Flip-Flops on Shopping After Terrorist Attacks
At a press conference today in Argentina, President Obama says that people in Boston "taught America a lesson" after the marathon bombing. Read ...

Forensics expert says FBI to use NAND mirroring to crack terrorist's iPhone
An outside contractor with established ties to the FBI has most likely shown investigators how to circumvent the iPhone’s security measures by ...

Glenn Beck: 'Superman And Batman Would Never Fight'
Though he has not seen the film yet, Glenn Beck is not a fan of the new " Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice " movie because Batman and Superman ...

See how the new, smaller iPad Pro stacks up against the 12.9-inch model
Although the iPhone SE was the highlight of Apple's spring event on Monday, it wasn't the only new device announced. Apple also unveiled a smaller, ...

Disney & Marvel Plan to Boycott Georgia If Anti-Gay Discrimination Bill Is Passed
Disney and Marvel will no longer film in Georgia “should any legislation allowing discriminatory practices be signed into state law.” Gov. Nathan ...

Google admits an inconvenient truth about the cloud wars with Amazon and Microsoft
With a new service called " Stackdriver ," Google is acknowleding an uncomfortable truth about the cloud computing market — customers aren't ...

Google adds ride-sharing tab to Maps for iOS
Google today updated its Google Maps iOS app to include a ride-sharing tab it introduced for Android owners just last week. While Uber is the ...

A Night Mode coming soon to Google Android?
Google's developer preview has revealed that the company may be coming out with a nighttime viewing mode for its smartphones and tablets in the ...

Seattle's 'Man in tree' siege ends after just over 24 hours
After over 24 hours, a man who had taken up a perch in a downtown Seattle tree has come down and is receiving treatment. SEE ALSO: Man gives ...

Turn Your Roomba Into the Star Wars Droid You Already Pretend It Is
iRobot’s Roomba vacuum cleaners are about the closest thing you can get to having a real Star Wars droid at home. In fact, many Roomba owners ...