I can't understand why the code doesn't seems to function very well

can you help me please because I can't understand why the code doesn't seems
to function very well:

in onkeypress it must verify if insert number or string value in the fiels,
but it doesn't seems to function very well
(in frontpage it works but here it doesn't)

PROGRAMMA IN FRONTPAGE

<form method="get" name="f">
numerico<input type="text" name="t1" onkeypress="return
numeralsOnly(event)"/><br/>

stringa <input type="text" name="t2" onkeypress="return
lettersOnly(event)"/><br/>

PROGRAMMA IN PHP

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 //EN">
<head>
       <title>Title here!</title>
</head>
<script type="text/javascript">

function numeralsOnly(evt)
{
  evt = (evt) ? evt : event;
  var charCode = (evt.charCode) ? evt.charCode : ((evt.keyCode) ?
evt.keyCode : ((evt.which) ? evt.which : 0));
  if (charCode > 31 && (charCode < 48 || charCode > 57))
 {
   alert("Puoi inserire solo numeri!");
    return false;
  }
 return true;
}

function lettersOnly(evt)
{
  evt = (evt) ? evt : event;
  var charCode = (evt.charCode) ? evt.charCode : ((evt.keyCode) ?
evt.keyCode : ((evt.which) ? evt.which : 0));
  if (charCode > 31 && (charCode < 65 || charCode > 90) && (charCode < 97 ||
charCode > 122))
 {
    alert("Puoi inserire solo lettere!");
    return false;
  }
  return true;
}
</script>

<?php
----
//      INSERISCE UN CAMPO DI EDIT (CAMBIA COLORE AL SUO SFONDO QUANDO HA IL
FOCUS)
//   InsertEditField("digita il tuo Nome","Nome","prova","60",10);
----
function InsertEditField($DataType,$FieldName)
{
 if ($DataType='integer')
  echo "<input type='TEXT' name='$FieldName' onkeypress='return
numeralsOnly(event)'>";
  else
 if ($DataType='string')
  echo "<input type='TEXT' name='$FieldName' onkeypress='return
lettersOnly(event)'>";
}

function Prova($Host,$User,$Password,$DBName,$TableName)
{
 $Query="select * from $TableName";

 //SI CONNETTE AD UNA TABELLA IN MY SQL
 $Connessione=mysql_connect($Host,$User,$Password);

 //SELEZIONA UN DATABASE IN MY SQL
 mysql_select_db($DBName,$Connessione);

 //CREA UNA QUERY SU UNA TABELLA DI UN DATABASE IN MY SQL
 $result=mysql_query($Query);

 //ottiene l'elenco dei campi
 $campi = mysql_list_fields($DBName,$TableName,$Connessione);

 //ottiene il totale dei campi
 $colonne = mysql_num_fields($campi);

 //creo la form
 echo "<form>";

 for ($i=0; $i<$colonne; $i++)
 {
  $TipoCampo=mysql_field_type($campi, $i);

  if ($TipoCampo='int')
   InsertEditField("integer","Campo $i");
  else
  if ($TipoCampo='string')
   InsertEditField("string","Campo $i");
 }

 //chiudo il tag della form
 echo "<input type='submit' value='Invia'>";
 echo "<input type='reset' value='Annulla'>";
 echo "</form>";
}

  Prova('localhost','utente','password','db','tabella');
?>

"SAN CAZIANO1" wrote:
> [...]
 >
 >  //ottiene l'elenco dei campi
 >  $campi = mysql_list_fields($DBName,$TableName,$Connessione);
 >
 >  //ottiene il totale dei campi
 >  $colonne = mysql_num_fields($campi);
 >
 >  //creo la form
 >  echo "&lt;form&gt;";
 >
 >  for ($i=0; $i&lt;$colonne; $i++)
 >  {
 >   $TipoCampo=mysql_field_type($campi, $i);
 >
 >   if ($TipoCampo='int')
 >    InsertEditField("integer","Campo $i");
 >   else
 >   if ($TipoCampo='string')
 >    InsertEditField("string","Campo $i");
 >  }
 >
 >  //chiudo il tag della form
 >  echo "&lt;input type='submit' value='Invia'&gt;";
 >  echo "&lt;input type='reset' value='Annulla'&gt;";
 >  echo "&lt;/form&gt;";
 > }
 >
 >   Prova('localhost','utente','password','db','tabella');

Suggest you put it through a PHP debugger. There are many free and
paid debuggers.  I used zend (paid, but very nice).

--
http://www.dbForumz.com/  This article was posted by author's request
Topic URL: http://www.dbForumz.com/PHP-understand-code-function-ftopict157032.html
SAN CAZIANO wrote:
> can you help me please because I can't understand why the code doesn't seems
> to function very well:
>
> in onkeypress it must verify if insert number or string value in the fiels,
> but it doesn't seems to function very well
> (in frontpage it works but here it doesn't)
>
> PROGRAMMA IN FRONTPAGE
>
> <form method="get" name="f">
> numerico<input type="text" name="t1" onkeypress="return
> numeralsOnly(event)"/><br/>
>
> stringa <input type="text" name="t2" onkeypress="return
> lettersOnly(event)"/><br/>

You seem to be confusing Javascript and PHP -
Javascript is *client*-side while PHP is *server*-side.

Assuming that PROGRAMMA IN FRONTPAGE and PROGRAMMA IN PHP are seperate
files, your PHP program will not be aware of any data until the form is
submitted to the server, therefore your validation needs to be done in
the browser.

Regards,

Andy

can't get the $_GET['id'] after the header is sent but page doesn't redirect
In the first if, the page is displayed without any company cars selected. If there is a company selected, then the id value is posted and captured by the redirect (1st elseif). Then one of two things can happen. The final else the selected company/id cars get displayed in the browser, or in the case of a post to a form for excel, the a header gets sent to the to the current_sightingsXL.php page. The current_sightingsXL.php and current_sightings.php pages test out. The second elseif works with one minor problem. I have to type in the url with the id to get it to download to excel. if{XXXX }elseif($_POST['redirect']&&$_POST['redirect']!=$_SERVER['PHP_SELF']){ Header("Location: ".$_POST['redirect'].".php?id=".$_POST['id']); exit; }elseif($_POST['assign']=='Open in Excel'){ Header("Location: current_sightingsXL.php?id=".$_GET:['id']); exit; }else{ xxxxx}; When the first elseif gets hit then this happens in the url: http://www.allcapitalrail.com/current_sightings.php?id=117 Then if I post the button to excel, this should happen but it doesn't: www.allcapitalrailXL.com?id=117 However, if I type the above line in the url then the excel download works. What happens is when I click the excel post button the get id doens't get into the url. I get www.allcapitalrail.com which starts over. But at this point if I type in the www.allcapitalrail.com/...

Can't seem to create a simple pattern matching function due to character than won't allow me to escape it.
Hi everyone. I am looking to create a simple function that will spot a hexcolor in a font tag, that has quotes, and remove the quotes. i.e <font color="ffffff"> should become <font color=ffffff>. Perhaps I am making it more complex than it needs to be, but I have broken down the input string into an array of single characters using preg_split(), and I am iterating through the chars, looking for a quote followed by a hash. The problem appear to be with the hash. Although it prints out fine, not amount of escaping the hash seems to allow me to match it. Instead preg_match() match spaces (obviously because the veriable I am using to store the '#', is not storing it properly. Please could someone put me out of my misery by either hinting towards a simpler way to do it, or just shooting me? I am sure there are at least 100 different ways of using regex to achieve what I want, but I can't think how. Perhaps I am just looking at the wrong functions? Many thanks. Daz. Daz wrote: > Hi everyone. I am looking to create a simple function that will spot a > hexcolor in a font tag, that has quotes, and remove the quotes. i.e > <font color="ffffff"> should become <font color=ffffff>. > > Perhaps I am making it more complex than it needs to be, but I have > broken down the input string into an array of single characters using > preg_split(), and I am iterating through the chars, looking for a quote > follo...

Can't understand why this won't compile
The problem code: // line 0 template <class T, T* (T::*C)(void) const> class cc { }; // line 6 class e { public: virtual e *clone(void) const; cc<e,&clone> ee(void) const; }; This code causes problems with both Visual C++ 7 (2003) and g++ 2.96. With VC, I get the following error message: c:\Documents and Settings\CJ\My Documents\Projects\Project Grapher\Source Code\Expression.cpp(22): fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR (compiler file 'msc1.cpp', line 2701) Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++ Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information In g++, I get two different results. Whith the code above, I get the following: test.cpp:12: invalid use of undefined type `class e' test.cpp:8: forward declaration of `class e' test.cpp:12: template argument 2 is invalid test.cpp:12: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `ee' with no type When using &e::clone instead of &clone, g++ reports: test.cpp:12: Internal error: Segmentation fault. (with the same change, VC still has an internal compiler error) Unless, for some reason, I really can't use e from within e (which I know can't be right), I can't see the reason for these error messages. Anyone know what's going on? Should this code not compile anyway? Thanks for you time -CJ contact: http://stude...

I don't work for IBM and I don't make promises I can't deliver on
I wish I could afford an advertising campaign to compete with what they have on the Internet now. I promise to go totally ballistic at the next LLLNL contract. Robert. On 8/12/2011 11:24 PM, Robert Myers wrote: > I wish I could afford an advertising campaign to compete with what they > have on the Internet now. > > I promise to go totally ballistic at the next LLLNL contract. > > Robert. I don't work for IBM (anymore) either. If you are talking about the death of Blue Waters, I don't believe they said they couldn't deliver. They said they chose not to because they would lose a bunch of money on the project since it turned out to cost a lot more than the initial guess. And I guess Ben chose not to print some more to pay for it. On Aug 24, 11:17=A0pm, Del Cecchi <delcec...@gmail.com> wrote: > On 8/12/2011 11:24 PM, Robert Myers wrote: > > > I wish I could afford an advertising campaign to compete with what they > > have on the Internet now. > > > I promise to go totally ballistic at the next LLLNL contract. > > > Robert. > > I don't work for IBM (anymore) either. =A0If you are talking about the > death of Blue Waters, I don't believe they said they couldn't deliver. > They said they chose not to because they would lose a bunch of money on > the project since it turned out to cost a lot more than the initial guess= .. > > And I guess Ben chose not to print some mor...

Code doesn't produce anything on screen
Hi Friends! I have got the following code for converting Fahreignheit to Celsius, which writes the output to a file called fout and then prints the output from that file. It is compiled without producing any error, and when I try to run it do not get any error also, but it doesn't write anything on the screen either. When we take the output directly from the code (without writing it on a file and reading from there) it works excellently, but when we take the first route the above is the scene. Can somebody help tell me where is the problem and what is the solution if I want to read the ...

Can't Forward
Using Lotus Notes 6, I'm getting an error message whenever I try to forward a message. This is only 1 of 5 installations that this is occuring on. Any ideas? The error message simply states, "Body Field Does Not Exist" os similar wording. Thanks in advance.... Jenny Normally an error when you forward but otherwise is OK is caused by the mail fiel reference in the User's location document being wrong. eg: mail\bill.nsf instead of mail\BillGates.nsf The error you recall may well be different though. John Aylmer "Jennk" <jennnk40@hotma...

Can't figure out why this GPX-file doesn't validate...

I don't get why '>' doesn't get printed in the following example
When I do a here-document, the '>' character shows up to indicate the start of a newline. [cdalten@localhost ~]$ cat << EOF > My current directory is dir $PWD > EOF My current directory is dir /home/cdalten [cdalten@localhost ~]$ What prevents the '>' characters from showing up in the final output? On Jul 3, 10:35 am, Chad <cdal...@gmail.com> wrote: > When I do a here-document, the '>' character shows up to indicate the > start of a newline. > > [cdalten@localhost ~]$ cat << EOF> My current directory is dir $PWD > &...

ODBC doesn't support stored procedures? This can't be true
In Chip Irek's "A PRIMER ON USING DB2 WITH .NET" (www.15seconds.com), he states that "...ODBC doesn't support DB2 stored procedures. So if you are building an application heavily dependant on stored procedures, you need to eliminate ODBC as your access method and consider OleDb or the managed provider." Mr Irek is an IBM Architect with Global Services and according to the article, someone with .NET experience. Now, I'd ask Mr Irek this question myself, but my email comes back undeliverable. Does he mean this for just for .NET applications? This ca...

S-function 'MCK3' in 'test_dynamics1/Numerical Model1' has continuous states, but doesn't have a mdlDerivatives routine.
Dear All, When trying to simulate simulink model that contains an S-Function ...I get the following error message: S-function 'filename.c' has continuous states, but doesn't have a mdlDerivatives routine. Also, compiling the s-function I do not get a .dll file but .mexw32 file does this mean that it has nto been compiled? Thanks ...

PHP code stops after an AJAX function because of IE and drop down list function doesn't get called

Can't cd , can't use wildcard
Hi , I am running Windows 2000 service pack 4.Whenever I try to "cd" into some of the directories(which exist), I get an "Invalid directory". I can use to get into few of the directories(using cd) but for other it just says "Invalid directory". Moreover, I can't use any wildcard characters..(*, ? etc) at all.. Any idea what is wrong? Thanks Arun On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 17:13:52 GMT, Arun Goel <arun.goel@sbcglobal.net> wrote the following to comp.os.msdos.misc: > Hi , > > I am running Windows 2000 service pack 4.Whene...

M$ can't create an OS that doesn't get sick from viruses
Read and weep Win### http://www.slashgear.com/microsoft-testing-fix-for-windows-phone-sms-bug-desktop-software-not-immune-29204989/ ...

py2exe service doesn't work, can't connect to service controller ?
I'm trying to get a simple service to work with py2exe and python 2.3 I get this error when I start it (after registering it) The description for Event ID ( 240 ) in Source ( UMXWIN32SVC ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: 1063, The service process could not connect to the service controller.. I then tried the sample MyService and I get the same problem. After building it, I then register it then try to start it, but it f...

can't find port;error 630-MS doesn't know
I have ll xps t-800 with a modem card, purchased second hand, no docs. I get "cannot open port" at the diagnostics tab in win98 I get "error 630" when trying to dial out on new DUN. Modem not responding. Debug at d40:0 shows only port 1 following w98 help instructions as far as I understand them. Yet device manager and system info clearly shows the standard 56K modem at com5 Interrupt 10. Trying to send echo atdt and other commands in dos yields nothing. How do I get this modem to wake up. My laptop give essentially the same output in debug a...

Don't understand: when('foo' and/or 'bar')
Would someone be so kind to explain the following (quotes are for win32 perl): perl -E" $u='foo'; given($u){ when('foo' and 'bar'){say 'f'} default{say 'd'} } " d perl -E" $u='bar'; given($u){ when('foo' and 'bar'){say 'f'} default{say 'd'} } " f perl -E" $u='baz'; given($u){ when('foo' and 'bar'){say 'f'} default{say 'd'} } " d perl -E" $u='foo'; given($u){ when('foo' or 'bar'){say 'f'} default{...

Can't clean. Says it's printing. It isn't.
I'm trying to clean cartridge heads in an HP660C printer that has been unused for some time. I printed one test page which showed streaks. No other jobs had been set up for printing nor were being printed. When I went to the services page and tried to clean the heads it kept coming up with a message that I can't because the printer is printing. It wasn't. I tried "purge print documents", and turning the printer off and on again. Still wouldn't clean. Thanks for any suggestions. I really need to get some letters printed soon. "Martin" <marty123@optonline.net> wrote in message news:sDY7d.28771$kq6.18831495@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net... > I'm trying to clean cartridge heads in an HP660C printer that has been > unused for some time. I printed one test page which showed streaks. No > other jobs had been set up for printing nor were being printed. When I went > to the services page and tried to clean the heads it kept coming up with a > message that I can't because the printer is printing. It wasn't. > > I tried "purge print documents", and turning the printer off and on again. > Still wouldn't clean. > > Thanks for any suggestions. I really need to get some letters printed > soon. > Removed and reinstalled cartridges. Problem solved. Not sure why. ...

i can't find any error in my vi but it just doesn't work please help
I'm trying to control a robot named cs-113 and I find someone has already achieved this. He wrote a vi called robot cs-113.vi and I just tried to write a same one but&nbsp;it just doesn't work. Can anyone tell me why it doesn't work? Thanks for your help! robot-cs113.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/198418/1/robot-cs113.vi cs-113 test.vi: http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/198418/2/cs-113 test.vi ...

if lisp can add any feature, then why doesn't it get used? I don't get it..
I really don't and for some odd reason I have this fascination with forth lisp smalltalk io haskell aggghhh!! On 2008-09-06 11:46:32 +0100, gavino <gavcomedy@gmail.com> said: > I really don't > > and for some odd reason I have this fascination with forth lisp > smalltalk io haskell > > aggghhh!! Isn't the answer *precisely* in your asking the question? Lisp is not used by "people who don't get it". Not because those that do are any smarter or born geniuses, but surely *because* they decided to put in *the effort* to learn and see "...

I sell various items for Amiga on EBAY, if you don't agree don't read and don't break my balls, understand mr. user?
See on this link: http://search.ebay.it/_W0QQsassZmousemikiQQhtZ-1 P.s. not all items are for Amiga, simple don't see others! ...

Mail merge doesn't mail and/or doesn't merge
Mail merge doesn't mail and/or doesn't merge With me at least it doesn't. We are getting too many false positives on our bcc-mailing lists, so I decided to give the mail merge feature in PM 4.41 a go. The goal was to simultaneously send messages addressed to multiple recipients. I made a csv file containing nine of my own addresses in a column called ~kemail~, made this the data file, checked the box for the first field to be the fieldname and sent the email with the string ~kemail~ in the address box. I also attached a pdf file. PM reported a successful transaction, b...

Maple9 Can't run, can't re-install
-I installed the maple-9 on laptop without any problem. But when I run it, nothing happens. -I tried to uninstall it with start->settings->control panel->add/remove program->maple9, the "add/remove program" freeze (for long--------). All other programs still work at that time (computer is not froozen). -I tried to shut down the computer, it needs to 'end' the 'un-installation' -I tried to re-install the maple9 from the original CD, nothing happens. -With 'autorun', it runs a few seconds and nothing happens. -Tried to installed it ...

why function 'mesh' can't be used when array is large
when the array length exceeds 20,function 'mesh' can't plot the array. Mesh function requires a 2-d array. I usually use mesh function to plot array 2048 X 2048. liw wrote: > when the array length exceeds 20,function 'mesh' can't plot the array. I suspect you're running into an issue with OpenGL. Read this: http://www.mathworks.com/support/tech-notes/1200/1201.shtml -- Steve Lord slord@mathworks.com Steven Lord wrote: > > > liw wrote: >> when the array length exceeds 20,function 'mesh' can't plot the > array. > > I...

Can't Use Linux Anymore, It Doesn't Jerk Around Enough Like Spastic Monkeys
Why the heck doesn't this Linux installation flash on an off and jerk all over the screen, thus properly attracting my attention? I like a little interreaction from my programs. Plus it's running on only 256K Ram. What's with that? More (waaaaaaaay more) is better, Right? I'm feeling resource starved here. Those windows bozos are having all the ram MASS fun. This sucks. On 2007-08-18, flyer <flyer@there.net> wrote: > > Why the heck doesn't this Linux installation flash on an off and jerk all over the screen, thus properly attracting my attention? > &g...

Web resources about - I can't understand why the code doesn't seems to function very well - comp.lang.php