least squares algorithm

Hello All!
Any one know where can I find some php code (or "php-able" code)
implementing least squares method?

Thx in advance and pls excuse my poor eng
0
gmannelli (3)

J.SanTanA schreef:
> Hello All!
> Any one know where can I find some php code (or "php-able" code)
> implementing least squares method?
>
> Thx in advance and pls excuse my poor eng

http://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&q=php+least+squares

JW
0
jw137 (829)
2/13/2008 11:42:19 AM
On 13 Feb, 12:42, Janwillem Borleffs <j...@jwscripts.com> wrote:
> J.SanTanA schreef:
>
> > Hello All!
> > Any one know where can I find some php code (or "php-able" code)
> > implementing least squares method?
>
> > Thx in advance and pls excuse my poor eng
>
> http://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&q=php+least+squares
>
> JW

Thx a lot! WOW...

ok, any one else?

PS
I don't need a class that plot graph with lines defined by least
square fit.
0
gmannelli (3)
2/13/2008 12:52:41 PM
Greetings, J.SanTanA.

>> > Any one know where can I find some php code (or "php-able" code)
>> > implementing least squares method?
>>
>> > Thx in advance and pls excuse my poor eng
>>
>> http://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&q=php+least+squares

> Thx a lot! WOW...

> ok, any one else?

> PS
> I don't need a class that plot graph with lines defined by least
> square fit.

If that not helps, go to
http://catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

--
Sincerely Yours, AnrDaemon <anrdaemon@freemail.ru>

0
anrdaemon (327)

Recursive Least Square Algorithm in Equalizer Design
Hi all, I am working in Wireless communications. I need to design Equalizer using Recursive Least Square Algorithm for Wireless Communications. I need help how to start. So please send Suggestions or if any one had sample code please send it to me. Thanks in advance Chowdary, ...

Error probability of Recursive Least Square (RLS) algorithm
Dear All, I have used RLS algorithm to predict channel SNR (lets define SNR as x). SNR is received in frame by frame. The frame duration is 5ms. Lets define the channel SNR in each frame is xi, for i = 1, 2, 3, ..., t I used a window of size 4 in RLS algorithm. I want to predict the SNR 2 times in every 4 frame. At any given frame t, the SNR vector will look like as below. [xt-3 xt-2 xt-1 xt] Now after predicting the SNR for next 2 frames, the SNR vector will look like [xt-1 xt x't+1 x't+2] Where x' is predicted SNR. After prediction there could be some ...

about Least square algorithm in hybrid learning method (ANFIS)
I would like to have ANFIS C-codes for research purposes could you please send me these codes. I want to know is least square algorithm in hybrid learning method (ANFIS) a nonlinear least square method or not? Which code is used for this propose, is it lsqnonlin ? Thanks in advance. Best regars. In article <g1oop7$kv1$1@fred.mathworks.com>, Mustafa Turkmen <turkmen@erciyes.edu.tr> wrote: >I would like to have ANFIS C-codes for research purposes >could you please send me these codes. Are you asking that the source to the Matlab Fuzzy Toolbox routines for ANFIS be sent to you? >I want to know is least square algorithm in hybrid learning >method (ANFIS) a nonlinear least square method or not? >Which code is used for this propose, is it lsqnonlin ? Did you try profiling the execution of the code, and looking at the names of the routines reported? -- "I want to be remembered as the guy who gave his all whenever he was on the field." -- Walter Payton Dear Walter, Thank you very much for your kind response. Yes I am asking for the source to the Matlab Fuzzy Toolbox routines for ANFIS. And I want learn the details of least-square method used in Hiybrid learning algortihm. Yes I have tried to profile the codes but i could not find any track that is lsqnonlin or not. Thanks again. roberson@ibd.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca (Walter Roberson) wrote in mess...

Least Squares
Hi everybody, I need to perform a huge number of Least Squares Fits to my data, using probably something like a+b*Atan(c-d*x) as the fitting function. Can you suggest me the fastest package on CPAN, according to you? Thanks for any help! Alessandro Magni "alexxx.magni@gmail.com" <alexxx.magni@gmail.com> wrote in news:1194290793.569055.310260@o38g2000hse.googlegroups.com: > I need to perform a huge number of Least Squares Fits to my data, > using probably something like a+b*Atan(c-d*x) as the fitting function. > Can you suggest me the fastest package on CPAN, acc...

Least square?
Hi, I have used least square to find three coefficients x,y and z in my equation: C1x + C2y + C3z = L where C1, C2, C3 and L are constants. My problem is that there are situations when the coefficients are negative. These values have physical meaning and should not be negative. I have also tried using LSQNONNEG and got all positive value but the error between the calculated and actual are too high. I really hope that some one can help me. ...

about php lang
plz told me that what is the php lang., how does it works and where it used. mani <msb.jod@gmail.com> wrote: > plz told me that what is the php lang., how does it works and where it > used. There is a good explanation at http://lmgtfy.com/?q=php regards Henrik -- The address in the header is only to prevent spam. My real address is: hc3(at)poolhem.se Examples of addresses which go to spammers: root@localhost postmaster@localhost On 16 Jun 2009, mani <msb.jod@gmail.com> wrote: > plz told me that what is the php lang., how does it works and > where it used. Lulz. <http://www.google.com/> -- ~Curtis Anonymous (1984 IOCCC winner): int i;main(){for(;i["]<i;++i){--i;}"];read('-'-'-',i+++"hell\ o, world!\n",'/'/'/'));}read(j,i,p){write(j/p+p,i---j,i/i);} mani schreef: > plz told me that what is the php lang., how does it works and where it > used. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Php Tip: If you want to learn something about a subject totally new to you, try wikipedia for a reasonable intro. Regards, Erwin Moller -- "There are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies. The first method is far more difficult." -- C.A.R. Hoare ...

Least Squares
Suppose i have signal and i am missing some samples, then i can apply dft on it and get the spectrum but now i want to reconstuct it back can some one show me the least square technique for doing this "kk KKsingh" <akikumar1983@gmail.com> wrote in message <hmnkcl$kju$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Suppose i have signal and i am missing some samples, then i can apply dft on it and get the spectrum but now i want to reconstuct it back can some one show me the least square technique for doing this You do you apply dft on missing data? If you call FFT on the array of val...

Least squares

least squares
Hello, All! is there some least squares solver in common lisp, that can be easily used? (without foreign libs) With best regards, Alex Mizrahi. Alex Mizrahi wrote: > is there some least squares solver in common lisp, that can be easily used? > (without foreign libs) For linear least squares there are some routines in Sapaclisp, which is hosted on common-lisp.net. Look in ordinary-statistics.lisp. If it doesn't work out of the box for your implementation, please send a message to the spaclisp-devel list. Regards, Mario. ...

Least squares
Hello, I'm new to SciLab and I would like to do LSM on "huge" sets of data. I'm talking about matrices of about 5000 x 400 (so 5000 datapoints by 400 parameters). Is this possible in Scilab, how do I do LSM and does anybody know where to find a good example to start from. Kind regards, Darius Blaszijk Hello, if you want to solve linear least squares problems you can use the backslash operator in Scilab. ( See help backslash, and help stacksize) The solution of your problem is A\b. On my notebook with scilab-2.7.2 under Windows-XP your problem size costs about 12 seconds. Rainer dblaszijk@zonnet.nl (Darius Blaszijk) wrote in message news:<987e0d98.0405271519.1f5b60c5@posting.google.com>... > Hello, > > I'm new to SciLab and I would like to do LSM on "huge" sets of data. > I'm talking about matrices of about 5000 x 400 (so 5000 datapoints by > 400 parameters). Is this possible in Scilab, how do I do LSM and does > anybody know where to find a good example to start from. > > Kind regards, Darius Blaszijk Rainer, I'm still struggling with the least squares problem. I think it has to do with my understanding of Scilab. I have the following dataset; x = [1 2; 2 4; 3 9]; y = [2; 3; 4]; If I use the backslash, I indeed get the linear parameters as a result (y = a*x0 + b*x1) -->x\y ans = ! 2.1333333 ! ! - 0.2666667 ! But I need the function to be of t...

Need an optimization function which works on Least Absolute error instead of Least Squared Error
Hi all, Is there any optimization function which gives only positive residues? LSQCURVEFIT works on Minimum Squared Error and so can give positive and negative residues. But I need a function which works on absolute error so that it gives only positive or only negative residues. ...

Partial Least Squares
Has anybody implemented this method (or a similar one) in Labview? Dear Mister B�gli, I make some investigation and I did not find any Partial least Squares function make with LabVIEW. Anyway, you can have a look at this forum "<a href="message?board.id=170&amp;message.id=190376&amp;query.id=138197" target="_blank"> partial least squares</a> ". Or you can use the function Least Square in the libraries: Mathematics -&gt; Fitting -&gt; Linear Fit (Method Least Square) Best regards Nick_CH ...

Total Least Squares
Hi, Is there anyone who has written a code of total least squares using Matlab? If so, could you send the m-file(s) to me (s.wongsa@shef.ac.uk) with the explanation? Thanks, Wongsa S Wongsa demands: > Is there anyone who has written a code of total least squares using Matlab? If so, could you send the m-file(s) to me (s.wongsa@shef.ac.uk) with the explanation? .... of course, many-a-<one> ... as soon as we - at CSSM - see your check in our mailboxes we'll deliver the goods. in addition, you'll get a pair of silk-socks for free. us "us" <us@neurol.unizh.ch> wrote in message news:eecc1b9.0@webx.raydaftYaTP... > S Wongsa demands: > > Is there anyone who has written a code of total least squares using > Matlab? If so, could you send the m-file(s) to me > (s.wongsa@shef.ac.uk) with the explanation? > > ... of course, many-a-<one> ... as soon as we - at CSSM - see > your check in our mailboxes we'll deliver the goods. in addition, > you'll get a pair of silk-socks for free. > > us I think what us is saying is that total least squares algorithms tend to be proprietary. However, don't give up hope, there may be some good resources in academia. More likely, you'll need to dig up some research papers and... dare I say... write your own code. :-) That's the fun part, though! -aj In article <bqnioo$3et1@cui1.lmms.lmco.com>, "AJ \"no z\" Johnson" &l...

Nonlinear least squares
Dear MATLAB User Community! I have a problem with nonlinear least squares fit. I have a series data (xi,yi) i = 1,2,3,...n plot (x, y) xlabel ('distance[m]') ylabel ('level [m]') legend ('profile') and I want to fit it to this equation: F1(x) = -A*(x+xs)^p Three parameters A, p, xs are defined by fitting values. how can i do this? Thank you very much! You can solve it with tomSym using the following code: n = 300; x = rand(n,1); y = rand(n,1); toms A xs p sol = ezsolve(y+A*(x+xs).^p); There are probably quite a b...

Partial Least Squares
Hi, I have a query concerning the various uses of partial least squares. In fact I have quite a few queries! I use spectroscopy to analyse chemical compounds generated from cooking oils upon heating. I have a large data set comprising samples taken from 6 different oils at three timepoints and for both control samples and those for the oils treated with 4 different materials before heating (i.e. 6 oils, 5 treatments and 3 timepoints). To my relatively untrained eyes there would appear to be a range of tests that could be applied (and please tell me if I am way off the mark here): (a) correlation of category of membership (X matrix) with either the spectra themselves or spectra-derived compound concentrations (Y matrix; I assume that this sort of category description is not appropriate for PLS-DA whereby membership constitutes the Y matrix instead), i.e. this would be an inverse regression; what contrast coefficients should I use for matrices combining time and material or time, material and oil; do I in fact exclude one set of category membership dummy variable columns as in more typical regression analyses? Is the use of Q2 and R2 values and 70/30 training/validation sets appropriate in this sort of analysis?); (b) spectra (X matrix) versus %fatty acid distribution or generated compound concentrations (Y matrix, both are easily obtained from spectra for the calibration set) whereby I could compare PLS1 levels obtained from individual levels with those ...

least square method
Hi, I am looking for a code which calculates the coefficients of a polynom with respect to the least square method for a given set of x-y data points Herbert Herbert Voss <Herbert.Voss@FU-Berlin.de> writes: > I am looking for a code which calculates the coefficients > of a polynom with respect to the least square method for a > given set of x-y data points If you are thinking about curve fitting, polynomials tend to overshoot quite a lot after a certain degree. You tend to get better results using splines (piecewise low-order polynomials fitted with continuity conditions). Anyway: the equations for linear fitting are pretty easy: I presume you already have them and just want to save yourself the effort for coding? -- David Kastrup Am 21.04.2010 10:34, schrieb David Kastrup: > Anyway: the equations for linear fitting are pretty easy: I presume you > already have them and just want to save yourself the effort for coding? correct, _linear_ fitting is no problem, I have it already running. Herbert Herbert Voss wrote: > Hi, > > I am looking for a code which calculates the coefficients > of a polynom with respect to the least square method for a > given set of x-y data points IIRC Don Lancaster had something like this, long ago. BugBear Herbert Voss <Herbert.Voss@FU-Berlin.de> writes: > Am 21.04.2010 10:34, schrieb David Kastrup: > >> Anyway: the equations for linear fitting are pretty easy: I presume you ...

Least squares #2
Hello, How do I do least squares in matlab? Thanks Ditza In article <26132973.1207490579316.JavaMail.jakarta@nitrogen.mathforum.org>, Ditza <ditzafar@gmail.com> wrote: >How do I do least squares in matlab? mldivide, which is more commonly known as the backslash operator. A \ B For further information, you could probably go into the Matlab help subsystem and search for least squares -- "History is a pile of debris" -- Laurie Anderson Ditza <ditzafar@gmail.com> wrote in message <26132973.1207490579316.JavaMail.jakar...

Least-Squares Regression
Is anyone any good with least-squares regression? I have data points and am trying to solve for constants. Here is what I have: clc clear all U = [3 6 2 7 9 1 5 3 6 8 4 3 6 7 9 4 2 1 4 7]; I = [.45 .76 .21 .83 .65 .76 .65 .47 .49 .27 .86 .52 .81 .62 .52 .96 .78 .62 .87 .68]; E = mean(U); E = b0 + b1*U + b2*U^2 + b3*I + b4*I^2 Obviously I have not actually gotten anywhere. I just wanted to give you something to work with. Just to clarify: I am looking to calculate the 5 b variables so that I can take U(1) and I(1), plug them in and get a value very close to E. I would like thes...

least mean square
hi , &nbsp; &nbsp; I am trying to implement a least mean square algorithm with a dsk 6713 . &nbsp; The steps are as follows . &nbsp; - Generate a random set of data, " a ",&nbsp;( 1 D array ) , 500 bits . &nbsp; &nbsp; -&nbsp;convolute &nbsp;data array , " a " , with the channel component , " h " , (1 D array ) , 4 bits , which results in "ah " (taking into consideration only the first 500 bits after convolution). &nbsp; - add some noise to&nbsp;" ah " , which results in " u '. &nbsp; - parallely , i generate a set of initial&nbsp;weight &nbsp;values , " w " (containing zeros to begin with) &nbsp; - Now , i multiply the first 11 bits of&nbsp; " u " with " w " . Subtract the resultant value from the&nbsp;correesponding element ( it is the 5th elemnt to begin with and keeps incrementing ) of " a " , which results in the error component " e". &nbsp; &nbsp; - Multiple " e " with a constant " mu " and i also multiply this with the first 11 bits of&nbsp; "u ". then&nbsp;i add that to the weight value , thereby updating the weight value. &nbsp; - Now , i take the square of the error and have to store the error value in a array for each loop sequence ( for a total of 488 iterations, which should result in a 1D array of 488 bits). &nbsp; I am facing a ...

Linear least square
I am trying to find solution for least square such that ||c-bx1-ax2||^2=0, where a,b,c are vectors of size 100x1 and would like to estimate the values of x1 and x2. lsqr help is of little use. Any help how put it in Matlab?? fas <faisalmufti@gmail.com> wrote in message <a5e96e0b-2edc-40c5-9782-19bef34673da@b34g2000pra.googlegroups.com>... > I am trying to find solution for least square such that > ||c-bx1-ax2||^2=0, where a,b,c are vectors of size 100x1 and would > like to estimate the values of x1 and x2. lsqr help is of little use. > > Any help how put it in Mat...

Generalized Least Squares?
Dear all, I'm involved in ongoing research on a problem that I solved to a first approximation with weighted least squares (using MPFIT) but for a real solution I require generalized least squares: WLS uses a diagonal covariance matrix, i.e., the data errors are uncorrelated; GLS uses a full covariance matrix, i.e., the data errors can be correlated. I have not found any ready solution in IDL yet, and I am under the impression that there is no analytical solution to GLS, so fairly complicated numerical methods are required. I have actually found a routine in MATLAB called "lscov&qu...

Robust Least Squares
is there an efficient way to do robust fit for a matrix Y instead of a vector? the function 'robustfit' takes in only vector Y inputs. any way to use matrix operation to get same results other than to call the robustfit function for each column of my data matrix Y? eg. for least squares solution, instead of using for i = 1:p b(:,i) = regress(y(:,i),X); end i can get the matrix b much faster by writing b = X\y; "Vicky " <happygalpeanut@yahoo.com> wrote in message <ft64ug$4h7$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > is there an effic...

Re: Least square?
Thank you for all the replies. I will work on the suggestions and will be back if I have any problem. cheerio, zuhaina ...

Least squares method.
Hi everybody, -I'm working on the modeling/identification of a room Transfer Function (TF) using an ARMA model. So I need to understand the "Least squares method"; let: e = h - F* X e: the error vector. h: the measured TF. F: a matrix, which contains estimated TF. X: the ARMA coefficients' (the unknown). Therefore Matlab should compute this equation: X = (F.' * F)\ (F.' * h) -As I understand, the algorithm of the Least squares method is: 1�-Put zeros in F(0) (estimated TF), measure h(0), and then compute X. 2�-Put the last measured h (i.e. h(0)) in F(1), measur...

Web resources about - least squares algorithm - comp.lang.php

Algorithm - Wikipedia
Flow chart of an algorithm (Euclid's algorithm) for calculating the greatest common divisor (g.c.d.) of two numbers a and b in locations named ...

Instagram to soon start showing content out of order and based on personalized algorithms
... in its iOS and Android apps. While content is currently shown in chronological order, Instagram will soon switch to a new personalized algorithms ...

Should Brands Fear Instagram’s Feed Algorithm?
Despite assurances from Instagram that brands will be unaffected by the feed algorithm it plans to introduce , businesses can’t feel too comfortable. ...

9th Circuit revisits Dancing Baby copyright case: No fair use via algorithm
... of the opinion that appeared to endorse automated computer filters as a valid fair use consideration. "The implementation of computer algorithms ...

Tweeting while drunk? There’s now an algorithm that can catch you in the act
With a drunk text, you always run the risk of embarrassing yourself in the eyes of whoever is on the receiving end of the message. But with a ...

What Instagram’s Algorithm Change Means for Marketers
... suddenly become ineffective or counterproductive overnight. Why do things turn on a dime in digital marketing? Unlike human-based mental algorithms, ...

Algorithms and experiments make strange bedfellows at SXSW
Search and social media algorithms can produce strange results for their users but fiddling with them can produce strange results from their ...

Leave Me Out Of Your Instagram Algorithm Bubble
VideoInstagram—which is owned by Facebook—announced this week that it will soon begin to filter the pictures in your feed based on an algorithm. ...

An Algorithm Can Tell If You're Drunk Tweeting
If you were at a bar with your phone in New York City during 2014, your whiskey-laced illegible tweets may have been used for important scientific ...

Instagram May Change Your Feed, Personalizing It With An Algorithm
For years, we have been trained to view web postings from our friends in a certain order. Refresh the top of your various “feeds” — the running ...