i am getting error while sending mail using mail() function

i am getting following error.

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at
"smtp.gmail.com" port 465, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting
in php.ini or use ini_set() in D:\LUGUBA\root\site\temp5.php on line 8

i have done the following

(1) in php.ini file

SMTP = smtp.gmail.com
smtp_port = 465
sendmail_from = kathlal.panjabi@gmail.com

(2)

i am sendig mail using mail() function and i am passing only defaulst
arguments to,subject,body

is it enough to send a mail or something is missing??

and do not i need to give password of my above email address
kathlal.panjabi@gmail.com

thxs for help in advance.......

vishal wrote:

> i am getting following error.
>
> Warning: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at
> "smtp.gmail.com" port 465, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting
> in php.ini or use ini_set() in D:\LUGUBA\root\site\temp5.php on line 8

I think it's very nlikely that Gmail will allow relaying, although you
should be able to send to your own account. Port 465 is for SMPTS (i.e. SSL
wrapped SMTP)

C.

*** vishal wrote/escribi� (6 Apr 2005 02:35:56 -0700):
> SMTP = smtp.gmail.com
> smtp_port = 465
> sendmail_from = kathlal.panjabi@gmail.com

Gmail's SMTP server only allows encrypted connections; it also requires a
username and password. I don't think that mail() function can do such a
job. You should find a different function to send mail. There're some
clases in pear.php.net that may do the trick.

--
-- �lvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain
-- Don't e-mail me your questions, post them to the group
vishal wrote:
> i am getting following error.
>
> Warning: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at
> "smtp.gmail.com" port 465, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting
> in php.ini or use ini_set() in D:\LUGUBA\root\site\temp5.php on line
8
<snip>

   Question flagged for FAQ. Should do it later.

--
  <?php echo 'Just another PHP saint'; ?>
Email: rrjanbiah-at-Y!com    Blog: http://rajeshanbiah.blogspot.com/

0
ng4rrjanbiah (1570)

PHP mail() function failing to send mail
Hi everyone, Our setup: PHP 4.3.11, FreeBSD 5.3 RELEASE, Sendmail 8.1, 1 host environment, 2 jails. Our problem: While we can send email from the command line just fine in one of the jails, we cannot use the php mail() command to send email using sendmail at all. The function, when executed, does absolutely nothing. No error, no reports to the maillog, nothing. I've read somewhere that it's "not possible" to send mail using the php mail() function within a freebsd jail, but i'm nearly certain we have it working this way on another server, but can't seem to figure out the issue. Anyone know any tests we can do to learn more? Thanks. Check out the log messages from your sendmail... If it's not logging anything, try increasing (temporarily) the log level (24 should be more than enough) Probability says that you're running into a permission issue with sendmail. Probably your PHP/Apache user is not allowed to relay email. I'm not sure this might apply since I am not familiar to BSD, but, had similar problems with a RH machine just a few days ago ...

sending mass email fom php using mail function
I have to send more than 100s of email using a php code if i use mail function whether it will be sent to spam or inbox. If it is sent to spam which is the other way to send mass email from php. i have tried to sent email to 4 to 5 email ids it is going for inbox only but i have a doubt if i send it to more than 100 email id it may go for spam akuva wrote: > I have to send more than 100s of email using a php code if i use mail > function whether it will be sent to spam or inbox. If it is sent to > spam which is the other way to send mass email from php. i have tried > to sent email to 4 to 5 email ids it is going for inbox only but i > have a doubt if i send it to more than 100 email id it may go for spam > In addition to what Rik indicated, whether your email ends up in the inbox or spam filter has nothing to do with the use of the mail() function. Once the message has been passed to your MTA, there is nothing about how it originated. Rather, it is the headers (most of which you supply), content, source domain and ip which determine if its spam or not (by most spam filters, at least). Compare the headers of your email with that of accepted email. -- ================== Remove the "x" from my email address Jerry Stuckle JDS Computer Training Corp. jstucklex@attglobal.net ================== ...

sending mass email fom php using mail function #2
I have to send more than 100s of email using a php code if i use mail function whether it will be sent to spam or inbox. If it is sent to spam which is the other way to send mass email from php. i have tried to sent email to 4 to 5 email ids it is going for inbox only but i have a doubt if i send it to more than 100 email id it may go for spam On Thu, 02 Aug 2007 06:56:00 +0200, akuva <shankar.nsm@gmail.com> wrote: > I have to send more than 100s of email using a php code if i use mail > function whether it will be sent to spam or inbox. If it is sent to > spam which is the other way to send mass email from php. i have tried > to sent email to 4 to 5 email ids it is going for inbox only but i > have a doubt if i send it to more than 100 email id it may go for spam The mail() function isn't really suitable for hundreds of mails (well, unless you decide to put them all at once in a To/CC/BCC header, in which you're just asking to consider you as a spammer). For the sending of individual emails the manual has this to say: [quote] Note: It is worth noting that the mail() function is not suitable for larger volumes of email in a loop. This function opens and closes an SMTP socket for each email, which is not very efficient. For the sending of large amounts of email, see the � PEAR::Mail, and � PEAR::Mail_Queue packages. [/quote] So either use them, or build your own using fsockopen. Then again, hundreds isn't that much relatively...

PHP mail() function is sends emails to sendmail but they never get received
Hi... I got a really a nasty problem with my mail() function... I have a form mailer on my website which is using the mail() funcion of my own webserver. After sending a message the mail script is telling me that the email was send correct. But nobody is receiving it. I have tried a lot of different domains incase that the email address which I have used been blocked because of SPAM. The mail() function has worked for long time.....and I did nothing changed on the configuration. What is the reason for this? I couldn't find anything information regarding this problem. Thanks for your he...

when receiving the mail(php mail function), the variable's last value is getting converted to $ or # replacing the digit

php mail() not sending to mail Clients (ie, Outlook, Apple Mail, thunderbird, etc..)
I have a send mail script on my site that. The emails are recieved by gmail, and yahoo, but not to mail clients like Outlook, Mail, etc...) Is this a problem with the script, or is it something I must change in php ini file? Thanks in advance for any help. here is the code. (im using it in conjunction with javascript for some AJAX stuff) if(!isset($_GET['action'])) { die("You must not access this page directly!"); //Just to stop people from visiting contact.php normally } /* Now lets trim up the input before sending it */ $name = trim($_GET['name']); //The senders name $to = trim($_GET['maily']); //The senders email address $place = trim($_GET['place']); //The senders email address $subject = "you have recieved mail"; $headers = "From:$name"; $message = "{$name} deemed you worthy of receiving the following information/exchange from Trumpet.\n\n Follow This Link {$place}"; mail($to, $subject, $message,$headers); //a very simple send echo 'contactarea|<p class="sent">Article Sent!</p>'; //now lets update the "contactarea" div on the contact.html page. The contactarea| tell's the javascript which div to update. ?> shybe wrote: > I have a send mail script on my site that. > > The emails are recieved by gmail, and yahoo, but not to mail clients > like Outlook, Mail, etc...) > > Is this a problem with the script, or is it something ...

Why do i get an error 66 when i sent a mail use SMTP Email Send File.vi?

pls help me when i sent mail, it vil sending twice instead of once ,am using java.mail,am sending my code....
Every thing is working fine but it sending message twice instead of once. in the Forget.jsp page am accepting username or email <struts-config.xml> <form-beans> <form-bean name="forgotUname" type="org.apache.struts.validator.DynaValidatorForm"> <form-property name="userName" type="java.lang.String" /> <form-property name="email" type="java.lang.String" /> </form-bean> </form-beans> <action-mappings> <action path="/Forgot" name="forgotUname" type=&q...

mail error when using PHP
Howdy! I've encountered an odd error, and it seems to happen only when PHP is used to send email. I'm using PHP 4.1.2 on RH 7.1. The problem is best seen when OS Commerce generates email. Specifically, email that is sent to a local mailbox has the 'F' removed from the "From " header (I think this is the very first character in email messages). With the 'F' missing, the mail file is obviously corrupted. For now, I've resorted to using sed() and lockfile to fix it. When I had a little time some months ago, I spelunked through the OSC code; it seems the problem is within a PHP mail handling function. Has anyone ever seen this? What can I do to fix it? (Or, more politely, where can I look to learn how to fix it?) Clueless in Virginia's technological backwater, Neal In article <h7CdnSocTblWKDrcRVn-tA@adelphia.com>, neal.p.murphy@alum.wpi.edu says... > Howdy! > > I've encountered an odd error, and it seems to happen only when PHP is used > to send email. I'm using PHP 4.1.2 on RH 7.1. The problem is best seen when > OS Commerce generates email. > > Specifically, email that is sent to a local mailbox has the 'F' removed from > the "From " header (I think this is the very first character in email > messages). With the 'F' missing, the mail file is obviously corrupted. For > now, I've resorted to using sed() and lockfile to fix it. No, the 'From:' heade...

can't send mail using mail()
hello, i am new to sending mail with php. the first function i tried is the mail(). when i passed the required parameters (to, message,subject), the apache error log said that the parameters are uninitialised. but the parameters already had value. do you know what is wrong? thank you fasisi wrote: > hello, > > i am new to sending mail with php. the first function i tried is the > mail(). when i passed the required parameters (to, message,subject), > the apache error log said that the parameters are uninitialised. but > the parameters already had value. > > do you know what is wrong? > > thank you Sorry, my crystal ball is broken. I can't see your code. Try posting your code so we can see what might be wrong. -- ================== Remove the "x" from my email address Jerry Stuckle JDS Computer Training Corp. jstucklex@attglobal.net ================== On Mar 16, 8:14=A0pm, Jerry Stuckle <jstuck...@attglobal.net> wrote: > fasisi wrote: > > hello, > > > i am new to sending mail with php. the first function i tried is the > > mail(). when i passed the required parameters (to, message,subject), > > the apache error log said that the parameters are uninitialised. but > > the parameters already had value. > > > do you know what is wrong? > > > thank you > > Sorry, my crystal ball is broken. =A0I can't see your code. > > Try posting your code so we can s...

When sending mail I get: "Error sending message, child exited 67 (User unknown.)"
I've got a bash shell script file which is executed as a service under root. When executing: /usr/bin/mutt -s "subject" -a report.zip yonatan@il.nlayers.com < /dev/null I get: "Error sending message, child exited 67 (User unknown.)" When this is not ran as a service or from the command line, the message get send and I don't get this error. I also echoed "whoami" which resulted in "root". Please advise. On 18 May 2004 02:49:22 -0700, Jonathan Taub wrote: > When this is not ran as a service or from the command line, t...

sending mail using Unix mail program from Sicstus Prolog
Forgive me if this is a newbie question. I am looking for a simple way to send email using sicstus prolog. The closest thing that i have found to a solution is using system() to access the Unix mail command. The problem that i am having is coming up with a way to specify the command in a dynamic way. I need to pass system() an atom, if i am not mistaken, but i don't know how to do it. I am looking for something like: mail(Subject, Recipient, Body) :- system('mail -s Subject Recipient <Body'),!. So, my question is, how do i generate the command to pass to system? Sincerely, ...

the script hangs up when i try to send mail with attachments using MAIL::Sender...???
As said in the topic... when i try to send an e-mail message using Mail::Sender the script hangs up before execution of $sender -> OpenMultipart(...); don't know what to do... when i run my script without any files attached it works but with them it doesn't .... Bob OK, I've dealed with the problem by myself... It's the clue: While using Mail::Sender never manipulate $/ and $\ variables.... the script will hang up every time... BoB kenzo_@gmx.de U�ytkownik "Robert Trzaskowski" <robert@hoffmanowa.pl> napisa� w wiadomo�ci news:bg9jlf$1af$1@news.onet.pl.....

mail() function doesn't seem to be sending MAIL FROM: properly
I'm trying to send an email using the mail() function. I've carefully made use of the ini_set(SMTP, "mail.my.server") function to set my SMTP server and also to set my From: address. I'm still getting a "Relaying not explicitly allowed: fakeemail@fakedomain.com" response from the server however, when I try and set a recipient who is outside of my own domain. This makes my think that the From: address is somehow not getting sent to my server properly or that I'm pointing at the wrong server. The confounding thing is that it was working for a while and I don't think I changed anything and it just stopped. I'm running these PHP pages for a client off of one of those cheap hosting services, I think it's called 1dollarhost.com or something, although I can't remember at the moment. Has anyone else had trouble with this or found a solution? Many thanks, Todd tzuccolo2001@yahoo.com wrote: > I'm trying to send an email using the mail() function. I've carefully > made use of the ini_set(SMTP, "mail.my.server") function to set my SMTP > server and also to set my From: address. I'm still getting a "Relaying > not explicitly allowed: fakeemail@fakedomain.com" response from the > server however, when I try and set a recipient who is outside of my own > domain. This makes my think that the From: address is somehow not > getting sent to my server properly or that I'm pointing at...

Not being able to send mails through PHP using SMTP
Hello everyone, I am using Apache 1.3.33 as the web server and PHP version 4.3.10. My machine is using Windows XP 2002 professional edition which comes with a Windows firewall. I am using McAfee free edition for anti-virus. I use an ISP provider from my country and according to them I do not need to perform authentication while sending mails through their SMTP address. Thus I am using external SMTP server. I don't have IIS installed in my computer nor do I have an SMTP server running. I tried the PHP's mail(...) function but the function fails. It reports that the connection to the SMTP host cannot be made. I set the SMTP host using the ini_set function as well as editing the php.ini and specifying the host (then again restarting Apache server). This doesn't help. The mail function still fails with the same error. Disabled the Windows firewall and McAfee anti-virus. But the same problem persists. Thinking that I may have somehow messed up the header information or not properly using CRLF, I used the phpmailer class. The classes have been installed properly. The phpmailer's send(..) function also fails with the error: Debug Warning: C:\Program Files\Pcounter Web Report\www\libraries\class.smtp.php line 177 - fsockopen(): unable to connect to smtp.wlink.com.np:25 I am using the default port that is 25. Verified that my ISP provider also uses port 25 for SMTP. I debugged the phpmailer class and the fsockopen(..) function fails as you can also see from the...

Want mercury mail server to send mails using user defined smtp
How do I setup mercury mail server to use some other smtp to deliver mails. Background: My ISPs IP addresses (set of ips) are registered as spam sending and hence all mails sent using this ip bounces back. So I have purchased smtp services and want mercury mail to use that smtp to send mails. Thanks. Samir Cybersurf (India) [POSTED TO comp.mail.pegasus-mail.ms-windows - REPLY ON USENET PLEASE] In <fc389f33.0408060513.55cac989@posting.google.com> on 6 Aug 2004 06:13:37 -0700, samir@cybersurfindia.com (yaaru) wrote: >[SNIP] Per the newsgroup charters, please post Mercury questions in comp.mail.pegasus-mail.misc -- Best regards, John Navas <http://navasgrp.home.att.net/> WinPMail helpers (PGP/URLPROXY/NsProto/AdrCSV) available on my Home Page ...

Can't send mail using Mail.app, but can with Thunderbird
Hello, I am having one heck of a time, and it's killing me. I am new to the world of OS X but am adapting well, with one exception - Mail. Here's the deal. Using Thunderbird, I can send mail out with password authentication. I can send it via port 25 normally or via port 465 via SSL. I can also telnet to port 25 and see the standard email connection, and I can even fake it out using the proper sequence of commands. I can telnet to port 465, although since that's SSL I can't easily fake key negotiation or anything like that - but, it does establish a connection. However, Mai...

Want mercury mail server to send mails using user defined smtp
How do I setup mercury mail server to use some other smtp to deliver mails. Background: My ISPs IP addresses (set of ips) are registered as spam sending and hence all mails sent using this ip bounces back. So I have purchased smtp services and want mercury mail to use that smtp to send mails. Thanks. Samir Cybersurf (India) yaaru wrote: > I have purchased smtp services and want mercury mail to use that > smtp to send mails. > Use the MercuryC SMTP Relay Client Module. -- Regards, Guy <URL:http://guysalias.batcave.net/pgpkeys.txt> [Updated: 4/29/2004] ...

Mail refuses to get mail
2 weeks ago I noticed that Mail.app didn't get the mail from 1 of my 2 IMAP accounts (set to collect mail every 5 minutes). The other account, on the same server continued working normally. The problem was solved after a reboot. Yesterday the other account was stuck in the same way. This time a relaunch of Mail.app sufficed. Strange and nasty problem. Anyone experiencing similar problems? Any permanent solutions except switching to another e-mail client? (I am considering Thunderbird now). System: Intel iMac, 24", 2.8 GHz, 4 Gb RAM Snow Leopard 10.6.1 Mail 4.1 -- Zala zala(a...

sending mail otherthan mail()
Hello everyone, My server admin has blocked the mail() due to some spam problems. I need to send emails using php. Can anyone guide me to the best method of sending emails using php without using mail(). If there is any tweak to be done at the server level I will be able to convince the admin. The server has linux Enterprice edition 3 with php 4.3.11 and cpanel/whm. Please guide me to the method and i will be able to collect other information about it from google. Thanks Jaunty Edward smilesinblues@gmail.com wrote: > My server admin has blocked the mail() due to some spam problems. I > need to send emails using php. Can anyone guide me to the best method > of sending emails using php without using mail(). So getting an alternative to mail() will simply circumvent the "antispam fix". On unix, mail() is nothing more than a wrapper to a local sendmail program, on win32 it's a wrapper that communicates to a smtp daemon. So either you can do yourself (exec()/sockets) or use on of the classes to be found on the usual sites (phpclasses/hostscritps)... Thank daniel, are you saying that if i will use classes like libmail. I will be able to send emails using php. I don't know what the server admin is going to do with the spam problem. But will I be able to send emails using classes. Thanks once again. Jaunty smilesinblues@gmail.com wrote: > are you saying that if i will use classes like libmail. I will be able > to send emails using php....

How to send mail using php script on Windows XP?

How to send email using the mail function on Windows XP?
Hi I am using the mail function to send a mail like this: $b = mail("my_real_email_address@gmail.com", "Hello from PHP", "Hi, finally sent an email successfully"); But it failed. Could you guide me to get it work? Regards Warren Warren Tang escribi�: > I am using the mail function to send a mail like this: > > $b = mail("my_real_email_address@gmail.com", "Hello from PHP", > "Hi, finally sent an email successfully"); > > But it failed. Could you guide me to get it work? Find these lines in your php.ini file: [mail function] ; For Win32 only. SMTP = localhost smtp_port = 25 ; For Win32 only. ;sendmail_from = me@example.com You need to install/enable a local mail server (I believe some versions of Windows XP have one) or replace "localhost" with the address of an external mail server that would accept mail from your machine (perhaps your ISP's server). -- -- http://alvaro.es - �lvaro G. Vicario - Burgos, Spain -- Mi sitio sobre programaci�n web: http://bits.demogracia.com -- Mi web de humor al ba�o Mar�a: http://www.demogracia.com -- Warren Tang wrote: > > Hi > > I am using the mail function to send a mail like this: > > $b = mail("my_real_email_address@gmail.com", "Hello from PHP", > "Hi, finally sent an email successfully"); > > But it failed. Could you guide me to get it work? &g...

mail::sendmail (SOMETIMES) get "bad file descriptor" error when mail not local
I have a leased Linux box that I installed mail::Sendmail on using CPAN I'm using a perl script to send mail. I have a domain on that server and I get my personel email at that address. The script works fine when I am using my own email address as the recipient, but when I try to send to any other domain I get, for example, "sendmail failure sending to somebody@otherdomain.org Bad file descriptor" I don't have this problem with by Linux box at home and I thought I configured it the same way. (I just let CPAN do it's thing) I noticed that there is a soft link to qmail on the remote server, but it was my understanding that mail::Sendmail is independant of other mail programs. Is there some configuration file I can change to solve this problem? Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Dave Dave Roberts wrote: > I have a leased Linux box that I installed mail::Sendmail on using > CPAN > > I'm using a perl script to send mail. I have a domain on that server > and I get my personel email at that address. > > The script works fine when I am using my own email address as the > recipient, but when I try to send to any other domain I get, for > example, > > "sendmail failure sending to somebody@otherdomain.org Bad file > descriptor" > > > I don't have this problem with by Linux box at home and I thought I > configured it the same way. (I just let CPAN do it's thing) > > I not...

Web resources about - i am getting error while sending mail using mail() function - comp.lang.php

Talk:Trigonometric functions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is within the scope of WikiProject Mathematics , a collaborative effort to improve the coverage of Mathematics on Wikipedia. If ...

Eating chocolate 'improves brain function' - study
... news for those with a sweet tooth - a recent study has found that regular chocolate consumption is associated with better cognitive function. ...

Using Functions to Make Better Abstractions
... (code that is tightly coupled to its own implementation details). I was wrong. I was wrong because I had an incomplete understanding of functions. ...

Cisco launches new network functions virtualization infrastructure solution to help service providers ...
Al-Bawaba Cisco launches new network functions virtualization infrastructure solution to help service providers run network ... Al-Bawaba ...

Google Maps for iOS adds detour function, 3D touch support
Google has extended its pit-stop feature the ability to find places to stop off on journeys to iPhone and iPad users with the release of Google ...

LVMH's Hublot May Be Next Brand for Smart Functions, Biver Says
Hublot will probably be the next LVMH watch brand to add smart functions, following TAG Heuer’s footsteps in combining Swiss craftsmanship and ...

Yahoo Begins Grim Job of Closing Functions, Laying Off Staff
Yahoo Food is closing, and other digital magazines on tech, travel and beauty are also scheduled for closing or major cutbacks.

Compliance Risk Study Shows Compliance Function Needs New Initiatives to Protect Its Hard-Won Gains
Financial institutions’ compliance functions have come a long way, but they still have some distance to travel before they reach the right strategic ...

A 3D Printed Jet Engine Appears to Function
... jet engine . You may remember seeing a 3D printed jet engine grace our front page back in October. That one was beautiful didn’t function . ...

‘World Of Warcraft’ Alpha Removes Gold From Garrison Missions, Water Striders No Longer Function Everywhere ...
... build deploying soon to the alpha server, garrison missions no longer reward gold and the water-walking Water Strider mounts no longer function ...