how to get values of a redirected a POST request ?

these are three files below :
submit.html
<head>
</head>
<form action="redirect.php" method="POST" >
	<input type="text" name="value" value="test" >
	<input type="submit" >
</form>

redirect.php
<?php
	header("HTTP/1.1 303 See Other");
	header("Location: post.php");
?>

post.php
<head>
</head>
	<?php
		if(isset($_REQUEST['value'])) {
			echo "the value is : <font color=RED >{$_REQUEST['value']}</font>";
		}
	?>
When I submit, it does redirect to 'post.php', but it doesn't show
"test". If I change the submit.html to use the "GET" method ,and append
"?value={$_GET['value']}" to the url int the redirect.php, it works
well. Why the "POST" method doesn't work? I use "apache http server
2.0.58" with "php 5" , "ms IE 6.0" and "firefox 1.5.0".

Carl wrote:
> these are three files below :
> submit.html
> <head>
> </head>
> <form action="redirect.php" method="POST" >
> 	<input type="text" name="value" value="test" >
> 	<input type="submit" >
> </form>
>
> redirect.php
> <?php
> 	header("HTTP/1.1 303 See Other");
> 	header("Location: post.php");
> ?>
>
> post.php
> <head>
> </head>
> 	<?php
> 		if(isset($_REQUEST['value'])) {
> 			echo "the value is : <font color=RED >{$_REQUEST['value']}</font>";
> 		}
> 	?>
> When I submit, it does redirect to 'post.php', but it doesn't show
> "test". If I change the submit.html to use the "GET" method ,and append
> "?value={$_GET['value']}" to the url int the redirect.php, it works
> well. Why the "POST" method doesn't work? I use "apache http server
> 2.0.58" with "php 5" , "ms IE 6.0" and "firefox 1.5.0".

You lose posted data when you redirect.  You would need to re-post the
data along with sending the redirect, which i'm not sure is possible,
never tried it myself.

Why can you simply include the file?

Since you're using apache, you could use mod_rewrite to transparently
rewrite the request, not sure if that would accomplish what you want to
do.

0
richardlev (182)
6/15/2006 4:19:55 PM
Carl wrote:

> these are three files below :

[Snippets deleted]

> When I submit, it does redirect to 'post.php', but it doesn't show
> "test". If I change the submit.html to use the "GET" method ,and append
> "?value={$_GET['value']}" to the url int the redirect.php, it works
> well. Why the "POST" method doesn't work?

Because redirection uses the GET method.

You should consider either including post.php into redirect.php or
saving the POSTed values into session variables:

redirect.php
<?php
  session_start();
  $_SESSION = $_POST;
  header("HTTP/1.1 303 See Other");
  header("Location: post.php");
?>

post.php
<?php
  session_start();
  if(isset($_SESSION['value'])) {
    echo "the value is : <font color=RED >{$_SESSION['value']}</font>";
  }
?>

Cheers,
NC

0
nc (1051)
6/15/2006 6:55:46 PM
On 15 Jun 2006 08:33:17 -0700, Carl wrote...

>these are three files below :
>submit.html
><head>
></head>
><form action="redirect.php" method="POST" >
>	<input type="text" name="value" value="test" >
>	<input type="submit" >
></form>
>
>redirect.php
><?php
>	header("HTTP/1.1 303 See Other");
>	header("Location: post.php");
>?>
>
>post.php
><head>
></head>
>	<?php
>		if(isset($_REQUEST['value'])) {
>			echo "the value is : <font color=RED >{$_REQUEST['value']}</font>";
>		}
>	?>
>When I submit, it does redirect to 'post.php', but it doesn't show
>"test". If I change the submit.html to use the "GET" method ,and append
>"?value={$_GET['value']}" to the url int the redirect.php, it works
>well. Why the "POST" method doesn't work? I use "apache http server
>2.0.58" with "php 5" , "ms IE 6.0" and "firefox 1.5.0".

From my understanding the GET method passes the form data information along in
the web address. The POST method is a bit more transparent and may not carry
over when you're changing destination addresses. Using the GET method you can
also modify the URL to sent whatever form fields you needed to.

Martie
--
Newsguy Bandwidth Blowout June-29-2006
Unlimited downloads all day long

Richard Levasseur <richardlev@gmail.com> wrote:

> You lose posted data when you redirect.  You would need to re-post the
> data along with sending the redirect, which i'm not sure is possible,
> never tried it myself.

Yes, it's possible :)

Using Curl, you might try something like this (adjust to fit your
needs):

if( condition )
{
  $rePosts = '';

  foreach( $_POST as $pk => $pv )
  {
    $rePosts .= "&$pk=" . urlencode($pv);
  }

  $rsrc = curl_init( 'http://site_to_redirect_to/remote_script.php' );

  if( is_resource($rsrc) )
  {
    curl_setopt( $rsrc, CURLOPT_USERAGENT, $_SERVER['HTTP_USER_AGENT']);
    curl_setopt( $rsrc, CURLOPT_POST, 1 );
    curl_setopt( $rsrc, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, ltrim($rePosts, '&') );
    curl_setopt( $rsrc, CURLOPT_HEADER, 0 );
    curl_setopt( $rsrc, CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION, 1 );
    curl_setopt( $rsrc, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1 );

    curl_exec( $rsrc );
    curl_close( $rsrc );

    exit;
  }
  else
  {
    // some error handling...
  }
}

hih,

JJS.
0
jjsolari (2)
6/15/2006 9:58:12 PM
NC wrote:
> Carl wrote:
> >
> > these are three files below :
>
> [Snippets deleted]
>
> > When I submit, it does redirect to 'post.php', but it doesn't show
> > "test". If I change the submit.html to use the "GET" method ,and append
> > "?value={$_GET['value']}" to the url int the redirect.php, it works
> > well. Why the "POST" method doesn't work?
>
> Because redirection uses the GET method.
>
> You should consider either including post.php into redirect.php or
> saving the POSTed values into session variables:
>
> redirect.php
> <?php
>   session_start();
>   $_SESSION = $_POST;
>   header("HTTP/1.1 303 See Other");
>   header("Location: post.php");
> ?>
>
> post.php
> <?php
>   session_start();
>   if(isset($_SESSION['value'])) {
>     echo "the value is : <font color=RED >{$_SESSION['value']}</font>";
>   }
> ?>
>
> Cheers,
> NC

In fact ,the destination that I want to redirect to is not developed by
me , and they won't change their code for me. They use "POST" to get
values ,I have to redirect the POST request.

Carl wrote:
> NC wrote:
>
>>Carl wrote:
>>
>>>these are three files below :
>>
>>[Snippets deleted]
>>

>>>When I submit, it does redirect to 'post.php', but it doesn't show
>>>"test". If I change the submit.html to use the "GET" method ,and append
>>>"?value={$_GET['value']}" to the url int the redirect.php, it works
>>>well. Why the "POST" method doesn't work?
>>
>>Because redirection uses the GET method.
>>
>>You should consider either including post.php into redirect.php or
>>saving the POSTed values into session variables:
>>
>>redirect.php
>><?php
>>  session_start();
>>  $_SESSION = $_POST;
>>  header("HTTP/1.1 303 See Other");
>>  header("Location: post.php");
>>?>
>>
>>post.php
>><?php
>>  session_start();
>>  if(isset($_SESSION['value'])) {
>>    echo "the value is : <font color=RED >{$_SESSION['value']}</font>";
>>  }
>>?>
>>
>>Cheers,
>>NC
>

> In fact ,the destination that I want to redirect to is not developed by
> me , and they won't change their code for me. They use "POST" to get
> values ,I have to redirect the POST request.

As others have said - you can't redirect post values.  They're sent as part of
the request for the page, and a redirect doesn't resend them.

Your only real choices are to use CURL or send the header information yourself.

Then pass the results back to the client.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address
Carl wrote:
> NC wrote:
> > Carl wrote:
> > >
> > > Why the "POST" method doesn't work?
> >
> > Because redirection uses the GET method.
>
> In fact ,the destination that I want to redirect to is not developed
> by me , and they won't change their code for me. They use
> "POST" to get values ,I have to redirect the POST request.

You can't.  HTTP does not work this way.

Cheers,
NC

0
nc (1051)
6/16/2006 4:23:58 PM
Jerry Stuckle wrote:

> As others have said - you can't redirect post values.  They're
> sent as part of the request for the page, and a redirect doesn't
> resend them.
>
> Your only real choices are to use CURL or send the header
> information yourself.
>
> Then pass the results back to the client.

Alternatively, he could put all necessary information into the form and
POST directly to the page that requires POST inputs...

Cheers,
NC

0
nc (1051)

get a value in the servlet with get, but null with post
Hi, I am getting a value for a hidden field in my servlet when the method of the form is GET. But when I change it to POST, I get a null value for the same field, all things remaining the same. Does anybody have any idea why this could be happening? Thanks, Shiv "Shiv" <ss_panda@hotmail.com> wrote in message > Does anybody have any idea why this could be happening? Not without seeing some code... -- Wendy in Chandler, AZ try to find article named "High-Level Network Programming ", here is one part: ".... Consider the following HTML form: ...

Must GET/POST Parameters Have Values? (And What is the Syntax for GET, If NOT)
Are GET and POST parameters required to have values, i.e. are either of these legal? http://www.mydomain.com/index.php?this&that http://www.mydomain.com/index.php?this=&that= In my application, I have a GET/POST parameter that is significant just by its presence (it doesn't need a value), and rather than say this=1&that=1 I was wondering if it is legal to specify them without values. Thanks, Dave. David T. Ashley wrote: > Are GET and POST parameters required to have values, i.e. are either of > these legal? > > http://www.mydomain.com/index.php?this&that > > http://www.mydomain.com/index.php?this=&that= > > In my application, I have a GET/POST parameter that is significant just by > its presence (it doesn't need a value), and rather than say this=1&that=1 I > was wondering if it is legal to specify them without values. > > Thanks, Dave. yes thats ok, but they need an equals sign at the end still like in your second example, i havent tried it without, also empty($_GET['this']) this is fine if you simply want to see if it doesnt have another value, i use stuff like this for links to member logins, that way they can be returned back to the same page after a successful login and ensure everything was there that was before. Flamer. I've used like your first example (no equals signs) with no problems many times. All one must do to see if it is there is: isset($_GET['this']) I...

get-next-request and get-request
What is the real difference between the two commands ? What will be used when ? With the sniffer, it looks exactly the same. In article <3ff1bea6$1@news.barak.net.il>, Yoram Orzach <yoram@n-d-com.com> wrote: >What is the real difference between the two commands ? > >What will be used when ? > >With the sniffer, it looks exactly the same. The get-request will only match exactly the OID specified in the request. It will fail of no such OID exists on the target. The get-next-request will return the OID that is the "next" OID in the &quo...

reset a search form, GET values override posted values except on a new search
I have a search form for this sql query: $sql="SELECT bu, cart_id, nationalDrugCode, error_flag "; $sql.="FROM cart_inventory_complete "; if ($bu!=''){ $sqlWhere="WHERE bu ='$bu' ";} if ($cart_id !='') { $sqlWhere.="AND cart_id='$cart_id' ";} if (($zoneid !='') && ($zonenm!='')) { $sqlWhere.="AND zoneid ='$zoneid'AND zonenm='$zonenm' ";} $sqlWhere.="AND error_flag='1' "; $sqlLimit="LIMIT $startPage, 25"; This query worked on the first page of the search, but not on the second page, because the page numbering system is based on the GET value for the current page number. The filtered value is lost for the $sqlWHERE on the 2nd page, so I added the $sqlWhere values to the GET string in the page numbering section at the bottom. I solved it by setting the values of the vars first to the GET value and if no GET then take the POST value. It works now to show all the pages of the current search :-) The only issue I have now is if the user changes the search on the current page. He has seen the values displayed and wants to do a totally new search. I have to change the PAGE current page number and reset the the GET values to "". for ( $p=1;$p<=$noPages;$p++ ) { echo " <a href='$me?page=$p&error_flag=1&nRecs=$nRecs&bu= $bu&zoneid=$zoneid&zonenm=$zonenm&...

Redirecting POST Requests with mod_perl
<Using mod_perl2 and Apache2 on Win32> I am attempting to redirect a POST request, while preserving the recently passed form parameters. I found the following example in the mod_perl docs but it doesn't seem to be working. The form parameters aren't available on the receiving page. Line 3 appears to be retriving the form parameters and line 7 appears to be setting them for the receiving page, but they aren't available. Am I misunderstanding something here? 1. use Apache::Constants qw(M_GET); 2. my $r = shift; 3. my $content = $r->content; 4. $r->method("G...

Net::HTTP
I have a peculiar problem where I need to submit POST data to a script which has get variables (script.asp?variable=true) But Net:HTTP seems to have gone to great lengths to prevent this. Obviously, its messy and looked down upon but unfortunately I cannot control this. Running tests: body = Net::HTTP.post_form(URI.parse('http://www.server.net/post.php?x=y'), {'A'=>'1','B'=>'2','C' => '3'}) puts body.body --------- Above, the POST variables are the only ones which hit the server. Apparently everything after the '?' ...

Getting values into running VRML from PHP
Hi ng, I've tried to find solution to interact with running VRML from PHP. No success :-( I saw here couple of questions about it but no clear answer or some unique solution. Could somebody provide an example? What I want to do? I have a VRML file which IS generated by PHP, and this wrl file shows stats about page visits/visitors... It is OK and when I reload it it will show new status for egg. if there is 4 visitors, it will show 4 lines in front of cube. But I want to have wrl running all the time, and with help of some timer to fetch new status from PHP script and...

Get max value of int in php

convert a GET to a POST before output to php

My post dont get posted ?
Why dont my post get posted here ? - P Well I read it;-) I get the impression that the new Newsgroup interface still has 1 or 2 bugs. There has been at least one or two of my posts that I didn't get on this news reader, but were visible on other readers (along with the endless adverts to trainers etc.) so I guess it can't be all that bad. Regards Dave Robinson "Dave Robinson" <dave.robinson@somewhere.biz> wrote in message news:f7n7i0$ohc$1@fred.mathworks.com... > Well I read it;-) > > I get the impression that the new Newsgroup interface still has 1 or ...

Http POST requests changed to GET by proxy?
Hi, we have a software solution which works fine since several years for several different companies: It's an applet which communicates with a servlet using HTTP POST connections and displays results from the server/servlet. A new potential customer (i.e. company) now encounters a weird behaviour: They have some kind of Microsoft proxy server sitting between the applet and the servlet engine. When our applet creates a HTTP connection to the server it uses something as follows: conn.setRequestMethod ("POST"); conn.setRequestHeader(...,...); PrintWriter out = new PrintWriter(connect.getOutputStream()); out.println(data); out.flush(); connect.connect(); Normally one would expect that this leads to a call to doPost of the servlet. But for an unknown reason the Microsoft proxy does something completely unknown and creates an HTTP GET request, thus doGet will be called on the server and the content of the request is missing and the request thus is invalid. This does not happen all the time, it happens round about every tenth time or after about 15 secs of idle time (i.e. when the user does not make a connection to the server). Does anybody out there have a similar problem and perhaps a solution? Why does the MS proxy change something in the request? We cannot further examine which request headers get sent because the presentation is over (had to use a modem dial connection) and all we have are the log entries. Hoping for some clarifying answers, Alex schon...

Getting values in between the values of a vector?
Say I have a vector that's like this: [-6 -3 0 3 6] How can I get it get the number in between each of the two values to return something like: [-4.5 -1.5 1.5 4.5] Is there a built-in function that can do this? I'm asking because I'd like to avoid a loop if possible (but I'm thinking it's the only way). Thanks! "Brandon Rodriguez" <coasters2k@yahoo.com> wrote in message <gsfp69$19b$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Say I have a vector that's like this: > > [-6 -3 0 3 6] > > How can I get it get the number in between each of the two v...

post or get message posting

what is wrong with this script and how do I get the value in a php script
what is wrong with this script and how do I get the value Rij1 and Rij2 and Rij3 and Rij4 and Rij5 and Rij6 in a php script import RPi.GPIO as GPIO GPIO.setmode(GPIO.BCM) GPIO.setup(17, GPIO.IN) GPIO.setup(18, GPIO.IN) GPIO.setup(21, GPIO.IN) GPIO.setup(22, GPIO.IN) GPIO.setup(23, GPIO.IN) GPIO.setup(24, GPIO.IN) Rij1 = 0 Rij2 = 0 Rij3 = 0 Rij4 = 0 Rij5 = 0 Rij6 = 0 while True: PRij1 = GPIO.input(17) PRij2 = GPIO.input(18) PRij3 = GPIO.input(21) PRij4 = GPIO.input(22) PRij5 = GPIO.input(23) PRij6 = GPIO.input(24) if (PRij1 == False): Rij1 = Rij1...

How to get Response URL value
Hi, I have a problem here. I have a ruby code that opens Google, types "book stores" and clicks on "Search" button. # Code Snippet Begins here require 'net/http' require 'uri' require 'watir' term="book stores" url1 = 'http://www.google.com' ie = Watir::IE.start(url1) ie.text_field(:name, "q").set(term) ie.button(:name, "btnG").click # Code Snippet Ends here Now I need to obtain the value of the response URL generated by this search and assign it to a variable. [ i.e. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&am...

help getting value of cell and passing to PHP file
I have a table that gets generated every 5 minutes containing the drive space on my servers. The table is sortable via an external javascript file by clicking the column headers (using sortable.js found here: http://www.kryogenix.org/code/browser/sorttable/) the first 2 cells of the table are the server name and drive. When the server name in the first cell of any row is clicked on, I want to get the value of the data from that rows table cells and pass them to a PHP file that creates a chart of the data. I'm pretty sure javascript is the way to go, but I haven't figured out the right ...

How to get enum values from MySQL column using PHP?
I'm trying to populate an HTML <select> statement with the enum values from a MySQL column using PHP. Can anyone tell me how to access these enum values using PHP? Thanks, Don Don wrote: > I'm trying to populate an HTML <select> statement with the enum values > from a MySQL column using PHP. Can anyone tell me how to access these > enum values using PHP? > > Thanks, > Don More of a MySQL question, but here you go: SELECT yourEnumColumn+0 FROM yourTable; This requests the value as an integer, so it will result one (and the one you want). SELECT CONCAT('', yourEnumColumn) FROM yourTable; Will off course do the opposite, but you wouldn't need it as the string value is returned by default. Best regards. On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 16:36:43 +0100, Dikkie Dik <dikkie@nospam.org> wrote: >Don wrote: >> I'm trying to populate an HTML <select> statement with the enum values >> from a MySQL column using PHP. Can anyone tell me how to access these >> enum values using PHP? >> >> Thanks, >> Don >More of a MySQL question, but here you go: > >SELECT yourEnumColumn+0 FROM yourTable; > >This requests the value as an integer, so it will result one (and the >one you want). > >SELECT CONCAT('', yourEnumColumn) FROM yourTable; > >Will off course do the opposite, but you wouldn't need it as the string >value is returned by default. > >Bes...

How to get value of an input box into php? is it possible? syntax?

How PHP $_POST gets the multiple values from a HTML form?

connection to server, & make GET/POST request
Hello, This is my first application on socket programming in vc++. I am facing problem that how to make connection to server, & make GET/POST request by HTTP. Please help me. Its urgent.... Thanks "rup" <rthangaokar@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1168074072.683624.324750@38g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > This is my first application on socket programming in vc++. I am facing > > problem that how to make connection to server, & make GET/POST request > by HTTP. > Please help me. Its urgent.... If it's that urgent, use InternetOpenUrl() and other higher level API's. But if you want to use winsock yourself then you'll just have to learn. MSDN has many samples and the net is full of them.... - Sten ...

Redirecting a http POST request, without loosing data?
I have a web service that has moved to another server, but clients still use the old server. What i need to do is simply redirect their requests to the new server, and keep all data in the redirect process. simple http redirect looses data, and the servlet dispatcher mechanism works only for redirecting to local resources. Is there anything i can do to redirect the request? Here is the POST request: POST http://oldserver/service HTTP/1.1 Host: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive Connection: TE TE: trailers, deflate, gzip, compress User-Agent: RPT-HTTPClient/0.3-3 SOAPAction: "&...

How to get value from drop down box to e-mail with php

Newbie: getting /SELECT ONCHANGE value into PHP var
This is very new to me, scripting languages. I am trying to get the /select id off of a dropdownlist, which really does not drop down and is more like a flat list??, at an onchange event. Then move it into a php var to retrieve different data from db. Not that it matters but I load about 1200 items in to the list and was surprised how fast it is. Could some one give me some direction? // // Handle the data coming back <OPTION VALUE="0">Choose a Group echo "<FORM NAME=author>"; echo "<SELECT NAME=author_pk SIZE=20 COLS=20 ONCHANGE=getPK()>"; while ($rows = mysql_fetch_object($result)) { echo "<OPTION VALUE=".$rows->id.">". $rows->TITLE." ". $rows->lastname.", ". $rows->firstname. $rows->middlename. $rows->SUFFIX. "</OPTION>"; } echo "</SELECT>"; echo "</FORM>"; echo "<script language=Javascript>"; echo "function getPK() {"; <? $location ?> = "document.author.author_pk.options[document.author.author_pk.selectedIndex].value "; echo "}"; echo "</script>"; Thanks in Advance... IchBin, Pocono Lake, Pa, USA http://weconsultants.phpnet.us ________________________________________________...

html proxy form converts a GET to a POST for processing with PHP

Web resources about - how to get values of a redirected a POST request ? - comp.lang.php

Category:Wikipedia soft redirected project pages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Agile Artisans: You'll be redirected in just a moment...
Agile Artisans: You'll be redirected in just a moment...

Logged-Out Users Cannot See Facebook Pages’ Content; Redirected To News Feed After Login
Web surfers who are not logged in to Facebook and try to access pages on the social network are landing on the news feed once they input their ...

Flickr: The Help Forum: [locked, redirected] flickr now censoring all moderate and restricted photos ...

Prank of the Day: Someone Bought Anti-Gay Group’s Expired Domain Name, Redirected It to Gay Porn
Anti-gay protesters were picketing outside the Carolina Rebellion rock festival at the Charlotte Motor Speedway earlier this month, so one of ...

Smartphones redirected to Candy Crush, porn sites automatically - Technology - Tech News and Latest New ...
IT IS truly a 21st century problem, but one with potentially very serious implications. It may have even happened to you.

Smartphones redirected to Candy Crush, porn sites automatically
IT IS truly a 21st century problem, but one with potentially very serious implications. It may have even happened to you.

Bill Shorten's leadership ballot under scrutiny after Sam Dastyari's office redirected papers
The integrity of the vote that installed Bill Shorten as federal Labor leader has been brought into question by an official ALP tribunal which ...

Attack on Dailymotion redirected visitors to exploits
Attackers injected malicious code into Dailymotion.com, a popular video sharing website, and redirected visitors to Web-based exploits that installed ...

$200m redirected from wages to childcare training
THE Abbott government will redirect about $200 million that was meant to go to lifting childcare wages to helping long day care services with ...