IIS6/FastCGI/PHP 5.2.6 to 5.2.9 upgrade loses MSSQL

I have a client who has two web servers running Windows Server 2003
with IIS6, on which I installed FastCGI and PHP 5.2.6 last summer,
so that I could write in PHP instead of ASP.

The PHP pages use the mssql extension to talk to an external SQL Server.

This is all working fine.

Today I tried to upgrade PHP on one of them from 5.2.6 to 5.2.9, using
the nts msi installation file from php.net.

The upgrade went easily, although I had to re-add the .php extension
in the IIS configuration.

However, I then discovered that the mssql module would no longer load.
The PHP log file said php_mssql.dll couldn't be loaded with error
Unknown (0). The dll was definitely there and in the correct place.

After failing to discover why, I reverted to 5.2.6 and it all worked
again.

So my question is: what does 5.2.9 want that is different from 5.2.6
in this environment?

Thanks in advance
Tony

--
Tony Mountifield
Work: tony@softins.co.uk - http://www.softins.co.uk

Tony Mountifield wrote:
> I have a client who has two web servers running Windows Server 2003
> with IIS6, on which I installed FastCGI and PHP 5.2.6 last summer,
> so that I could write in PHP instead of ASP.
>
> The PHP pages use the mssql extension to talk to an external SQL Server.
>
> This is all working fine.
>
> Today I tried to upgrade PHP on one of them from 5.2.6 to 5.2.9, using
> the nts msi installation file from php.net.
>
> The upgrade went easily, although I had to re-add the .php extension
> in the IIS configuration.
>
> However, I then discovered that the mssql module would no longer load.
> The PHP log file said php_mssql.dll couldn't be loaded with error
> Unknown (0). The dll was definitely there and in the correct place.
>
> After failing to discover why, I reverted to 5.2.6 and it all worked
> again.
>
> So my question is: what does 5.2.9 want that is different from 5.2.6
> in this environment?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Tony

The msi file doesn't include all extensions.  You might be looking at an
older copy of the php_mssql.dll file. Best is to install from the zip
file - which does.

I would recommend you

1) back up your current php directory
2) download the zip version and install over your current php
installation - it makes sure you have all the latest files
3) verify your php.ini hasn't been overlaid - if it has, correct taht
4) stop and restart IIS

See if this works.

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address

> So my question is: what does 5.2.9 want that is different from 5.2.6
> in this environment?

Have you looked at the changelog?  There is something about mssql there,
[http://php.net/ChangeLog-5.php] but I am not sure it applies to you,
also there is a message in an IIS forum that might apply to you
[http://forums.iis.net/p/1156341/1898386.aspx]

--
Adrienne Boswell at Home
Arbpen Web Site Design Services

arbpen454 (114)
4/1/2009 2:23:08 AM
In article <gqula0$3sr$5@news.motzarella.org>,
Jerry Stuckle  <jstucklex@attglobal.net> wrote:
> Tony Mountifield wrote:
> > Today I tried to upgrade PHP on one of them from 5.2.6 to 5.2.9, using
> > the nts msi installation file from php.net.
> >
> > The upgrade went easily, although I had to re-add the .php extension
> > in the IIS configuration.
> >
> > However, I then discovered that the mssql module would no longer load.
> > The PHP log file said php_mssql.dll couldn't be loaded with error
> > Unknown (0). The dll was definitely there and in the correct place.
> >
> > After failing to discover why, I reverted to 5.2.6 and it all worked
> > again.
> >
> > So my question is: what does 5.2.9 want that is different from 5.2.6
> > in this environment?
>
> The msi file doesn't include all extensions.  You might be looking at an
> older copy of the php_mssql.dll file. Best is to install from the zip
> file - which does.

I checked that. The php_mssql.dll file did indeed get updated. Its timestamp
was the same as all the other new files that got installed.

I suspect that 5.2.9 requires a newer external DLL or something, but I would
like to find out definitively rather than just by experimentation!

> I would recommend you
>
> 1) back up your current php directory
> 2) download the zip version and install over your current php
> installation - it makes sure you have all the latest files
> 3) verify your php.ini hasn't been overlaid - if it has, correct taht
> 4) stop and restart IIS
>
> See if this works.

Thanks. I'm not sure that would solve it, based on experience so far,
but I'll have a go if I can't solve it.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield
Work: tony@softins.co.uk - http://www.softins.co.uk
Play: tony@mountifield.org - http://tony.mountifield.org
0
tony6943 (43)
4/1/2009 6:50:13 AM
Tony Mountifield wrote:
> I checked that. The php_mssql.dll file did indeed get updated. Its timestamp
> was the same as all the other new files that got installed.
>
> I suspect that 5.2.9 requires a newer external DLL or something, but I would
> like to find out definitively rather than just by experimentation!

You could try a Tool to check the dlls dependencys.

I used this once some time ago:
http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Heiko
--
http://portal.richler.de/ Namensportal zu Richler
http://www.richler.de/    Heiko Richler: Computer - Know How!
Adrienne Boswell  <arbpen@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed tony@softins.clara.co.uk (Tony
> Mountifield) writing in news:gqu4km$j7f$1@softins.clara.co.uk:
>
> > So my question is: what does 5.2.9 want that is different from 5.2.6
> > in this environment?
> >

> Have you looked at the changelog?  There is something about mssql there,
> [http://php.net/ChangeLog-5.php] but I am not sure it applies to you,
> also there is a message in an IIS forum that might apply to you
> [http://forums.iis.net/p/1156341/1898386.aspx]

Thanks for the pointers. I had looked for a Changelog on php.net without
success. However, reading through the entries for 5.2.7, 5.2.8 and 5.2.9
doesn't give any clues. I suspect it is more a build dependency issue
than a functional change.

Who is the maintainer of the Windows build that I could ask?

The forum thread is interesting, but only applies to SQL Server 2005/2008.
I need to use the legacy driver in order to talk to SQL Server 2000.

I wonder if there are any utilities that can read a DLL and indicate what
its dependencies are, including versions numbers...

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield
Work: tony@softins.co.uk - http://www.softins.co.uk
Play: tony@mountifield.org - http://tony.mountifield.org
0
tony6943 (43)
4/1/2009 9:21:22 AM
In article <gqv4n0$186$1@news1.nefonline.de>,
Heiko Richler  <heiko-richler@nefkom.net> wrote:
> Tony Mountifield wrote:
> > I checked that. The php_mssql.dll file did indeed get updated. Its timestamp
> > was the same as all the other new files that got installed.
> >
> > I suspect that 5.2.9 requires a newer external DLL or something, but I would
> > like to find out definitively rather than just by experimentation!
>
> You could try a Tool to check the dlls dependencys.
>
> I used this once some time ago:
> http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Cool, thanks. I just saw this message after posting just such a question!

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield
Work: tony@softins.co.uk - http://www.softins.co.uk
Play: tony@mountifield.org - http://tony.mountifield.org
0
tony6943 (43)

Install of APACHE 2.5.9 and PHP 5.2.3
Hello, I install the apache server in my Red Hat Linux with ssl support (using openssl 0.9.8) In this step my Apache server started without any problem After this i install php 5.2.3 and i Had this : /etc/init.d/httpd start Syntax error on line 37 of /usr/lib/httpd/modules/httpd.conf: Cannot load /php/libphp5.so into server: /php/libphp5.so: undefined symbol: EVP_CIPHER_CTX_block_size A problem occured, preventing Apache to start Please any one can help me thank's On 12 Jun, 16:06, baroudi <baroudi.abdelmou...@gmail.com> wrote: > > /etc/init.d/http...

Unable to load dynamic link library php_mysql.dll
Hello, I am attempting to perform a PHP installation on an Apache 2.2.6 web server instance that is loaded on a Windows 2003 server operating system (R2 SP2). I have a third party application that will reside within the Apache instance that requires PHP 5.2.6 loaded with MySql support. The installation of PHP succedded without incident (it was done manually) and I can run phpinfo() to get information about the installation. However, when attempting to load the php_mysql.dll extension I recieve the following error message: ------------- PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\\php\\ext\\php_mysql.dll' - The specified module could not be found.\r\n in Unknown on line 0 ------------- I have verified the following: 1. That I have set up the php.ini file (which resides in C:\php. Specifically, I have set up the following as it regards to loading the php_mysql.dll extension - Set up the extension_dir variable: extension_dir = "C:\php\ext\" - Uncommented the line that relates to the php_mysql.dll file" extension=php_mysql.dll 2. That I have set up the http.conf file for Apache: - The following lines were added: LoadModule php5_module "C:/php/php5apache2_2.dll" PHPIniDir "C:/php" AddType application/x-httpd-php .php .php3 .htm .html AddType application/x-httpd-php-source .phps Is there anything else that I need to do? Thanks for yo...

Help Needed: Upgrade Fedora 4 / Apache 2 to PHP 5.2.x from 5.0.4
Help Needed: Upgrade Fedora 4 / Apache 2 to PHP 5.2.x from 5.0.4 I've been testing Joomla as a content manager for the County offices, and it looks pretty good. Unfortunately, I decided to upgrade it from the 1.0.13 version to 1.5 as we get ready to go live with the web site... and the update installation gives an error in XML processing, which seems (from what I've been able to dredge up in forum discussions) to stem from a known bug in PHP 5.0.4... I've seen this same error from a couple of other programs that want to upload XML data to PHP based server software, too, so I'...

PHP 5.2.0 and Python 2.5
Hi Guys, I need some wisdom from you. Is it possible to have PHP pages posting to python scripts on the server side and returning values back to the calling PHP files? Like, if my enterval.php form's action=" think.py", would the two scripts be able to talk to each other? Thanks and Best Regards, "Shortash" Shortash wrote: > Hi Guys, > > I need some wisdom from you. Is it possible to have PHP pages posting > to python scripts on the server side and returning values back to the > calling PHP files? Like, if my enterval.php form's action=" t...

Re: 5.5 to 6.5 upgrade #2
One very important step to take is to verify that the subsystem tape contains all of the subsystems you currently have on your system. What can occur is that you purchased a new subsystem (100BT, Mirror/IX or others) after the subsystem tape was made or that you never added the purchased product to your support contract, so it was never included on the subsystem tape. There is little worse that doing an OS update and you find out that the 100Tt network(or other critical items) now does not work as the drivers were not on the tape you updated from. Ed Stouder Beechglen Developme...

Please Reproduce: PHP 5.2 -> 5.3 Windows Apache2.2 crash
Hi, Recently moved from 5.2 to 5.3. Now Apache will crash on loading pretty much all my pages with this in the error report; szAppName : httpd.exe szAppVer : 2.2.14.0 szModName : php5ts.dll szModVer : 5.3.1.0 offset : 0000c266 Eventually found out how it happens. If I pass to a function an undefined variable as per example; function testing($var1,$var2){ return 1; } echo testing($undefined1,$undefined2); It will crash. No error in Apache log, no error in PHP log. If I define $undefined2 before calling testing() then it won't crash. Whether I define $undefined1 or not (strangely, if not strange enough already) doesn't make any difference, only causes a crash on the second or higher variable in the function definition. Whether or not I specify $var2 = null or any other value in the function definition; it will still crash if $undefined2 is not previously defined. Looking at the changes between 5.2 and 5.3 ; I assume this problem has spawned from this reported change "The newer internal parameter parsing API has been applied across all the extensions bundled with PHP 5.3.x. This parameter parsing API causes functions to return NULL when passed incompatible parameters. There are some exceptions to this rule, such as the get_class() function, which will continue to return FALSE on error" Now; I'm sure you may say, well that's just bad coding practice, you should always define your variab...

Is Php built in function ' imagecreate()' compatible in Php version 5.2.2 ?
Hi All, I have the php version 5.2.2 . When I am using " $im = imagecreate(......); " I am getting the following message "Fatal error: Call to undefined function imagecreate() in C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Apache2.2\htdocs\server.php on line 32" I want to know whether "imagecreate()" is compatible in PHP version 5.2.2.? saikiran.iitkgp@gmail.com wrote: > Hi All, > > I have the php version 5.2.2 . When I am using > > > " $im = imagecreate(......); " I am getting the following message > > > &q...

AIX 5.2/php 5.3.2 'make cli' says it succeeds, but no executable
.... Generating phar.php /bin/sh[14]: /usr/local/SRC/php-5.3.2/sapi/cli/php: not found make: The error code from the last command is 127. # make cli echo '\ \ Target "cli" is up to date. CREDITS config.w32 php_cli_readline.c Makefile.frag php.1 php_cli_readline.h README php.1.in php_cli_readline.lo TODO php_cli.c php_cli_readline.o cli_win32.c php_cli.lo tests config.m4 php_cli.o On Apr 8, 10:50=A0am, tkevans <evanst...@gmail.com> wrot...

Upgrade server from 6.5.2 to 6.5.4
hi everyone, Can someone give me step by step on how to upgrade my domino server from 6.5.2 to 6.5.4. Stop services? save names.nsf, admin4.nst, notes.ini and ID file download 6.5.4 server right over whats already there? restart server? thanks - Download the the update installer from the upgrade site. Get the current v6.5x to v6.5.5 update. - Stop Domino - Run the update installer - Start Domino That's it... MzRegina wrote: > hi everyone, > > Can someone give me step by step on how to upgrade my domino server > from 6.5.2 to 6.5.4. > > S...

KRB5 1.5 or 1.6 compiled on AIX 5.2/5.3 #2
I have seen several emails from different people over the last few months on trying to get KRB5 1.5 or later to compile on AIX 5.x. And no responses that fix the problem. I have had the same problem and can only presume that Kerberos is no longer supported on AIX. Is this the case? No Kerberos on AIX? It just won't compile anymore with the changes to shared libraries. ________________________________________________ Kerberos mailing list Kerberos@mit.edu https://mailman.mit.edu/mailman/listinfo/kerberos >>>>> "Grant," == Grant, Martin <Martin.Grant@fmr.com> writes: Grant,> I have seen several emails from different people over the Grant,> last few months on trying to get KRB5 1.5 or later to Grant,> compile on AIX 5.x. And no responses that fix the Grant,> problem. I have had the same problem and can only presume Grant,> that Kerberos is no longer supported on AIX. Is this the Grant,> case? No Kerberos on AIX? It just won't compile anymore Grant,> with the changes to shared libraries. We no longer run AIX tests. Our donated AIX box was very old and slow, and its disk was in the process of dieing. If there's no one out there in the Kerberos development community who cares enough about AIX to get the betas, test them and send bug fixes, then yes, AIX support is going to be fairly bad. Kerberos is an open-source product; if you want it to work better on your pl...

Apache 2.2.2 and PHP 5.1.4 on Win2k crashing
I just installed Apache 2.2.2 on my Windows 2000 (SP4) machine to test the new version. Everything works except PHP (version 5.1.4): when starting Apache, it pops out a message saying that it is unable to locate the module (even set on the correct path!), stops the execution and exits. On the other side, PHP works fine with Apache 2.0.55, so It's not a problem of a broken build. Got ideas? Thanks. -- Massimo Lombardo unwiredbrain@gmail.com wrote: > I just installed Apache 2.2.2 on my Windows 2000 (SP4) machine to test > the new version. > Everything works except PHP (version ...

freebsd-5.2.1+ php-4.3.9 + gd-2.0.33
Hello there, I am tryin to compile PHP with GD support under FreeBSD-5.2.1: # cd php-4.3.11 # ./configure \ --with-gd=/usr/local/src/gd-2.0.33/ \ --with-png-dir=/usr/local/src/libpng-1.2.8/ \ --with-zlib-dir=/usr/local/src/zlib/ \ --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local/src/jpeg-6b/ .... checking for GD support... yes checking for the location of libpng... /usr/local/src/libpng-1.2.8/ If configure fails try --with-jpeg-dir=<DIR> configure: error: libpng.(a|so) not found. why libpng.(a|so) not found ? # ls -l /usr/local/src/libpng-1.2.8/libpng.a -rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 160448 May 31 12:48 /usr/local/src/libpng-1.2.8/libpng.a What is my mistake? Where to read about correct way to install php + gd + libjpeg + libpng ? Encapsulin wrote: > Hello there, > I am tryin to compile PHP with GD support under FreeBSD-5.2.1: > > # cd php-4.3.11 > # ./configure \ > --with-gd=/usr/local/src/gd-2.0.33/ \ > --with-png-dir=/usr/local/src/libpng-1.2.8/ \ > --with-zlib-dir=/usr/local/src/zlib/ \ > --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local/src/jpeg-6b/ > > ... > checking for GD support... yes > checking for the location of libpng... /usr/local/src/libpng-1.2.8/ > If configure fails try --with-jpeg-dir=<DIR> > configure: error: libpng.(a|so) not found. > > why libpng.(a|so) not found ? > > # ls -l /usr/local/src/libpng-1.2.8/libpng.a > -rw-r--r-- 1 root wheel 160448 May 31 12:48 > /usr/loca...

imagerotate problem with PHP 4.3.9
Recap: Using imagerotate within PHP 4.3.9 - PHP 5.2.0 for both XP and Linux, all using GD2 If you rotate an image 180 degrees, all is fine If you rotate an image > 0 degrees and < 180 degrees, or > 180 degrees and < 360 degrees, while the image will rotate, its dimensions are somehow not refactored and as a result you get a rather annoying black bar in the newly-rotated image, along with part of your image being cropped off. I learned about a possible workaround with ImageMagick's convert command, but has anyone found a better solution (other than using XP's built-in im...

RE: KRB5 1.5 or 1.6 compiled on AIX 5.2/5.3 #2
Exact same errors specifying --without-tcl. I removed the config.cache, config.log, and etc the reran configure. From my configure line - ../configure --prefix=/usr/local/kerberos --enable-dns-for-realm --without-tcl --with-vague-errors Then after make... making all in lib/rpc/unit-test... Target "all" is up to date. cc -I../../../include -I./../../../include -I. -DKRB5_DEPRECATED=1 -DKRB5_PRIVATE=1 -g -qhalt=e -O _THREAD_SAFE -c client.c cc -I../../../include -I./../../../include -I. -DKRB5_DEPRECATED=1 -DKRB5_PRIVATE=1 -g -qhalt=e -O _THREAD_SAFE -c rpc_test_clnt.c cc -L../../../lib -blibpath:/usr/local/kerberos/lib::/usr/lib:/lib -g -qhalt=e -O -D_THREAD_SAFE -o c nt client.o rpc_test_clnt.o -lgssrpc -lgssapi_krb5 -lkrb5 -lk5crypto -lcom_err -lkrb5support -lpthreads ld: 0706-006 Cannot find or open library file: -l k5crypto ld:open(): A file or directory in the path name does not exist. ld: 0706-006 Cannot find or open library file: -l com_err ld:open(): A file or directory in the path name does not exist. ld: 0706-006 Cannot find or open library file: -l krb5support ld:open(): A file or directory in the path name does not exist. make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 255. Stop. make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1. Stop. make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1. Stop. make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1. Stop. Any ot...

[ANN] ACE/TAO 6.2.5/2.2.5 supported with Embarcadero C++ Builder XE6!
Hi, Embarcadero has just released their new XE6 release and we are pleased to announce that ACE/TAO 6.2.5/2.2.5 is supported with this new release out of the box! Remedy IT participated actively in the beta program and made sure that the XE6 bcc32 compiler is supported in debug and release mode as part of ACE/TAO 6.2.5/2.2.5. For an overview of all supported Embarcadero C++ compilers see our website at http://www.theaceorb.nl/en/ace-tao-ciao-dance-prod/support/53-borlandcodegearph Best regards, Johnny Willemsen Remedy IT http://www.theaceorb.nl ...

Newbie, upgrade Octane 2 from 6.5.14m to 6.5.28
Hi, I downloaded the 5 tar files of 6.5.28 from the SupportFolio website. I burn them to ISO9660 CD. I inserted cd 1of3 into the CD-ROM. I read the inst.README file on the cd which says: Open a Web Browser and enter the followin address: file:///CDROM/WhatsNew/yourSystem.html Problem: There is no such file as yourSystem.html. The directory WhatsNew does not either exist. The only directory on this CD is miniroot (to boot from the CD if burn in EFS format, I guess). No better luck by untaring the .tar files on the hard disk. I spend almost 2 days reading forums/website to find the proper way to install 6.5.28. no luck. I'll appreciate any help. Cheers, -- Florian "Tout est au mieux dans le meilleur des mondes possible" Voltaire, caricaturant Leibniz Florian schrieb: > Hi, > > I downloaded the 5 tar files of 6.5.28 from the SupportFolio website. The content of the 5 tar files are used for upgrading systems which are already runing IRIX and not for fresh installation. > I burn them to ISO9660 CD. > I inserted cd 1of3 into the CD-ROM. > I read the inst.README file on the cd which says: > Open a Web Browser and enter the followin address: > file:///CDROM/WhatsNew/yourSystem.html > > Problem: There is no such file as yourSystem.html. The directory > WhatsNew does not either exist. The only directory on this CD is > miniroot (to boot from the CD if burn in EFS format, I guess). > > No better luck by untaring t...

need to upgrade from 9.2.0.4 to 9.2.0.5
Hello, I hope this is an easy question. At any rate I need to upgrade from 9.2.0.4 to 9.2.0.5. I'm asking becuase I've intalled patches before but never changed release numbers and I don't want to screw anything up. Is upgrading to 9.2.0.5 as simple as loading the first 9.2.0.5 patch??? I'm on metalink and looking at Doc ID: Note:161549.1 as I'm writing this. Am I in the correct area to download the 9.2.0.5 patch? Thanks! Adam Sandler wrote: > Hello, > > I hope this is an easy question. At any rate I need to upgrade from > 9.2.0.4 to 9.2.0.5. I'm asking becuase I've intalled patches before > but never changed release numbers and I don't want to screw anything > up. Is upgrading to 9.2.0.5 as simple as loading the first 9.2.0.5 > patch??? I'm on metalink and looking at Doc ID: Note:161549.1 as I'm > writing this. Am I in the correct area to download the 9.2.0.5 patch? > > Thanks! Upgrades are trivial as long as you: 1. Run a test first on a test server 2. Have a good backup 3. Read and follow Oracle documentation on how to do it. But why 9.2.0.5? Why not 9.2.0.6? -- Daniel A. Morgan Relational theory is not something that is simply a nice-to-have. http://www.psoug.org damorgan@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond) Maybe I wasn't clear in my first post... is going from one version to another in Oracle accomplished by loading the first patch of the next version? In MS Windo...

Building for Mac with 2.5.2 or 2.5.3
What's the educated opinion on porting an application to Mac? We've used 2.4 from CVS for both Windows and Linux but found that there were too many problems with 2.4 when trying to compile on Mac ... now we're not sure if 2.5.3 is a moving target on Mac or should we try staying with 2.5.2? Any expert opinions out in the wild? ....Landon --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: wx-users-unsubscribe@lists.wxwidgets.org For additional commands, e-mail: wx-users-help@lists.wxwidgets.org Hi Please use CVS HEAD...

upgrade from oracle 9.2.0.1.0 to 9.2.0.5.0
Hi, I have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for window version 32 bits, does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step doing it. many thanks leehi leehi wrote: > I have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for > window version 32 bits, Windows NT4? W2k? W2K3? W2K3 - Release 2? Why stop ot 9.2.0.5? > does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step > doing it. leehi wrote: > Hi, > > I have a 9.2.0.1.0 database that I want to upgrade to 9.2.0.5. for > window version 32 bits, > > does anyone can provide the node document information of step by step > doing it. > > many thanks > > leehi Go to metalink.oracle.com (registration and Oracle support CSI required). Click on Patches and Updates tab. Wait for the whole screen to load. Use one of the search functions to find your patch (note the Quick Links if you are getting something common, like 9206 or 9207). When you finally get to your patch download, click on the readme (the piece-of-paper icon next to the download icon). Read all the instructions. It's a good idea to read the instructions every time you do it, even (or perhaps especially) when you are comfortable doing it. The readme is usually also included with the patch. Download and unzip the patch. Look at what is there in the patch, perhaps there are additional release notes. Look around on metalink for addition...

ANN: ActivePython 2.5.2.2 and 2.4.5.14 are now available
I'm happy to announce that ActivePython 2.5.2.2 and 2.4.5.14 are now available for download from: http://www.activestate.com/products/activepython/ These are patch releases that update ActivePython to core Python 2.5.2 and 2.4.5. What is ActivePython? --------------------- ActivePython is ActiveState's binary distribution of Python. Builds for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, HP-UX and AIX are made freely available. ActivePython includes the Python core and the many core extensions: zlib and bzip2 for data compression, the Berkeley DB (bsddb) and SQLite (sqlite3, ActivePython 2.5 only) database libraries, OpenSSL bindings for HTTPS support, the Tix GUI widgets for Tkinter, ElementTree for XML processing (ActivePython 2.5 only), ctypes (on supported platforms, ActivePython 2.5 only) for low-level library access, and others. The Windows distribution ships with PyWin32 -- a suite of Windows tools developed by Mark Hammond, including bindings to the Win32 API and Windows COM. See this page for full details: http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/docs/ActivePython/2.5/whatsincluded.html As well, ActivePython ships with a wealth of documentation for both new and experienced Python programmers. In addition to the core Python docs, ActivePython includes the "What's New in Python" series, "Dive into Python", the Python FAQs & HOWTOs, and the Python Enhancement Proposals (PEPs). An online version of the docs can be found...

High load after upgrading from 5.2-RC2 to 5.2-Release
Hey there, I've upgraded from FreeBSD 5.2-RC2 to 5.2-Release last Friday and I'm having a very strange problem since. I've noticed that all of a sudden all the services my FreeBSD Box is offering were very slow, so I had a look at it and discovered that the avg. load on my Server was about 2-3. After meandering around for quite some time I've discovered that some weird process is eating up more than 50% of my CPU, here is an output from top (top -s1 -I -S): 27 root -48 -167 0K 12K WAIT 27:42 59.08% 59.08% swi8: tty:sio clock The 59.08% is the CPU load. Now does anybody know what eaxctly this swi8: tty:sio clock is for? I've found any useful information. Btw: also after rebuilding with RELENG_5_2 the problem didn't disappear, however if I reboot into single user mode the problem seems to disappear (load avg 0.xxx). Under [1] you can find a graph with the current load. Thank you very much for any tips or hints! [1] https://drsweety.homeip.net/admin/?site=hotsanic/system/load.php With kind regards Aurel Bodenmann -- Aurel Bodenmann, WWW: www dot dr dot sweety dot li E-Mail: dr <at> sweety <dot> li Mobile: ++41 (0)76 526 94 17 Home: ++41 (0)61 711 GEEK Always look on the bright side of life! ...

PHP 5.2.2 (non-thread-safe?)
http://www.php.net/downloads.php What's up with the "non-thread-safe" binaries? What exactly does non-thread-safe mean? And what are the benefits/faults? And finally, is PHP run by Microsoft? There are no Linux/Unix binaries? Thanks. -- Jim Carlock Post replies to the group. Jim Carlock wrote: > http://www.php.net/downloads.php > > What's up with the "non-thread-safe" binaries? What exactly > does non-thread-safe mean? And what are the benefits/faults? It means that you *might* encounter race conditions if you use threads in your webserver. &...

WIN2K, Apache 2.0.5 and PHP 5
hi Everyone, I hope (actually I'm sure) someone can help me to solve my problem. I installed Apache V 2.0.53 on Windows 2000 pro SP4 (including latest Windows patches). Installed PHP version is V 5.0.4 Installed folder locations: Apache: E:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2 PHP 5: E:\usr\PHP5 I added the above path to the PHP folder to the PATH environment variable. The http.conf of Apache containes the following entries: <<< start snippet: >>> LoadModule php5_module "E:/usr/php/php5apache2.dll" AddType application/x-httpd-php .php # configure the path...

apache 2.2.15 service won't start w/ PHP 5.3.2, Windows XP
On a localhost development configuration under Windows XP Pro (SP3), I cannot get Apache2.2.15 http service to start after I enable PHP 5.3.2 as a module. Without PHP, Apache starts and works just fine; PHP itself works (from a command prompt). I had had Apache 2.2.14 and an older PHP 5.2.x working happily together, supporting MySQL, phpMyAdmin, etc. I uninstalled all that and instead: (1) Installed Apache 2.2.15 from httpd-2.2.15-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi (also tried the openssl version when the former + PHP didn't work). It's installed as a service for all users on port 80. And I'm running as Administrator. That worked just fine. (2) Installed PHP 5.3.2 from php-5.3.2-Win32-VC6-x86.msi (thread safe version). As php.net says, with apache.org binaries, I used the VC6 version, not VC9. Now the apache http service will not start. So of course I never got so far as to try a .php script in the browser. When that failed, I uninstalled PHP and instead tried to use php-5.3.2- Win32-VC6-x86.zip and configure manually, starting with php.ini- development copied to php.ini and edited as below. Of course I put the correct entries in Windows system environment variables PATH (starts with D:\Server\PHP\ext;D:\Server\PHP) and PHPRC (D:\Server\PHP). File httpd.conf is what the Apache installer set up plus my edits in appropriate spots: [CODE]ServerName localhost:80 DocumentRoot "E:/htdocs" <Directory "E:/htdocs"> LoadModule php5_module "D:/Serv...

Web resources about - IIS6/FastCGI/PHP 5.2.6 to 5.2.9 upgrade loses MSSQL - comp.lang.php

fastcgi-study/fcgi/main.c at master · changyy/fastcgi-study · GitHub
Contribute to fastcgi-study development by creating an account on GitHub.

Internet Information Services - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Internet Information Services ( IIS ) – formerly called Internet Information Server – is a web server application and set of feature extension ...

Free Web Server Software - Web Server Downloads - Reviews
Browse for software � Networking � Web Servers by Recommended on Freesoftwaredownloads.biz.

Domain Default page
Parallels Plesk Panel This page is generated by Parallels Plesk Panel - leading hosting automation control panel. You see this page because you ...

Article Archives
mount /dev/brain - - tail -f /var/log/thoughts >> /pub/www DEAN LEE:/DEV/BLOG Home About Archives Projects Wiki Tags Links Photos Contact RSS ...

Blogs From The Geeks - Intermittent insightful nuggets
Over the last month we’ve started using ServiceStack for a couple of our api endpoints (go to the full ServiceStack story here ) . We’re hosting ...

Source Browser
Name Size Parent Directory - Apple16X50Serial/ - Apple3Com3C90x/ - AppleAC97Audio/ - AppleADBButtons/ - AppleADBDisplay/ - AppleADBKeyboard/ ...

Microsoft Azure Services come to Windows Server
... & API that delivers a distributed install with datacenter readiness and multiple plan user signup Distributed installation, Generic FastCGI ...

Jonathan Ellis's Programming Blog - Spyced: Spyce 2.0 final
... as JSP and ASP.NET with Pythonic elegance. Spyce may be deployed as a standalone server (or proxied behind Apache), or under mod_python, FastCGI, ...

Documentation
CloudLinux Linux Operating System for hosting providers