How to invoke remote php file from php?

Hi, I have a local php file and I need to get info back from php file
on the server. How do I invoke remote a php? I can access this remote
php thru a simple url and it prints some info on the web page. How do I
get this info back to store as a variable in local php?

Regards,
Alex.

Alex wrote:
> Hi, I have a local php file and I need to get info back from php file
> on the server. How do I invoke remote a php? I can access this remote
> php thru a simple url and it prints some info on the web page. How do I
> get this info back to store as a variable in local php?
>
> Regards,
> Alex.

See example 16-11 here:
http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.include.php
0
Carl
1/5/2006 6:38:10 PM
Alex wrote:

> I have a local php file and I need to get info back from php file
> on the server. How do I invoke remote a php? I can access this remote
> php thru a simple url and it prints some info on the web page. How do I
> get this info back to store as a variable in local php?

$info = file_get_contents('http://remoteserver.com/script.php');

Cheers,
NC

0
nc (1051)
1/5/2006 6:49:06 PM
Carl & NC,

Thank you very much!!! Both examples work great.

Not precisely sure what you mean, something simple like this might do
what you want:

$contents =
file_get_contents('http://www.site.com/alexs_page.php?param=1&id=2');

NC wrote:
> Alex wrote:
>
>>I have a local php file and I need to get info back from php file
>>on the server. How do I invoke remote a php? I can access this remote
>>php thru a simple url and it prints some info on the web page. How do I
>>get this info back to store as a variable in local php?
>

> $info = file_get_contents('http://remoteserver.com/script.php');
>
> Cheers,
> NC

Much cleaner than my suggestion.

Thanks,
Carl.
0
Carl

PHP does not parse .PHP files
I have this problem with PHP that someone might be able to help. With CLI, I am able to execute my .php files. For example, if I type "php phpinfo.php" , this works fine on my system. If I put the phpinfo.php file is in /var/www/html and I try to access it through the browser, I get the content of the file and not the execution of the file. Instead of display the info of PHP, I got the text of the file as: <?php phpinfo(); ?> Why? Thanks Phong Ho wrote: >I have this problem with PHP that someone might be able to help. > >With CLI, I am able to execute my ....

Parsing a php include (which also contains php code)
Hello, I am using the <?php include() ?> statement on my website for organizational purposes. However, one of my includes contains some PHP code. Is there any way for the server to actually parse the include? I've tried this before, and it did not parse the include. Rather, it included the file as just plain ASCII. ======================= /*EXAMPLE 1*/ /*index.php*/ .... <?php include('global/includes/footer.inc') ?> .... /*footer.inc*/ .... <p>&copy 1993-<?php echo date("Y") ?> Kingswood School. All rights reserved.</p> .... /*EXAMPLE 2*/ /*index.php*/ .... <?php include('global/includes/lastmod.php') ?> .... /*lastmod.php*/ .... <?php echo "This file was last modified: "; echo strftime("%A %B %d %Y"); include('whateverfilename.inc'); ?> ============================= I would like to be able to parse the include if it has php code, and in some cases, create nesting includes (an include within an include). Is this even possible? Any ideas? Any help is certainly appreciated. Thanks! Steven Borrelli Web Developer Kingswood School Steven Borrelli wrote: > Hello, > > I am using the <?php include() ?> statement on my website for > organizational purposes. However, one of my includes contains some > PHP code. Is there any way for the server to actually parse the > include? I've tried this before, and it did not parse the in...

php outside php (?)
Sounds weird, i know. What i want/wonder is the following: PHP can do the next: <?php if($foo == 'bar') { ?> Ow yeah, foo is bar! <?php }; ?> But how can i do the following: <?php $foo= ?> this is what foo looks like. <?php }; ?> This way i could edit the content of $foo in DW's design-view. I hope it's clear enough for you all to understand... Greetings frizzle. frizzle wrote: > But how can i do the following: > > <?php > > $foo= > > ?> > this is what foo looks like. > <?php > > }; > > ?> > > This way i could edit the content of $foo in DW's design-view. > I hope it's clear enough for you all to understand... <?php ob_start(); ?> this is what foo looks like. <?php $foo=ob_get_clean(); ?> -- Justin Koivisto - justin@koivi.com http://koivi.com Wow, little late on the reply, but i still wanted to thank you for your help. This is exactly what i meant, and it works great! :D Thanks again. ...

php to php obj
Hi All, Is there any tool to convert the .php files into its object files in deploying the files to other's server like java classes are deployed? Thanks in advance --AR John7481 <arjohn7481@hotmail.com> wrote or quoted: > Is there any tool to convert the .php files into its object files in > deploying the files to other's server like java classes are deployed? To what end? Do you want a PHP obfuscator? They tend not to be needed - since the code remains on the server. Do you want a PHP squeezer? Again - since PHP remains on the server that is of reduced importance. PHP obfuscators and squeezers are out there - but what exactly are you looking for? -- __________ |im |yler http://timtyler.org/ tim@tt1lock.org Remove lock to reply. With total disregard for any kind of safety measures Tim Tyler <tim@tt1lock.org> leapt forth and uttered: > John7481 <arjohn7481@hotmail.com> wrote or quoted: > >> Is there any tool to convert the .php files into its object >> files in deploying the files to other's server like java >> classes are deployed? > > To what end? > > Do you want a PHP obfuscator? They tend not to be needed - > since the code remains on the server. > > Do you want a PHP squeezer? Again - since PHP remains on the > server that is of reduced importance. > > PHP obfuscators and squeezers are out there - but what exactly > are you looking for? I think he'...

PHP within PHP...
I took over the support of a website that is set up something like this inside one of the pages: include_once("header.php"); <?php //to get the content of the page they do this: $content = mysql_query("select content etc...); echo $content; ?> include_once("footer.php"); I am having problems evaluating any php that is used in the mysql content. Is there a way to get the mysql withing the mysql to run? Thank you for your time, Mandragon On Sep 17, 12:56 pm, Mandrago...@gmail.com wrote: > I took over the support of a website that is set up something like > this inside one of the pages: > > include_once("header.php"); > > <?php > //to get the content of the page they do this: > $content = mysql_query("select content etc...); > > echo $content; > ?> > > include_once("footer.php"); > > I am having problems evaluating any php that is used in the mysql > content. Is there a way to get the mysql withing the mysql to run? > > Thank you for your time, > > Mandragon Sorry, The question should read: "Is there a way to get the php withing the echo $htmlcontent to run?" Of course you are, $content is a resource. The MySQL Query resource. try this: $content = mysql_query('bla bla bla'); while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($content)) { $result[] = $row; } $content = $result; Now you can use $content ;). In answer to your edit... eval($co...

Modify a php file(model) with php
I have an invoice model on my server! and i want to replace some field(like adresse, phone, price, VAT, ....) do you know a tools or class that allows those kind of manipulations Thanks you Yoni Yoni Alhadeff a �crit : > I have an invoice model on my server! and i want to replace some field(like > adresse, phone, price, VAT, ....) > > do you know a tools or class that allows those kind of manipulations > > Thanks you > > Yoni > > Couldn't you replace field with var and have them set when including your template (it become one in fact) ? I didn'...

php assembly of multiple php files
I am trying to combine multiple php pages into 1. Basically I have created a shell page and then a seperate php file for each form to be included within the shell. The problem I am having is that when a user submits one of the forms the main shell and the other php files POST values are all returned as NULL and I only get the values pertaining to the form that was submitted?. If all the files were combined into one very long php file, I would get all the POSTs returned how can I do the same but with multiple files? When you submit an include, do the POST values not get passed back to the Main calling page? Thank you, QB Question Boy wrote: > I am trying to combine multiple php pages into 1. > > Basically I have created a shell page and then a seperate php file for > each form to be included within the shell. > > The problem I am having is that when a user submits one of the forms > the main shell and the other php files POST values are all returned as > NULL and I only get the values pertaining to the form that was > submitted?. If all the files were combined into one very long php > file, I would get all the POSTs returned how can I do the same but > with multiple files? > > When you submit an include, do the POST values not get passed back to > the Main calling page? > > Thank you, > > QB This has nothing to do with PHP - it's how HTML works. The browser will only send the data for the form being subm...

When does the php interpreter loads the php file?
Hi All, I'm wondering three facts about php, apache and apache module. 1.How can i differentiate the php intepreter if it's running as a apache module or as cgi? 2.When does the php interpretor loads the php file to main memory? 3.and till when it keeps the php file on memory? - in my experience only after installing Zend it caches the php file. Thak you *** Kim Gijung wrote/escribi� (20 Oct 2004 00:03:35 -0700): > 1.How can i differentiate the php intepreter if it's running as a > apache module or as cgi? If I recall correctly phpinfo() calls it "Server API&qu...

want to get content of one php file in another php file
i have one php file having content Contents of ex1.php file <body> <?php $content = "c://webserver/www/abc.php"; $handle = fopen($content, "r"); echo fread($handle,filesize($content)); ?> </body> this is reading abc.php file in which i m simply using an echo statement. When i execute ex1.php file i cant see the php statement of abc.php file content of abc.php file is <?php echo "hello";?> sarika wrote: > i have one php file having content > > Contents of ex1.php file > <body> > <?php > $content = "c://webserver/www/abc.php"; > $handle = fopen($content, "r"); > echo fread($handle,filesize($content)); > ?> > </body> > this is reading abc.php file in which i m simply using an echo > statement. When i execute ex1.php file i cant see the php statement of > abc.php file > > content of abc.php file is > <?php echo "hello";?> That's interesting, I've found out that it's the browser that's hiding <?php ?> tags within .phpx pages. Probably to avoid short tags scripts (on a server that doesn't allow them) from getting leaked by visitors who don't know about this browser trick, until the dev' realizes his error. Not a good thing, IMO; dev's should take care, themselves, and it's still not secure since the hidden string is still in the rendered source. And now we don't know how ...

Open .php file with PHP Designer 2007 by clicking the file in XP
In windows XP, I want to be able to click on a .php file and have it opened in PHP Designer 2007, Or right-click on it and have an "edit" menu option presented to me. I know how to tweak the registry to do this in general, but what would the command line look like in this specific case ? PHP Designer does not do this automatically. It is as if the program does not allow commandline options. It only opens with the last file used or a menu of recently opened files. ...

Is a PHP variable supposed to be seen in a .js file included into a .php file
Is a PHP variable supposed to be seen in a .js file included into a .php file? I have a client side javascript code stored in a .js file which is included into a PHP file using <script src="filename.js></script> This code initialises a Javascript variable var u="string"; The string is supposed to be the value of $HTTP_HOST So, when initialise this variable like var u=<? echo $HTTP_HOST;?>; I sterted getting a javascript message Syntax Error Am I doing something wrong, or PHP variables are not seen in included js files? aa wrote: > Is a PHP variable supposed to be seen in a .js file included into a .php > file? > > I have a client side javascript code stored in a .js file which is included > into a PHP file using > <script src="filename.js></script> > > This code initialises a Javascript variable > var u="string"; > > The string is supposed to be the value of $HTTP_HOST > > So, when initialise this variable like > > var u=<? echo $HTTP_HOST;?>; > > I sterted getting a javascript message Syntax Error > > Am I doing something wrong, or PHP variables are not seen in included js > files? js files are not parsed for PHP code unless you specifically tell the webserver to do so. Therefore, "var u=<? echo $HTTP_HOST;?>;" in the .js will error since the browser doesn't know what to do. -- Justin Koivisto - spam@koiv...

SSI Including PHP File Within PHP File Causes Seg Fault and Crash
Can somebody concur or verify the following? I'm having this problem on all of my installations. I've got Apache 2.0.40 and PHP 4.2.2 installed and configured from RedHat RPMs. Nothing out of the ordinary. In the httpd.conf file, PHP files are called with the following: <Files *.php> SetOutputFilter PHP;INCLUDES SetInputFilter PHP LimitRequestBody 524288 </Files> I create two files as follows: /test1.php <!--#include virtaul="/test2.php" --> and /test2.php Testing 1 2 3 By going to http://host/test1.php, it may or may not display the fi...

Best PHP Training | PHP Development Training | PHP Training Institute
Tops Technologies provides php and mysql certification courses in ahmedabad, baroda, surat, Rajkot, Udaipur, Gujarat, india.PHP Training with MySQL is an introductory course in the PHP and MySQL technology. Mysql and php training course, php for beginners, sql training courses, PHP Training courses, php courses, mysql training courses, php mysql course. For More Details :- http://www.tops-int.com ...

Failed opening required 'PEAR.php' (include_path='F:\www\include') in F:\Program Files\PHP\PEAR\Text\CAPTCHA.php on line 22
Hi, Guys=EF=BC=8Cwhen I run my site ,I got some errors: Warning: require_once(PEAR.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in F:\Program Files\PHP\PEAR \Text\CAPTCHA.php on line 22 Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'PEAR.php' (include_path=3D'F:\www\include') in F:\Program Files \PHP\PEAR\Text\CAPTCHA.php on line 22 It appears that it cann't find the pear.php ,but i checked my dir,and this file was there,and also I have my php.ini file checked,the include_path=3Dinclude_path=3D".;F:\Program Files\PHP\pear;F:\www \include" ,it looks all right,was there anything I have missed in the config file?Or something wrong ? Wish somebody can help me out. Thanks, Mikay >Warning: require_once(PEAR.php) [function.require-once]: failed to >open stream: No such file or directory in F:\Program Files\PHP\PEAR >\Text\CAPTCHA.php on line 22 >Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening >required 'PEAR.php' (include_path='F:\www\include') in F:\Program Files >\PHP\PEAR\Text\CAPTCHA.php on line 22 So where is the pear.php file? >It appears that it cann't find the pear.php ,but i checked my dir,and >this file was there,and also I have my php.ini file checked,the >include_path=include_path=".;F:\Program Files\PHP\pear;F:\www >\include" ,it looks all right,was there anything I have missed in the >config...

cron jobs in PHP admin to run a PHP file
I want to run a php script every day. The page goes to a directory and parses a file and adds data to the database. Where it says "command" in cron jobs I don't know what it is looking for? Can I put the name of my php file? This is what I have: Minute Hour Day Month Weekday Command 1 8 1-7 1-31 * myPage.php The reason I am asking is I don't have a clue what PHPadmin wants in the command box. All I want to do is run the php script. Thanks, janis JRough wrote: >I want to run a php script every day. The page goes to a directory > and > parses a file and adds data to the database. Where it says "command" > in cron jobs I don't know what it is looking for? Can I put the name > of my php file? > > This is what I have: > > Minute Hour Day Month Weekday Command > 1 8 1-7 1-31 > * myPage.php > > The reason I am asking is I don't have a clue what PHPadmin wants in > the command box. All I want to do is run the php script. > > Thanks, > janis usually you would put the path to the php interpreter followed by any required options followed by the script file name On May 27, 12:17 pm, JRough <jlro...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I want to run a php script every day. The page goes to a directory > and > parses a file and add...

Why are my PHP files are not being executed (PHP keywords/syntax being ignored)
I have been hosting a website on the same server for roughly 2 years. The entire site is based on a group of PHP scripts. Today, without changing a thing, the server stopped recognizing all PHP keywords and syntax. When I use firefox, the page simply displays a text/plain version of my source code. When I use IE, the page loads as text/html, however, all lines of PHP code (between "<?" and "?>") are displayed as text. My assumption is that my host has stopped providing PHP extensions. Can anybody confirm this or give me another explanation? All help is greatly ap...

PHP is looking for php.ini file in c:\windows
As the installation txt suggests, I have left my php.ini file inside the c:\php directory... but running phpinfo() shows that my php.ini file is in c:\windows as shown below. Configuration File (php.ini path) - C:\WINDOWS Well there is no php.ini file in my windows directory, so I'm not sure where it's getting it's configuration settings from... unless I suppose they're built into the executable somewhere if no php.ini file is found. My questions is - why php is not locating my php.ini file that is located in the c:\php directory? I'd rather not move it to the windows directory so I can keep everything nice and tidy like the installation file suggests. BTW - This is a brand new laptop I'm installing PHP on so there is (I just double checked) no PHP.ini file in the c:\windows directory. The path is set to include c:\php... and opening a DOS prompt and typing "php" is a recognizable command regardless of my current directory. This is the 2nd machine I have had this same problem with. I'm still confused... Any thoughts? thanks ~john wrote: > As the installation txt suggests, I have left my php.ini file inside > the c:\php directory... but running phpinfo() shows that my php.ini > file is in c:\windows as shown below. > > Configuration File (php.ini path) - C:\WINDOWS > > Well there is no php.ini file in my windows directory, so I'm not sure > where it's getting it's configuration settings from... ...

Single PHP file
Hi All, Hoping for some direction here (I have searched, without avail, for a solution already). I was toying with trying to find a way whereby I could have a single PHP file, and then specify whether to either see the processed output or the source code by using the extensions php and phps (respectively). So, with one file called "theFile.php" on the server, going to "www.server.com/theFile.php" would show the end result of the php actions, whereas going to "www.server.com/theFile.phps" would show the actual content of the file itself. I thought this could be done by modifying the htaccess file as follows: AddType application/x-httpd-php-source phps RewriteEngine on RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteRule ^(.+)\.phps$ $1.php However this does not work: - if a *.php file exists, then accessing *.php or *.phps returns the end result of the php actions. - if a *.phps file exists, then accessing *.php returns a 404 error, and *.phps shows the actual file contents. Looking for any direction, references, or assistance. Thanks On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 02:04:18 +0100, Lucanos <lucanos@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > Hoping for some direction here (I have searched, without avail, for a > solution already). > > I was toying with trying to find a way whereby I could have a single > PHP file, and then specify whether to either see the processed output > or the source code by us...

php bug? strange end of php file error
Why this code <?php function X() { // echo("commented ?>"); } X(); ?> give the error "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end" ??? ?> is into a string commented! On 07.09.2007 17:31 Fabio wrote: > Why this code > > <?php > function X() > { > // echo("commented ?>"); > } > X(); > ?> > > give the error > "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end" > > ??? > > ?> is into a string commented! no, it is not. There's no "strings" inside comments, comment is a stream of characters and does take ?> into account. I don't think this is a good idea either, but so is it. -- gosha bine makrell ~ http://www.tagarga.com/blok/makrell php done right ;) http://code.google.com/p/pihipi "gosha bine" <stereofrog@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:46e17257$0$31118$6e1ede2f@read.cnntp.org... > On 07.09.2007 17:31 Fabio wrote: >> Why this code >> >> <?php >> function X() >> { >> // echo("commented ?>"); >> } >> X(); >> ?> >> >> give the error >> "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end" >> >> ??? >> >> ?> is into a string commented! > > no, it is not. There's no "strings" inside comments, comment is a stream > of characters and does take ?> into a...

including a PHP file displays the file's content to the user agent (PHP 5.1)
Hi all I'm having a strange problem when upgrading the content management system eZ publish from PHP 4.4 to PHP 5.1. Some cache files related to i18n are included with the "include" function, but they are being displayed to the user agent instead of being parsed by PHP. With PHP 4.4 there was no problem. You can download a test script from: http://blog.kristofcoomans.be/wp-content/uploads/test.tar Thanks for your help Cheers -- Kristof Cyberwolf wrote: > Hi all > > I'm having a strange problem when upgrading the content management > system eZ publish from PHP 4.4 to PHP 5.1. Some cache files related to > i18n are included with the "include" function, but they are being > displayed to the user agent instead of being parsed by PHP. With PHP > 4.4 there was no problem. > > You can download a test script from: > http://blog.kristofcoomans.be/wp-content/uploads/test.tar > > Thanks for your help > > Cheers > > -- > > Kristof Do any other php pages parse properly? If not, then it will most likely be a problem with your install and/or configuration. If you can parse some php pages, it might be worth checking your PHP 5 configuration, and then Apache's configuration if nothing jumps out at you in there. Is there any particular reason you chose to go with PHP 5? I have heard of lots of people having problems with it, which is why I stay away from it. Well, until I understand it a bit better...

Send array from php to php

php notification through php sdk
Hi there I want to build a e-commerce website similar to wish.com and I have chosen opencast as my framework of choice. Now wish has a feature that when you save a product in wish and if you are logged in with Facebook or gmail all of your friends will get a notification that your friends has saved a item on wish. I want a similar feature on my site Now I know Facebook provide a sdk JavaScript and php and wish might be using something similar but I am using open cart can I open home page or product page in the sdk Thanks On 3/20/2015 7:30 AM, apoorv.kanungo@gmail.com wrote: &g...

how to mark php document as cachable (expires only when php file changes)

Web resources about - How to invoke remote php file from php? - comp.lang.php

Invoke (@invoke) on Twitter

Hillary Clinton Invokes Hopes & Dreams for America in NYC - YouTube
Hillary Clinton used the opening rally of her campaign on Saturday to cast her ambition for the presidency as part of the story of American progress. ...

Turkey invokes NATO pact after Syria downs plane
Turkey invokes NATO pact after Syria downs plane

Turkey invokes NATO pact after Syria downs plane
Turkey invokes NATO pact after Syria downs plane

Brisbane Roar coach John Aloisi invokes Maroon spirit for Sydney FC clash - The Courier-Mail Search Search ...
ADOPTED Queenslander John Aloisi says “State of Origin” fever has hit his Brisbane team before the top-of-the-table A-League showdown against ...

Aloisi invokes Maroon spirit for Roar
ADOPTED Queenslander John Aloisi says “State of Origin” fever has hit his Brisbane team before the top-of-the-table A-League showdown against ...

Abbott invokes Labor's Chifley in UN speech
Tony Abbott has drawn on former PM Ben Chifley's 1949 speech in his address to the UN General Assembly. Tony Abbott has invoked Labor's beloved ...

Scott Morrison invokes John Howard in challenging Labor to back temporary protection visas
Immigration Minister Scott Morrison has seized on Labor's admission it could adopt the government's policy of turning back asylum seeker boats ...

ASADA invokes Lance Armstrong dope formula
The Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority has built a ''non-presence'' drug case against 34 Essendon footballers, adopting a strategy similar ...